General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-04-2015, 11:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,007
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On 4/26/2015 4:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/26/2015 4:00 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:19:02 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/25/2015 11:33 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:29:45 -0700, sf wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 16:53:50 -0800, Mark Thorson
wrote:

The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

They come, they go. Chipotle is the new kid on the block.

Chipotle doesn't sell gas,

The commonality is franchise food service, Shu Mai.


Such a pity he needs so many things explained in such minute detail.

I'd need it explained to me. Chipotle is a kind of pepper, not a
restaurant. At least not around here.



Sigh...

http://chipotle.com/home

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipotle_Mexican_Grill

No wonder you had problems with setting up a filter....

Franchise restaurants don't last long in this area. The exception would
be McDonald's and Burger King for "fast food". Oh, and I think there's
a Kentucky Fried Chicken.



Do tell, so why does Yelp have 4 pages of listings for fast food
franchise joints in your town then?

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_loc=...c&cflt=hotdogs


You can forget about finding a Red Lobster,
Olive Garden, etc. in Beaufort. They all went out of business.


But not the Olive Garden in Bluffton, eh?


1. Olive Garden Italian Restaurant
3.5 star rating 12 reviews
$$ Italian
1266 Fording Island Road
Bluffton, SC 29910
Phone number (843) 706-3808

None of the restaurants around here have a gas station and motel on the
premises. Howard Johnson's was for people on the highways who needed a
place to eat and spend the night. I vaguely remember seeing one, maybe
even staying at one, when I was about five years old. That would have
been when we were living in New Jersey.

Jill


Viva Stuckeys!

www.stuckeys.com/find-a-stuckeys

  #32 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-04-2015, 11:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:09:13 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 3:58 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:19:42 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/25/2015 11:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:31:23 -0700, sf wrote:

Maybe it would still be around if they didn't start calling themselves
"Hojo".

boggle

It's "HoJo's", BTW - you obtrusive and ignorant bitch.

-sw

Get that spite out chipmunk cheeks, you useless sack of electrolytes.


He's having a melt down. He's going to throw himself on the floor and
start pummeling it with his fat fists next, but he won't take his
shoes off because his toes will hurt if he does.

So why don't you just killfile W.Loman rather than reply to him and his
incarnations? It's such obvious trolling. Obvious to most people, anyway.

Not sure who you're talking to, but since it's in reply to me - why
don't you, since you're the one who has the problem?

--

sf
  #33 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-04-2015, 11:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,007
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On 4/26/2015 4:30 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:09:13 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 3:58 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:19:42 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/25/2015 11:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:31:23 -0700, sf wrote:

Maybe it would still be around if they didn't start calling themselves
"Hojo".

boggle

It's "HoJo's", BTW - you obtrusive and ignorant bitch.

-sw

Get that spite out chipmunk cheeks, you useless sack of electrolytes.

He's having a melt down. He's going to throw himself on the floor and
start pummeling it with his fat fists next, but he won't take his
shoes off because his toes will hurt if he does.

So why don't you just killfile W.Loman rather than reply to him and his
incarnations? It's such obvious trolling. Obvious to most people, anyway.

Not sure who you're talking to, but since it's in reply to me - why
don't you, since you're the one who has the problem?

I posted a link from Mozilla on how she could set a filter.

Since she is obviously still reading and still being bothered by me she
could just click on it and take some free advice!

Sheesh.
  #34 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-04-2015, 11:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:15:16 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 4:00 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:19:02 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/25/2015 11:33 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:29:45 -0700, sf wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 16:53:50 -0800, Mark Thorson
wrote:

The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

They come, they go. Chipotle is the new kid on the block.

Chipotle doesn't sell gas,

The commonality is franchise food service, Shu Mai.


Such a pity he needs so many things explained in such minute detail.

I'd need it explained to me. Chipotle is a kind of pepper, not a
restaurant. At least not around here.


Chipotle is an up and coming restaurant chain with 1700 locations in
the USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.

--

sf
  #35 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 12:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,750
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On 4/26/2015 6:30 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:09:13 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 3:58 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:19:42 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/25/2015 11:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:31:23 -0700, sf wrote:

Maybe it would still be around if they didn't start calling themselves
"Hojo".

boggle

It's "HoJo's", BTW - you obtrusive and ignorant bitch.

-sw

Get that spite out chipmunk cheeks, you useless sack of electrolytes.

He's having a melt down. He's going to throw himself on the floor and
start pummeling it with his fat fists next, but he won't take his
shoes off because his toes will hurt if he does.

So why don't you just killfile W.Loman rather than reply to him and his
incarnations? It's such obvious trolling. Obvious to most people, anyway.

Not sure who you're talking to, but since it's in reply to me - why
don't you, since you're the one who has the problem?

I already have. Your replies to him and the other trolls are the only
reason I see this half trimmed half quoted broken thread bullshit.

Jill


  #36 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 01:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,750
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On 4/26/2015 6:41 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:15:16 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 4:00 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:19:02 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/25/2015 11:33 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:29:45 -0700, sf wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 16:53:50 -0800, Mark Thorson
wrote:

The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

They come, they go. Chipotle is the new kid on the block.

Chipotle doesn't sell gas,

The commonality is franchise food service, Shu Mai.

Such a pity he needs so many things explained in such minute detail.

I'd need it explained to me. Chipotle is a kind of pepper, not a
restaurant. At least not around here.


Chipotle is an up and coming restaurant chain with 1700 locations in
the USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.

Yeah, well. There might be one in Savannah. Sorry, I'm not driving to
Georgia to eat at a chain restaurant.

