Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Walmart's new "Price First" private label

I tried this Price First milk the other day, and it tasted kinda funny the first day but I didn't really think anything about it, but then I took a drink of it in the next day and it was sour!!! I poured it out I'll never buy it again!!! So disgusting!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 4/7/2015 7:07 PM, wrote:
>
>> I buy no perishable food from Walmart whatsoever.
>> I might buy canned food, or a box of crackers/cookies, but that's it. I
>> do my best to avoid doing business with Walmart as much as possible.
>>
>> They should have stayed out of the grocery business. They are too big
>> to maintain safe foods in their stores, but as we all know, it's all
>> about money! (Like all businesses run by Jews).....
>>

> Anti-Semitic remarks aside, they seem to do as good as any other stores
> managing perishables here. The two I frequent on occasion are very clean
> and frozen and refrigerated foods properly displayed.
>
> I don't care for some of the brands they carry, but the others are as good
> as any other store.
>
> Ages ago when I was in high school I worked at a Jewish owned grocery
> store. Fine people that helped the community.

I bought ice cream from the one in Lynnwood and it was clear from the ice
crystals in it that it had been thawed and refrozen. Now I realize this
could have been a fluke thing but I never bought it there again. The others
are too far away from my house for me to try to buy ice and get it home in
good condition.

I did also notice a box of Croissant breakfast sandwiches at the Everett
Super store that need to be pulled. I had looked at them and they expired
on March 10. I can't remember what date I had looked at them on but it was
past that date.

The next time I went, I reached for the box on the shelf, assuming they had
put out new ones. The soggy box immediately told me they had not. And last
time I was in there, it still was there. I had half a mind to tell the meat
guy who came out of the back but I was in a hurry to get out of there. If
it is still there next time, I will. However, I will say that for the
stores in this area, that is not unusual.

I guess I might be more bothered by this than most because when I worked for
K Mart, I was in charge of the food department for some years. I went
through every aisle at least once a week, front facing, and checking dates
on everything. It was rare for us to have expired food on the shelves
because we watched the stuff like a hawk. Apparently most stores seem not
only not to do that but rotate their stock either.