Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT I went to the Cosmic Reunion for the Memorial Day weekend, instead of the Indy 500!

It was GROOVY, man!!!

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=55BF40F7

I danced my ass off Sat night to the music of The Schwag, a Grateful
Dead cover band who ROCKS!!! It was like one of the old Acid Tests,
I'll bet! Or close! Certainly better than most of you "marshmallows"
had!! And I only drank one six pack of Schafly's yummy beers, and
shared two bottles of red wine with two new campsite neighbors new
friends I met while camping, over the two or three days I was staying
down there.

Heaven man! We must be in heaven, man!! I spent the whole weekend
meeting my friends who I was just meeting for the first time!
Beautiful people, tree hugging dirt worshiping hippies just like me!
Artists, dancers, musicians, fire acrobats, all sorts of GOOD people,
having fun, playing music, creating art, talking, sharing ideas,
having fun, eating food, just like a neo-mini Woodstock! We got
ourselves back to the garden, and made it happen again!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:35:47 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> It was GROOVY, man!!!
>
> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=55BF40F7
>
> I danced my ass off Sat night to the music of The Schwag, a Grateful
> Dead cover band who ROCKS!!! It was like one of the old Acid Tests,
> I'll bet! Or close! Certainly better than most of you "marshmallows"
> had!! And I only drank one six pack of Schafly's yummy beers, and
> shared two bottles of red wine with two new campsite neighbors new
> friends I met while camping, over the two or three days I was staying
> down there.
>
> Heaven man! We must be in heaven, man!! I spent the whole weekend
> meeting my friends who I was just meeting for the first time!
> Beautiful people, tree hugging dirt worshiping hippies just like me!
> Artists, dancers, musicians, fire acrobats, all sorts of GOOD people,
> having fun, playing music, creating art, talking, sharing ideas,
> having fun, eating food, just like a neo-mini Woodstock! We got
> ourselves back to the garden, and made it happen again!
>
> John Kuthe...

I think it is great something like that could happen again !!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 11:20:27 AM UTC-10, rosie wrote:
> On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:35:47 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > It was GROOVY, man!!!
> >
> > https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=55BF40F7
> >
> > I danced my ass off Sat night to the music of The Schwag, a Grateful
> > Dead cover band who ROCKS!!! It was like one of the old Acid Tests,
> > I'll bet! Or close! Certainly better than most of you "marshmallows"
> > had!! And I only drank one six pack of Schafly's yummy beers, and
> > shared two bottles of red wine with two new campsite neighbors new
> > friends I met while camping, over the two or three days I was staying
> > down there.
> >
> > Heaven man! We must be in heaven, man!! I spent the whole weekend
> > meeting my friends who I was just meeting for the first time!
> > Beautiful people, tree hugging dirt worshiping hippies just like me!
> > Artists, dancers, musicians, fire acrobats, all sorts of GOOD people,
> > having fun, playing music, creating art, talking, sharing ideas,
> > having fun, eating food, just like a neo-mini Woodstock! We got
> > ourselves back to the garden, and made it happen again!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> I think it is great something like that could happen again !!!

The day of giant festivals has pretty much passed - in America, that is. They're still alive and kicking in Europe. My guess is that the Brits would be surprised to hear this. Probably the biggest festival would be the Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts in England so you might want to get your ass down there!

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2015 14:20:24 -0700 (PDT), rosie >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:35:47 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>> It was GROOVY, man!!!
>>
>> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=55BF40F7
>>
>> I danced my ass off Sat night to the music of The Schwag, a Grateful
>> Dead cover band who ROCKS!!! It was like one of the old Acid Tests,
>> I'll bet! Or close! Certainly better than most of you "marshmallows"
>> had!! And I only drank one six pack of Schafly's yummy beers, and
>> shared two bottles of red wine with two new campsite neighbors new
>> friends I met while camping, over the two or three days I was staying
>> down there.
>>
>> Heaven man! We must be in heaven, man!! I spent the whole weekend
>> meeting my friends who I was just meeting for the first time!
>> Beautiful people, tree hugging dirt worshiping hippies just like me!
>> Artists, dancers, musicians, fire acrobats, all sorts of GOOD people,
>> having fun, playing music, creating art, talking, sharing ideas,
>> having fun, eating food, just like a neo-mini Woodstock! We got
>> ourselves back to the garden, and made it happen again!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>I think it is great something like that could happen again !!!

