Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food and Cooking Forums - Other

Are there any good food and cooking forums without all the goofy trolls?
Somewhat like this one used to be and preferably with supervision and
monitoring?
This site has really gone down hill lately. Can it be saved?
=====
Posted to rec.food.cooking
tDs tDs is offline

On 8/11/2015 9:37 AM, Roy wrote:
> Are there any good food and cooking forums without all the goofy trolls?
> Somewhat like this one used to be and preferably with supervision and
> monitoring?
> This site has really gone down hill lately. Can it be saved?
> =====

a.) no

\|||/
(o o)
,---ooO--(_)--------.
| Please don't |
| feed the Marty & |
| Sqwerty TROLLS! |
| TNX |
`-------------ooO---'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2015 11:37 AM, Roy wrote:
> Are there any good food and cooking forums without all the goofy trolls?
> Somewhat like this one used to be and preferably with supervision and
> monitoring?
> This site has really gone down hill lately. Can it be saved?
> =====

Just use your killfile and ignore the trolls and SPAM. Personally I'm
not interested in moderated groups. I'm an adult, I don't need someone
to tell me what I'm allowed to post.

FWIW, I do try to post about food and discuss cooking. I even post the
occasional picture of food I've prepared.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote:

>Are there any good food and cooking forums without all the goofy trolls?
>Somewhat like this one used to be and preferably with supervision and
>monitoring?
>This site has really gone down hill lately. Can it be saved?

This troll invasion occurs at usenet every summer, school is out and
the imbeciles are uncaged and bored. All you need do is ignore the
psychotic ****ants and you yourself post about food and cooking... if
you're only here as an audience to be entertained and you contribute
nothing then your presence is unnecessary... tell us what you are
preparing for tonight's dinner. I'm cooking pork chops (bought
yesterday/never frozen) and refried beans; four 3/4" center cut chops
are seasoned and in a pan in the fridge at the ready (seasoned with
black pepper, granulated garlic, Goya Adobo Seasoning, and Penseys
Adobo). Four cans of Goya black beans are dumped in a bowl and in the
fridge at the ready (only because today is trash pick up and I got rid
of four cans). Chops will be fried in olive oil till barely cooked
through and set aside. Next the beans will get dumped in the same pan
with the fond and heated on low and continuously mashed until a
consistancy where about 25% whole beans remain and bean liquid has
reduced. Then add back the chops just to reheat and finish cooking.
Usually I'd serve with warmed corn tortillas but alas those I can buy
here in markets are old and stale... those I was able to buy on Lung
Guyland were sold still hot from the dozens of local tortilla
factories that delivered all morning. I could make my own but I don't
feel it's worth my time... I will serve plain white rice instead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:47:43 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 8/11/2015 11:37 AM, Roy wrote:
>> Are there any good food and cooking forums without all the goofy trolls?
>> Somewhat like this one used to be and preferably with supervision and
>> monitoring?
>> This site has really gone down hill lately. Can it be saved?
>> =====
>>

>Just use your killfile and ignore the trolls and SPAM. Personally I'm
>not interested in moderated groups. I'm an adult, I don't need someone
>to tell me what I'm allowed to post.
>
>FWIW, I do try to post about food and discuss cooking. I even post the
>occasional picture of food I've prepared.
>
>Jill

I agree Jill. I am my own SPAM filter. I have a delete key and I know
how to use it.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2015 1:00 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Roy wrote:
>>
>> Are there any good food and cooking forums without all the goofy trolls?
>> Somewhat like this one used to be and preferably with supervision and
>> monitoring?
>> This site has really gone down hill lately. Can it be saved?

> This troll invasion occurs at usenet every summer, school is out and
> the imbeciles are uncaged and bored. All you need do is ignore the
> psychotic ****ants and you yourself post about food and cooking... if
> you're only here as an audience to be entertained and you contribute
> nothing then your presence is unnecessary... tell us what you are
> preparing for tonight's dinner. I'm cooking pork chops (bought
> yesterday/never frozen) and refried beans; four 3/4" center cut chops
> are seasoned and in a pan in the fridge at the ready (seasoned with
> black pepper, granulated garlic, Goya Adobo Seasoning, and Penseys
> Adobo). Four cans of Goya black beans are dumped in a bowl and in the
> fridge at the ready (only because today is trash pick up and I got rid
> of four cans). Chops will be fried in olive oil till barely cooked
> through and set aside. Next the beans will get dumped in the same pan
> with the fond and heated on low and continuously mashed until a
> consistancy where about 25% whole beans remain and bean liquid has
> reduced. Then add back the chops just to reheat and finish cooking.
> Usually I'd serve with warmed corn tortillas but alas those I can buy
> here in markets are old and stale... those I was able to buy on Lung
> Guyland were sold still hot from the dozens of local tortilla
> factories that delivered all morning. I could make my own but I don't
> feel it's worth my time... I will serve plain white rice instead.

