Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Kraft to nix fake colors in Mac & Cheese

Kraft to nix fake colors in Mac & Cheese
Bruce Horovitz, USA TODAY 1:21 p.m. EDT April 20, 2015

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, a squishy staple of kids nationwide, may at
least seem to glow a bit less beginning early next year.

Kraft Foods Group announced Monday that Original Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
sold in the United States will be made without artificial preservatives
or synthetic colors, starting in January 2016. Kraft says it will
replace synthetic colors €” including Yellow 5 and Yellow 6 €” with colors
derived from natural sources like paprika, annatto and turmeric.

The move comes at a time some of the biggest names in food have been
responding to consumer pressure to simplify ingredients on food labels
and on menus. Big names €” from Nestle to Hershey to Frito-Lay €” all have
announced steps to remove artificial dyes from products.

The move also follows intense pressure on Kraft from activists,
particularly a petition led by food blogger Vani Hari, who goes by the
name "Food Babe." Her petition, on Change.org, amassed more than 350,000
online signatures. Kraft also has been pressured by the consumer
advocacy group Center for Science in the Public Interest, which says
that certain dyes can trigger hyperactivity in some children.

But Kraft officials Monday insisted the move was unrelated to the more
recent pressure from activists. "We've met with families in their homes
and watched them prepare Kraft Mac & Cheese in their kitchens. They told
us they want to feel good about the foods they eat and serve their
families €” including everything from improved nutrition to simpler
ingredients," said Triona Schmelter, vice president of marketing for
meals, in a statement.

Kraft spokeswoman Lynne Galia said that Kraft has been working on the
changes for more than three years.

But Hari says that Kraft is clearly responding to pressure from the
petition. "The campaign represents millions of families who became aware
of the presence of the artificial food dyes in Kraft Mac & Cheese
through one of the largest food petitions in history," she said in an
email. "I know my delivery of those petition signatures and my meeting
at Kraft headquarters had a large impact on this decision. Kraft is in
denial of the power consumers have when they come together."

Michael Jacobson, executive director at the Center for Science, said
that Hari's petition deserves a huge amount of credit for pressuring
Kraft to change. "This sends a signal to American companies that food
dyes are from the 1950s and people want more natural foods," he said.
"In Europe, people are used to less florescent foods."

Besides pressuring Kraft, the Center for Science also has pressured the
Food & Drug Administration to ban many food dyes, due to the negative
affects on children, Jacobson said.

Hari said she hopes that Kraft continues to remove artificial food dyes
from its entire products line, including from all Jell-O and Kool-Aid.

Meanwhile, Kraft insists its Mac & Cheese sold in the U.S. will look and
taste the same.

"Our loyal fans told us they don't want their Kraft Mac & Cheese to look
or taste different," said Galia. "We've worked hard so the new recipe
will have the same look and taste that people know and love from the
iconic blue box."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:04:42 -0400, Travis McGee >
wrote:

> Kraft spokeswoman Lynne Galia said that Kraft has been working on the
> changes for more than three years.

Maybe California is at the head of the trend because it's been at
least that long since I've seen garish colors on boxed mac & cheese.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2015 10:04 AM, Travis McGee wrote:
> [...]
> Kraft to change. "This sends a signal to American companies that food
> dyes are from the 1950s and people want more natural foods," he said.
> "In Europe, people are used to less florescent foods."
>
> Besides pressuring Kraft, the Center for Science also has pressured the
> Food & Drug Administration to ban many food dyes, due to the negative
> affects on children, Jacobson said.
>
> Hari said she hopes that Kraft continues to remove artificial food dyes
> from its entire products line, including from all Jell-O and Kool-Aid.
>
> Meanwhile, Kraft insists its Mac & Cheese sold in the U.S. will look and
> taste the same.
>
> "Our loyal fans told us they don't want their Kraft Mac & Cheese to look
> or taste different," said Galia. "We've worked hard so the new recipe
> will have the same look and taste that people know and love from the

Just another marketing scheme. I can't say if it'll sell more product
for Kraft but it'll be interesting. Old marketing is like fishing, this
one is more like tic-tac-toe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 3:38:44 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> [...]
> > "In Europe, people are used to less florescent foods."
> >
> > Besides pressuring Kraft, the Center for Science also has pressured the
> > Food & Drug Administration to ban many food dyes, due to the negative
> > affects on children, Jacobson said.
> >
> > Hari said she hopes that Kraft continues to remove artificial food dyes
> > from its entire products line, including from all Jell-O and Kool-Aid.
> >
> > Meanwhile, Kraft insists its Mac & Cheese sold in the U.S. will look and
> > taste the same.
> >
> > "Our loyal fans told us they don't want their Kraft Mac & Cheese to look
> > or taste different," said Galia. "We've worked hard so the new recipe
> > will have the same look and taste that people know and love from the
> > iconic blue box."

