General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 04:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,041
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-33839742

The Australian government is proposing banning the sale of the popular
Vegemite spread in some communities because it is used to make alcohol.

It says the yeast-based product is contributing to anti-social behaviour
in some remote communities.

Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion described the salty spread as
a "precursor to misery".

He said it was being bought in bulk to make moonshine, sometimes being
brewed in bathtubs.

In communities where alcohol is banned because of addiction problems, Mr
Scullion said Vegemite sales should also be restricted, the BBC's Jon
Donnison in Sydney reports.

The minister added that in some cases children were failing to turn up
to school because they were too hung over, and that Vegemite was an
increasingly common factor in domestic violence cases.

Vegemite started as a wartime substitute for Marmite.

It is now something of an Australian culinary icon, our correspondent says.


  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 05:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 57
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

On 8/8/2015 10:02 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
All the best stuff comes from bathtubs.
Omelet wrote:


He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...


He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
meds.


For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 05:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,661
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 8:52:02 PM UTC-7, graham wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-33839742

The Australian government is proposing banning the sale of the popular
Vegemite spread in some communities because it is used to make alcohol.

It says the yeast-based product is contributing to anti-social behaviour
in some remote communities.

Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion described the salty spread as
a "precursor to misery".

He said it was being bought in bulk to make moonshine, sometimes being
brewed in bathtubs.

In communities where alcohol is banned because of addiction problems, Mr
Scullion said Vegemite sales should also be restricted, the BBC's Jon
Donnison in Sydney reports.

The minister added that in some cases children were failing to turn up
to school because they were too hung over, and that Vegemite was an
increasingly common factor in domestic violence cases.

Vegemite started as a wartime substitute for Marmite.

It is now something of an Australian culinary icon, our correspondent says.


Vegemite was first introduced to market in 1923 -- a bit after Armistice Day.
But the biggest problem is that the yeast in Vegemite is dead Dead DEAD.
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 07:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 932
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

On 8/9/2015 2:59 PM, wrote:
It has even been confirmed that George Bush (GHWB) denied presidents,
during and after his tenure in office, access to sensitive data, such
the the U.S. UFO files due to the fact they did not possess the proper
security clearances. President Carter wanted to access those files due
to his own experience of seeing a UFO but was denied access by the CIA.
To this day, GHWB exercises undue influence within the CIA as he made
sure he had loyal operatives at all levels, starting at the
directorship. Then again he made sure he had damaging information on
many key individuals, all else failing he “ordered their
neutralization,” former CIA Director William Colby, being a notable
example. The official finding was suicide.

He is known, by many government insiders, to be an openingly unabashed
(doesn’t hide it among friends) pedophile, specifically referring to the
Franklin Community Credit Union scandal in the 1980s which was a major
national scandal that was covered-up by White House officials during the
time GHWB was vice president to Reagan and later.

He is also a practicing satanist by many accounts (now very popular
among the elite with their hand signs and T.V shows with satanic symbols
and themes – Beyonce, one among many); a coward (during World War II);
authorized the assassinations of democratically elected foreign leaders,
as well as American citizens – most notably Ross Perot who ran against
him as president – and used the CIA as a front for drug smuggling into
the United States using military transport aircraft and ships, a
practice that started with the Iran/Contra Scandal and later blossomed
as a major source of black operations funding outside the congressional
budget appropriations process where Congress controls the purse.
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 07:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 932
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

On 8/9/2015 1:52 PM, graham wrote:
It has even been confirmed that George Bush (GHWB) denied presidents,
during and after his tenure in office, access to sensitive data, such
the the U.S. UFO files due to the fact they did not possess the proper
security clearances. President Carter wanted to access those files due
to his own experience of seeing a UFO but was denied access by the CIA.
To this day, GHWB exercises undue influence within the CIA as he made
sure he had loyal operatives at all levels, starting at the
directorship. Then again he made sure he had damaging information on
many key individuals, all else failing he €śordered their
neutralization,€ť former CIA Director William Colby, being a notable
example. The official finding was suicide.

He is known, by many government insiders, to be an openingly unabashed
(doesnt hide it among friends) pedophile, specifically referring to the
Franklin Community Credit Union scandal in the 1980s which was a major
national scandal that was covered-up by White House officials during the
time GHWB was vice president to Reagan and later.

He is also a practicing satanist by many accounts (now very popular
among the elite with their hand signs and T.V shows with satanic symbols
and themes €“ Beyonce, one among many); a coward (during World War II);
authorized the assassinations of democratically elected foreign leaders,
as well as American citizens €“ most notably Ross Perot who ran against
him as president €“ and used the CIA as a front for drug smuggling into
the United States using military transport aircraft and ships, a
practice that started with the Iran/Contra Scandal and later blossomed
as a major source of black operations funding outside the congressional
budget appropriations process where Congress controls the purse.


  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 08:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11,730
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales



"graham" wrote in message
...
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-33839742

The Australian government is proposing banning the sale of the popular
Vegemite spread in some communities because it is used to make alcohol.

It says the yeast-based product is contributing to anti-social behaviour
in some remote communities.

Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion described the salty spread as a
"precursor to misery".

He said it was being bought in bulk to make moonshine, sometimes being
brewed in bathtubs.

In communities where alcohol is banned because of addiction problems, Mr
Scullion said Vegemite sales should also be restricted, the BBC's Jon
Donnison in Sydney reports.

The minister added that in some cases children were failing to turn up to
school because they were too hung over, and that Vegemite was an
increasingly common factor in domestic violence cases.

Vegemite started as a wartime substitute for Marmite.

It is now something of an Australian culinary icon, our correspondent
says.


We had that on our news this morning.

How do they stop people going to areas without where it is not banned and
buying it anyway??



--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 12:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 33
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

On 09/08/2015 11:45 am, wrote:


Vegemite is not a patch on Marmite !


+1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

The original and best!
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 03:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 932
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

On 8/9/2015 9:52 PM, Saint George wrote:
It has even been confirmed that George Bush (GHWB) denied presidents,
during and after his tenure in office, access to sensitive data, such
the the U.S. UFO files due to the fact they did not possess the proper
security clearances. President Carter wanted to access those files due
to his own experience of seeing a UFO but was denied access by the CIA.
To this day, GHWB exercises undue influence within the CIA as he made
sure he had loyal operatives at all levels, starting at the
directorship. Then again he made sure he had damaging information on
many key individuals, all else failing he “ordered their
neutralization,” former CIA Director William Colby, being a notable
example. The official finding was suicide.

He is known, by many government insiders, to be an openingly unabashed
(doesn’t hide it among friends) pedophile, specifically referring to the
Franklin Community Credit Union scandal in the 1980s which was a major
national scandal that was covered-up by White House officials during the
time GHWB was vice president to Reagan and later.

He is also a practicing satanist by many accounts (now very popular
among the elite with their hand signs and T.V shows with satanic symbols
and themes – Beyonce, one among many); a coward (during World War II);
authorized the assassinations of democratically elected foreign leaders,
as well as American citizens – most notably Ross Perot who ran against
him as president – and used the CIA as a front for drug smuggling into
the United States using military transport aircraft and ships, a
practice that started with the Iran/Contra Scandal and later blossomed
as a major source of black operations funding outside the congressional
budget appropriations process where Congress controls the purse.
  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 03:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 932
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

On 8/9/2015 5:53 PM, Ophelia wrote:
I have, on at least three prior occasions, written posts that delve into
the €śalleged€ť lurid past of one of our former presidents, George Herbert
Walker Bush (GHWB), the current but ailing patriarch of the Bush Family
Dynasty €“ I refer to them as the Bush Family Crime Syndicate, certainly
not in terms of endearment €“ but rather more like the Mafia Godfather
who prepares his sons to take over the family business upon his death.
This particular post references an article by Stew Webb, a contributor
of Veterans Today.

In his life-time, George H. W. Bush (GHWB) has controlled every
clandestine (hidden from view) and secret organization/operation within
the arsenal of the United States government as either 1) Director of the
CIA, 2) Vice President to Ronald Reagan (who was an unwitting puppet to
the Bush controlled cabal €“ GHWB secretly gave Reagan poisons that
hastened his fall into Alzheimers Disease and evidence suggests he
helped plan Reagan attempted assassination by John Hinckley, whose
family were close friends of the Bush family €“ a coincidence?) and 3)
ultimately as President of the United States before Bill Clinton took
office.
  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 05:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 57
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

On 8/9/2015 8:42 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
A very weak wine, if anything.

**** off, woman-stalker:

Omelet wrote:


He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...


He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
meds.


For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-08-2015, 10:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 932
Default Australia may limit Vegemite sales

On 8/10/2015 2:55 AM, TRS wrote:
Barbara J. Llorente - A FRAUD!
Get the **** out of here, you FAT FRAUD biotch troll!




Get out - stalker!


....dump!

____.-.____
[__Barbara__]
[_J.Llorente _]
(d|||TROLL|||b)
`|||ENABLER|||`
|||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||||
`"""""""""'
\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//






Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking the scrambling of eggs to the limit Silvar Beitel[_2_] General Cooking 6 18-12-2012 07:05 PM
VEGEMITE BANNED IN AUSTRALIA ! Alan Truism[_1_] General 0 06-11-2007 05:35 PM
Life is Different here, sky has no limit but you must grip it with this website Ramprasad Baking 1 19-12-2006 12:42 AM
So whats the up-side limit... [email protected] Barbecue 1 28-03-2005 09:39 PM
Why I have chosen to limit use of artificial sweetners. BZ Diabetic 1 08-10-2003 04:31 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017