Old 23-01-2015, 12:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSRmagazine

On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
have.

Salad bars are passť. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.

Jill

Old 23-01-2015, 05:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

People here want a good salad bar.

Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
you can eat.

And that's something we don't have.

Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".

Old 23-01-2015, 05:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:59:17 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
have.

Salad bars are passť. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.

They aren't as passe as you may think. Whole Foods has one in their
deli area. Another self-service island has do it yourself hot foods.
Both are sold by the pound.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Old 23-01-2015, 06:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
have.

Salad bars are passť. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.

They aren't as passe as you may think. Whole Foods has one in their
deli area. Another self-service island has do it yourself hot foods.
Both are sold by the pound.

Fast Food Restaurants, Whole Foods.

Jill
Old 23-01-2015, 07:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/23/2015 11:10 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

People here want a good salad bar.

Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
you can eat.

And that's something we don't have.

Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".

Sheldon that would depend upon the flow of the piece. It is not against
the laws of nature to start a sentence with "And" if the context
requires it.

Just sayin'

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Old 23-01-2015, 07:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
have.

Salad bars are passť. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want to
select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.

And I don't want a salad made for me ahead of time with candied nuts.

Old 23-01-2015, 07:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

People here want a good salad bar.

Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
you can eat.

One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

And that's something we don't have.

Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".

Yes they do.

Old 23-01-2015, 07:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
have.

Salad bars are passť. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.

They aren't as passe as you may think. Whole Foods has one in their
deli area. Another self-service island has do it yourself hot foods.
Both are sold by the pound.

Yes they do have one. I have tried it twice and the food wasn't very fresh
and didn't taste good. Central Market also has one. It's better. I would
like one in a restaurant.

Old 23-01-2015, 08:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-01-23 12:10 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

People here want a good salad bar.

Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
you can eat.

And that's something we don't have.

Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".

She never said she was a writer. Hold it. She did say she was a writer.
Then she said she wasn't. Then she said she never said she was. Then
she said she didn't remember saying she was.

And.... that is the way it is.
Old 23-01-2015, 09:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:58:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
.. .
Julie Bove wrote:

People here want a good salad bar.

Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
you can eat.

One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

And that's something we don't have.

Cut up raw veggies and canned beans makes a pretty poor salad, in my
opinion.

In a *good* salad bar, you need protein - cheese, hard-boiled eggs,
and cold meats. You also should have a big assortment of greens -
various lettuces, spinach, watercress, sprouts, cabbage, etc.

A salad bar should also have things like pasta salad, potato salad,
and a cold quinoa or rice salad, as well as olives and antipasti. some
walnuts, cashews, and pine nuts would be nice, as well.

And, of course, a variety of dressings.

Doris

Old 23-01-2015, 09:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:58:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
. ..
Julie Bove wrote:

People here want a good salad bar.

Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
you can eat.

One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

And that's something we don't have.

Cut up raw veggies and canned beans makes a pretty poor salad, in my
opinion.

In a *good* salad bar, you need protein - cheese, hard-boiled eggs,
and cold meats. You also should have a big assortment of greens -
various lettuces, spinach, watercress, sprouts, cabbage, etc.

A salad bar should also have things like pasta salad, potato salad,
and a cold quinoa or rice salad, as well as olives and antipasti. some
walnuts, cashews, and pine nuts would be nice, as well.

And, of course, a variety of dressings.

Sounds jolly good to me. I have never been to a salad bar, but I would most
certainly be looking for those things in my salad.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 23-01-2015, 09:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:
Brooklyn1 wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

People here want a good salad bar.

Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
you can eat.

And that's something we don't have.

Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".

Sheldon that would depend upon the flow of the piece. It is not against
the laws of nature to start a sentence with "And" if the context
requires it.

Just sayin'

No one is tawkin' flow, piece, or laws of nature. It's not
gramatically correct to begin writing a sentence with a conjunction
regardless of context and the Bove claims to be a writer. The Bove is
about the poorest writer here (of the regulars), and you're not far
behind, but at least you don't claim to be a writer. With how poorly
she expresses herself (in her broken English) I strongly suspect the
Bove cannot produce a high school diploma. I'd be willing to bet the
Bove dropped out of school mid eighth grade, and I'm being generous
with the mental doofus. Correct grammer doesn't necessarilly apply to
in personal conversation but when all we have here is writing one
should attempt to be precise in their communication, especially with
how the Bove is so obtusely argumentitive.
Old 23-01-2015, 10:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:57:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
have.

Salad bars are passť. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want to
select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.

And I don't want a salad made for me ahead of time with candied nuts.

Bove, you are a nut, definitely candied... B n'B... Beer Nut Bove! LOL
Old 23-01-2015, 10:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

People here want a good salad bar.

Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
you can eat.

One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

And that's something we don't have.

Cut up raw veggies and canned beans makes a pretty poor salad, in my
opinion.

In a *good* salad bar, you need protein - cheese, hard-boiled eggs,
and cold meats. You also should have a big assortment of greens -
various lettuces, spinach, watercress, sprouts, cabbage, etc.

A salad bar should also have things like pasta salad, potato salad,
and a cold quinoa or rice salad, as well as olives and antipasti. some
walnuts, cashews, and pine nuts would be nice, as well.

And, of course, a variety of dressings.

Doris

We have one of those Jason's Deli chains here. They have an excellent
(to me) salad bar with three different kinds of leafy greens and no
iceberg. They have things like whole, peeled hard boiled eggs, little
cooked beets, a really great salad made with Israeli (large pearl)
couscous, hummus, shredded yellow cheese, tiny cornmeal and bran gem
muffins, lots of other fresh veggies like broccoli, cukes, little grape
tomatoes. There is also a bean salad, a pasta salad and two kinds of
potato salad. Stuff I've forgotten as well. I just get the salad bar
when I'm there. Everything if fresh and tasty.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Old 23-01-2015, 11:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/23/2015 3:57 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Janet Wilder wrote:
Brooklyn1 wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

I'm a published (paid) writer, Sheldon. I'm also a paid editor. I was an
English Lit major in college and graduated with high honors from Rutgers
University. There is no rule that says you can't start a sentence with
the word "and" when it's appropriate.

A writer's craft is as important to the end product as a painter's
technique with a brush. If the narrative requires a sentence to begin
with "and" it's perfectly legitimate. Maybe in your grammar school it
wasn't but in the literary community, it is. Go on Amazon and buy
yourself a couple of style books. Writers' Guild or Chicago Style
Manual, whatever.

It appears that your opinion of my writing was not shared by the many
publications that paid for my stories and poems nor the publishers who
published my books.

Now, tell us how many books, articles, poems, etc, you've had published.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas