FoodBanter.com

-   -   Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSRmagazine (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/432343-re-fast-food-restaurant.html)

jmcquown[_2_] 23-01-2015 12:59 PM

On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
> have.

Salad bars are passé. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.

Jill

brooklyn1 23-01-2015 05:10 PM

Julie Bove wrote:

>People here want a good salad bar.

Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
you can eat.

>And that's something we don't have.

Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".

sf[_9_] 23-01-2015 05:48 PM

Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSR magazine

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:59:17 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
> > have.

> Salad bars are passé. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
> to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.

They aren't as passe as you may think. Whole Foods has one in their
deli area. Another self-service island has do it yourself hot foods.
Both are sold by the pound.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

jmcquown[_2_] 23-01-2015 06:15 PM

On 1/23/2015 12:48 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:59:17 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
>>> have.

>> Salad bars are passé. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
>> to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.
>>

> They aren't as passe as you may think. Whole Foods has one in their
> deli area. Another self-service island has do it yourself hot foods.
> Both are sold by the pound.

Fast Food Restaurants, Whole Foods.

Jill

Janet Wilder[_4_] 23-01-2015 07:30 PM

On 1/23/2015 11:10 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> People here want a good salad bar.

> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
> you can eat.
>
>> And that's something we don't have.

> Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".

Sheldon that would depend upon the flow of the piece. It is not against
the laws of nature to start a sentence with "And" if the context
requires it.

Just sayin'

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Julie Bove[_2_] 23-01-2015 07:57 PM

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
>> have.

> Salad bars are passé. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want to
> select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.

And I don't want a salad made for me ahead of time with candied nuts.

Julie Bove[_2_] 23-01-2015 07:58 PM

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>People here want a good salad bar.

> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
> you can eat.

One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

>>And that's something we don't have.

> Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".

Yes they do.

Julie Bove[_2_] 23-01-2015 07:59 PM

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:59:17 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
>> > have.

>> Salad bars are passé. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
>> to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.
>>

> They aren't as passe as you may think. Whole Foods has one in their
> deli area. Another self-service island has do it yourself hot foods.
> Both are sold by the pound.

Yes they do have one. I have tried it twice and the food wasn't very fresh
and didn't taste good. Central Market also has one. It's better. I would
like one in a restaurant.

Dave Smith[_1_] 23-01-2015 08:21 PM

On 2015-01-23 12:10 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> People here want a good salad bar.

> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
> you can eat.
>
>> And that's something we don't have.

> Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".

She never said she was a writer. Hold it. She did say she was a writer.
Then she said she wasn't. Then she said she never said she was. Then
she said she didn't remember saying she was.

And.... that is the way it is.

Doris Night 23-01-2015 09:37 PM

Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSR magazine

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:58:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>>People here want a good salad bar.

>> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
>> you can eat.

>One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.
>>
>>>And that's something we don't have.

Cut up raw veggies and canned beans makes a pretty poor salad, in my
opinion.

In a *good* salad bar, you need protein - cheese, hard-boiled eggs,
and cold meats. You also should have a big assortment of greens -
various lettuces, spinach, watercress, sprouts, cabbage, etc.

A salad bar should also have things like pasta salad, potato salad,
and a cold quinoa or rice salad, as well as olives and antipasti. some
walnuts, cashews, and pine nuts would be nice, as well.

And, of course, a variety of dressings.

Doris

Ophelia[_11_] 23-01-2015 09:45 PM

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:58:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
>>> you can eat.

>>One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

> Cut up raw veggies and canned beans makes a pretty poor salad, in my
> opinion.
>
> In a *good* salad bar, you need protein - cheese, hard-boiled eggs,
> and cold meats. You also should have a big assortment of greens -
> various lettuces, spinach, watercress, sprouts, cabbage, etc.
>
> A salad bar should also have things like pasta salad, potato salad,
> and a cold quinoa or rice salad, as well as olives and antipasti. some
> walnuts, cashews, and pine nuts would be nice, as well.
>
> And, of course, a variety of dressings.

