Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mini stuffed peppers

I'll be making this for dinner. Was cleaning out the freezer and have some
cooked ground beef to use up. And Central Market has the mini peppers on
sale. The recipe is from Trisha Yearwood. I have not tried any of her
recipes before.

Basically it is cooked ground beef, cooked rice, cooked sweet onion, garlic,
salt and pepper, mixed and stuff into the peppers that have been cut
lengthwise. I have two bowls of frozen cooked rice that I bought when we
had the flu. They're PF Chang's so not the kind of rice I would normally
use for this but it's going in there as I need the freezer space.

The stuffed peppers go in a baking dish then are covered with Rotel
(tomatoes and chilies) then cooked at 400 degrees F, covered with foil for
20 min. She then tops hers with grated cheese. I will only do that for
those who eat cheese. Then uncovered for 5 min.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:58:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> I have two bowls of frozen cooked rice that I bought when we
> had the flu.

So, you're saying that you were so sick you couldn't make rice and no
one lifted a finger to help. What a bunch of ingrates.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 07:12:44 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:58:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>
>> I have two bowls of frozen cooked rice that I bought when we
>> had the flu.

>So, you're saying that you were so sick you couldn't make rice and no
>one lifted a finger to help. What a bunch of ingrates.

But able to go shopping for frozen rice. The trip alone took more
time than cooking plain rice.
I wouldn't spend the money on the mini peppers to make what is, after
all, the basic stuffed pepper recipe.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:58:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I have two bowls of frozen cooked rice that I bought when we
>> had the flu.

> So, you're saying that you were so sick you couldn't make rice and no
> one lifted a finger to help. What a bunch of ingrates.

No. I bought the rice for Angela who was sick before I was. I can't
remember the particulars now but I wasn't going to be home and I thought she
might want some rice. At that point, we didn't know it would be an ongoing
thing. I bought the rice for the freezer in case she thought she needed
some and I wasn't going to be here. Nobody ate it so... I am going to use
it up now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 07:12:44 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:58:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>>
>>> I have two bowls of frozen cooked rice that I bought when we
>>> had the flu.

>>So, you're saying that you were so sick you couldn't make rice and no
>>one lifted a finger to help. What a bunch of ingrates.

> But able to go shopping for frozen rice. The trip alone took more
> time than cooking plain rice.
> I wouldn't spend the money on the mini peppers to make what is, after
> all, the basic stuffed pepper recipe.
> Janet US

I wasn't sick when I bought the rice. I really can't remember the
particulars now. It was a very busy time for me and I was away from home a
lot. And I happen to like mini peppers. Plus they are on sale. And I
don't have a lot of meat. So I figured the mini would be the way to go.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 2:59:10 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> I'll be making this for dinner. Was cleaning out the freezer and have some
> cooked ground beef to use up. And Central Market has the mini peppers on
> sale. The recipe is from Trisha Yearwood. I have not tried any of her
> recipes before.
>
> Basically it is cooked ground beef, cooked rice, cooked sweet onion, garlic,
> salt and pepper, mixed and stuff into the peppers that have been cut
> lengthwise. I have two bowls of frozen cooked rice that I bought when we
> had the flu. They're PF Chang's so not the kind of rice I would normally
> use for this but it's going in there as I need the freezer space.
>
> The stuffed peppers go in a baking dish then are covered with Rotel
> (tomatoes and chilies) then cooked at 400 degrees F, covered with foil for
> 20 min. She then tops hers with grated cheese. I will only do that for
> those who eat cheese. Then uncovered for 5 min.

Sounds pretty much like the peppers I make, I do use a lot of cheese as we both love cheese. Enjoy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:34:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:58:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> I have two bowls of frozen cooked rice that I bought when we
> >> had the flu.

> > So, you're saying that you were so sick you couldn't make rice and no
> > one lifted a finger to help. What a bunch of ingrates.

> No. I bought the rice for Angela who was sick before I was. I can't
> remember the particulars now but I wasn't going to be home and I thought she
> might want some rice. At that point, we didn't know it would be an ongoing
> thing. I bought the rice for the freezer in case she thought she needed
> some and I wasn't going to be here. Nobody ate it so... I am going to use
> it up now.

I won't bother asking you why you bought precooked rice when you
weren't sick and you claim you know how to cook.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:34:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:58:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>> > So, you're saying that you were so sick you couldn't make rice and no
>> > one lifted a finger to help. What a bunch of ingrates.

>> No. I bought the rice for Angela who was sick before I was. I can't
>> remember the particulars now but I wasn't going to be home and I thought
>> she
>> might want some rice. At that point, we didn't know it would be an
>> ongoing
>> thing. I bought the rice for the freezer in case she thought she needed
>> some and I wasn't going to be here. Nobody ate it so... I am going to
>> use
>> it up now.

> I won't bother asking you why you bought precooked rice when you
> weren't sick and you claim you know how to cook.

As I said, I wasn't going to be home. I remember having to stop at a store
that I don't normally shop at. And I had a meeting or something to go to.
I bought just a few things for her to have some dinner, dropped them off and
left. I do know that we were running low on rice at home and that the store
I went do didn't sell the kind of rice that I normally buy, which is either
Texmati or Jazzmati. I have since bought some of that. I bought this over
a month ago so I can't really remember the particulars. I just remember it
being a very busy and hectic time for me and that I wasn't going to be home
at meal time for like 3 days in a row. I also think that the fridge was
fairly full of food at that point in time, but it wasn't anything she could
eat given her sickness.

I also remember going through rice like crazy when I was sick. I was living
off of chicken broth or chicken and rice soup. I ate a lot more rice than
she did. She got over the illness quickly. Apparently for those of us over
50 it takes over 3 weeks to feel well again. I still don't have my appetite
back.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:34:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >> No. I bought the rice for Angela who was sick before I was. I can't
> >> remember the particulars now but I wasn't going to be home and I thought
> >> she
> >> might want some rice. At that point, we didn't know it would be an
> >> ongoing
> >> thing. I bought the rice for the freezer in case she thought she needed
> >> some and I wasn't going to be here. Nobody ate it so... I am going to
> >> use
> >> it up now.

> > I won't bother asking you why you bought precooked rice when you
> > weren't sick and you claim you know how to cook.
> >

> As I said, I wasn't going to be home. I remember having to stop at a store
> that I don't normally shop at. And I had a meeting or something to go to.
> I bought just a few things for her to have some dinner, dropped them off and
> left. I do know that we were running low on rice at home and that the store
> I went do didn't sell the kind of rice that I normally buy, which is either
> Texmati or Jazzmati. I have since bought some of that. I bought this over
> a month ago so I can't really remember the particulars. I just remember it
> being a very busy and hectic time for me and that I wasn't going to be home
> at meal time for like 3 days in a row. I also think that the fridge was
> fairly full of food at that point in time, but it wasn't anything she could
> eat given her sickness.

maybe one day she will learn to shop for those inconvenient days when
she has to take care of herself

> I also remember going through rice like crazy when I was sick. I was living
> off of chicken broth or chicken and rice soup. I ate a lot more rice than
> she did. She got over the illness quickly. Apparently for those of us over
> 50 it takes over 3 weeks to feel well again. I still don't have my appetite
> back.

stuffed mini-peppers Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 4 27-05-2013 09:50 PM
Stuffed Peppers Taemon Vegan 0 03-11-2005 03:13 PM
Stuffed Peppers Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-03-2005 06:08 AM
Stuffed Peppers Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 24-08-2004 03:13 AM
Stuffed Peppers pat Recipes (moderated) 0 21-08-2004 02:14 AM