Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ikea

We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a ride so
I shall go.

I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
will still go and look.

Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it online
but I am not paying for it so...

I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen carts
that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The one
cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one and
the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would immediately
slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!

I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
>to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>desire to go on my part.

Oh, that's perfectly understandable. Once I took a dislike to dim
sims... you can imagine the problems *that* caused when I had to go to
Chinatown.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 1:40:12 AM UTC-5, Je�us wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> >We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
> >to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
> >desire to go on my part.

> Oh, that's perfectly understandable. Once I took a dislike to dim
> sims... you can imagine the problems *that* caused when I had to go to
> Chinatown.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Best reply I've seen to that hypochondriac in a loooooong time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
> to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
> desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a ride so
> I shall go.
>
> I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
> will still go and look.
>
> Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
> have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
> what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it online
> but I am not paying for it so...
>
> I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
> no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen carts
> that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The one
> cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one and
> the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would immediately
> slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
> actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
> house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>
> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
> perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
> mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
> junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

this is some really fine work, Jules

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to
>>want
>>to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>>desire to go on my part.

> Oh, that's perfectly understandable. Once I took a dislike to dim
> sims... you can imagine the problems *that* caused when I had to go to
> Chinatown.

Uh... I have no clue what you mean by that. I have always wanted to try
the meatballs as I have heard that they are really good. But do to the
ingredients in said meatballs, I can not eat them now. That would have been
the only reason for me to go there. I can get much of what I might possibly
want from them online.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 1:00:05 AM UTC-7, tert in seattle wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
> > We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
> > to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
> > desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a ride so
> > I shall go.
> >
> > I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
> > will still go and look.
> >
> > Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
> > have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
> > what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it online
> > but I am not paying for it so...
> >
> > I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
> > no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen carts
> > that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The one
> > cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one and
> > the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would immediately
> > slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
> > actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
> > house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
> >
> > I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
> > perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
> > mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
> > junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

> this is some really fine work, Jules

I am chagrined to admit that I agree with Julie here. So
much of what IKEA sells is crap that I have pretty much given up going
there. I do have a winerack that has held up over the years, and a couple
of dog dishes.

The worst thing I saw at IKEA was a colander with a razor-like edge.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
>to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a ride so
>I shall go.
>
>I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
>will still go and look.
>
>Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
>have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
>what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it online
>but I am not paying for it so...
>
>I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
>no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen carts
>that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The one
>cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one and
>the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would immediately
>slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
>actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
>house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>
>I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
>perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
>mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
>junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

Swedish MalWart! :-)

Hopefully not as Evil!!

It's Swedish, I have hope!! :-)

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe > wrote in
:

>>I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen
>>department but perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in
>>the way of foods?

Marzipan and chocolate.

--

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice,
you have chosen the side of the oppressor " --
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2015 12:28 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to
> want to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no
> real desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get
> a ride so I shall go.
>
> I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but
> I will still go and look.
>
> Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
> have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
> what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it
> online but I am not paying for it so...
>
> I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway
> so no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen
> carts that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell.
> The one cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the
> second one and the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It
> would immediately slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is
> doing the same. I actually cringed when I saw them being used in a
> kid's toy room on some house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>
> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department
> but perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I
> am mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of
> as junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

Try and avoid the IKEA couples argument syndrome.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3034573/...-relationships

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...re-eva-wiseman

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-04-24 10:42 AM, Michel Boucher wrote:
> John Kuthe > wrote in
> :
>
>>> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen
>>> department but perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in
>>> the way of foods?

> Marzipan and chocolate.

I would not plan on doing my weekly grocery shopping there, but there is
a lot more than marzipan and and chocolate. They have very affordable
packages of smoked salmon, jars of pickled herring, frozen shrimp, flat
breadbreads, cookies and cakes, jams, and of course.... Swedish meatballs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2015 8:04 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
>> to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>> desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a ride so
>> I shall go.
>>
>> I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
>> will still go and look.
>>
>> Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
>> have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
>> what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it online
>> but I am not paying for it so...
>>
>> I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
>> no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen carts
>> that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The one
>> cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one and
>> the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would immediately
>> slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
>> actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
>> house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>>
>> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
>> perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
>> mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
>> junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

> Swedish MalWart! :-)
>
> Hopefully not as Evil!!
>
> It's Swedish, I have hope!! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Their cheap stuff is, I feel, even lower quality than Wal Mart's, fwiw.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2015 8:51 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-04-24 10:42 AM, Michel Boucher wrote:
>> John Kuthe > wrote in
>> :

>> Marzipan and chocolate.

