Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Salvaging shredded cheese?

I have two bags of store-brand finely shredded sharp cheddar. They were in
the refrigerator 'Crisper' drawer. One is normal, as I purchaded it - loose
cheese shreds. In the other unopened package the cheese has formed a hard
oval lump. Is there and way to salvage this as shredded cheese, or do I
have to use it as lump of regular unshredded firm cheddar cheese and slice
it to use it?

Anyone have any ideas why this happened?

TIA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Re-shred it yourself with a grater, or just melt the whole lump for Mac and cheese.

Denise in NH
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message
>I have two bags of store-brand finely shredded sharp cheddar. They were in
> the refrigerator 'Crisper' drawer. One is normal, as I purchaded it -
> loose
> cheese shreds. In the other unopened package the cheese has formed a hard
> oval lump. Is there and way to salvage this as shredded cheese, or do I
> have to use it as lump of regular unshredded firm cheddar cheese and slice
> it to use it?
>
> Anyone have any ideas why this happened?
>
> TIA

Might have gotten a bit warm and/or compressed by something. Just break it
into pieces with your hand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 11:35 AM, KenK wrote:
> I have two bags of store-brand finely shredded sharp cheddar. They were in
> the refrigerator 'Crisper' drawer. One is normal, as I purchaded it - loose
> cheese shreds. In the other unopened package the cheese has formed a hard
> oval lump. Is there and way to salvage this as shredded cheese, or do I
> have to use it as lump of regular unshredded firm cheddar cheese and slice
> it to use it?
>
> Anyone have any ideas why this happened?
>
> TIA

A quick buzz in the food processor may cure it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2015 4:49 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "KenK" > wrote in message
>> I have two bags of store-brand finely shredded sharp cheddar. They
>> were in
>> the refrigerator 'Crisper' drawer. One is normal, as I purchaded it -
>> loose
>> cheese shreds. In the other unopened package the cheese has formed a hard
>> oval lump. Is there and way to salvage this as shredded cheese, or do I
>> have to use it as lump of regular unshredded firm cheddar cheese and
>> slice
>> it to use it?
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas why this happened?
>>
>> TIA

> Might have gotten a bit warm and/or compressed by something. Just break
> it into pieces with your hand.

Donald Trump’s speech announcing his 2016 campaign at the Trump Tower in
New York City yesterday was a spectacle that will go down in American
history. The billionaire real estate mogul wasted no time laying out his
case to become President that included calling Mexican immigrants
rapists, claiming God created him to create jobs, and using his
knowledge of air conditioning units to create a military strategy
against ISIS.
If you had any doubts as to whether Trump was ready to run for
President, these 10 quotes should clear them up for you pretty quickly.
The Donald is ready America, so buckle up.

1. Donald sewing up the Mexican vote:

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best.
They’re sending people that have lots of problems. They’re bringing
drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.

2. On using his expertise in air conditioning to create a competent ISIS
strategy:

Some of the candidates, they went in and didn’t know the air
conditioner didn’t work and sweated like dogs, and they didn’t know the
room was too big because they didn’t have anybody there. How are they
going to beat ISIS?

3. On how he would fix HealthCare.gov:

We have a 5 billion dollar website. I have so many websites … I
hire people. They do a website. It costs me three dollars.

4. Donald showing his diplomacy skills:

When was the last time anybody saw us beating, let’s say, China in
a trade deal? They kill us. I beat China all the time.

5. On God making him to make jobs:

I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.

6. On getting Mexicans to build a wall to keep themselves out of America:

I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me,
believe me —and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a
great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for
that wall. Mark my words.

7. Er…

They built a hotel. When I build a hotel, I have to pay interest.
They don’t have to pay interest because they took the oil when we left
Iraq, I said we should have taken. So now ISIS has the oil.

8. On politicians using the moon to distract people:

I watch the speeches of these people, and they say the sun will
rise, the moon will set, all sorts of wonderful things will happen, and
people are saying, ‘What is going on? I just want a job.’

9. On free trade:

Free trade is terrible. Free trade can be wonderful if you have
smart people. But we have stupid people.

10. On why we need a President who wrote Donald Trump’s The Art of the Deal:

We need a leader that wrote The Art of the Deal.