Thanks Rosie! Yes, it was pretty fantastic, and all because of the
PEOPLE there! Almost alll beautiful friendly nice people. My kind of
people. I was walking down the path back to my campsite at one point
early on in the weekend and a "friend I hadn't met yet" just wished me
a Heppy Birthday as we passed, so I reflexively wished him a Happy
Birthday right back! And I smiled, and think he did too. :-) Very nice
thing to say, and all the rest of the weekend I was wishing "friends I
hadn't met yet" a Happy Birthday! I think I even said Merry Christmas
to one such "friend I hadn't met yet!" And a few I'd stop and talk
with, and explicate "You know how when it's a friend's birthday and
you say to him "Happy Birthday", and then continue to treat him or her
just a little nicer that day, just because it's their birthday? And
wouldn't it be nice if we'd all just treat each other a little nicer
just like that for no real reason other than it's the nice and right
thing to do?" And we'd usually end up hugging each other, just talking
together a little like that!

I exchaged a LOTTA hugs this past weekend, with a lotta friends I got
a chance to meet for the first time! Yay! :-)

Beautiful!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2015 14:58:41 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 11:20:27 AM UTC-10, rosie wrote:

>> I think it is great something like that could happen again !!!

>The day of giant festivals has pretty much passed - in America, that is. They're still alive and kicking in Europe. My guess is that the Brits would be surprised to hear this. Probably the biggest festival would be the Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts in England so you might want to get your ass down there!
>
>http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

It's We The People of Planet Earth that make things like the Cosmic
Reunion happen! My kind of people! Tree hugging, dirt worshiping field
and urban hippies all over the planet! All different sorts of people,
doesn't matter the color of our skin or the configuration of our
genitals, or our age, background, income, sexual interest or any stuff
like that, as long as our overall theme in our lives is goodness,
beauty, peace, love, etc. We don't even care what sorts of chemicals
and/or plant substances you put in your body, or not, just if you have
some, bring enough to share! I personally told a LOT of folks, oh no
thanks, "I'm studying for my test" because there were quite a few
willing to share the bounty of our Earth! Or our chemical labs too, a
few. I might have liked to partake, but I was remaining legallt clean
and sober, just ethanol, and in moderate amounts, as I was an
"unoffical member at large" of the Psychedelic Societry of Saint
Louis' Harm Reduction commitee, there to afford a friendly safe place
for anyone who needed it. And I personally helped two friends I hadn't
met yet who were having just a little (or a LOT!) too much fun! Of
course these inciidents were a team effort, AND performed very
successfully! :-)

I was so unofficial, I barely existed!! :-) And I like it that way.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/25/2015 1:39 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Mon, 25 May 2015 14:58:41 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
>> On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 11:20:27 AM UTC-10, rosie wrote:

>>> I think it is great something like that could happen again !!!

>> The day of giant festivals has pretty much passed - in America, that is. They're still alive and kicking in Europe. My guess is that the Brits would be surprised to hear this. Probably the biggest festival would be the Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts in England so you might want to get your ass down there!
>>
>> http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