> I would not plan on doing my weekly grocery shopping there, but there is
> a lot more than marzipan and and chocolate. They have very affordable
> packages of smoked salmon, jars of pickled herring, frozen shrimp, flat
> breadbreads, cookies and cakes, jams, and of course.... Swedish meatballs.

Don't forget the cloyingly sweet aroma of cinnamon buns from their
cafeteria.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:57:10 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:

>On 4/24/2015 8:04 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
>>> to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>>> desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a ride so
>>> I shall go.
>>>
>>> I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
>>> will still go and look.
>>>
>>> Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
>>> have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
>>> what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it online
>>> but I am not paying for it so...
>>>
>>> I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
>>> no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen carts
>>> that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The one
>>> cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one and
>>> the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would immediately
>>> slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
>>> actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
>>> house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>>>
>>> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
>>> perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
>>> mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
>>> junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

>> Swedish MalWart! :-)
>>
>> Hopefully not as Evil!!
>>
>> It's Swedish, I have hope!! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>Their cheap stuff is, I feel, even lower quality than Wal Mart's, fwiw.

Good thing I don't want that much!! :-)

I bought four $46+shipping American Made lawn chairs from:

http://www.lawnchairusa.com/Magnum_c_37.html

They are on their way!! I have one from this company and one very old
wearing out webbing lawn chair like this! These four I ordered were
way too expensive, but what the heck! At least I didn't send any money
to China or enrich the Walton Family fortune any further!! :-)

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2015 9:13 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:57:10 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:
>
>> On 4/24/2015 8:04 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Swedish MalWart! :-)
>>>
>>> Hopefully not as Evil!!
>>>
>>> It's Swedish, I have hope!! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> Their cheap stuff is, I feel, even lower quality than Wal Mart's, fwiw.

> Good thing I don't want that much!! :-)
>
> I bought four $46+shipping American Made lawn chairs from:
>
> http://www.lawnchairusa.com/Magnum_c_37.html
>
> They are on their way!! I have one from this company and one very old
> wearing out webbing lawn chair like this! These four I ordered were
> way too expensive, but what the heck! At least I didn't send any money
> to China or enrich the Walton Family fortune any further!! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Just like I grew up with - green and white. Nice.

Btw - the Walton's are big time philanthropists.

I have no beef with them, why do you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:30:20 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:

>On 4/24/2015 9:13 AM, John Kuthe wrote:

>>> Their cheap stuff is, I feel, even lower quality than Wal Mart's, fwiw.

>> Good thing I don't want that much!! :-)
>>
>> I bought four $46+shipping American Made lawn chairs from:
>>
>> http://www.lawnchairusa.com/Magnum_c_37.html
>>
>> They are on their way!! I have one from this company and one very old
>> wearing out webbing lawn chair like this! These four I ordered were
>> way too expensive, but what the heck! At least I didn't send any money
>> to China or enrich the Walton Family fortune any further!! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>Just like I grew up with - green and white. Nice.
>
>Btw - the Walton's are big time philanthropists.
>
>I have no beef with them, why do you?

They should be, they have most of OUR money!!

I bought four of four different colors. I like the rainbow!

I have two blue ones. I got a red, an orange, a green and ??

I thought the black one was pretty cool too, but figured it would not
hold up to the original black after a lot of sunlight.

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 1:00:05 AM UTC-7, tert in seattle wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>> > We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to
>> > want
>> > to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>> > desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a
>> > ride so
>> > I shall go.
>> >
>> > I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but
>> > will still go and look.
>> >
>> > Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what
>> > have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get
>> > what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it
>> > online
>> > but I am not paying for it so...
>> >
>> > I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway
>> > so
>> > no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen
>> > carts
>> > that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The
>> > one
>> > cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one
>> > and
>> > the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would
>> > immediately
>> > slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
>> > actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
>> > house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>> >
>> > I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department
>> > but
>> > perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
>> > mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of
>> > as
>> > junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

>> this is some really fine work, Jules

> I am chagrined to admit that I agree with Julie here. So
> much of what IKEA sells is crap that I have pretty much given up going
> there. I do have a winerack that has held up over the years, and a couple
> of dog dishes.
>
> The worst thing I saw at IKEA was a colander with a razor-like edge.