I agree - ignore spam and just talk cooking.

Dinner tonight will be my version of Chicken Marsala with leftover
cooked chicken breast. I saute the mushrooms in a little oil - add the
chopped shallots. Then Marsala wine and butter to thicken slightly. Add
thinly sliced cooked chicken to heat through and absorb some Marsala.
It will be served with leftover French Potato Salad - (chopped potatoes,
chopped red onion and chopped black olives in oil/vinegar dressing)
along with sliced garden fresh tomatoes topped with fresh basil.

Rusty in MD
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Roy wrote:
>>
>>Are there any good food and cooking forums without all the goofy trolls?
>>Somewhat like this one used to be and preferably with supervision and
>>monitoring?
>>This site has really gone down hill lately. Can it be saved?

> This troll invasion occurs at usenet every summer, school is out and
> the imbeciles are uncaged and bored. All you need do is ignore the
> psychotic ****ants and you yourself post about food and cooking... if
> you're only here as an audience to be entertained and you contribute
> nothing then your presence is unnecessary... tell us what you are
> preparing for tonight's dinner. I'm cooking pork chops (bought
> yesterday/never frozen) and refried beans; four 3/4" center cut chops
> are seasoned and in a pan in the fridge at the ready (seasoned with
> black pepper, granulated garlic, Goya Adobo Seasoning, and Penseys
> Adobo). Four cans of Goya black beans are dumped in a bowl and in the
> fridge at the ready (only because today is trash pick up and I got rid
> of four cans). Chops will be fried in olive oil till barely cooked
> through and set aside. Next the beans will get dumped in the same pan
> with the fond and heated on low and continuously mashed until a
> consistancy where about 25% whole beans remain and bean liquid has
> reduced. Then add back the chops just to reheat and finish cooking.
> Usually I'd serve with warmed corn tortillas but alas those I can buy
> here in markets are old and stale... those I was able to buy on Lung
> Guyland were sold still hot from the dozens of local tortilla
> factories that delivered all morning. I could make my own but I don't
> feel it's worth my time... I will serve plain white rice instead.

I grilled some steak and corn, and fried some potatoes last night

my wife said "you can't eat that" (bloody pink steak)

I said, yes I can - and I will live to tell about it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:44:26 -0400, Rusty > wrote:

snip

>Dinner tonight will be my version of Chicken Marsala with leftover
>cooked chicken breast. I saute the mushrooms in a little oil - add the
>chopped shallots. Then Marsala wine and butter to thicken slightly. Add
>thinly sliced cooked chicken to heat through and absorb some Marsala.
>It will be served with leftover French Potato Salad - (chopped potatoes,
>chopped red onion and chopped black olives in oil/vinegar dressing)
>along with sliced garden fresh tomatoes topped with fresh basil.
>
>Rusty in MD

what time is dinner? It all sounds good. For some reason it is
almost impossible to find marsala wine here. I'll start phoning
liquor stores and see how that works out.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2015 12:08 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:44:26 -0400, Rusty > wrote:
>
> snip
>>
>> Dinner tonight will be my version of Chicken Marsala with leftover
>> cooked chicken breast. I saute the mushrooms in a little oil - add the
>> chopped shallots. Then Marsala wine and butter to thicken slightly. Add
>> thinly sliced cooked chicken to heat through and absorb some Marsala.
>> It will be served with leftover French Potato Salad - (chopped potatoes,
>> chopped red onion and chopped black olives in oil/vinegar dressing)
>> along with sliced garden fresh tomatoes topped with fresh basil.
>>
>> Rusty in MD

> what time is dinner? It all sounds good. For some reason it is
> almost impossible to find marsala wine here.

Due to the Mormon Curtain?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:00:55 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>Roy wrote:
>>
>>Are there any good food and cooking forums without all the goofy trolls?
>>Somewhat like this one used to be and preferably with supervision and
>>monitoring?
>>This site has really gone down hill lately. Can it be saved?

>This troll invasion occurs at usenet every summer, school is out and
>the imbeciles are uncaged and bored. All you need do is ignore the
>psychotic ****ants and you yourself post about food and cooking... if
>you're only here as an audience to be entertained and you contribute
>nothing then your presence is unnecessary... tell us what you are
>preparing for tonight's dinner. I'm cooking pork chops (bought
>yesterday/never frozen) and refried beans; four 3/4" center cut chops
>are seasoned and in a pan in the fridge at the ready (seasoned with
>black pepper, granulated garlic, Goya Adobo Seasoning, and Penseys
>Adobo). Four cans of Goya black beans are dumped in a bowl and in the
>fridge at the ready (only because today is trash pick up and I got rid
>of four cans). Chops will be fried in olive oil till barely cooked
>through and set aside. Next the beans will get dumped in the same pan
>with the fond and heated on low and continuously mashed until a
>consistancy where about 25% whole beans remain and bean liquid has
>reduced. Then add back the chops just to reheat and finish cooking.
>Usually I'd serve with warmed corn tortillas but alas those I can buy
>here in markets are old and stale... those I was able to buy on Lung
>Guyland were sold still hot from the dozens of local tortilla
>factories that delivered all morning. I could make my own but I don't
>feel it's worth my time... I will serve plain white rice instead.

Pics. . . .
This was the dish I prepared awhile ago... I do this often as it's
easy peasy, relatively inexpensive, and very good:
http://i61.tinypic.com/29dgryv.jpg
That's my refried bean smusher, a kind of potato ricer, a plate with
square holes... I prefer black beans for refried but do as you please:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2hob3td.jpg
An excellent hearty summer dish, doesn't heat the kitchen like a lit
oven and all in one pan:
http://i59.tinypic.com/96vqbt.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rusty wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 8/11/2015 1:00 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > Roy wrote:
> > >
> >> Are there any good food and cooking forums without all the goofy

> trolls? >> Somewhat like this one used to be and preferably with
> supervision and >> monitoring?
> >> This site has really gone down hill lately. Can it be saved?

> > This troll invasion occurs at usenet every summer, school is out and
> > the imbeciles are uncaged and bored. All you need do is ignore the
> > psychotic ****ants and you yourself post about food and cooking...
> > if you're only here as an audience to be entertained and you
> > contribute nothing then your presence is unnecessary... tell us
> > what you are preparing for tonight's dinner. I'm cooking pork
> > chops (bought yesterday/never frozen) and refried beans; four 3/4"
> > center cut chops are seasoned and in a pan in the fridge at the
> > ready (seasoned with black pepper, granulated garlic, Goya Adobo
> > Seasoning, and Penseys Adobo). Four cans of Goya black beans are
> > dumped in a bowl and in the fridge at the ready (only because today
> > is trash pick up and I got rid of four cans). Chops will be fried
> > in olive oil till barely cooked through and set aside. Next the
> > beans will get dumped in the same pan with the fond and heated on
> > low and continuously mashed until a consistancy where about 25%
> > whole beans remain and bean liquid has reduced. Then add back the
> > chops just to reheat and finish cooking. Usually I'd serve with
> > warmed corn tortillas but alas those I can buy here in markets are
> > old and stale... those I was able to buy on Lung Guyland were sold
> > still hot from the dozens of local tortilla factories that
> > delivered all morning. I could make my own but I don't feel it's
> > worth my time... I will serve plain white rice instead.
> >

> I agree - ignore spam and just talk cooking.
>
> Dinner tonight will be my version of Chicken Marsala with leftover
> cooked chicken breast. I saute the mushrooms in a little oil - add
> the chopped shallots. Then Marsala wine and butter to thicken
> slightly. Add thinly sliced cooked chicken to heat through and absorb
> some Marsala. It will be served with leftover French Potato Salad -
> (chopped potatoes, chopped red onion and chopped black olives in
> oil/vinegar dressing) along with sliced garden fresh tomatoes topped
> with fresh basil.
>
> Rusty in MD

One of my go to favs has become a really simple lamb curry dish. Makes
lots of gravy for rice which my daughter and husband love during the
day when I am at work!

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk" Baaaaaa. . .d:
>Rusty wrote:
>>Brooklyn1 wrote:

>> > This troll invasion occurs at usenet every summer, school is out and
>> > the imbeciles are uncaged and bored. All you need do is ignore the
>> > psychotic ****ants and you yourself post about food and cooking...
>> > if you're only here as an audience to be entertained and you
>> > contribute nothing then your presence is unnecessary... tell us
>> > what you are preparing for tonight's dinner. I'm cooking pork
>> > chops (bought yesterday/never frozen) and refried beans; four 3/4"
>> > center cut chops are seasoned and in a pan in the fridge at the
>> > ready (seasoned with black pepper, granulated garlic, Goya Adobo
>> > Seasoning, and Penseys Adobo). Four cans of Goya black beans are
>> > dumped in a bowl and in the fridge at the ready (only because today
>> > is trash pick up and I got rid of four cans). Chops will be fried
>> > in olive oil till barely cooked through and set aside. Next the
>> > beans will get dumped in the same pan with the fond and heated on
>> > low and continuously mashed until a consistancy where about 25%
>> > whole beans remain and bean liquid has reduced. Then add back the
>> > chops just to reheat and finish cooking. Usually I'd serve with
>> > warmed corn tortillas but alas those I can buy here in markets are
>> > old and stale... those I was able to buy on Lung Guyland were sold
>> > still hot from the dozens of local tortilla factories that
>> > delivered all morning. I could make my own but I don't feel it's
>> > worth my time... I will serve plain white rice instead.

>> I agree - ignore spam and just talk cooking.
>>
>> Dinner tonight will be my version of Chicken Marsala with leftover
>> cooked chicken breast. I saute the mushrooms in a little oil - add
>> the chopped shallots. Then Marsala wine and butter to thicken
>> slightly. Add thinly sliced cooked chicken to heat through and absorb
>> some Marsala. It will be served with leftover French Potato Salad -
>> (chopped potatoes, chopped red onion and chopped black olives in
>> oil/vinegar dressing) along with sliced garden fresh tomatoes topped
>> with fresh basil.

>One of my go to favs has become a really simple lamb curry dish. Makes
>lots of gravy for rice which my daughter and husband love during the
>day when I am at work!

Be sure to stock up:
http://www.lysol.com/products/toilet...-bowl-cleaner/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

barbie gee wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> This troll invasion occurs at usenet every summer, school is out and
>>> the imbeciles are uncaged and bored. All you need do is ignore the
>>> psychotic ****ants and you yourself post about food and cooking... if
>>> you're only here as an audience to be entertained and you contribute
>>> nothing then your presence is unnecessary... tell us what you are
>>> preparing for tonight's dinner. I'm cooking pork chops (bought
>>> yesterday/never frozen) and refried beans; four 3/4" center cut chops
>>> are seasoned and in a pan in the fridge at the ready (seasoned with
>>> black pepper, granulated garlic, Goya Adobo Seasoning, and Penseys
>>> Adobo). Four cans of Goya black beans are dumped in a bowl and in the
>>> fridge at the ready (only because today is trash pick up and I got rid
>>> of four cans). Chops will be fried in olive oil till barely cooked
>>> through and set aside. Next the beans will get dumped in the same pan
>>> with the fond and heated on low and continuously mashed until a
>>> consistancy where about 25% whole beans remain and bean liquid has
>>> reduced. Then add back the chops just to reheat and finish cooking.
>>> Usually I'd serve with warmed corn tortillas but alas those I can buy
>>> here in markets are old and stale... those I was able to buy on Lung
>>> Guyland were sold still hot from the dozens of local tortilla
>>> factories that delivered all morning. I could make my own but I don't
>>> feel it's worth my time... I will serve plain white rice instead.

>> I grilled some steak and corn, and fried some potatoes last night
>>
>> my wife said "you can't eat that" (bloody pink steak)
>>
>> I said, yes I can - and I will live to tell about it

> why did she say that?
> what's wrong with a rare steak?

misinformation so powerful that no amount of evidence to the contrary is
able to overcome it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

> ... tell us what you are preparing for tonight's dinner.