Sounds jolly good to me. I have never been to a salad bar, but I would most
certainly be looking for those things in my salad.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

brooklyn1 23-01-2015 09:57 PM

Janet Wilder wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> People here want a good salad bar.

>> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
>> you can eat.
>>
>>> And that's something we don't have.

>> Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".
>>

>Sheldon that would depend upon the flow of the piece. It is not against
>the laws of nature to start a sentence with "And" if the context
>requires it.
>
>Just sayin'

No one is tawkin' flow, piece, or laws of nature. It's not
gramatically correct to begin writing a sentence with a conjunction
regardless of context and the Bove claims to be a writer. The Bove is
about the poorest writer here (of the regulars), and you're not far
behind, but at least you don't claim to be a writer. With how poorly
she expresses herself (in her broken English) I strongly suspect the
Bove cannot produce a high school diploma. I'd be willing to bet the
Bove dropped out of school mid eighth grade, and I'm being generous
with the mental doofus. Correct grammer doesn't necessarilly apply to
in personal conversation but when all we have here is writing one
should attempt to be precise in their communication, especially with
how the Bove is so obtusely argumentitive.

brooklyn1 23-01-2015 10:06 PM

Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSR magazine

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:57:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 1/21/2015 11:16 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> People here want a good salad bar. And that's something we just don't
>>> have.

>> Salad bars are passé. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want to
>> select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.

>And I don't want a salad made for me ahead of time with candied nuts.

Bove, you are a nut, definitely candied... B n'B... Beer Nut Bove! LOL

Janet Wilder[_4_] 23-01-2015 10:51 PM

On 1/23/2015 3:37 PM, Doris Night wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:58:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
>>> you can eat.

>> One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

> Cut up raw veggies and canned beans makes a pretty poor salad, in my
> opinion.
>
> In a *good* salad bar, you need protein - cheese, hard-boiled eggs,
> and cold meats. You also should have a big assortment of greens -
> various lettuces, spinach, watercress, sprouts, cabbage, etc.
>
> A salad bar should also have things like pasta salad, potato salad,
> and a cold quinoa or rice salad, as well as olives and antipasti. some
> walnuts, cashews, and pine nuts would be nice, as well.
>
> And, of course, a variety of dressings.
>
> Doris

We have one of those Jason's Deli chains here. They have an excellent
(to me) salad bar with three different kinds of leafy greens and no
iceberg. They have things like whole, peeled hard boiled eggs, little
cooked beets, a really great salad made with Israeli (large pearl)
couscous, hummus, shredded yellow cheese, tiny cornmeal and bran gem
muffins, lots of other fresh veggies like broccoli, cukes, little grape
tomatoes. There is also a bean salad, a pasta salad and two kinds of
potato salad. Stuff I've forgotten as well. I just get the salad bar
when I'm there. Everything if fresh and tasty.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Janet Wilder[_4_] 23-01-2015 11:09 PM

On 1/23/2015 3:57 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
>>> you can eat.

>>> Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".
>>>

>> Sheldon that would depend upon the flow of the piece. It is not against
>> the laws of nature to start a sentence with "And" if the context
>> requires it.
>>
>> Just sayin'

> No one is tawkin' flow, piece, or laws of nature. It's not
> gramatically correct to begin writing a sentence with a conjunction
> regardless of context and the Bove claims to be a writer. The Bove is
> about the poorest writer here (of the regulars), and you're not far
> behind, but at least you don't claim to be a writer. With how poorly
> she expresses herself (in her broken English) I strongly suspect the
> Bove cannot produce a high school diploma. I'd be willing to bet the
> Bove dropped out of school mid eighth grade, and I'm being generous
> with the mental doofus. Correct grammer doesn't necessarilly apply to
> in personal conversation but when all we have here is writing one
> should attempt to be precise in their communication, especially with
> how the Bove is so obtusely argumentitive.

I'm a published (paid) writer, Sheldon. I'm also a paid editor. I was an
English Lit major in college and graduated with high honors from Rutgers
University. There is no rule that says you can't start a sentence with
the word "and" when it's appropriate.