> It's We The People of Planet Earth that make things like the Cosmic
> Reunion happen! My kind of people! Tree hugging, dirt worshiping field
> and urban hippies all over the planet! All different sorts of people,
> doesn't matter the color of our skin or the configuration of our
> genitals, or our age, background, income, sexual interest or any stuff
> like that, as long as our overall theme in our lives is goodness,
> beauty, peace, love, etc. We don't even care what sorts of chemicals
> and/or plant substances you put in your body, or not, just if you have
> some, bring enough to share! I personally told a LOT of folks, oh no
> thanks, "I'm studying for my test" because there were quite a few
> willing to share the bounty of our Earth! Or our chemical labs too, a
> few. I might have liked to partake, but I was remaining legallt clean
> and sober, just ethanol, and in moderate amounts, as I was an
> "unoffical member at large" of the Psychedelic Societry of Saint
> Louis' Harm Reduction commitee, there to afford a friendly safe place
> for anyone who needed it. And I personally helped two friends I hadn't
> met yet who were having just a little (or a LOT!) too much fun! Of
> course these inciidents were a team effort, AND performed very
> successfully! :-)
>
> I was so unofficial, I barely existed!! :-) And I like it that way.
>
> John Kuthe...

You shudda never taken a hit of that brown acid - just kidding!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2015 14:09:49 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 5/25/2015 1:39 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 May 2015 14:58:41 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>>> The day of giant festivals has pretty much passed - in America, that is. They're still alive and kicking in Europe. My guess is that the Brits would be surprised to hear this. Probably the biggest festival would be the Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts in England so you might want to get your ass down there!
>>>
>>> http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

>> It's We The People of Planet Earth that make things like the Cosmic
>> Reunion happen! My kind of people! Tree hugging, dirt worshiping field
>> and urban hippies all over the planet! All different sorts of people,
>> doesn't matter the color of our skin or the configuration of our
>> genitals, or our age, background, income, sexual interest or any stuff
>> like that, as long as our overall theme in our lives is goodness,
>> beauty, peace, love, etc. We don't even care what sorts of chemicals
>> and/or plant substances you put in your body, or not, just if you have
>> some, bring enough to share! I personally told a LOT of folks, oh no
>> thanks, "I'm studying for my test" because there were quite a few
>> willing to share the bounty of our Earth! Or our chemical labs too, a
>> few. I might have liked to partake, but I was remaining legallt clean
>> and sober, just ethanol, and in moderate amounts, as I was an
>> "unoffical member at large" of the Psychedelic Societry of Saint
>> Louis' Harm Reduction commitee, there to afford a friendly safe place
>> for anyone who needed it. And I personally helped two friends I hadn't
>> met yet who were having just a little (or a LOT!) too much fun! Of
>> course these inciidents were a team effort, AND performed very
>> successfully! :-)
>>
>> I was so unofficial, I barely existed!! :-) And I like it that way.
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

>You shudda never taken a hit of that brown acid - just kidding!

I did almost all my psychedelic substances years ago, back in high
school and shortly after. Late 1970's/early 1980's. Don't necessarily
need to go through those Doors of Perception again, I AM Experienced
as Jimi said!! And Ive been living the lessons I learned ever since.
Psychedelics are not like any other drugs you could ever take, and I
can never forget. I don't need the agents anymore. Been there, done
that!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:35:47 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> It was GROOVY, man!!!
>
> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=55BF40F7
>
> I danced my ass off Sat night to the music of The Schwag, a Grateful
> Dead cover band who ROCKS!!! It was like one of the old Acid Tests,
> I'll bet! Or close! Certainly better than most of you "marshmallows"
> had!! And I only drank one six pack of Schafly's yummy beers, and
> shared two bottles of red wine with two new campsite neighbors new
> friends I met while camping, over the two or three days I was staying
> down there.
>
> Heaven man! We must be in heaven, man!! I spent the whole weekend
> meeting my friends who I was just meeting for the first time!
> Beautiful people, tree hugging dirt worshiping hippies just like me!
> Artists, dancers, musicians, fire acrobats, all sorts of GOOD people,
> having fun, playing music, creating art, talking, sharing ideas,
> having fun, eating food, just like a neo-mini Woodstock! We got
> ourselves back to the garden, and made it happen again!

