Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default Maple smoked lamb shanks

Try passing this by without your mouth watering...

Maple wood marries so very well with lamb!

http://www.cookshack.com/store/Other...nion-Marmalade

Ingredients

12 medium lamb shanks

For Marinade
4 ounces whiskey
16 ounces red wine
1 Tablespoons garlic
2 Tablespoons rosemary
2 Tablespoons black pepper
2 Tablespoons Salt

For Whiskey Onion Marmalade
3 pounds sliced onions
¼ cup butter
2 Tablespoons black pepper
½ cup whiskey
Salt to taste
Instructions

Combine ingredients and marinate lamb shanks for 24 hours. Smoke with
maple wood at 225°F for 4 hours, or until tender.

For Whiskey Onion Marmalade Sauté the onions in the butter until soft.
Season with black pepper. Add the whiskey and simmer for 14 minutes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 11:56:15 -0600, La Mirada > wrote:

> Try passing this by without your mouth watering...
>
> Maple wood marries so very well with lamb!
>
> http://www.cookshack.com/store/Other...nion-Marmalade
>

> Whiskey Onion Marmalade
>
> 3 pounds sliced onions
> ¼ cup butter
> 2 Tablespoons black pepper
> ½ cup whiskey
> Salt to taste
>

> For Whiskey Onion Marmalade Sauté the onions in the butter until soft.
> Season with black pepper. Add the whiskey and simmer for 14 minutes

I'm trying that marmalade for sure, thanks.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2015 12:16 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 11:56:15 -0600, La Mirada > wrote:
>
>> Try passing this by without your mouth watering...
>>
>> Maple wood marries so very well with lamb!
>>
>> http://www.cookshack.com/store/Other...nion-Marmalade
>>

>> Whiskey Onion Marmalade
>>
>> 3 pounds sliced onions
>> ¼ cup butter
>> 2 Tablespoons black pepper
>> ½ cup whiskey
>> Salt to taste
>>

>> For Whiskey Onion Marmalade Sauté the onions in the butter until soft.
>> Season with black pepper. Add the whiskey and simmer for 14 minutes

> I'm trying that marmalade for sure, thanks.

Isn't that the best!

Just as good over pork or a nice ribeye.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:21:49 -0600, La Mirada > wrote:

> On 6/15/2015 12:16 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 11:56:15 -0600, La Mirada > wrote:
> >
> >> Try passing this by without your mouth watering...
> >>
> >> Maple wood marries so very well with lamb!
> >>
> >> http://www.cookshack.com/store/Other...nion-Marmalade
> >>

> >> Whiskey Onion Marmalade
> >>
> >> 3 pounds sliced onions
> >> ¼ cup butter
> >> 2 Tablespoons black pepper
> >> ½ cup whiskey
> >> Salt to taste
> >>

> >> For Whiskey Onion Marmalade Sauté the onions in the butter until soft.
> >> Season with black pepper. Add the whiskey and simmer for 14 minutes

> > I'm trying that marmalade for sure, thanks.
> >

> Isn't that the best!
>
> Just as good over pork or a nice ribeye.

Beef sounds perfect! I just wish I knew if the recipe wanted me to
use scotch (malted barley), bourbon (51% corn) or rye (51% rye) when
it says "whiskey".

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2015 12:56 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:21:49 -0600, La Mirada > wrote:

>>> I'm trying that marmalade for sure, thanks.
>>>

>> Isn't that the best!
>>
>> Just as good over pork or a nice ribeye.

> Beef sounds perfect! I just wish I knew if the recipe wanted me to
> use scotch (malted barley), bourbon (51% corn) or rye (51% rye) when
> it says "whiskey".

I always go with Bourbon when I make it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 12:56:33 PM UTC-5, La Mirada wrote:
> Try passing this by without your mouth watering...
>
> Maple wood marries so very well with lamb!

To each their own, but I find the taste of maple smoke offensive. I
often use small maple sticks ~1/4 to 1/2" in my chimney, just above the
newspaper, to start other cooking woods, but I wait until the maple is
completely burned off before putting the wood into my Weber Kettle.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:52:32 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 12:56:33 PM UTC-5, La Mirada wrote:
>> Try passing this by without your mouth watering...
>>
>> Maple wood marries so very well with lamb!
>>

>To each their own, but I find the taste of maple smoke offensive. I
>often use small maple sticks ~1/4 to 1/2" in my chimney, just above the
>newspaper, to start other cooking woods, but I wait until the maple is
>completely burned off before putting the wood into my Weber Kettle.
>
>--Bryan

Agreed... which is why I abhor bacon... I find maple snoked foods
highly offensive
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2015 6:52 PM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 12:56:33 PM UTC-5, La Mirada wrote:
>> Try passing this by without your mouth watering...
>>
>> Maple wood marries so very well with lamb!
>>

> To each their own, but I find the taste of maple smoke offensive. I
> often use small maple sticks ~1/4 to 1/2" in my chimney, just above the
> newspaper, to start other cooking woods, but I wait until the maple is
> completely burned off before putting the wood into my Weber Kettle.
>
> --Bryan

You are clearly not a reader of the maple wood smoked, maple syrup
brined, and maple syrup glazed roast turkey recipe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2015 7:05 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:52:32 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> > wrote:
>
>> On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 12:56:33 PM UTC-5, La Mirada wrote:
>>> Try passing this by without your mouth watering...
>>>
>>> Maple wood marries so very well with lamb!
>>>

>> To each their own, but I find the taste of maple smoke offensive. I
>> often use small maple sticks ~1/4 to 1/2" in my chimney, just above the
>> newspaper, to start other cooking woods, but I wait until the maple is
>> completely burned off before putting the wood into my Weber Kettle.
>>
>> --Bryan

> Agreed... which is why I abhor bacon... I find maple snoked foods
> highly offensive

Your loss, mate.