Well...my wife has been visiting family for three weeks and is flying
back tomorrow. During that time, I made curried beef, chicken gumbo and
a beef slumgullion. Lots of all of it. I interspersed the meals with
mainly Taco Bell with a little McDonalds sprinkled in. Oh, and lots of
beer. I kept our small garden weeded, mowed the lawn and cleaned the
toilets, so she won't know I need her. I'm finishing off my last day
alone with Stouffer's Mac and Cheese and more beer. Pretty good overall
plan, right? Nailed it!

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 > wrote in
:

> nothing then your presence is unnecessary... tell us what you are
> preparing for tonight's dinner. I'm cooking pork chops (bought

After years of thinking that my spicy food days were over, I've recently
rediscovered heat. Last night's dinner (and tonight's leftovers) was
country style pork ribs slow cooked in a mixture of enchilada sauce, peach
mango salso, and enough of Mrs. Renfrow's hot salsa to give it a kick,
served over a bed of yellow rice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:37:59 -0500, barbie gee >
wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> This troll invasion occurs at usenet every summer, school is out and
>>> the imbeciles are uncaged and bored. All you need do is ignore the
>>> psychotic ****ants and you yourself post about food and cooking... if
>>> you're only here as an audience to be entertained and you contribute
>>> nothing then your presence is unnecessary... tell us what you are
>>> preparing for tonight's dinner. I'm cooking pork chops (bought
>>> yesterday/never frozen) and refried beans; four 3/4" center cut chops
>>> are seasoned and in a pan in the fridge at the ready (seasoned with
>>> black pepper, granulated garlic, Goya Adobo Seasoning, and Penseys
>>> Adobo). Four cans of Goya black beans are dumped in a bowl and in the
>>> fridge at the ready (only because today is trash pick up and I got rid
>>> of four cans). Chops will be fried in olive oil till barely cooked
>>> through and set aside. Next the beans will get dumped in the same pan
>>> with the fond and heated on low and continuously mashed until a
>>> consistancy where about 25% whole beans remain and bean liquid has
>>> reduced. Then add back the chops just to reheat and finish cooking.
>>> Usually I'd serve with warmed corn tortillas but alas those I can buy
>>> here in markets are old and stale... those I was able to buy on Lung
>>> Guyland were sold still hot from the dozens of local tortilla
>>> factories that delivered all morning. I could make my own but I don't
>>> feel it's worth my time... I will serve plain white rice instead.

>> I grilled some steak and corn, and fried some potatoes last night
>> my wife said "you can't eat that" (bloody pink steak)
>> I said, yes I can - and I will live to tell about it

>why did she say that?
>what's wrong with a rare steak?

You'd be surprised at how many people won't eat rare beef, not even
medium... many will order steak well done... of course they'd be
better off ordering tube steak.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/12/2015 3:12 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
George HW Bush is a known evil pedophile, who ran a Congressional
Blackmail Child Sex Ring during the 1980s known as “Operation Brownstone
and Operation Brownstar”, and later to become known as “The Finders or
The Franklin Coverup”. U.S. Vice President George HW Bush would sneak
children over to Senator Barney Frank’s condo, known as a “Brownstone”
to their famous cocktail parties, where U.S. Congressman and U.S.
Senators — some willing and some unwilling participants — got a taste of
the “Voodoo Drug” in their drink.

To prove a case, you need one that was involved in an operation or a
witness or documents; in this case, U.S. Customs documents prove the
case without getting anyone still living killed. Inside the (scribd)
document below is an article that appeared in US News and World report
December 27 1993, entitled “Through a Glass Very Darkly”. This includes
cops, spies and a very old investigation — also copies of the U.S.
Customs Reports where the names are not blacked out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/12/2015 1:37 PM, barbie gee wrote:
[...]

What other groups, forums around the web are there about microwaveoven cooking?... besides rec.food.cooking thezak General Cooking 3 17-03-2009 01:27 PM
New to the forums. cookingudlookin General Cooking 1 24-01-2008 05:50 PM
BBQ Review Forums Adam Thomas Barbecue 22 15-08-2005 06:24 AM
BBQ Forums Oso Barbecue 1 21-11-2004 12:19 AM
Share your recipes and cooking tips at Upstate Forums Gadget Barbecue 0 14-10-2004 06:07 AM