Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default peppadew spread

I bought the peppadew spread from Whole Foods and oh, boy is it ever
deeeelicious! I'm looking for a peppadew spread recipe on the
internet and coming up with zip (lots of dips, no spreads). The
ingredient list says it's chopped peppadew, cream cheese and parsley,
but I don't see any bits of green. It seems simple enough to make,
but I think I'll continue to buy because it doesn't have an ingredient
I'd like to avoid and it's not worth the time to make it in the
quantity I would normally buy (.5 lb). If you don't have a Whole
Foods nearby, can buy peppadews at the olive bar and are interested in
this idea, try making it at home.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 4:32:51 PM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> I bought the peppadew spread from Whole Foods and oh, boy is it ever
> deeeelicious! I'm looking for a peppadew spread recipe on the
> internet and coming up with zip (lots of dips, no spreads). The
> ingredient list says it's chopped peppadew, cream cheese and parsley,
> but I don't see any bits of green. It seems simple enough to make,
> but I think I'll continue to buy because it doesn't have an ingredient
> I'd like to avoid and it's not worth the time to make it in the
> quantity I would normally buy (.5 lb). If you don't have a Whole
> Foods nearby, can buy peppadews at the olive bar and are interested in
> this idea, try making it at home.

Google search does yield some peppadew "spread" recipes...please try again.

====
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 3:32:51 PM UTC-8, sf wrote:
> I bought the peppadew spread from Whole Foods and oh, boy is it ever
> deeeelicious! I'm looking for a peppadew spread recipe on the
> internet and coming up with zip (lots of dips, no spreads). The
> ingredient list says it's chopped peppadew, cream cheese and parsley,
> but I don't see any bits of green. It seems simple enough to make,
> but I think I'll continue to buy because it doesn't have an ingredient
> I'd like to avoid and it's not worth the time to make it in the
> quantity I would normally buy (.5 lb). If you don't have a Whole
> Foods nearby, can buy peppadews at the olive bar and are interested in
> this idea, try making it at home.
>

> --
> A kitchen without a cook is just a room

they are great mixed with softened goat cheese as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 3:32:51 PM UTC-8, sf wrote:
> I bought the peppadew spread from Whole Foods and oh, boy is it ever
> deeeelicious! I'm looking for a peppadew spread recipe on the
> internet and coming up with zip (lots of dips, no spreads). The
> ingredient list says it's chopped peppadew, cream cheese and parsley,
> but I don't see any bits of green. It seems simple enough to make,
> but I think I'll continue to buy because it doesn't have an ingredient
> I'd like to avoid and it's not worth the time to make it in the
> quantity I would normally buy (.5 lb). If you don't have a Whole
> Foods nearby, can buy peppadews at the olive bar and are interested in
> this idea, try making it at home.

btw, is this with the sweet peppedew or the hot ones?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:54:01 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 3:32:51 PM UTC-8, sf wrote:
> > I bought the peppadew spread from Whole Foods and oh, boy is it ever
> > deeeelicious! I'm looking for a peppadew spread recipe on the
> > internet and coming up with zip (lots of dips, no spreads). The
> > ingredient list says it's chopped peppadew, cream cheese and parsley,
> > but I don't see any bits of green. It seems simple enough to make,
> > but I think I'll continue to buy because it doesn't have an ingredient
> > I'd like to avoid and it's not worth the time to make it in the
> > quantity I would normally buy (.5 lb). If you don't have a Whole
> > Foods nearby, can buy peppadews at the olive bar and are interested in
> > this idea, try making it at home.

> btw, is this with the sweet peppedew or the hot ones?

I don't know. In fact, I didn't know there were two types! I'm new
to this. They have a slight zing to them that livens up the cream
cheese but they are not advertised as being hot, so my guess is:
sweet. I think the difference between sweet and hot would be seeds.
I don't see any seeds, so IMO, they must be considered sweet.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 5:39:07 PM UTC-8, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:54:01 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
> > On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 3:32:51 PM UTC-8, sf wrote:
> > > I bought the peppadew spread from Whole Foods and oh, boy is it ever
> > > deeeelicious! I'm looking for a peppadew spread recipe on the
> > > internet and coming up with zip (lots of dips, no spreads). The
> > > ingredient list says it's chopped peppadew, cream cheese and parsley,
> > > but I don't see any bits of green. It seems simple enough to make,
> > > but I think I'll continue to buy because it doesn't have an ingredient
> > > I'd like to avoid and it's not worth the time to make it in the
> > > quantity I would normally buy (.5 lb). If you don't have a Whole
> > > Foods nearby, can buy peppadews at the olive bar and are interested in
> > > this idea, try making it at home.

> > btw, is this with the sweet peppedew or the hot ones?
> >

> I don't know. In fact, I didn't know there were two types! I'm new
> to this. They have a slight zing to them that livens up the cream
> cheese but they are not advertised as being hot, so my guess is:
> sweet. I think the difference between sweet and hot would be seeds.
> I don't see any seeds, so IMO, they must be considered sweet.
>
> --
> A kitchen without a cook is just a room

http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ew+hot+peppers
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 19:21:45 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 5:39:07 PM UTC-8, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:54:01 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> > > wrote:

> > > btw, is this with the sweet peppedew or the hot ones?
> > >

> > I don't know. In fact, I didn't know there were two types! I'm new
> > to this. They have a slight zing to them that livens up the cream
> > cheese but they are not advertised as being hot, so my guess is:
> > sweet. I think the difference between sweet and hot would be seeds.
> > I don't see any seeds, so IMO, they must be considered sweet.
> >

> http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ew+hot+peppers

They aren't labeled sweet or hot, just "peppadew" in the ingredient
list. Since the spread is made in house, I'm assuming they are the
same peppadews that I could buy from the olive bar (which are not
labeled sweet or hot either).

I know they aren't an exact match, but I'm wondering if they can be
exchanged for piquillo peppers (which I haven't tasted yet) in
recipes?

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room