A writer's craft is as important to the end product as a painter's
technique with a brush. If the narrative requires a sentence to begin
with "and" it's perfectly legitimate. Maybe in your grammar school it
wasn't but in the literary community, it is. Go on Amazon and buy
yourself a couple of style books. Writers' Guild or Chicago Style
Manual, whatever.

It appears that your opinion of my writing was not shared by the many
publications that paid for my stories and poems nor the publishers who
published my books.

Now, tell us how many books, articles, poems, etc, you've had published.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

brooklyn1 24-01-2015 12:29 AM

Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSR magazine

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 17:09:51 -0600, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

>On 1/23/2015 3:57 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Janet Wilder wrote:

>>> Sheldon that would depend upon the flow of the piece. It is not against
>>> the laws of nature to start a sentence with "And" if the context
>>> requires it.
>>>
>>> Just sayin'

>> No one is tawkin' flow, piece, or laws of nature. It's not
>> gramatically correct to begin writing a sentence with a conjunction
>> regardless of context and the Bove claims to be a writer. The Bove is
>> about the poorest writer here (of the regulars), and you're not far
>> behind, but at least you don't claim to be a writer. With how poorly
>> she expresses herself (in her broken English) I strongly suspect the
>> Bove cannot produce a high school diploma. I'd be willing to bet the
>> Bove dropped out of school mid eighth grade, and I'm being generous
>> with the mental doofus. Correct grammer doesn't necessarilly apply to
>> in personal conversation but when all we have here is writing one
>> should attempt to be precise in their communication, especially with
>> how the Bove is so obtusely argumentitive.
>>

>I'm a published (paid) writer, Sheldon. I'm also a paid editor. I was an
>English Lit major in college and graduated with high honors from Rutgers
>University. There is no rule that says you can't start a sentence with
>the word "and" when it's appropriate.
>
>A writer's craft is as important to the end product as a painter's
>technique with a brush. If the narrative requires a sentence to begin
>with "and" it's perfectly legitimate. Maybe in your grammar school it
>wasn't but in the literary community, it is. Go on Amazon and buy
>yourself a couple of style books. Writers' Guild or Chicago Style
>Manual, whatever.
>
>It appears that your opinion of my writing was not shared by the many
>publications that paid for my stories and poems nor the publishers who
>published my books.
>
>Now, tell us how many books, articles, poems, etc, you've had published.

You don't impress and you offer no proof. I think your writing is
abysmal. I don't make claims to be published but I know how to write
and I know from observing your contributions here that you do not know
how to write better than a 5th grader. Your writing is almost as as
inane and verbose as the Bove.

Janet Wilder[_4_] 24-01-2015 01:08 AM

On 1/23/2015 6:29 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 17:09:51 -0600, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:

>>> No one is tawkin' flow, piece, or laws of nature. It's not
>>> gramatically correct to begin writing a sentence with a conjunction
>>> regardless of context and the Bove claims to be a writer. The Bove is
>>> about the poorest writer here (of the regulars), and you're not far
>>> behind, but at least you don't claim to be a writer. With how poorly
>>> she expresses herself (in her broken English) I strongly suspect the
>>> Bove cannot produce a high school diploma. I'd be willing to bet the
>>> Bove dropped out of school mid eighth grade, and I'm being generous
>>> with the mental doofus. Correct grammer doesn't necessarilly apply to
>>> in personal conversation but when all we have here is writing one
>>> should attempt to be precise in their communication, especially with
>>> how the Bove is so obtusely argumentitive.
>>>

>> I'm a published (paid) writer, Sheldon. I'm also a paid editor. I was an
>> English Lit major in college and graduated with high honors from Rutgers
>> University. There is no rule that says you can't start a sentence with
>> the word "and" when it's appropriate.
>>
>> A writer's craft is as important to the end product as a painter's
>> technique with a brush. If the narrative requires a sentence to begin
>> with "and" it's perfectly legitimate. Maybe in your grammar school it
>> wasn't but in the literary community, it is. Go on Amazon and buy
>> yourself a couple of style books. Writers' Guild or Chicago Style
>> Manual, whatever.
>>
>> It appears that your opinion of my writing was not shared by the many
>> publications that paid for my stories and poems nor the publishers who
>> published my books.
>>
>> Now, tell us how many books, articles, poems, etc, you've had published.