Donald Trump will be President in 2016, so don’t doubt him you losers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 3:16 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/9/2015 4:49 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "KenK" > wrote in message
>>> I have two bags of store-brand finely shredded sharp cheddar. They
>>> were in
>>> the refrigerator 'Crisper' drawer. One is normal, as I purchaded it -
>>> loose
>>> cheese shreds. In the other unopened package the cheese has formed a
>>> hard
>>> oval lump. Is there and way to salvage this as shredded cheese, or do I
>>> have to use it as lump of regular unshredded firm cheddar cheese and
>>> slice
>>> it to use it?
>>>
>>> Anyone have any ideas why this happened?
>>>
>>> TIA

>> Might have gotten a bit warm and/or compressed by something. Just break
>> it into pieces with your hand.

> Donald Trump

Bodine FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 4:09 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> It's totally ruined. You should throw it away.

No one cares.

Get OUT!

_,..._
/__ \
>< `. \

/_ \ |
\-_ /:|
,--'..'. :
,' `.
_,' \
_.._,--'' , |
, ,',, _| _,.'| | |
\\||/,'(,' '--'' | | |
_ ||| | /-' |
| | (- -)<`._ | / /
| | \_\O/_/`-.(<< |____/ /
| | / \ / -'| `--.'|
| | \___/ / /
| | H H / | |
|_|_..-H-H--.._ / ,| |
|-.._"_"__..-| | _-/ | |
| | | | \_ |
| Sqwerty | | | | |
| & | |____| | |
| Marty | _..' | |____|
jrei | |_(____..._' _.' |
`-..______..-'"" (___..--'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I have two bags of store-brand finely shredded sharp cheddar. They
> were in the refrigerator 'Crisper' drawer. One is normal, as I
> purchaded it - loose cheese shreds. In the other unopened package the
> cheese has formed a hard oval lump. Is there and way to salvage this
> as shredded cheese, or do I have to use it as lump of regular
> unshredded firm cheddar cheese and slice it to use it?
>
> Anyone have any ideas why this happened?
>
> TIA

If it's not too bad, it will re-shred by hand for use on a pizza or
something. It will definately melt (if a melty type) for mac-n-cheese.
I assume it was sealed and not moldy.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 1:35:54 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
> I have two bags of store-brand finely shredded sharp cheddar. They were in
> the refrigerator 'Crisper' drawer. One is normal, as I purchaded it - loose
> cheese shreds. In the other unopened package the cheese has formed a hard
> oval lump. Is there and way to salvage this as shredded cheese, or do I
> have to use it as lump of regular unshredded firm cheddar cheese and slice
> it to use it?
>
> Anyone have any ideas why this happened?
>
> TIA
>

> --
> You know it's time to clean the refrigerator
> when something closes the door from the inside.

I like sharp cheddar on pizza.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2015 7:17 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 3:16 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>>> Might have gotten a bit warm and/or compressed by something. Just break
>>> it into pieces with your hand.

>> Donald Trump

> Bodine FRAUD!

NO ONE CARES FRAUD!!!!

....dump!

____.-.____
[__Casa__]
[___Julie Bove___]
(d|||TROLL|||b)
`|||TRASH|||`
`"""""""""'
\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 6:14 PM, Troll Disposal Service wrote:
> On 7/9/2015 7:17 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>>> Donald Trump

>> Bodine FRAUD!
>>

> NO ONE

BODINE FORGERY!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 1:35:54 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
> I have two bags of store-brand finely shredded sharp cheddar. They were in
> the refrigerator 'Crisper' drawer. One is normal, as I purchaded it - loose
> cheese shreds. In the other unopened package the cheese has formed a hard
> oval lump. Is there and way to salvage this as shredded cheese, or do I
> have to use it as lump of regular unshredded firm cheddar cheese and slice
> it to use it?
>
> Anyone have any ideas why this happened?
>
> TIA

I'd give it the taste test, and if it passes to your satisfaction, then I'd try to shred or grate it. If that fails, then just gnaw on it as time goes by.

It must be the fridge gremlin at work again, is my guess as to cause.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 1:27 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> eb Bush Supported

Bodine FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 9:21 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/10/2015 1:27 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>> eb Bush Supported

Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 5:48 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/11/2015 9:21 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>> On 7/10/2015 1:27 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>>> eb Bush Supported

> Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

http://www.nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/4202

Chicken Contests
Contests since 14/Jun/2008
Current rank: 2747th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

Ribs Contests
Contests since 23/Apr/2010
Current rank: 818th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

Pork Contests
Contests since 24/Apr/2009
Current rank: 2016th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

LOL!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 10:07 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/10/2015 5:48 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>> Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

http://www.nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/9902

Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

I ONLY USE AIOE.ORG
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 7:00 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/11/2015 10:07 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>>> Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

http://www.nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/9902

> Barbara Llorente FRAUD!
>

> I ONLY USE AIOE.ORG