Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I got a million of 'em

These tomatoes are delicious, but they're too darned
small. We'll have pasta with these but cherry tomatoes
are much more useful.

http://tinypic.com/r/6tn0rd/8

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:04:33 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>These tomatoes are delicious, but they're too darned
>small. We'll have pasta with these but cherry tomatoes
>are much more useful.
>
>http://tinypic.com/r/6tn0rd/8
>
>nancy

They look good. My neighbor came over last night and gave us about
that many in a bag. Her now retired father planted a garden. In just
one day they picked 1500 of them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:04:33 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>These tomatoes are delicious, but they're too darned
>small. We'll have pasta with these but cherry tomatoes
>are much more useful.
>
>http://tinypic.com/r/6tn0rd/8

Yes, they do look a bit smaller than normal cherry tomatoes.
I'm planning/hoping for a large crop of tomatoes this year to mostly
make into sauce. Need to settle on a few good varieties now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/21/2015 6:07 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:04:33 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> These tomatoes are delicious, but they're too darned
>> small. We'll have pasta with these but cherry tomatoes
>> are much more useful.
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/6tn0rd/8

> Yes, they do look a bit smaller than normal cherry tomatoes.
> I'm planning/hoping for a large crop of tomatoes this year to mostly
> make into sauce. Need to settle on a few good varieties now.

Do you start from seeds? I do enjoy rushing spring by deciding
what to grow and starting the plants.

I didn't start these tiny tomatoes, though. A rabbit ruined
transplants and I had to buy plants from a nursery. I really
thought these were regular sized cherry tomatoes.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/21/2015 5:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:04:33 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> These tomatoes are delicious, but they're too darned
>> small. We'll have pasta with these but cherry tomatoes
>> are much more useful.
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/6tn0rd/8

> They look good. My neighbor came over last night and gave us about
> that many in a bag. Her now retired father planted a garden. In just
> one day they picked 1500 of them.

Yikes! I only have the one small tomato plant and it takes as
long or longer to pick the ripe ones that the three other
plants I have growing the large ones.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22/08/2015 7:12 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:04:33 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> These tomatoes are delicious, but they're too darned
>> small. We'll have pasta with these but cherry tomatoes
>> are much more useful.
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/6tn0rd/8
>>
>> nancy

> They look good. My neighbor came over last night and gave us about
> that many in a bag. Her now retired father planted a garden. In just
> one day they picked 1500 of them.

A friend has those growing wild up on his Hectare block of land. An
almost continual crop.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 20:04:31 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 8/21/2015 6:07 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:04:33 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> These tomatoes are delicious, but they're too darned
>>> small. We'll have pasta with these but cherry tomatoes
>>> are much more useful.
>>>
>>> http://tinypic.com/r/6tn0rd/8

>> Yes, they do look a bit smaller than normal cherry tomatoes.
>> I'm planning/hoping for a large crop of tomatoes this year to mostly
>> make into sauce. Need to settle on a few good varieties now.

>Do you start from seeds? I do enjoy rushing spring by deciding
>what to grow and starting the plants.

Yep, I just buy seeds and go from there. I'll grow plenty of capsicums
this year as well.

I've spent much of the past two weeks working on my veggie garden. I
have good soil here, albeit high in clay. This year I really wanted to
sort that out, once and for all. Had truckloads of screened cow poo
delivered, plus tons of sheep and poultry manure, mushroom compost,
seaweed, normal compost, sawdust, straw... you name it - it got some.
Plus fertilisers, and lime of course.

>I didn't start these tiny tomatoes, though. A rabbit ruined
>transplants and I had to buy plants from a nursery. I really
>thought these were regular sized cherry tomatoes.

I know I've had mislabeled plants from nurseries before, it looks like
that's what happened to you too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:04:33 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>These tomatoes are delicious, but they're too darned
>small. We'll have pasta with these but cherry tomatoes
>are much more useful.
>
>http://tinypic.com/r/6tn0rd/8
>
>nancy

Cherry tomatoes are one of my favorite ferments.

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...tomatoes-.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/q5bv8yc

They get a little fizzy and can be made with any herbs/spices you
like.

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/21/2015 11:30 PM, koko wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:04:33 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> These tomatoes are delicious, but they're too darned
>> small. We'll have pasta with these but cherry tomatoes
>> are much more useful.
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/6tn0rd/8

> Cherry tomatoes are one of my favorite ferments.

> http://tinyurl.com/q5bv8yc
>
> They get a little fizzy and can be made with any herbs/spices you
> like.

Awesome! And I could use my pretty Weck jars. Thanks!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2015 11:06 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 10:53:24 +1000, Xeno >
> wrote:
>
>> On 22/08/2015 7:12 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:04:33 -0400, Nancy Young

>>> They look good. My neighbor came over last night and gave us about
>>> that many in a bag. Her now retired father planted a garden. In just
>>> one day they picked 1500 of them.
>>>

>> A friend has those growing wild up on his Hectare block of land. An
>> almost continual crop.

> I have them coming up like a weed, via the compost. A welcome weed, if
> in the right spot.

Mmmm hmmm...