Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default corned beef

Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have potatoes,
so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for me when he was
out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes), which
make an excellent potato substitute.

Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby is the
breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because I don't
like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was terrific! I
wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning because I was
hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding underneath them, but it's
there.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:09:41 -0700, sf > wrote:

>Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
>boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have potatoes,
>so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for me when he was
>out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes), which
>make an excellent potato substitute.
>
>Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby is the
>breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because I don't
>like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was terrific! I
>wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning because I was
>hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding underneath them, but it's
>there.
>
>http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg

that's my kind of breakfast! I've never seen chokes for sale at my
supermarkets. Or are you growing your own?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:45:06 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:09:41 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
> >boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have potatoes,
> >so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for me when he was
> >out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes), which
> >make an excellent potato substitute.
> >
> >Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby is the
> >breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because I don't
> >like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was terrific! I
> >wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning because I was
> >hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding underneath them, but it's
> >there.
> >
> >http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg

> that's my kind of breakfast! I've never seen chokes for sale at my
> supermarkets. Or are you growing your own?

They do grow here, but I bought mine at Whole Foods. I don't grow
them myself because they're invasive if they aren't contained and I
have my hands full enough beating back the calla lily population.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 9:09:49 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
> boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have potatoes,
> so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for me when he was
> out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes), which
> make an excellent potato substitute.
>
> Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby is the
> breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because I don't
> like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was terrific! I
> wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning because I was
> hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding underneath them, but it's
> there.
>
> http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg
>
> --
>
> sf

Needs more pepper...I can still see the eggs. Ahahahahahahhaahaha
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:01:43 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:45:06 -0600, Janet B >
>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:09:41 -0700, sf > wrote:
>>
>> >Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
>> >boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have potatoes,
>> >so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for me when he was
>> >out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes), which
>> >make an excellent potato substitute.
>> >
>> >Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby is the
>> >breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because I don't
>> >like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was terrific! I
>> >wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning because I was
>> >hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding underneath them, but it's
>> >there.
>> >
>> >http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg

>> that's my kind of breakfast! I've never seen chokes for sale at my
>> supermarkets. Or are you growing your own?

>They do grow here, but I bought mine at Whole Foods. I don't grow
>them myself because they're invasive if they aren't contained and I
>have my hands full enough beating back the calla lily population.

Every time you mention your calla lily problem, it causes me to grind
my teeth. I just can't do them
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:09:55 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
wrote:

>On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 9:09:49 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
>> Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
>> boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have potatoes,
>> so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for me when he was
>> out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes), which
>> make an excellent potato substitute.
>>
>> Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby is the
>> breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because I don't
>> like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was terrific! I
>> wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning because I was
>> hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding underneath them, but it's
>> there.
>>
>> http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg
>>
>> --
>>
>> sf

>Needs more pepper...I can still see the eggs. Ahahahahahahhaahaha

Freshly ground, coarse pepper is a flavor special!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:22:09 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:01:43 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:45:06 -0600, Janet B >
> >wrote:

> >> that's my kind of breakfast! I've never seen chokes for sale at my
> >> supermarkets. Or are you growing your own?

> >They do grow here, but I bought mine at Whole Foods. I don't grow
> >them myself because they're invasive if they aren't contained and I
> >have my hands full enough beating back the calla lily population.

> Every time you mention your calla lily problem, it causes me to grind
> my teeth. I just can't do them

If it makes you feel any better, I can't do mint or basil... or
tomatoes for that matter, but chard loves it here.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:45:06 -0600, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:09:41 -0700, sf > wrote:
> >
> > > Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
> > > boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have
> > > potatoes, so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for
> > > me when he was out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem
> > > artichokes), which make an excellent potato substitute.
> > >
> > > Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby
> > > is the breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because
> > > I don't like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was
> > > terrific! I wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning
> > > because I was hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding
> > > underneath them, but it's there.
> > >
> > > http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg

> > that's my kind of breakfast! I've never seen chokes for sale at my
> > supermarkets. Or are you growing your own?

> They do grow here, but I bought mine at Whole Foods. I don't grow
> them myself because they're invasive if they aren't contained and I
> have my hands full enough beating back the calla lily population.