> Just another marketing scheme. I can't say if it'll sell more product
> for Kraft but it'll be interesting. Old marketing is like fishing, this

Paul Lynde to block.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> [...]
>Kraft to change. "This sends a signal to American companies that food
>dyes are from the 1950s and people want more natural foods," he said.
>"In Europe, people are used to less florescent foods."
>
>Besides pressuring Kraft, the Center for Science also has pressured the
>Food & Drug Administration to ban many food dyes, due to the negative
>affects on children, Jacobson said.
>
>Hari said she hopes that Kraft continues to remove artificial food dyes
>from its entire products line, including from all Jell-O and Kool-Aid.
>
>Meanwhile, Kraft insists its Mac & Cheese sold in the U.S. will look and
>taste the same.
>
>"Our loyal fans told us they don't want their Kraft Mac & Cheese to look
>or taste different," said Galia. "We've worked hard so the new recipe
>will have the same look and taste that people know and love from the

I just heard about that on the local news. Good!!

I still won't buy it, but good!

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2015 10:53 AM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> [...]
>>> "In Europe, people are used to less florescent foods."
>>>
>>> Besides pressuring Kraft, the Center for Science also has pressured the
>>> Food & Drug Administration to ban many food dyes, due to the negative
>>> affects on children, Jacobson said.
>>>
>>> Hari said she hopes that Kraft continues to remove artificial food dyes
>>> from its entire products line, including from all Jell-O and Kool-Aid.
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, Kraft insists its Mac & Cheese sold in the U.S. will look and
>>> taste the same.
>>>
>>> "Our loyal fans told us they don't want their Kraft Mac & Cheese to look
>>> or taste different," said Galia. "We've worked hard so the new recipe
>>> will have the same look and taste that people know and love from the
>>> iconic blue box."

>> Just another marketing scheme. I can't say if it'll sell more product
>> for Kraft but it'll be interesting. Old marketing is like fishing, this

America's favorite comedian! I love that guy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-04-20 4:21 PM, sf wrote:

>> Kraft spokeswoman Lynne Galia said that Kraft has been working on the
>> changes for more than three years.

> Maybe California is at the head of the trend because it's been at
> least that long since I've seen garish colors on boxed mac & cheese.

I have faint memories of having had a few boxes of that stuff around the
house when our son was very young. I like real macaroni and cheese. I
was never impressed with Crap Dinner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:51:29 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2015-04-20 4:21 PM, sf wrote:
>
> >> Kraft spokeswoman Lynne Galia said that Kraft has been working on the
> >> changes for more than three years.

> > Maybe California is at the head of the trend because it's been at
> > least that long since I've seen garish colors on boxed mac & cheese.

> I have faint memories of having had a few boxes of that stuff around the
> house when our son was very young. I like real macaroni and cheese. I
> was never impressed with Crap Dinner.

So what? You do it your way, I'll do it mine and you can keep the
Bryan impersonation to yourself. I don't have a pathological need to
show off disdain for the blue box the way the two of you do. In case
you're wondering, I can make a kick ass mac & cheese without resorting
to a recipe, but it's too much trouble for a snack. Real mac & cheese
takes a lot of time to put together, cook & clean up and I need to
plan ahead. When I have a craving for mac & cheese, the blue box
takes care of it for about a dollar in significantly less than 30
minutes.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 5:21:31 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:51:29 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> > > Maybe California is at the head of the trend because it's been at
> > > least that long since I've seen garish colors on boxed mac & cheese.