Eek! I will avoid that!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michel Boucher" > wrote in message
> John Kuthe > wrote in
> :
>
>>>I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen
>>>department but perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in
>>>the way of foods?

> Marzipan and chocolate.

Oh. Well I can get those things anywhere too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2015-04-24 10:42 AM, Michel Boucher wrote:
>> John Kuthe > wrote in
>> :

>> Marzipan and chocolate.

> I would not plan on doing my weekly grocery shopping there, but there is a
> lot more than marzipan and and chocolate. They have very affordable
> packages of smoked salmon, jars of pickled herring, frozen shrimp, flat
> breadbreads, cookies and cakes, jams, and of course.... Swedish meatballs.

Ah, well... I don't think I need any of that stuff but I will look.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"W. Lohman" > wrote in message
> On 4/24/2015 8:04 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to
>>> want
>>> to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>>> desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a
>>> ride so
>>> I shall go.
>>>
>>> I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but
>>> will still go and look.
>>>
>>> Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
>>> have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
>>> what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it
>>> online
>>> but I am not paying for it so...
>>>
>>> I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway
>>> so
>>> no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen
>>> carts
>>> that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The
>>> one
>>> cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one
>>> and
>>> the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would
>>> immediately
>>> slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
>>> actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
>>> house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>>>
>>> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department
>>> but
>>> perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
>>> mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
>>> junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

>> Swedish MalWart! :-)
>>
>> Hopefully not as Evil!!
>>
>> It's Swedish, I have hope!! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> Their cheap stuff is, I feel, even lower quality than Wal Mart's, fwiw.

Uh oh. That's what I was afraid of.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to
> want to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no
> real desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a
> ride so I shall go.
>
> I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
> will still go and look.
>
> Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
> have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
> what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it
> online but I am not paying for it so...
>
> I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
> no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen
> carts that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell.
> The one cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the
> second one and the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It
> would immediately slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is
> doing the same. I actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's
> toy room on some house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>
> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
> perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
> mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
> junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

This is perhaps your finest work yet. Imagine going to a furniture store to
buy a particle board desk covered in a plastic picture of wood and you want
us to believe you have concerns about shelf item foods.

This one deserves an award.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 1:10:24 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message

> >> I am chagrined to admit that I agree with Julie here. So
> >> much of what IKEA sells is crap that I have pretty much given up going
> >> there. I do have a winerack that has held up over the years, and a couple
> >> of dog dishes.
> >>
> >> The worst thing I saw at IKEA was a colander with a razor-like edge.
> >>

> > They certainly don't have as many higher quality products as they used
> > to,but there is still lots of great stuff. I ended getting a TV stand
> > there. I had searched high and low for something that would hold a large
> > TV, satellite receiver, stereo, VHS, DVD and CD player. Any cabinets I
> > found were way to big and way to expensive. I found a low on with a flat
> > top and four shelves in rows of two. It was perfect. I liked it so much I
> > went back for a second one for another room.
> >
> > I have a couple wine racks from there, cutting boards, glasses, a
> > colander that is not lethal, drawer organizers, CD shelves, book cases and
> > a office swivel chair for the computer desk.

> I will look at the chairs. I've not been finding quality ones that are not
> made of leather. My one cat destroys leather.

So destroy the cat...get a dog.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2015 9:45 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:30:20 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:

>>> Good thing I don't want that much!! :-)
>>>
>>> I bought four $46+shipping American Made lawn chairs from:
>>>
>>> http://www.lawnchairusa.com/Magnum_c_37.html
>>>
>>> They are on their way!! I have one from this company and one very old
>>> wearing out webbing lawn chair like this! These four I ordered were
>>> way too expensive, but what the heck! At least I didn't send any money
>>> to China or enrich the Walton Family fortune any further!! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> Just like I grew up with - green and white. Nice.
>>
>> Btw - the Walton's are big time philanthropists.
>>
>> I have no beef with them, why do you?

> They should be, they have most of OUR money!!

They don't have mine.

How'd they get yours?

> I bought four of four different colors. I like the rainbow!
>
> I have two blue ones. I got a red, an orange, a green and ??
>
> I thought the black one was pretty cool too, but figured it would not
> hold up to the original black after a lot of sunlight.
>
> John Kuthe...

Pity they don't offer the chaise loungers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2015 1:12 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "W. Lohman" > wrote in message
>> On 4/24/2015 8:04 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Swedish MalWart! :-)
>>>
>>> Hopefully not as Evil!!
>>>
>>> It's Swedish, I have hope!! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> Their cheap stuff is, I feel, even lower quality than Wal Mart's, fwiw.

