Old 26-06-2015, 04:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jasmine rice question

I normally make Texmati rice or something cheap in a bag, either long grain
or Asian with the cheap stuff usually reserved for times when someone is
sick and doesn't want to eat much rice to begin with or I just plain can't
get my hands on the Texmati. Seems only one store around here sells the
stuff now. Anyway...

I made the Jasmati and served Angela her dinner. Husband came in not long
after. The food was still warm but he likes his piping hot so I nuked it
for 40 seconds. No complaints from either of them on the food and the rice
looked perfect when I served it to her but... I had left it in the pan with
no lid and by the time I plated his, it had gone kind of hard. Like it was
super dry. What could have caused this? Could it be our nasty heat wave?
I didn't time it but it couldn't have sat there for any longer than 15
minutes. Probably more like 5-10 minutes. I don't recall ever having rice
do this before.

Old 26-06-2015, 09:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 11:45:34 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
[...]

Vortex warning............
Old 26-06-2015, 09:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/26/2015 2:26 PM, Kalmia wrote:
[...]

Bullying alert - yours.

jasmine rice? Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 4 27-09-2009 03:59 PM
Chilli Chicken With Jasmine Rice James Lanka Recipes (moderated) 0 14-12-2008 12:09 AM
jasmine rice elaine General Cooking 21 30-10-2007 04:56 PM
Mango Curry Brilliance with Prawns and Jasmine Rice International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 28-03-2005 04:06 AM
Mango Curry Brilliance with Prawns and Jasmine Rice Chef2Chef Recipe Club Recipes (moderated) 0 08-09-2004 02:04 PM