> You don't impress and you offer no proof. I think your writing is
> abysmal. I don't make claims to be published but I know how to write
> and I know from observing your contributions here that you do not know
> how to write better than a 5th grader. Your writing is almost as as
> inane and verbose as the Bove.

I guess my writing style is far beyond your fifth grade comprehension.
Sorry.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

jmcquown[_2_] 24-01-2015 01:10 AM

On 1/23/2015 4:37 PM, Doris Night wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:58:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
>>> you can eat.

>> One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

> Cut up raw veggies and canned beans makes a pretty poor salad, in my
> opinion.

You know that's all she's going to eat so nothing else is required.

> In a *good* salad bar, you need protein - cheese, hard-boiled eggs,
> and cold meats. You also should have a big assortment of greens -
> various lettuces, spinach, watercress, sprouts, cabbage, etc.
>
> A salad bar should also have things like pasta salad, potato salad,
> and a cold quinoa or rice salad, as well as olives and antipasti. some
> walnuts, cashews, and pine nuts would be nice, as well.
>
> And, of course, a variety of dressings.
>
> Doris

That's a good description. :)

Jill

sf[_9_] 24-01-2015 03:48 AM

Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSR magazine

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:15:10 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 1/23/2015 12:48 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:59:17 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> >> Salad bars are passé. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
> >> to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.
> >>

> > They aren't as passe as you may think. Whole Foods has one in their
> > deli area. Another self-service island has do it yourself hot foods.
> > Both are sold by the pound.
> >

> Fast Food Restaurants, Whole Foods.

Sorry, I don't know any fast food restaurants that do it. But then I
am not a fast food expert.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

sf[_9_] 24-01-2015 03:49 AM

Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSR magazine

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:59:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:59:17 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> >> Salad bars are passé. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
> >> to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.
> >>

> > They aren't as passe as you may think. Whole Foods has one in their
> > deli area. Another self-service island has do it yourself hot foods.
> > Both are sold by the pound.

> Yes they do have one. I have tried it twice and the food wasn't very fresh
> and didn't taste good. Central Market also has one. It's better. I would
> like one in a restaurant.

I really do have to try these places that you say are so much better
than places I know of that have top notch quality. Unfortunately,
they aren't in business around here.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

jmcquown[_2_] 24-01-2015 04:53 AM

On 1/23/2015 10:48 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:15:10 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/23/2015 12:48 PM, sf wrote:

>>> They aren't as passe as you may think. Whole Foods has one in their
>>> deli area. Another self-service island has do it yourself hot foods.
>>> Both are sold by the pound.
>>>

>> Fast Food Restaurants, Whole Foods.
>>

> Sorry, I don't know any fast food restaurants that do it. But then I
> am not a fast food expert.

I'm not a fast food expert either, sf. I do remember a couple of
places, I'm thinking back in the 1980's. They had salad bars. The
salad bar was the same place where you also went to get the trimmings
for the hamburger you just ordered. Dress it yourself. High class
places. LOL

Jill

Julie Bove[_2_] 24-01-2015 05:10 AM

Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSR magazine

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:58:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
>>> you can eat.

>>One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

> Cut up raw veggies and canned beans makes a pretty poor salad, in my
> opinion.
>
> In a *good* salad bar, you need protein - cheese, hard-boiled eggs,
> and cold meats. You also should have a big assortment of greens -
> various lettuces, spinach, watercress, sprouts, cabbage, etc.

Well since I can't eat any of those protein things, they are of no interest
to me. The green would be cut up veggies. Sprouts are generally not served
anywhere here any more. Not safe to eat.

> A salad bar should also have things like pasta salad, potato salad,
> and a cold quinoa or rice salad, as well as olives and antipasti. some
> walnuts, cashews, and pine nuts would be nice, as well.

Most of those are things I can't eat either.