> Uh oh. That's what I was afraid of.

Yeah, it's a mixed bag there.

Some stuff is really worth the rat-maze experience, but not a lot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 3:45:14 PM UTC-4, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> > We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to
> > want to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no
> > real desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a
> > ride so I shall go.
> >
> > I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
> > will still go and look.
> >
> > Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
> > have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
> > what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it
> > online but I am not paying for it so...
> >
> > I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
> > no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen
> > carts that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell.
> > The one cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the
> > second one and the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It
> > would immediately slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is
> > doing the same. I actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's
> > toy room on some house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
> >
> > I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
> > perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
> > mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
> > junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

> This is perhaps your finest work yet. Imagine going to a furniture store to
> buy a particle board desk covered in a plastic picture of wood and you want
> us to believe you have concerns about shelf item foods.
>
> This one deserves an award.
>

> ---

"Going to be going" deserves at least a literary award.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-04-24 7:04 PM, barbie gee wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Apr 2015, Julie Bove wrote:

>> Ah, well... I don't think I need any of that stuff but I will look.

> My fave there is a shrimp sandwich in the cafeteria. They have a lot of
> different things to eat...

Okay. Cue Julie for the reasons she can't eat those.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 00:03:10 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 1:40:12 AM UTC-5, Je�us wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
>> >to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>> >desire to go on my part.

>> Oh, that's perfectly understandable. Once I took a dislike to dim
>> sims... you can imagine the problems *that* caused when I had to go to
>> Chinatown.
>>

>BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Best reply I've seen to that hypochondriac in a loooooong time.

Well at least you got the joke

As for anyone /else/ thinking of posting a followup to this post, jam
it up your arse <G>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 00:57:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to
>>>want
>>>to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>>>desire to go on my part.

>> Oh, that's perfectly understandable. Once I took a dislike to dim
>> sims... you can imagine the problems *that* caused when I had to go to
>> Chinatown.

>Uh... I have no clue what you mean by that.

Well, I certainly wasnt thinking about *eating* at an Ikea. For me
they are primarily a furniture store... so it looks like they also
serve food now... even so, your comment was still - well - another
Julie Bove comment. Not sure why you would think you *have* to eat
their freakin' meatballs...
The last Ikea store I've seen was about 14 years ago.

I don't like their crap and I have owned a few pieces of Ikea
furniture in my day, which quailty wise was poor.

>I have always wanted to try
>the meatballs as I have heard that they are really good. But do to the
>ingredients in said meatballs, I can not eat them now. That would have been
>the only reason for me to go there. I can get much of what I might possibly
>want from them online.

Of course, another way to waste money.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 07:52:32 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>> We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
>> to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
>> desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a ride so
>> I shall go.
>>
>> I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
>> will still go and look.
>>
>> Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
>> have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
>> what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it online
>> but I am not paying for it so...
>>
>> I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
>> no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen carts
>> that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The one
>> cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one and
>> the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would immediately
>> slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
>> actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
>> house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>>
>> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
>> perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
>> mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
>> junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

>this is some really fine work, Jules

I reckon.

She doesn't know of anything she needs at Ikea...
And doesnt like anything that she's had that was Ikea...
But she's hell-bent on spending some money there anyway.

Didn't she say they were short of cash only a couple of weeks ago?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 4:56:54 PM UTC-7, Je�us wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 07:52:32 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
>
> >Julie Bove wrote:

> >> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
> >> perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
> >> mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
> >> junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

> >this is some really fine work, Jules

> I reckon.
>
> She doesn't know of anything she needs at Ikea...
> And doesnt like anything that she's had that was Ikea...
> But she's hell-bent on spending some money there anyway.

I did want to like IKEA. I had read their story in some dull but regular
magazine, like Readers' Digest. And I had seen them near LA,when we
had no time to waste on big box retail.

The stores are huge.
They have cheap eats to keep you from leaving.