I'm just glad that the Schwagstockers are the Hell out of Camp Zoe, with
their inadequate septic system that polluted the Current river, and their
shitty hippie music that was so loud that you could hear it all the way
down at Round Spring, and even up at Running River's campground. I was
talking to the owner of Running River on Saturday, and she told me that
the State is not allowing camping at the new Current River State Park, but
is going to have pretty extensive camping facilities at Camp Zoe.

http://www.thesalemnewsonline.com/ne...3d043182e.html

Hope they told the hippies not to drink the creek water. Plattin Creek is
full of lead and cadmium.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 6:36:24 AM UTC-5, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:35:47 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > It was GROOVY, man!!!
> >
> > https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=55BF40F7
> >
> > I danced my ass off Sat night to the music of The Schwag, a Grateful
> > Dead cover band who ROCKS!!! It was like one of the old Acid Tests,
> > I'll bet! Or close! Certainly better than most of you "marshmallows"
> > had!! And I only drank one six pack of Schafly's yummy beers, and
> > shared two bottles of red wine with two new campsite neighbors new
> > friends I met while camping, over the two or three days I was staying
> > down there.
> >
> > Heaven man! We must be in heaven, man!! I spent the whole weekend
> > meeting my friends who I was just meeting for the first time!
> > Beautiful people, tree hugging dirt worshiping hippies just like me!
> > Artists, dancers, musicians, fire acrobats, all sorts of GOOD people,
> > having fun, playing music, creating art, talking, sharing ideas,
> > having fun, eating food, just like a neo-mini Woodstock! We got
> > ourselves back to the garden, and made it happen again!
> >

> I'm just glad that the Schwagstockers are the Hell out of Camp Zoe, with
> their inadequate septic system that polluted the Current river, and their
> shitty hippie music that was so loud that you could hear it all the way
> down at Round Spring, and even up at Running River's campground. I was
> talking to the owner of Running River on Saturday, and she told me that
> the State is not allowing camping at the new Current River State Park, but
> is going to have pretty extensive camping facilities at Camp Zoe.
>
> http://www.thesalemnewsonline.com/ne...3d043182e.html
>

> Hope they told the hippies not to drink the creek water. Plattin Creek is
> full of lead and cadmium.
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> --Bryan

OMY, everyone is going to be there except ME !! It will be a lot of fun, I will be in England ( London ) this year but in the Fall. The last Festival type thing I attended was the Crater Festival in Hawaii, and that was long ago. Those sort of things have pretty much died out, and thats too bad. Glad you got to go and make new friends!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2015 07:36:20 -0700 (PDT), rosie >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 6:36:24 AM UTC-5, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>> On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:35:47 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>> > It was GROOVY, man!!!
>> >
>> > https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=55BF40F7
>> >
>> > I danced my ass off Sat night to the music of The Schwag, a Grateful
>> > Dead cover band who ROCKS!!! It was like one of the old Acid Tests,
>> > I'll bet! Or close! Certainly better than most of you "marshmallows"
>> > had!! And I only drank one six pack of Schafly's yummy beers, and
>> > shared two bottles of red wine with two new campsite neighbors new
>> > friends I met while camping, over the two or three days I was staying
>> > down there.
>> >
>> > Heaven man! We must be in heaven, man!! I spent the whole weekend
>> > meeting my friends who I was just meeting for the first time!
>> > Beautiful people, tree hugging dirt worshiping hippies just like me!
>> > Artists, dancers, musicians, fire acrobats, all sorts of GOOD people,
>> > having fun, playing music, creating art, talking, sharing ideas,
>> > having fun, eating food, just like a neo-mini Woodstock! We got
>> > ourselves back to the garden, and made it happen again!
>> >

>> I'm just glad that the Schwagstockers are the Hell out of Camp Zoe, with
>> their inadequate septic system that polluted the Current river, and their
>> shitty hippie music that was so loud that you could hear it all the way
>> down at Round Spring, and even up at Running River's campground. I was
>> talking to the owner of Running River on Saturday, and she told me that
>> the State is not allowing camping at the new Current River State Park, but
>> is going to have pretty extensive camping facilities at Camp Zoe.
>>
>> http://www.thesalemnewsonline.com/ne...3d043182e.html
>>

>> Hope they told the hippies not to drink the creek water. Plattin Creek is
>> full of lead and cadmium.
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> --Bryan

>OMY, everyone is going to be there except ME !! It will be a lot of fun, I will be in England ( London ) this year but in the Fall. The last Festival type thing I attended was the Crater Festival in Hawaii, and that was long ago. Those sort of things have pretty much died out, and thats too bad. Glad you got to go and make new friends!