> > I have faint memories of having had a few boxes of that stuff around the
> > house when our son was very young. I like real macaroni and cheese. I
> > was never impressed with Crap Dinner.
> >

> So what? You do it your way, I'll do it mine and you can keep the
> Bryan impersonation to yourself.

I'm complimented that you call having minimal standards of decent cooking a
"Bryan impersonation."

> I don't have a pathological need to
> show off disdain for the blue box the way the two of you do. In case
> you're wondering, I can make a kick ass mac & cheese without resorting
> to a recipe, but it's too much trouble for a snack. Real mac & cheese
> takes a lot of time to put together, cook & clean up and I need to
> plan ahead.

You are retired, right? Like some other folks here, you would rather spend
time typing on a cooking NG than actually cooking.

> When I have a craving for mac & cheese, the blue box
> takes care of it for about a dollar in significantly less than 30
> minutes.

I can make good mac & cheese "in significantly less than 30 minutes."
Put salted water on to boil with a little oil added. When it boils,
stir in macaroni. While macaroni boils, make a sauce with cheese and
heavy cream. When macaroni is cooked, drain and stir into pot of cheese
sauce. It doesn't take any longer than using the blue box. I know. I
make both because my 13 YO kid likes the blue box. I guess you're in
second childhood.

> sf

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:39:28 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

> I can make good mac & cheese "in significantly less than 30 minutes."
> Put salted water on to boil with a little oil added. When it boils,
> stir in macaroni. While macaroni boils, make a sauce with cheese and
> heavy cream. When macaroni is cooked, drain and stir into pot of cheese
> sauce. It doesn't take any longer than using the blue box. I know.

NO, no a thousand times NO. I'd rather use the box than do it that
way.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
dsi1 > wrote:

> > "Our loyal fans told us they don't want their Kraft Mac & Cheese to look
> > or taste different," said Galia. "We've worked hard so the new recipe
> > will have the same look and taste that people know and love from the
> > iconic blue box."

> Just another marketing scheme. I can't say if it'll sell more product
> for Kraft but it'll be interesting. Old marketing is like fishing, this
> one is more like tic-tac-toe.

"and now we will have to raise the price because..."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2015 1:25 PM, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
> In article >,
> dsi1 > wrote:
>

>>> "Our loyal fans told us they don't want their Kraft Mac & Cheese to look
>>> or taste different," said Galia. "We've worked hard so the new recipe
>>> will have the same look and taste that people know and love from the
>>> iconic blue box."

>> Just another marketing scheme. I can't say if it'll sell more product
>> for Kraft but it'll be interesting. Old marketing is like fishing, this
>> one is more like tic-tac-toe.

> "and now we will have to raise the price because..."

Raising prices is like a company betting that consumers like the product
so much that they will not be deterred by any increase in price. A
product like Kraft Mac & Cheese seems like a safe bet. What are they
going to do - buy something else? I think not! :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
dsi1 > wrote:

> On 4/20/2015 1:25 PM, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

> >> Just another marketing scheme. I can't say if it'll sell more product
> >> for Kraft but it'll be interesting. Old marketing is like fishing, this
> >> one is more like tic-tac-toe.

> > "and now we will have to raise the price because..."
> >

> Raising prices is like a company betting that consumers like the product
> so much that they will not be deterred by any increase in price. A
> product like Kraft Mac & Cheese seems like a safe bet. What are they
> going to do - buy something else? I think not! :-)

to be fair, if the net loss of sales is made up in profit, that leaves
the production line to sell more off-brands/generics
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2015 2:15 PM, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
> In article >,
> dsi1 > wrote:
>
>> On 4/20/2015 1:25 PM, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

>>> "and now we will have to raise the price because..."
>>>

>> Raising prices is like a company betting that consumers like the product
>> so much that they will not be deterred by any increase in price. A
>> product like Kraft Mac & Cheese seems like a safe bet. What are they
>> going to do - buy something else? I think not! :-)

> to be fair, if the net loss of sales is made up in profit, that leaves
> the production line to sell more off-brands/generics

I think you're right about that one. I guess M&C is like the American
equivalent of cheap ramen. I myself can't make M&C - not white enough.
My homemade M&C would be just horrible - guess I better stick with Spam
musubi. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:21:27 -0700, sf wrote:

> So what? You do it your way, I'll do it mine and you can keep the
> Bryan impersonation to yourself. I don't have a pathological need to
> show off disdain for the blue box the way the two of you do.

