Old 24-04-2015, 07:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ikea

We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a ride so
I shall go.

I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
will still go and look.

Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it online
but I am not paying for it so...

I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen carts
that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The one
cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one and
the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would immediately
slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!

I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.

Old 24-04-2015, 07:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:28:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
desire to go on my part.

Oh, that's perfectly understandable. Once I took a dislike to dim
sims... you can imagine the problems *that* caused when I had to go to
Chinatown.
Old 24-04-2015, 08:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
desire to go on my part.

Oh, that's perfectly understandable. Once I took a dislike to dim
sims... you can imagine the problems *that* caused when I had to go to
Chinatown.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Best reply I've seen to that hypochondriac in a loooooong time.

Old 24-04-2015, 08:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
[...]

this is some really fine work, Jules

Old 24-04-2015, 08:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to
want
to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
desire to go on my part.

Oh, that's perfectly understandable. Once I took a dislike to dim
sims... you can imagine the problems *that* caused when I had to go to
Chinatown.

Uh... I have no clue what you mean by that. I have always wanted to try
the meatballs as I have heard that they are really good. But do to the
ingredients in said meatballs, I can not eat them now. That would have been
the only reason for me to go there. I can get much of what I might possibly
want from them online.

Old 24-04-2015, 09:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 1:00:05 AM UTC-7, tert in seattle wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:
[...]

I am chagrined to admit that I agree with Julie here. So
much of what IKEA sells is crap that I have pretty much given up going
there. I do have a winerack that has held up over the years, and a couple
of dog dishes.

The worst thing I saw at IKEA was a colander with a razor-like edge.
Old 24-04-2015, 03:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Swedish MalWart! :-)

Hopefully not as Evil!!

It's Swedish, I have hope!! :-)

John Kuthe...

---

Old 24-04-2015, 03:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote in
:

I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen
department but perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in
the way of foods?

Marzipan and chocolate.

--

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice,
you have chosen the side of the oppressor " --
Old 24-04-2015, 03:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2015 12:28 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
[...]

Try and avoid the IKEA couples argument syndrome.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3034573/...-relationships

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...re-eva-wiseman

Old 24-04-2015, 03:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-04-24 10:42 AM, Michel Boucher wrote:
John Kuthe wrote in
:

I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen
department but perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in
the way of foods?

Marzipan and chocolate.

I would not plan on doing my weekly grocery shopping there, but there is
a lot more than marzipan and and chocolate. They have very affordable
packages of smoked salmon, jars of pickled herring, frozen shrimp, flat
breadbreads, cookies and cakes, jams, and of course.... Swedish meatballs.
Old 24-04-2015, 03:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Their cheap stuff is, I feel, even lower quality than Wal Mart's, fwiw.

Old 24-04-2015, 04:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-04-24 10:42 AM, Michel Boucher wrote:
John Kuthe wrote in
:

I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen
department but perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in
the way of foods?

Marzipan and chocolate.

I would not plan on doing my weekly grocery shopping there, but there is
a lot more than marzipan and and chocolate. They have very affordable
packages of smoked salmon, jars of pickled herring, frozen shrimp, flat
breadbreads, cookies and cakes, jams, and of course.... Swedish meatballs.

Don't forget the cloyingly sweet aroma of cinnamon buns from their
cafeteria.
Old 24-04-2015, 04:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Good thing I don't want that much!! :-)

I bought four $46+shipping American Made lawn chairs from:

http://www.lawnchairusa.com/Magnum_c_37.html

They are on their way!! I have one from this company and one very old
wearing out webbing lawn chair like this! These four I ordered were
way too expensive, but what the heck! At least I didn't send any money
to China or enrich the Walton Family fortune any further!! :-)

John Kuthe...

---

Lunch at Ikea Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 8 29-11-2013 09:23 PM
Lunch at Ikea Janet General Cooking 1 26-11-2013 04:56 AM
Eating at IKEA koko General Cooking 39 19-05-2009 12:17 AM
IKEA rules Blair P. Houghton Tea 6 04-01-2006 11:51 PM
Ikea (was Snowed In) Sharon Chilson General Cooking 0 15-12-2005 08:39 PM