> And, of course, a variety of dressings.

I don't eat those either.

Julie Bove[_2_] 24-01-2015 05:13 AM

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/23/2015 4:37 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:58:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

>> Cut up raw veggies and canned beans makes a pretty poor salad, in my
>> opinion.
>>

> You know that's all she's going to eat so nothing else is required.

For me. I don't care what all else is there but if those things aren't,
then I am not interested.

Julie Bove[_2_] 24-01-2015 05:28 AM

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/23/2015 10:48 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:15:10 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Fast Food Restaurants, Whole Foods.
>>>

>> Sorry, I don't know any fast food restaurants that do it. But then I
>> am not a fast food expert.
>>

> I'm not a fast food expert either, sf. I do remember a couple of places,
> I'm thinking back in the 1980's. They had salad bars. The salad bar was
> the same place where you also went to get the trimmings for the hamburger
> you just ordered. Dress it yourself. High class places. LOL

Wendy's had one. Some of the Burger Masters here have them but not the one
near me.

Julie Bove[_2_] 24-01-2015 05:29 AM

brooklyn1 24-01-2015 01:29 PM

Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSR magazine

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 21:10:57 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:58:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>One with a lot of cut up raw veggies and some canned beans.

>> Cut up raw veggies and canned beans makes a pretty poor salad, in my
>> opinion.
>>
>> In a *good* salad bar, you need protein - cheese, hard-boiled eggs,
>> and cold meats. You also should have a big assortment of greens -
>> various lettuces, spinach, watercress, sprouts, cabbage, etc.

>Well since I can't eat any of those protein things, they are of no interest
>to me. The green would be cut up veggies. Sprouts are generally not served
>anywhere here any more. Not safe to eat.
>>
>> A salad bar should also have things like pasta salad, potato salad,
>> and a cold quinoa or rice salad, as well as olives and antipasti. some
>> walnuts, cashews, and pine nuts would be nice, as well.

>Most of those are things I can't eat either.
>>
>> And, of course, a variety of dressings.

>I don't eat those either.

Obviously even a lousy salad bar would be wasted on the Bove... just
hand her a sack of rabbit pellets.

Michel Boucher[_3_] 24-01-2015 02:50 PM

Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSR magazine

Doris Night > wrote in
:

> In a *good* salad bar, you need protein - cheese, hard-boiled
> eggs, and cold meats. You also should have a big assortment of
> greens - various lettuces, spinach, watercress, sprouts,
> cabbage, etc.
>
> A salad bar should also have things like pasta salad, potato
> salad, and a cold quinoa or rice salad, as well as olives and
> antipasti. some walnuts, cashews, and pine nuts would be nice,
> as well.

For me, it depends what else I'm eating. If I can't have what I
want, the salad bar is useless.

If I am having a grilled steak, I will have potato salad and
spinach with a drizzle of olive oil. If they don't have potato
salad, I will settle for sliced tomato with olive oil and salt.

If I am having pasta, I prefer dark and light greens, cherry
tomatoes and olives with a drizzle of olive oil and rice vinegar.

At home, I make a salad with baby spinach, mandarin sections, cut
pieces of pecans and dark raisins with a drizzle of extra virgin
olive oil and rice vinegar (unseasoned).

A summertime salad is an avocado scooped out in pieces, cherry
tomatoes cut in halves, sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste,
extra virgin olive oil and rice vinegar.

You can't really make those at a salad bar. Not many offer
avocado (except Le Commensal in Montréal) or mandarin sections.

--

Socialism never took root in America because the
poor there see themselves not as an exploited

koko 24-01-2015 03:51 PM

wrote:

>On 1/23/2015 12:48 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:59:17 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Salad bars are passé. Also rather unsanitary. I, for one, don't want
>>> to select my food from anything that requires a sneeze guard.
>>>

>> They aren't as passe as you may think. Whole Foods has one in their
>> deli area. Another self-service island has do it yourself hot foods.
>> Both are sold by the pound.
>>

>Fast Food Restaurants, Whole Foods.
>
>Jill

Baron's Markets have salad bars also