We grow them, but in an area bounded by sidewalk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 11:01:52 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:45:06 -0600, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:09:41 -0700, sf > wrote:
> >
> > >Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
> > >boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have potatoes,
> > >so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for me when he was
> > >out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes), which
> > >make an excellent potato substitute.

I don't really like them much, but I grow them and eat them for their
prebiotic effects.

> > >Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby is the
> > >breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because I don't
> > >like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was terrific! I
> > >wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning because I was
> > >hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding underneath them, but it's
> > >there.
> > >
> > >http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg

> > that's my kind of breakfast! I've never seen chokes for sale at my
> > supermarkets. Or are you growing your own?

> They do grow here, but I bought mine at Whole Foods. I don't grow
> them myself because they're invasive if they aren't contained and I
> have my hands full enough beating back the calla lily population.

The sunchokes are no match for my Deere.
p2.la-img.com/1265/29225/11285155_1_l.jpg

They mow down very easily.

> sf

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 10:41:16 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:22:09 -0600, Janet B >
>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:01:43 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> >They do grow here, but I bought mine at Whole Foods. I don't grow
>> >them myself because they're invasive if they aren't contained and I
>> >have my hands full enough beating back the calla lily population.

>> Every time you mention your calla lily problem, it causes me to grind
>> my teeth. I just can't do them

>If it makes you feel any better, I can't do mint or basil... or
>tomatoes for that matter, but chard loves it here.

Maybe Amazon Prime would 2-day ship back and forth for us. ?
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
> boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have potatoes,
> so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for me when he was
> out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes), which
> make an excellent potato substitute.
>
> Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby is the
> breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because I don't
> like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was terrific! I
> wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning because I was
> hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding underneath them, but it's
> there.
>
> http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg

I just see egg.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 13:42:53 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 10:41:16 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:22:09 -0600, Janet B >
> >wrote:

> >> Every time you mention your calla lily problem, it causes me to grind
> >> my teeth. I just can't do them

> >If it makes you feel any better, I can't do mint or basil... or
> >tomatoes for that matter, but chard loves it here.

> Maybe Amazon Prime would 2-day ship back and forth for us. ?
> Janet US

LOL!

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:54:16 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

> On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 11:01:52 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 09:45:06 -0600, Janet B >
> > wrote:
> >

> > > that's my kind of breakfast! I've never seen chokes for sale at my
> > > supermarkets. Or are you growing your own?

> > They do grow here, but I bought mine at Whole Foods. I don't grow
> > them myself because they're invasive if they aren't contained and I
> > have my hands full enough beating back the calla lily population.
> >

> The sunchokes are no match for my Deere.
> p2.la-img.com/1265/29225/11285155_1_l.jpg
>
> They mow down very easily.

We don't mow anymore. We re-landscaped the yard last year. The lawn
is a drought tolerant turf grass that doesn't get very long and leans
over, so it looks more like a meadow than a putting green.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:13:02 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
> > boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have potatoes,
> > so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for me when he was
> > out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes), which
> > make an excellent potato substitute.
> >
> > Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby is the
> > breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because I don't
> > like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was terrific! I
> > wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning because I was
> > hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding underneath them, but it's
> > there.
> >
> > http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg

> I just see egg.

Use a larger monitor.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 4:56:57 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:54:16 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> > wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 11:01:52 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:

> > > They do grow here, but I bought mine at Whole Foods. I don't grow
> > > them myself because they're invasive if they aren't contained and I
> > > have my hands full enough beating back the calla lily population.
> > >

> > The sunchokes are no match for my Deere.
> > p2.la-img.com/1265/29225/11285155_1_l.jpg
> >
> > They mow down very easily.
> > >

> We don't mow anymore. We re-landscaped the yard last year. The lawn
> is a drought tolerant turf grass that doesn't get very long and leans
> over, so it looks more like a meadow than a putting green.

Good for you. Everyone in Cali should try to conserve water. It's only
going to get worse.

> sf

--Bryan

Corned Beef Brooklyn1 General Cooking 39 14-03-2016 08:56 AM
Corned Beef Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 73 23-11-2013 08:45 PM
Corned beef again Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 1 13-03-2011 02:29 AM
Corned beef again Doug Freyburger Preserving 1 08-03-2010 11:57 PM
Corned Beef vs Salt Beef (naval beef) Peter General Cooking 46 31-07-2006 04:03 PM