Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pomegranate Chicken

Pomegranate juice and mustard combined make a sweet, tangy glaze for
chicken. Deeelicious.

Step by step and recipe here
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...e-chicken.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/pa85pol

Here's the recipe

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pomegranate-Glazed Chicken

poultry

1 teaspoon cumin
1 clove garlic; minced
sea salt; to taste
freshly ground black pepper; to taste
6 tablespoons olive oil; divided use
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup pomegranite juice; no sugar added
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 fresh pomegranate; seeds removed

Mix the cumin, garlic, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper with 2
tablespoons of olive oil, and rub into the chicken.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add
the chicken breasts and sauté for 10 minutes, turning halfway through
the cooking time so the chicken breasts are golden brown on each side.
Add the pomegranate juice, honey, dijon mustard and thyme.
Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is
cooked through and the sauce reduces by half.
Transfer the chicken and sauce to a serving platter, and top with
fresh pomegranate seeds

Notes: The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook

Yield: 6 servings

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

>Pomegranate juice and mustard combined make a sweet, tangy glaze for
>chicken. Deeelicious.
>
>Step by step and recipe here
>http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...e-chicken.html
>
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/pa85pol

An interesting glaze... probably a good marinade too... for chicen or
pork. What brand of mustard? I ordered this 12 pack and it arrived
two days ago, fantastic:
http://www.amazon.com/Plochmans-Kosc...o+beer+mustard

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 20:25:07 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>koko wrote:
>>
>>Pomegranate juice and mustard combined make a sweet, tangy glaze for
>>chicken. Deeelicious.
>>
>>Step by step and recipe here
>>http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...e-chicken.html
>>
>>or
>>http://tinyurl.com/pa85pol

>An interesting glaze... probably a good marinade too... for chicen or
>pork. What brand of mustard?

I used just plain ol' Dijon mustard

>I ordered this 12 pack and it arrived >two days ago, fantastic:
>http://www.amazon.com/Plochmans-Kosc...o+beer+mustard

That looks interesting.

koko

James Beard

Pomegranate Lucille[_2_] General Cooking 12 30-01-2011 07:25 PM
POMEGRANATE madis General Cooking 3 20-10-2009 02:28 AM
Cooking Chicken with walnuts & pomegranate paste Bronwyn General Cooking 2 11-10-2006 12:20 PM
A Persian Recipe for Christine: Pomegranate Khoresh with Chicken TammyM General Cooking 6 01-10-2006 06:36 AM
Pomegranate Glaze for Grilled Chicken or Shrimp Orchidguy Recipes (moderated) 0 07-06-2005 04:01 AM