Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default MSN article: "Wacky Kid Snacks from around the World"

Just found it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...id=mailsignout

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

And one of them, from Mexico, reminds me of the Mad Scientist version of Play-Doh! Trouble is, while I found a commercial for a Mad Scientist toy, it wasn't Play-Doh - and vice versa. That is, the video of the toy that turns Play-Doh into hair that grows wasn't the one I remember from the early 1980s or earlier - with organ music.

But it's fun anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs2TfsW_Nc4

Lenona.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 12:12 PM, wrote:

> Just found it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...id=mailsignout

> Lenona.

When I lived in Bangkok as a kid I *loved* dried squid! Except this
wasn't sweet. Just salty. It was similar to beef jerky except more
thinly sliced. Salty. NOT marinated. I also loved salted dried
watermelon seeds. I'd buy these snacks from a "noodle cart" vendor who
stopped in front of our house after school.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 10:12 AM, wrote:

> Just found it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...id=mailsignout

> Lenona.

Great stuff!

Sign me up for a moko moko mokolet!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2015 2:55 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/11/2015 10:22 AM, wrote:
>> And one of them, from Mexico, reminds me of the Mad Scientist version
>> of Play-Doh! Trouble is, while I found a commercial for a Mad
>> Scientist toy, it wasn't Play-Doh - and vice versa. That is, the video
>> of the toy that turns Play-Doh into hair that grows wasn't the one I
>> remember from the early 1980s or earlier - with organ music.
>>
>> But it's fun anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs2TfsW_Nc4

>> Lenona.
>>

> This would be a great revival steam powered sex toy!
>
> Might even outsell the Donald Trump Organic Douche.
>--
>"These gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America’s
>founding fathers"
>-Ronald Reagan introducing the Mujahideen leaders, 1985).

Find someone else to pick on, you droning, toad-spotted gudgeon!

No one cares.

Get OUT!

"Last of the Independents"

"Reliable bully control 24/7"

Call 1-666-GO2-HELL"
,--.--._
------" _, \___)
|| / _/____) BAM!
|| \//(____)
------\ (__)
`-----"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 9:01 PM, Troll Disposal Service wrote:
> Find someone

BODINE FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> When I lived in Bangkok as a kid I *loved* dried squid! Except this
> wasn't sweet. Just salty. It was similar to beef jerky except more
> thinly sliced. Salty. NOT marinated. I also loved salted dried
> watermelon seeds. I'd buy these snacks from a "noodle cart" vendor who
> stopped in front of our house after school.
>
> Jill

My daughter and I also enjoy raw squid. I recently saw, and presumably
saved, a salad recipe that included it. Therefore I was looking for
some a couple of nights ago but instead found that the pan-Asian store
near here seems not to carry it anymore. Oh well, I have to go to
another store within the nest few days, and I am sure I will find it
there. (The customers are mostly Japanese and Korean.)