Yeah Rosie, don't listen to probable Narcississtic Personality
Disorder suffering Bryan. He's the one that sprearheaded dragging HIS
electrically amplified guitar and a gas powered generator out in the
pretty serious and isolated place we used to go on Naked Hippie
Floats, so HE could exercise of Narcississtic Personality Disorder
with HIS latest incarnation of what I heard him resist righteourly and
speciously against a long time ago as the "Bryan Simmons Band." (He
called this incarnation "The Bonobos".)

Organizers of the Cosmic Reunion had a ton of portapotties at this
festival, Bryan. They are very smart and well resourced people! I hope
to meet them sometime soon. They just accepted my Facebook Friend
request this morning! And don't worry, Plattin Creek was so low we
could not find any places much higher than our ankles! Until it rained
like crazy Sunday afternoon.

PS: mean people like you are NOT welcome! If you ever show up to one,
I'm gonna out you!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2015 10:33:53 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>On Tue, 26 May 2015 07:36:20 -0700 (PDT), rosie >
>wrote:

>>> I'm just glad that the Schwagstockers are the Hell out of Camp Zoe, with
>>> their inadequate septic system that polluted the Current river, and their
>>> shitty hippie music that was so loud that you could hear it all the way
>>> down at Round Spring, and even up at Running River's campground. I was
>>> talking to the owner of Running River on Saturday, and she told me that
>>> the State is not allowing camping at the new Current River State Park, but
>>> is going to have pretty extensive camping facilities at Camp Zoe.
>>>
>>> http://www.thesalemnewsonline.com/ne...3d043182e.html
>>>

>>> Hope they told the hippies not to drink the creek water. Plattin Creek is
>>> full of lead and cadmium.

>>> --Bryan

>>OMY, everyone is going to be there except ME !! It will be a lot of fun, I will be in England ( London ) this year but in the Fall. The last Festival type thing I attended was the Crater Festival in Hawaii, and that was long ago. Those sort of things have pretty much died out, and thats too bad. Glad you got to go and make new friends!

>Yeah Rosie, don't listen to probable Narcississtic Personality
>Disorder suffering Bryan. He's the one that sprearheaded dragging HIS
>electrically amplified guitar and a gas powered generator out in the
>pretty serious and isolated place we used to go on Naked Hippie
>Floats, so HE could exercise of Narcississtic Personality Disorder
>with HIS latest incarnation of what I heard him resist righteourly and
>speciously against a long time ago as the "Bryan Simmons Band." (He
>called this incarnation "The Bonobos".)
>
>Organizers of the Cosmic Reunion had a ton of portapotties at this
>festival, Bryan. They are very smart and well resourced people! I hope
>to meet them sometime soon. They just accepted my Facebook Friend
>request this morning! And don't worry, Plattin Creek was so low we
>could not find any places much higher than our ankles! Until it rained
>like crazy Sunday afternoon.
>
>PS: mean people like you are NOT welcome! If you ever show up to one,
>I'm gonna out you!
>
>John Kuthe...

And the ****ing U.S. Federal Government effectively STOLE Jimmy's
land:

"Missouri State Parks bought Camp Zoe at auction in 2013 for $640,000
from the federal government, which seized the property from its former
owner Jimmy Tebeau after he pled guilty to having knowledge of but not
participating in drug dealing that was taking place on the premises
during the Schwagstock music festivals."