Jill
  #37 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 03:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 19:56:09 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 6:30 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:09:13 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 3:58 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:19:42 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/25/2015 11:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:31:23 -0700, sf wrote:

Maybe it would still be around if they didn't start calling themselves
"Hojo".

boggle

It's "HoJo's", BTW - you obtrusive and ignorant bitch.

-sw

Get that spite out chipmunk cheeks, you useless sack of electrolytes.

He's having a melt down. He's going to throw himself on the floor and
start pummeling it with his fat fists next, but he won't take his
shoes off because his toes will hurt if he does.

So why don't you just killfile W.Loman rather than reply to him and his
incarnations? It's such obvious trolling. Obvious to most people, anyway.

Not sure who you're talking to, but since it's in reply to me - why
don't you, since you're the one who has the problem?

I already have. Your replies to him and the other trolls are the only
reason I see this half trimmed half quoted broken thread bullshit.


You don't think I'm talking to someone in your kill file when I seem
to be replying to myself? Ignore the subthread.


--

sf
  #38 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 03:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 20:43:12 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 6:41 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:15:16 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 4:00 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:19:02 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/25/2015 11:33 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:29:45 -0700, sf wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 16:53:50 -0800, Mark Thorson
wrote:

The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

They come, they go. Chipotle is the new kid on the block.

Chipotle doesn't sell gas,

The commonality is franchise food service, Shu Mai.

Such a pity he needs so many things explained in such minute detail.

I'd need it explained to me. Chipotle is a kind of pepper, not a
restaurant. At least not around here.


Chipotle is an up and coming restaurant chain with 1700 locations in
the USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.

Yeah, well. There might be one in Savannah. Sorry, I'm not driving to
Georgia to eat at a chain restaurant.


There are no Cracker Barrels out here, but I'm not acting dumb about
it either.

--

sf
  #39 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 05:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,007
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On 4/26/2015 5:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/26/2015 6:30 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:09:13 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 3:58 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:19:42 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/25/2015 11:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:31:23 -0700, sf wrote:

Maybe it would still be around if they didn't start calling
themselves
"Hojo".

boggle

It's "HoJo's", BTW - you obtrusive and ignorant bitch.

-sw

Get that spite out chipmunk cheeks, you useless sack of
electrolytes.

He's having a melt down. He's going to throw himself on the floor and
start pummeling it with his fat fists next, but he won't take his
shoes off because his toes will hurt if he does.

So why don't you just killfile W.Loman rather than reply to him and his
incarnations? It's such obvious trolling. Obvious to most people,
anyway.

Not sure who you're talking to, but since it's in reply to me - why
don't you, since you're the one who has the problem?

I already have. Your replies to him and the other trolls are the only
reason I see this half trimmed half quoted broken thread bullshit.

Jill



Still unwilling to take the jump and set up a filter, as I instructed you?

Hypocrite.
  #40 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 05:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,007
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On 4/26/2015 6:43 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/26/2015 6:41 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:15:16 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/26/2015 4:00 PM, sf wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:19:02 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/25/2015 11:33 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:29:45 -0700, sf wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 16:53:50 -0800, Mark Thorson
wrote:

The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

They come, they go. Chipotle is the new kid on the block.

Chipotle doesn't sell gas,

The commonality is franchise food service, Shu Mai.

Such a pity he needs so many things explained in such minute detail.

I'd need it explained to me. Chipotle is a kind of pepper, not a
restaurant. At least not around here.


Chipotle is an up and coming restaurant chain with 1700 locations in
the USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.

Yeah, well. There might be one in Savannah. Sorry, I'm not driving to
Georgia to eat at a chain restaurant.

Jill



You should, really.

It'll give you one more thing to complain about.



  #41 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 05:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 38
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 9:31:56 AM UTC-7, W. Lohman wrote:



Still unwilling to take the jump and set up a filter, as I instructed you?

Hypocrite.


"Instructed"? You're hilarious and pathetic.
























  #42 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 05:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,007
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On 4/26/2015 7:08 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
I'd hardly call a chain of 1,700 restaurants "up and coming".



No one cares, little dumpling.
  #43 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 05:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:45:11 -0700 (PDT), "....."
wrote:

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 9:31:56 AM UTC-7, W. Lohman wrote:



Still unwilling to take the jump and set up a filter, as I instructed you?

Hypocrite.


"Instructed"? You're hilarious and pathetic.


What's hilarious and pathetic is a troll that doesn't even know how to
set up a troll name.


--

sf
  #44 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 05:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:47:09 -0600, "W. Lohman" wrote:

On 4/26/2015 7:08 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
I'd hardly call a chain of 1,700 restaurants "up and coming".



No one cares, little dumpling.


He's just embarrassed he knew nothing about it even though there are
at least 15 Chipotle locations in and around Austin alone.

--

sf
  #45 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-04-2015, 06:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 38
Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 9:56:57 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:45:11 -0700 (PDT), "....."
wrote:

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 9:31:56 AM UTC-7, W. Lohman wrote:



Still unwilling to take the jump and set up a filter, as I instructed you?

Hypocrite.


"Instructed"? You're hilarious and pathetic.


What's hilarious and pathetic is a troll that doesn't even know how to
set up a troll name.


--

sf


The fact that you don't know me doesn't make me a troll, genius. It's touching that you jump to the defense of your troll boyfriend though.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Merrill Howard Kalin: How to Make Salmonella Salad Jabbering Judas General Cooking 1 26-01-2007 03:43 PM
Howard Lyman, ex rancher exposes the truth Beach Runner Vegan 5 28-07-2005 02:42 PM
GAN EDEN closes Craig Winchell Wine 9 08-03-2005 03:32 AM
KO- Howard Johnson's Boston Brown Bread ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 19-10-2004 05:22 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017