I would rather just go to Crate and Barrel. I may not buy anything there,
either, but it won't have taken me two hours.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:54:48 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2015-04-24 4:08 AM, wrote:
>> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 1:00:05 AM UTC-7, tert in seattle wrote:
>>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> this is some really fine work, Jules

>> I am chagrined to admit that I agree with Julie here. So
>> much of what IKEA sells is crap that I have pretty much given up going
>> there. I do have a winerack that has held up over the years, and a couple
>> of dog dishes.
>>
>> The worst thing I saw at IKEA was a colander with a razor-like edge.
>>

>They certainly don't have as many higher quality products as they used
>to,but there is still lots of great stuff. I ended getting a TV stand
>there. I had searched high and low for something that would hold a large
>TV, satellite receiver, stereo, VHS, DVD and CD player. Any cabinets I
>found were way to big and way to expensive. I found a low on with a flat
>top and four shelves in rows of two. It was perfect. I liked it so much
>I went back for a second one for another room.
>
>I have a couple wine racks from there, cutting boards, glasses, a
>colander that is not lethal, drawer organizers, CD shelves, book cases
>and a office swivel chair for the computer desk.

I agree that there are many good buys at Ikea. We make a point of
visiting the Scarborough one every time we're in the city.

We've bought curtains, dining room chairs, occasional tables, and
bedroom furniture from them. I have no complaints about any of it.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-04-24 19:52, wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 00:57:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>
> Well, I certainly wasnt thinking about *eating* at an Ikea. For me
> they are primarily a furniture store... so it looks like they also
> serve food now... even so, your comment was still - well - another
> Julie Bove comment. Not sure why you would think you *have* to eat
> their freakin' meatballs...
> The last Ikea store I've seen was about 14 years ago.

I have eaten there a number of times. The closest one is about 50 miles
from home, but we have stopped there there for a quick meal on the way
home from vacation. It ain't gourmet, but it is cheap and very edible.

> I don't like their crap and I have owned a few pieces of Ikea
> furniture in my day, which quailty wise was poor.

I have bought some decent stuff there... but as for the food.... it is
cheap at regular prices. Their specials are even better.... fish and
chips for $4.99, 10 meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberry
sauce for $5.99, salmon and dill sauce for $5.99.. unlimited refills on
drinks.

They have decent selection on their menu, but it is unlikely that there
is enough that the Bovines could all find something they liked.

>> I have always wanted to try
>> the meatballs as I have heard that they are really good. But do to the
>> ingredients in said meatballs, I can not eat them now. That would have been
>> the only reason for me to go there. I can get much of what I might possibly
>> want from them online.

> Of course, another way to waste money.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 24/04/2015 5:27 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 3:45:14 PM UTC-4, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to
>>> want to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no
>>> real desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a
>>> ride so I shall go.
>>>
>>> I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
>>> will still go and look.
>>>
>>> Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
>>> have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
>>> what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it
>>> online but I am not paying for it so...
>>>
>>> I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
>>> no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen
>>> carts that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell.
>>> The one cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the
>>> second one and the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It
>>> would immediately slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is
>>> doing the same. I actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's
>>> toy room on some house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>>>
>>> I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
>>> perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
>>> mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
>>> junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

>> This is perhaps your finest work yet. Imagine going to a furniture store to
>> buy a particle board desk covered in a plastic picture of wood and you want
>> us to believe you have concerns about shelf item foods.
>>
>> This one deserves an award.
>>

>> ---

> "Going to be going" deserves at least a literary award.

I wish it we"Going, going, gone!"
Graham

--
"It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion
will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 3:45:14 PM UTC-4, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> > We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to
>> > want to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no
>> > real desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get
>> > ride so I shall go.
>> >
>> > I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but
>> > will still go and look.
>> >
>> > Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what
>> > have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get
>> > what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it
>> > online but I am not paying for it so...
>> >
>> > I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway
>> > so
>> > no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen
>> > carts that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell.
>> > The one cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the
>> > second one and the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It
>> > would immediately slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is
>> > doing the same. I actually cringed when I saw them being used in a
>> > kid's
>> > toy room on some house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!
>> >
>> > I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department
>> > but
>> > perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
>> > mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of
>> > as
>> > junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

>> This is perhaps your finest work yet. Imagine going to a furniture store
>> buy a particle board desk covered in a plastic picture of wood and you
>> want
>> us to believe you have concerns about shelf item foods.
>>
>> This one deserves an award.
>>

>> ---

> "Going to be going" deserves at least a literary award.

This is a newsgroup. The scum of he Internet hang out here.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2015 5:04 PM, barbie gee wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Apr 2015, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I would not plan on doing my weekly grocery shopping there, but there
>>> is a lot more than marzipan and and chocolate. They have very
>>> affordable packages of smoked salmon, jars of pickled herring,
>>> frozen shrimp, flat breadbreads, cookies and cakes, jams, and of
>>> course.... Swedish meatballs.