I'm happy to hear the Missouri State Government's gonna make it a
State Park though. Complete with ALL the Official Government
CORRUPTION and bullshit! I remember calling some official at some park
a long tiome ago trying to arrange reserved camping, maybe it was
Johnson Shutins, dunno. Man I was talking with on the phone said they
reserved camping by "the unit", and I asked what's a "unit". He said
he thought it meant "family unit" and I said I don't think we have any
intact "family units" coming, I just wanna reserve enough space for a
few tents, for friends and family. At one point I told him my father
and son were coming, and we told me "Well, if your father, you, and
your son could share a tent, we could call that a "unit". I was
flabbergasted! I told him we were gonna make our own tent
assignments, thank you very much! The GOVERNMENT is NOT gonna "social
engineer" my friends and family camping/float trip! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 4:36:24 AM UTC-10, rosie wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 6:36:24 AM UTC-5, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> > On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:35:47 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > > It was GROOVY, man!!!
> > >
> > > https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=55BF40F7
> > >
> > > I danced my ass off Sat night to the music of The Schwag, a Grateful
> > > Dead cover band who ROCKS!!! It was like one of the old Acid Tests,
> > > I'll bet! Or close! Certainly better than most of you "marshmallows"
> > > had!! And I only drank one six pack of Schafly's yummy beers, and
> > > shared two bottles of red wine with two new campsite neighbors new
> > > friends I met while camping, over the two or three days I was staying
> > > down there.
> > >
> > > Heaven man! We must be in heaven, man!! I spent the whole weekend
> > > meeting my friends who I was just meeting for the first time!
> > > Beautiful people, tree hugging dirt worshiping hippies just like me!
> > > Artists, dancers, musicians, fire acrobats, all sorts of GOOD people,
> > > having fun, playing music, creating art, talking, sharing ideas,
> > > having fun, eating food, just like a neo-mini Woodstock! We got
> > > ourselves back to the garden, and made it happen again!
> > >

> > I'm just glad that the Schwagstockers are the Hell out of Camp Zoe, with
> > their inadequate septic system that polluted the Current river, and their
> > shitty hippie music that was so loud that you could hear it all the way
> > down at Round Spring, and even up at Running River's campground. I was
> > talking to the owner of Running River on Saturday, and she told me that
> > the State is not allowing camping at the new Current River State Park, but
> > is going to have pretty extensive camping facilities at Camp Zoe.
> >
> > http://www.thesalemnewsonline.com/ne...3d043182e.html
> >

> > Hope they told the hippies not to drink the creek water. Plattin Creek is
> > full of lead and cadmium.
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...

> > --Bryan

> OMY, everyone is going to be there except ME !! It will be a lot of fun, I will be in England ( London ) this year but in the Fall. The last Festival type thing I attended was the Crater Festival in Hawaii, and that was long ago. Those sort of things have pretty much died out, and thats too bad. Glad you got to go and make new friends!

Hee hee, the Crater Festival - I went to that too. What would be more transplendid than having a rock festival in a dormant Diamond Head crater? Nothing, I'd say. The 70's was a heck of a time for the Hawaiian music scene. The whole thing just exploded. OTOH it was, as you say, a long time ago.

They had some goofy Japanese rock band that had a nutty call and response type deal going on that I can still hear in my head 40 years later. I think Carlos Santana was playing with Buddy Miles. Oddly enough, I don't recall seeing either of those guys.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 2:53:48 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 4:36:24 AM UTC-10, rosie wrote:

> > > I'm just glad that the Schwagstockers are the Hell out of Camp Zoe, with
> > > their inadequate septic system that polluted the Current river, and their
> > > shitty hippie music that was so loud that you could hear it all the way
> > > down at Round Spring, and even up at Running River's campground. I was
> > > talking to the owner of Running River on Saturday, and she told me that
> > > the State is not allowing camping at the new Current River State Park, but
> > > is going to have pretty extensive camping facilities at Camp Zoe.
> > >
> > > http://www.thesalemnewsonline.com/ne...3d043182e.html
> > >

> > > Hope they told the hippies not to drink the creek water. Plattin Creek is
> > > full of lead and cadmium.

> > > --Bryan

> > OMY, everyone is going to be there except ME !! It will be a lot of fun, I will be in England ( London ) this year but in the Fall. The last Festival type thing I attended was the Crater Festival in Hawaii, and that was long ago. Those sort of things have pretty much died out, and thats too bad. Glad you got to go and make new friends!