You mean the same disdain you just showed for frozen pizzas?

"No. I don't buy frozen pizza, so they can do whatever they want and
I won't know a thing."

Yeah - you're so much classier than everyone else here.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 20:46:02 -0500, Meat Sweats
> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:21:27 -0700, sf wrote:
>
> > So what? You do it your way, I'll do it mine and you can keep the
> > Bryan impersonation to yourself. I don't have a pathological need to
> > show off disdain for the blue box the way the two of you do.

> You mean the same disdain you just showed for frozen pizzas?
>
> "No. I don't buy frozen pizza, so they can do whatever they want and
> I won't know a thing."
>
> Yeah - you're so much classier than everyone else here.

Did I call it crap and tell him that he is a terrible person? No. So
you're wrong again and yes, I'm classier than you.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bryan-TGWWW" > wrote in message

> Paul Lynde to block.

Now there's someone who's funny!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Kraft Foods Group announced Monday that Original Kraft Macaroni &
> Cheese sold in the United States will be made without artificial
> preservatives or synthetic colors, starting in January 2016. Kraft
> says it will replace synthetic colors €” including Yellow 5 and Yellow
> 6 €” with colors derived from natural sources like paprika, annatto and
> turmeric.

Because Annie's, the company that makes the extremely popular organic
boxed mac and cheese, has been bought by General Mills. Now that it's
joined the big league food producing companies, Kraft has to up their
ante by making their product appear to be more healthful, without
alienating its rabid fanbase.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I boil and drain the mac, put it in greased pieplate, put about 6 oz of shred sharp cheddar on top and stick it in a 400 degree oven until the cheese melts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 07:38:22 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
wrote:

> > Kraft Foods Group announced Monday that Original Kraft Macaroni &
> > Cheese sold in the United States will be made without artificial
> > preservatives or synthetic colors, starting in January 2016. Kraft
> > says it will replace synthetic colors — including Yellow 5 and Yellow
> > 6 — with colors derived from natural sources like paprika, annatto and
> > turmeric.
> >

> Because Annie's, the company that makes the extremely popular organic
> boxed mac and cheese, has been bought by General Mills. Now that it's
> joined the big league food producing companies, Kraft has to up their
> ante by making their product appear to be more healthful, without
> alienating its rabid fanbase.

Oh, no. You must spout the rfc party line. EVERY mac & cheese in a
box is bad, no exceptions.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 22:19:46 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 20:46:02 -0500, Meat Sweats
> > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:21:27 -0700, sf wrote:
>>
>>> So what? You do it your way, I'll do it mine and you can keep the
>>> Bryan impersonation to yourself. I don't have a pathological need to
>>> show off disdain for the blue box the way the two of you do.

>> You mean the same disdain you just showed for frozen pizzas?
>>
>> "No. I don't buy frozen pizza, so they can do whatever they want and
>> I won't know a thing."
>>
>> Yeah - you're so much classier than everyone else here.

> Did I call it crap and tell him that he is a terrible person?

And neither did Dave. All he said was, "I have faint memories of
having had a few boxes of that stuff around the house when our son was
very young. I like real macaroni and cheese. I was never impressed
with Crap Dinner."

So he called it crap. Nothing wrong with that, it's the truth and
he's entitled to that opinion since he admits to having eaten it.
You, OTOH...

> No. So you're wrong again and yes, I'm classier than you.

I think you've turned into a cynical old lady who never makes much
sense.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 12:57:34 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Bryan-TGWWW" > wrote in message
>

> > Paul Lynde to block.

> Now there's someone who's funny!

He has been dead for 33 years...time does fly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/21/2015 10:38 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 08:53:13 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 07:38:22 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Because Annie's, the company that makes the extremely popular organic
>>> boxed mac and cheese, has been bought by General Mills. Now that it's
>>> joined the big league food producing companies, Kraft has to up their
>>> ante by making their product appear to be more healthful, without
>>> alienating its rabid fanbase.
>>>

>> Oh, no. You must spout the rfc party line. EVERY mac & cheese in a
>> box is bad, no exceptions.

