Old 12-01-2015, 08:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This is how you should wake up!

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 07:56:40 -1000, dsi1
wrote:

My wife is getting a series of shots for hepatitis B. She had been
vaccinated 20 or so years ago. People were told back then that they
would be protected for life but when she and he co-workers were tested
they had zero antibodies. It was a very unexpected thing. Workers in the
medical field may want to have their titers checked.

Whoa! That's good to know.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Old 12-01-2015, 08:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
On 1/11/2015 2:54 PM, Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote in message
On 1/11/2015 9:48 AM, Kalmia wrote:

I guess my question was.....will you flip a coin to decide which to
attend?

One of them was my auntie so I gotta go to that one. The other was my
son's girlfriend's sister. My son has the harder decision to make.
He's the boyfriend - he has to be by his girlfriend's side. This was
the auntie that taught me how to make shoyu pork in the old school way.

My son's girlfriend's sister was 40 years old, they found her dead on
Christmas. She might have had a heart attack triggered by the flu.
Oddly enough, the CDC tracks the incidence of flu by an increase of
heart attacks. This has us scared straight - we ain't gonna be missing
our flu shots!

We had our shots, but still got a variation that wasn't covered. Having
said that, think of the other ones we might have got ...

My wife is getting a series of shots for hepatitis B. She had been
vaccinated 20 or so years ago. People were told back then that they would
be protected for life but when she and he co-workers were tested they had
zero antibodies. It was a very unexpected thing. Workers in the medical
field may want to have their titers checked.

I hope she has what she needs now???

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 13-01-2015, 12:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2015 11:18 AM, dsi1 wrote:
On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 3:51:39 AM UTC-10, George L wrote:
Today is my 65th Birthday (and I have the Medicare card to prove it) I
woke up at 6 AM and smelled something baking. Becca had gotten up before
5 AM and made me chocolate éclairs from scratch to have with my coffee.
My first day as an official Geezer is off to a wonderful start! With a
life this good, it will be hard for me to become a Grumpy Old Man!

Yesterday, my step-son and his wife took us out to dinner for the
occasion. We went he
http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/138 One of the best fringe benefits
of marrying Becca was becoming a step-father. I never had children and
my daughter=in-law calls me Dad... and I really like that.

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am.\

Normally I would, but I have to go to two funerals today. Both at 3 o'clock. It's a weird coincidence.

Saying goodbye is always hard.

When I was a toddler, my father hired a man named John, and my mother
and John's wife became friends. Like my dad, John worked for a few
months at a time without being able to come home, he worked in Africa
and Venezuela, mostly. John and his wife had two daughters and our
families were close. John came to my mom's funeral last year, and
sadly, last week, we went to John's funeral, he was the last surviving
member of our four parents. This closed a chapter in a good book.

Becca
Old 13-01-2015, 06:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
[...]

My biggest fear, before I retired from doing electrolysis, was catching
hepatitis. I am glad she was tested and she is getting the shots for hep B.

Becca
Old 13-01-2015, 10:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
[...]

Yes my doc told me that last year and I had the booster before I went
to Cuba.

Cuba? Cool! My wife has to take a 3 shot course over a 6 month period. I
had a flu shot today. I'm getting all the shots I can get!

Old 13-01-2015, 10:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

My wife is getting a series of shots for hepatitis B. She had been
vaccinated 20 or so years ago. People were told back then that they
would be protected for life but when she and he co-workers were tested
they had zero antibodies. It was a very unexpected thing. Workers in the
medical field may want to have their titers checked.

Whoa! That's good to know.

Well hopefully, the CDC has gotten wind of this.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
[...]

She's in the process and has gotten 2 shots so far. She gets the last
one in May. Thanks for the concern.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/13/2015 2:07 AM, Becca EmaNymton wrote:
[...]

Sounds like they lived a good life. That's something to be thankful for.
Living a life of no regrets would be the best we could ever hope to
achieve. Take care.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad too. This better mean that I'm getting some protection too! :-)
Old 14-01-2015, 11:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
[...]

We had the flu shots but managed to get one not covered. Having said that
though it wasn't as bad as I've had in the past. Still not pleasant
though.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

a wake up call [email protected] Vegan 0 11-03-2012 05:35 AM
WAKE UP! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 10 31-08-2009 03:10 PM
Wake up rfc!!! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 14 17-03-2009 07:24 PM
WAKE UP YOU BUMS!!! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 18 30-12-2008 07:41 PM
Wake-up tea toci Tea 17 23-09-2008 02:09 PM