> Hee hee, the Crater Festival - I went to that too. What would be more transplendid than having a rock festival in a dormant Diamond Head crater? Nothing, I'd say. The 70's was a heck of a time for the Hawaiian music scene. The whole thing just exploded. OTOH it was, as you say, a long time ago.
>
> They had some goofy Japanese rock band that had a nutty call and response type deal going on that I can still hear in my head 40 years later. I think Carlos Santana was playing with Buddy Miles. Oddly enough, I don't recall seeing either of those guys.

I remember Carlos Santana, I remember what a fun time that was. All the big rock bands played in the Crater, but the years are a blur. Do they still have the Crater Festival? Wasn't it on New Years? I loved my time in Hawaii, and about once every day or so I tell my husband I want to move to Kauai !!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 10:31:44 AM UTC-10, rosie wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 2:53:48 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > > OMY, everyone is going to be there except ME !! It will be a lot of fun, I will be in England ( London ) this year but in the Fall. The last Festival type thing I attended was the Crater Festival in Hawaii, and that was long ago. Those sort of things have pretty much died out, and thats too bad. Glad you got to go and make new friends!

> > Hee hee, the Crater Festival - I went to that too. What would be more transplendid than having a rock festival in a dormant Diamond Head crater? Nothing, I'd say. The 70's was a heck of a time for the Hawaiian music scene.. The whole thing just exploded. OTOH it was, as you say, a long time ago.
> >
> > They had some goofy Japanese rock band that had a nutty call and response type deal going on that I can still hear in my head 40 years later. I think Carlos Santana was playing with Buddy Miles. Oddly enough, I don't recall seeing either of those guys.

> I remember Carlos Santana, I remember what a fun time that was. All the big rock bands played in the Crater, but the years are a blur. Do they still have the Crater Festival? Wasn't it on New Years? I loved my time in Hawaii, and about once every day or so I tell my husband I want to move to Kauai !!

They don't have festivals there any more. That would be a grand place for musical events but nobody's gotten permission from the US government to develop it. As it goes, old fuddie-duddies still complain about the noise from concerts at the Waikiki Shell - same as during the 70s. Having concerts in Diamond Head might be a good solution for music haters. Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 10:33:57 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> PS: mean people like you are NOT welcome! If you ever show up to one,
> I'm gonna out you!

I never had any desire to go to Zoe when it was filled with B.O. and
patchouli stinking hippies, with their hippie drivel music and fruitcakes
who can't handle their acid. Why would I want to go to one now?

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 11:02:58 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> And the ****ing U.S. Federal Government effectively STOLE Jimmy's
> land:

While I disagree with the drug forfeiture laws, is is because I both disagree
with the prohibition on all soft drugs (marijuana, mushrooms, peyote, and
unprocessed opium and coca leaf), and because I think that forfeiture should
be extended to serious environmental and worker safety crimes.

Jimmy was guilty of noise pollution, and because he allowed way, WAY too many
attendees at events, pollution of the Current River by the sizable number of
hippies who actually use soap. He got away with it because Shannon County
has the lowest per capita income in the State, and Camp Zoe brought a lot of
tax dollars into the County's coffers.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2015 16:42:35 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 11:02:58 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> And the ****ing U.S. Federal Government effectively STOLE Jimmy's
>> land:
>>

>While I disagree with the drug forfeiture laws, is is because I both disagree
>with the prohibition on all soft drugs (marijuana, mushrooms, peyote, and
>unprocessed opium and coca leaf), and because I think that forfeiture should
>be extended to serious environmental and worker safety crimes.
>
>Jimmy was guilty of noise pollution, and because he allowed way, WAY too many
>attendees at events, pollution of the Current River by the sizable number of
>hippies who actually use soap. He got away with it because Shannon County
>has the lowest per capita income in the State, and Camp Zoe brought a lot of
>tax dollars into the County's coffers.
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>--Bryan

Noise pollution? And what were YOU doing with your ****ing amplifiers
and geneneratiors running that Narcississic Personality Disorger
bullshit NOISE you called The Bonobos crap??!! Talk about a hypocrit!