> Barbara apparently takes her blue box mac & cheese very seriously.
> Just like her French's mustard and her Barilla noodles.
>
> Any mac & cheese from a powder base is drastically inferior to real
> mac & cheese. I don't think anybody here can honestly argue otherwise
> other than Barbie.
>
> -sw

Why do you care?

Why do you have such enmity for her?

What kind of life do you have anyway?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2015 8:41 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:15:57 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:39:28 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I can make good mac & cheese "in significantly less than 30 minutes."
>>> Put salted water on to boil with a little oil added. When it boils,
>>> stir in macaroni. While macaroni boils, make a sauce with cheese and
>>> heavy cream. When macaroni is cooked, drain and stir into pot of cheese
>>> sauce. It doesn't take any longer than using the blue box. I know.

>> NO, no a thousand times NO. I'd rather use the box than do it that
>> way.

> And here we have the new "Temper Tantrum Barbie" doll.
>
> -sw

Why are you so obsessed with her?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:38:32 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2015-04-21 11:21 AM, JRStern wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 07:41:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>>
>>> I boil and drain the mac, put it in greased pieplate, put about 6 oz of shred sharp cheddar on top and stick it in a 400 degree oven until the cheese melts.

>> Try colby, it melts better, or mix them, most restaurant versions mix
>> several cheeses.

>If you are cooking it in a casserole melting better is not an issue. The
>problem is that colby is too mild tasting to be used as a flavour base
>for a macaroni. I prefer to used stronger tasting cheeses for it. A
>little garlic cooked into the roux gives it a nice boost.

Doesn't cheddar crust, burn and separate unless mixed with a dozen
industrial chemicals and turned into something like Velveeta?

I see various bagged, shredded blends in the market that I assume
address these issues. I might risk a good cheddar on a good burger if
I can make sure it is served promptly with the cheese not even fully
melted, but otherwise mostly avoid it in cooking, though I imagine it
can be carefully included in more complex recipes.

J.

>> Throw on some panko crumbs. Sprinkle with a little fresh parmesan or
>> similar more interesting cheese, for adult consumption. Even a few
>> scallions, parsely or other decorative greenery, though probably not
>> for kids.

> Bread crumbs with grated parmesan and melted butter is a good topping.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2015 3:36 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> But Hari says...

> She really does need to be shot. Or at least punched in the face a few
> thousand times.

You have such wonderful things to say about women in general, misogynist.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have thought about putting bacon bits under the cheese so they wouldn't dry out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 4:41:25 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> I boil and drain the mac, put it in greased pieplate, put about 6 oz of shred sharp cheddar on top and stick it in a 400 degree oven until the cheese melts.

I have never heard of M&C being made this way. It's certainly easy as pie. I've fried spaghetti and cheese in a pan. It's very good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2015 3:21 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:04:42 -0400, Travis McGee >
> wrote:
>
>> Kraft spokeswoman Lynne Galia said that Kraft has been working on the
>> changes for more than three years.

> Maybe California is at the head of the trend because it's been at
> least that long since I've seen garish colors on boxed mac & cheese.

We always had several boxes of Kraft Mac & Cheese when my son was
growing up. He loved the stuff with added tuna and peas. Still to this
day he'll ask for 'mac & cheese with tuna & peas' when he visits.

--
DreadfulBitch
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
>sf wrote:
>>Moe DeLoughan wrote:
>>
>>> Because Annie's, the company that makes the extremely popular organic
>>> boxed mac and cheese, has been bought by General Mills. Now that it's
>>> joined the big league food producing companies, Kraft has to up their
>>> ante by making their product appear to be more healthful, without
>>> alienating its rabid fanbase.
>>>

>> Oh, no. You must spout the rfc party line. EVERY mac & cheese in a
>> box is bad, no exceptions.

>Barbara apparently takes her blue box mac & cheese very seriously.
>Just like her French's mustard and her Barilla noodles.
>
>Any mac & cheese from a powder base is drastically inferior to real
>mac & cheese. I don't think anybody here can honestly argue otherwise
>other than Barbie.

The sanfran snob displays the Velveeta box to impress her guests.
Another sanfran mac n' cheese creation:
All you need is:

1 can of Spaghetti O’s
1 3/8" slice of Velveeta
dash of kosher salt
dash of pepper
To serve it up:

Cook the Spaghetti O’s in a medium pot until warm.
Break up the cheese into four pieces (so it melts easier) and add it
to the pot.
Stir in the cheese until melted and Spaghetti O’s are hot.

Now you’re ready to board the train back to Blissful Snob Childhood.
You can’t go wrong with a bowl of Spaghetti O’s with Velveeta melted
into it. Such a basic meal, but so good!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I used to like pimento velveeta but they quit making it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:34:55 -0500, Meat Sweats
> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 22:19:46 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 20:46:02 -0500, Meat Sweats
>> > wrote:

>>> You mean the same disdain you just showed for frozen pizzas?
>>>
>>> "No. I don't buy frozen pizza, so they can do whatever they want and
>>> I won't know a thing."
>>>
>>> Yeah - you're so much classier than everyone else here.

>> Did I call it crap and tell him that he is a terrible person?

>And neither did Dave. All he said was, "I have faint memories of
>having had a few boxes of that stuff around the house when our son was
>very young. I like real macaroni and cheese. I was never impressed
>with Crap Dinner."
>
>So he called it crap. Nothing wrong with that, it's the truth and
>he's entitled to that opinion since he admits to having eaten it.
>You, OTOH...
>
>> No. So you're wrong again and yes, I'm classier than you.

>I think you've turned into a cynical old lady who never makes [made] much
>sense.

sf also has a fat ass from eating the entire blue box every day. I
don't understand how anyone can eat Kraft mac n' cheese... a while
back when my grands were tots my daughter brought them for a visit.
Lunch time came and I said look in teh fridge and pantry and you
decide (not much I'm missing). She says she brought their lunch and
pulled out a blue box of Karft man n' cheese. She asked for a pot and
chose a 4 qt, I gave her a stick of butter and stood back. About a
half hour later she's dishing up some grotesque lurid lumpy orange
slop. The kits barely ate any, was a lot left over... I offered a
disposable plastic container so she could bring it home but no, she
said maybe I'd like it to eat later... yeah, right. I covered the pot
and put it in the fridge. Later after they left I decided to taste
it, ptuiii, I spit it in the sink. I scooped the rest onto the ground
at the edge of the woods, the next day it was still there untouched,
not even an ant wanted it... it sat there like a month until some good
rains washed it away. That was my first and last experience with
boxed mac n' cheese. I can honestly say I can make excellent mac n'
cheese from scratch that takes less time... I use my favorite cheese,
Jarlsberg.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mac and cheese will just be overloaded with turmeric...

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message

> Mac and cheese will just be overloaded with turmeric...
>
> N.

and will now be a health food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/21/2015 11:38 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

> Any mac & cheese from a powder base is drastically inferior to real
> mac & cheese. I don't think anybody here can honestly argue otherwise
> other than Barbie.

Does anyone limit themselves to just the powder base? The few times
I've used it, I always added lots of additional cheese and extra milk.
Frankly, what I care least about it is the macaroni. It seems to me
the macaroni they use must be a softer variety, probably to enable it
to cook faster. I like my pasta chewy/firm, and it's not really
possible to get the box stuff to that state.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:17:52 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:

> On 4/20/2015 8:41 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:15:57 -0700, sf wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:39:28 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW

> >> NO, no a thousand times NO. I'd rather use the box than do it that
> >> way.

> > And here we have the new "Temper Tantrum Barbie" doll.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Why are you so obsessed with her?

He and Sheldon are enamored with me.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:09:58 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:

> On 4/21/2015 10:38 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 08:53:13 -0700, sf wrote:

> >> Oh, no. You must spout the rfc party line. EVERY mac & cheese in a
> >> box is bad, no exceptions.

> > Barbara apparently takes her blue box mac & cheese very seriously.
> > Just like her French's mustard and her Barilla noodles.
> >
> > Any mac & cheese from a powder base is drastically inferior to real
> > mac & cheese. I don't think anybody here can honestly argue otherwise
> > other than Barbie.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Why do you care?
>
> Why do you have such enmity for her?

I won't give him the time of day unless he morphs, which tells you a
lot about his pathetic need for attention.

> What kind of life do you have anyway?

Other jail time and mandated community service at the food bank?

--

sf