Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Christianity is bullshit, and Im not apologizing for saying that

Religious bigots are furious with Dan Savage yet again. This time their
rage is inspired by a speech Dan gave at the National High School
Journalism Conference, where he points out the €śbullshit€ť in the Bible
and a trickle of Christians get up and walk out of his talk. Watch the
video for a wonderful speech and the poor butthurt Christians leaving
(in a single file line that starts in unison€¦smells like a planned
walk-out to me): https://youtu.be/ao0k9qDsOvs

You see, its exactly the same. On one hand, we have someone pointing
out that certain ideas of an oppressive majority group are wrong. On the
other hand, we have that oppressive majority group bullying children
until they commit suicide because those children have a biological trait
that the oppressive majority finds abhorrent because their invisible sky
daddy told them so in a really old book. And Focus on the Family is
pro-dialogue because theyre allowed to talk about their beliefs, but
you have to shut up about yours.

Duh.

Its not just Focus on the Family: the various conservative fundies have
chimed in with the typical €śHelp, help, us poor Christians are being
oppressed and bullied! Waaaah!€ť The concept of Christians being
persecuted in the US is laughable, but Im not laughing. Why? Because
Christians who scream €śpersecution!€ť are doing it to silence dissent. It
even worked on Savage, who apologized for calling the walk-out
€śpansy-assed€ť (which it was) and explained that he wasnt calling
Christianity bullshit:

€śI didnt call anyones religion bullshit. I did say that there is
bullshit€”€ťuntrue words or ideas€ś€”in the Bible. That is being spun as an
attack on Christianity. Which is bull
shhh
€¦ which is untrue. I was not attacking the faith in which I was
raised. I was attacking the argument that *** people must be
discriminated against€”and anti-bullying programs that address anti-***
bullying should be blocked (or exceptions should be made for bullying
€śmotivated by faith€ť)€”because it says right there in the Bible that
being *** is wrong. Yet the same people who make that claim choose to
ignore what the Bible has to say about a great deal else. I did not
attack Christianity. I attacked hypocrisy. My remarks can only be read
as an attack on all Christians if you believe that all Christians are
hypocrites. Which I dont believe.€ť

Sure, not all Christians are hypocrites. We have the Westboro Baptist
Church, Ken Ham, and other Biblical literalists as perfect examples of
unhypocritical Christians. But theyre still wrong. Theyre still
following a bullshit book and a bullshit religion. And despite the
whining of Focus on the Family, Christians deserve to have their faith
mocked and belittled, because it is an idea worthy of only mockery and
belittlement.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/23/2015 8:55 AM, Troll Disposal Service wrote:
> On 7/22/2015 1:53 PM, Dr. Edward Morbius wrote:
>> Religious bigot

> Folks hereabouts know so many of the troll "names" associated with Marty:

Barbara Llorente FRAUD!