Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

Default Hellmann's/Best Foods Canola mayonnaise

Anybody tried it? We did.

IT. IS. TERRIBLE!

(IMO o'course)

The flavor profile is so different from their "regular" variety that it
should be against the law to call it "mayonnaise".

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:14:46 -0700, isw > wrote:

>Anybody tried it? We did.
>
>IT. IS. TERRIBLE!
>
>(IMO o'course)
>
>The flavor profile is so different from their "regular" variety that it
>should be against the law to call it "mayonnaise".

Maybe Unilever will go sue themselves!
--
Mr.E
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 1:14:49 AM UTC-5, isw wrote:
> Anybody tried it? We did.
>
> IT. IS. TERRIBLE!

You'd rather have the shit made with soy oil.

> (IMO o'course)
>
> The flavor profile is so different from their "regular" variety that it
> should be against the law to call it "mayonnaise".

The "'regular' variety" is only regular in the same sense as a daily
bowel movement--it's shit. It has more in common with a wino's scrotum
or the ass end of a goat than it does with *real* mayonnaise.

> Isaac

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> The "'regular' variety" is only regular in the same sense as a daily
> bowel movement--it's shit. It has more in common with a wino's scrotum
> or the ass end of a goat than it does with *real* mayonnaise.

Nonsense Bryan. Hellman's REAL mayo is about as good as it gets
commercially, imo.

PS - and you know how those other 2 things taste?

:-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 09:09:46 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:14:46 -0700, isw wrote:
>
>> Anybody tried it? We did.
>>
>> IT. IS. TERRIBLE!
>>
>> (IMO o'course)
>>
>> The flavor profile is so different from their "regular" variety that it
>> should be against the law to call it "mayonnaise".

>Never knew it wasn't canola oil. What's the original -
>soybean/vegetable oil?

My quart of Hellman's lists the first ingredient as Soybean Oil... if
all other ingredients are the same I doubt any human can distinguish
between soybean and canola oils... a trained dog could likely sniff
the difference, but would lap up either the same... my cats love
Hellman's mayo better than tuna, whenever I spread some on bread for a
sandwich I had better have all the fixings right there on the counter,
I can't turn my back or it'll all be licked off, and they'll eat the
bread too... Barny needs his bread toasted, he loves dark toasted
bread crusts... btw, if you feed cats or dogs slightly burnt toast
it'll sweeten their breath and can't harm them... easy to make pet
treats for a lot less than store bought, toast bread ends very dark,
top with a slice of American cheeze, heat in the microwave until
cheese just melts, let cool and slice into cubes... animals love them,
I like them too. I make up a bunch and keep then in the fridge in a
zip-loc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

>It has more in common with a wino's scrotum.

If anyone should know it's you, Brrrwyan knows wino scrotums
intimately. LOL-LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 10:27:58 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>> The "'regular' variety" is only regular in the same sense as a daily
>> bowel movement--it's shit. It has more in common with a wino's scrotum
>> or the ass end of a goat than it does with *real* mayonnaise.

>Nonsense Bryan. Hellman's REAL mayo is about as good as it gets
>commercially, imo.
>
>PS - and you know how those other 2 things taste?
>
>:-D

Bryan knows EVERYTHING, just ask him amd he'll tell you! Just like
everyone else SHOULD!!

It's an expression of his probable Narsississtic Personality Disorder.

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 11:05:21 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>>
>>It has more in common with a wino's scrotum.

>If anyone should know it's you, Brrrwyan knows wino scrotums
>intimately. LOL-LOL

I know MY scrotum intimately. No one else's, intimately.

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:14:46 -0700, isw > wrote:

> Anybody tried it? We did.
>
> IT. IS. TERRIBLE!
>
> (IMO o'course)
>
> The flavor profile is so different from their "regular" variety that it
> should be against the law to call it "mayonnaise".

So they substituted GMO canola oil for GMO soybean oil? Oh, goody.

Let's look at the ingredients:

water, canola oil**, modified food starch (corn, potato)**, eggs†,
sugar, vinegar, salt, lemon juice, sorbic acid** and calcium disodium
edta (used to protect quality), natural flavor, vitamin e, beta
carotene (color)**. **ingredient not in regular mayonnaise †adds a
trivial amount of cholesterol

vs.

soybean oil, water, whole eggs and egg yolks, vinegar, salt, sugar,
lemon juice, calcium disodium EDTA (used to protect quality), natural
flavors

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

isw wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Anybody tried it? We did.
>
> IT. IS. TERRIBLE!
>
> (IMO o'course)
>
> The flavor profile is so different from their "regular" variety that
> it should be against the law to call it "mayonnaise".
>
> Isaac

I did. Agreed. Also the olive oil ones are horrible.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:14:46 -0700, isw wrote:
>
> > Anybody tried it? We did.
> >
> > IT. IS. TERRIBLE!
> >
> > (IMO o'course)
> >
> > The flavor profile is so different from their "regular" variety that it
> > should be against the law to call it "mayonnaise".