>> Ah, well... I don't think I need any of that stuff but I will look.

> My fave there is a shrimp sandwich in the cafeteria. They have a lot of
> different things to eat...
>
> <http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/food/>

Are they not doing the cinnamon rolls any more?

I swear each time I've been in smells like a Cinnabon shop.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 00:57:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Oh, that's perfectly understandable. Once I took a dislike to dim
>>> sims... you can imagine the problems *that* caused when I had to go to
>>> Chinatown.

>>Uh... I have no clue what you mean by that.

> Well, I certainly wasnt thinking about *eating* at an Ikea. For me
> they are primarily a furniture store... so it looks like they also
> serve food now... even so, your comment was still - well - another
> Julie Bove comment. Not sure why you would think you *have* to eat
> their freakin' meatballs...
> The last Ikea store I've seen was about 14 years ago.

I think they have always served food. The first that I heard of them was
about how very good the meatballs were. And that would be the only reason
why I would physically go there. That's if I could eat them. My husband
had them and some fish. It was all good and cheap! They do have a salad
bar and I did try that. It was good but typical salad bar stuff.

> I don't like their crap and I have owned a few pieces of Ikea
> furniture in my day, which quailty wise was poor.
>
>>I have always wanted to try
>>the meatballs as I have heard that they are really good. But do to the
>>ingredients in said meatballs, I can not eat them now. That would have
>>been
>>the only reason for me to go there. I can get much of what I might
>>possibly
>>want from them online.

> Of course, another way to waste money.

Why would you say that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2015-04-24 19:52, wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 00:57:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>>
>> Well, I certainly wasnt thinking about *eating* at an Ikea. For me
>> they are primarily a furniture store... so it looks like they also
>> serve food now... even so, your comment was still - well - another
>> Julie Bove comment. Not sure why you would think you *have* to eat
>> their freakin' meatballs...
>> The last Ikea store I've seen was about 14 years ago.

> I have eaten there a number of times. The closest one is about 50 miles
> from home, but we have stopped there there for a quick meal on the way
> home from vacation. It ain't gourmet, but it is cheap and very edible.
>>
>> I don't like their crap and I have owned a few pieces of Ikea
>> furniture in my day, which quailty wise was poor.

> I have bought some decent stuff there... but as for the food.... it is
> cheap at regular prices. Their specials are even better.... fish and chips
> for $4.99, 10 meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberry sauce for
> $5.99, salmon and dill sauce for $5.99.. unlimited refills on drinks.

Very cheap. And at least at the one here, if you purchase $100 or more on
furniture over the weekend, you eat for free. The desk was only $80 and we
didn't buy any more furniture. And I didn't get the family card until after
we ate or we could have had free coffee and tea!

> They have decent selection on their menu, but it is unlikely that there
> is enough that the Bovines could all find something they liked.

Untrue. But Angela wasn't hungry so only had a drink. I didn't think they
would have anything for me but they did!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 1:10:24 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

>> > They certainly don't have as many higher quality products as they used
>> > to,but there is still lots of great stuff. I ended getting a TV stand
>> > there. I had searched high and low for something that would hold a
>> > large
>> > TV, satellite receiver, stereo, VHS, DVD and CD player. Any cabinets I
>> > found were way to big and way to expensive. I found a low on with a
>> > flat
>> > top and four shelves in rows of two. It was perfect. I liked it so
>> > much I
>> > went back for a second one for another room.
>> >
>> > I have a couple wine racks from there, cutting boards, glasses, a
>> > colander that is not lethal, drawer organizers, CD shelves, book cases
>> > and
>> > a office swivel chair for the computer desk.

>> I will look at the chairs. I've not been finding quality ones that are
>> not
>> made of leather. My one cat destroys leather.

> So destroy the cat...get a dog.

Nope. I didn't care for any of the chairs. Some did look nice but were not
so nice to sit on.

Lunch at Ikea Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 8 29-11-2013 10:23 PM
Lunch at Ikea Janet General Cooking 1 26-11-2013 05:56 AM
Eating at IKEA koko General Cooking 39 19-05-2009 12:17 AM
IKEA rules Blair P. Houghton Tea 6 05-01-2006 12:51 AM
Ikea (was Snowed In) Sharon Chilson General Cooking 0 15-12-2005 09:39 PM