Bryan, you are SO full of bombatic crap, you really NEED therapy! Get
some, and maybe someday, the only people that will tolerate you will
be more than an ever decreasing shrinking circle of blood family,
which is what you now most certainly have.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2015 16:18:56 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 10:33:57 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>>

>> PS: mean people like you are NOT welcome! If you ever show up to one,
>> I'm gonna out you!
>>

>I never had any desire to go to Zoe when it was filled with B.O. and
>patchouli stinking hippies, with their hippie drivel music and fruitcakes
>who can't handle their acid. Why would I want to go to one now?
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>--Bryan

Reaction formation,. Psych 101 simplistic defensive reaction. "I never
really wanted it anyway!", what a JOKE!

Get therapy! You need it.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 11:53:12 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2015 16:18:56 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 10:33:57 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> >>

> >> PS: mean people like you are NOT welcome! If you ever show up to one,
> >> I'm gonna out you!
> >>

> >I never had any desire to go to Zoe when it was filled with B.O. and
> >patchouli stinking hippies, with their hippie drivel music and fruitcakes
> >who can't handle their acid. Why would I want to go to one now?
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...

> >--Bryan

> Reaction formation,. Psych 101 simplistic defensive reaction. "I never
> really wanted it anyway!", what a JOKE!

Of course. I admit it, John. I have been a closeted Grateful Dead fan my
whole life. I long to go to a stinky hippie festival, but I'm afraid that
they wouldn't accept me, so I just listen to Phish, and dream of what it
must be like to be around folks who are so loving and accepting that they're
even kind to cockroaches like you.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 May 2015 03:54:09 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 11:53:12 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 May 2015 16:18:56 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
>> > wrote:

>> >I never had any desire to go to Zoe when it was filled with B.O. and
>> >patchouli stinking hippies, with their hippie drivel music and fruitcakes
>> >who can't handle their acid. Why would I want to go to one now?

>> >--Bryan

>> Reaction formation,. Psych 101 simplistic defensive reaction. "I never
>> really wanted it anyway!", what a JOKE!
>>

>Of course. I admit it, John. I have been a closeted Grateful Dead fan my
>whole life. I long to go to a stinky hippie festival, but I'm afraid that
>they wouldn't accept me, so I just listen to Phish, and dream of what it
>must be like to be around folks who are so loving and accepting that they're
>even kind to cockroaches like you.
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>--Bryan

I dunno, Bryan, yeah you probably wouldn't have fit in with me and
three of my new friends I hadn't met yet, like these three Hula Hoop
goddesses I met at the Cosmic Reunion:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2dwi05e.jpg

They smelled REALLY nice!! Tasted even better!! YUM! :-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2015 14:35:42 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>It was GROOVY, man!!!
>
>https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30&oe=55BF40F7
>
>I danced my ass off Sat night to the music of The Schwag, a Grateful
>Dead cover band who ROCKS!!! It was like one of the old Acid Tests,
>I'll bet! Or close! Certainly better than most of you "marshmallows"
>had!! And I only drank one six pack of Schafly's yummy beers, and
>shared two bottles of red wine with two new campsite neighbors new
>friends I met while camping, over the two or three days I was staying
>down there.
>
>Heaven man! We must be in heaven, man!! I spent the whole weekend
>meeting my friends who I was just meeting for the first time!
>Beautiful people, tree hugging dirt worshiping hippies just like me!
>Artists, dancers, musicians, fire acrobats, all sorts of GOOD people,
>having fun, playing music, creating art, talking, sharing ideas,
>having fun, eating food, just like a neo-mini Woodstock! We got
>ourselves back to the garden, and made it happen again!
>
>John Kuthe...

And here's Sheena hosting a recap of the 2015 Cosmic Reunion event!!

Took me right back to the event! Very groovy and right on, man!! (My
best HippieSpeak!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq4rPymW5xE

John Kuthe...