> Never knew it wasn't canola oil. What's the original -
> soybean/vegetable oil?

I seriously doubt that the flavor difference has much at all to do with
the difference in oil type. Look at all the other crap that's not in the
"regular" variety.

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
Bryan-TGWWW > wrote:

> On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 1:14:49 AM UTC-5, isw wrote:
> > Anybody tried it? We did.
> >
> > IT. IS. TERRIBLE!
> >

> You'd rather have the shit made with soy oil.
> >
> > (IMO o'course)
> >
> > The flavor profile is so different from their "regular" variety that it
> > should be against the law to call it "mayonnaise".
> >

> The "'regular' variety" is only regular in the same sense as a daily
> bowel movement--it's shit. It has more in common with a wino's scrotum
> or the ass end of a goat than it does with *real* mayonnaise

So don't keep us hanging here; what, in your opinion, is a *real*
mayonnaise? And where can I get it?

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 21:23:59 -0700, isw > wrote:

> In article >,
> Bryan-TGWWW > wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 1:14:49 AM UTC-5, isw wrote:
> > > Anybody tried it? We did.
> > >
> > > IT. IS. TERRIBLE!
> > >

> > You'd rather have the shit made with soy oil.
> > >
> > > (IMO o'course)
> > >
> > > The flavor profile is so different from their "regular" variety that it
> > > should be against the law to call it "mayonnaise".
> > >

> > The "'regular' variety" is only regular in the same sense as a daily
> > bowel movement--it's shit. It has more in common with a wino's scrotum
> > or the ass end of a goat than it does with *real* mayonnaise

> So don't keep us hanging here; what, in your opinion, is a *real*
> mayonnaise? And where can I get it?

You know very well that he doesn't think it's real unless you make it
yourself and you're damned to Hell if you dare use the entire egg
instead of yolk only.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 6:53:24 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 21:23:59 -0700, isw > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Bryan-TGWWW > wrote:

> > > You'd rather have the shit made with soy oil.

> > > The "'regular' variety" is only regular in the same sense as a daily
> > > bowel movement--it's shit. It has more in common with a wino's scrotum
> > > or the ass end of a goat than it does with *real* mayonnaise

> > So don't keep us hanging here; what, in your opinion, is a *real*
> > mayonnaise? And where can I get it?
> >

> You know very well that he doesn't think it's real unless you make it
> yourself and you're damned to Hell if you dare use the entire egg
> instead of yolk only.

You're not "damned to Hell." You're just a slob. There is no sin in
being a shitty excuse for a cook.

> sf

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > >

> > You know very well that he doesn't think it's real unless you make it
> > yourself and you're damned to Hell if you dare use the entire egg
> > instead of yolk only.
> >

> You're not "damned to Hell." You're just a slob. There is no sin in
> being a shitty excuse for a cook.

To the little tune:
"So bring out the Hellman's and bring out the best." LOL

hey bryan, can you post a pic of you sitting on that scooter with
helmet on? That would be such a "classic" for RFC! :-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>>
>> sf wrote:
>> > >
>> > You know very well that he doesn't think it's real unless you make it
>> > yourself and you're damned to Hell if you dare use the entire egg
>> > instead of yolk only.
>> >

>> You're not "damned to Hell." You're just a slob. There is no sin in
>> being a shitty excuse for a cook.

> To the little tune:
> "So bring out the Hellman's and bring out the best." LOL
>
> hey bryan, can you post a pic of you sitting on that scooter with
> helmet on? That would be such a "classic" for RFC! :-D

heh

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 9:04:22 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> hey bryan, can you post a pic of you sitting on that scooter with
> helmet on? That would be such a "classic" for RFC! :-D

Better yet, we took a few pix of me riding it a few days ago. My wife has
her camera right now, but when she gets home I'll try to remember to upload
one to my Flickr page and post a link.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:09:00 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 9:04:22 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>

>> hey bryan, can you post a pic of you sitting on that scooter with
>> helmet on? That would be such a "classic" for RFC! :-D

>Better yet, we took a few pix of me riding it a few days ago. My wife has
>her camera right now, but when she gets home I'll try to remember to upload
>one to my Flickr page and post a link.
>
>--Bryan

Flickr, a site designed for "peacocking", a term I heard from a woman
who is one of the progenitors of the Flickr site. Means showing off,
saying "Look at me and how cool I am!".

Perfect for someone suffering from Narcississtic Personality
Disorder!! ;-)

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

isw wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >,
> Bryan-TGWWW > wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 1:14:49 AM UTC-5, isw wrote:
> > > Anybody tried it? We did.
> > >
> > > IT. IS. TERRIBLE!
> > >

> > You'd rather have the shit made with soy oil.
> > >
> > > (IMO o'course)
> > >
> > > The flavor profile is so different from their "regular" variety
> > > that it should be against the law to call it "mayonnaise".
> > >

> > The "'regular' variety" is only regular in the same sense as a
> > daily bowel movement--it's shit. It has more in common with a
> > wino's scrotum or the ass end of a goat than it does with real
> > mayonnaise

> So don't keep us hanging here; what, in your opinion, is a real
> mayonnaise? And where can I get it?
>
> Isaac

For me, I prefer the Harris Teeter store brand because it matches well
to Hellmans, Dukes, and Kraft. In fact, it's very close to Dukes and a
tad bit better to my tastebuds. The others seem wierdly 'sweet' to me.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 9:04:22 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> hey bryan, can you post a pic of you sitting on that scooter with
> helmet on? That would be such a "classic" for RFC! :-D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/361781...n/photostream/

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:52:31 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 9:04:22 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>

>> hey bryan, can you post a pic of you sitting on that scooter with
>> helmet on? That would be such a "classic" for RFC! :-D

>https://www.flickr.com/photos/361781...n/photostream/
>
>--Bryan

A pink faggot ride wearing a lezbo blue helmet! LOL-LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 21:23:59 -0700, isw > wrote:

>So don't keep us hanging here; what, in your opinion, is a *real*
>mayonnaise? And where can I get it?
>
>Isaac

This "southern sauce" is similar to mayonaise. You spread it on
everything...

http://www.dukesmayo.com/

It makes delicious deviled eggs!

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 20:11:02 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:52:31 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 9:04:22 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>>

>>> hey bryan, can you post a pic of you sitting on that scooter with
>>> helmet on? That would be such a "classic" for RFC! :-D

>>https://www.flickr.com/photos/361781...n/photostream/
>>
>>--Bryan

>A pink faggot ride wearing a lezbo blue helmet! LOL-LOL

Wow Sheldon, you are one sick sad homophobe!!

A substantial slice of the world's homophobia will die with you! And
good riddance!!

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 21:17:46 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

> Wow Sheldon, you are one sick sad homophobe!!
>
> A substantial slice of the world's homophobia will die with you! And
> good riddance!!

That's for sure.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
William > wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 21:23:59 -0700, isw > wrote:
>
> >So don't keep us hanging here; what, in your opinion, is a *real*
> >mayonnaise? And where can I get it?
> >
> >Isaac

> This "southern sauce" is similar to mayonaise. You spread it on
> everything...
>
> http://www.dukesmayo.com/
>
> It makes delicious deviled eggs!

I know about Duke's; sometimes I can find it out here on the coast.

BTW, however good those deviled eggs are, ones made with Durkee's Famous
Sauce are better (IMO).

Isaac

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 22:04:51 -0700, isw > wrote:

> In article >,
> William > wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 21:23:59 -0700, isw > wrote:
> >
> > >So don't keep us hanging here; what, in your opinion, is a *real*
> > >mayonnaise? And where can I get it?
> > >
> > >Isaac

> > This "southern sauce" is similar to mayonaise. You spread it on
> > everything...
> >
> > http://www.dukesmayo.com/
> >
> > It makes delicious deviled eggs!

> I know about Duke's; sometimes I can find it out here on the coast.

Which coast and what part of it. I've never seen it in real life.

> BTW, however good those deviled eggs are, ones made with Durkee's Famous
> Sauce are better (IMO).

I've never seen that either.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 20:26:30 -0400, William > wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 21:23:59 -0700, isw > wrote:
>
>>So don't keep us hanging here; what, in your opinion, is a *real*
>>mayonnaise? And where can I get it?
>>
>>Isaac

>This "southern sauce" is similar to mayonaise. You spread it on
>everything...
>
>http://www.dukesmayo.com/
>
>It makes delicious deviled eggs!

Many Southern cooks swear by Dukes. I personally prefer another offering
by their parent company branded Sauers as it seems slightly less sweet.
The same folks also make the Bama brand.
--
Mr.E
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 21:40:21 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 21:17:46 -0500, John Kuthe >
>wrote:
>
>> Wow Sheldon, you are one sick sad homophobe!!
>>
>> A substantial slice of the world's homophobia will die with you! And
>> good riddance!!

>That's for sure.

:-)

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/361781...n/photostream/

Very cool pic, Bryan. And a leather bonobo jacket too just like a real
Barbie's Angel gang member. ;-D

Best Foods Balsamic Mayonnaise Dressing Cheri[_3_] General Cooking 4 25-01-2014 06:09 PM
canola oil sonu General Cooking 27 17-03-2007 06:59 AM
Canola mayonnaise tenplay General Cooking 12 08-03-2007 04:03 AM
Hellmann's, Too barry in indy General Cooking 101 08-07-2006 10:58 PM
Best Foods/Hellmans Mayonnaise Charles Gifford General Cooking 57 17-02-2005 08:43 PM