Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Seafood Mold (dip or spread)

sf wrote:

> Want to hear another one? California dip!
> http://www.makinglifebetter.com/reci...california-dip

That's *still* my favorite dip. It was good then and it's good now. I
made this about 3 weeks ago. I don't use dip for chips often but when
I do, it's that one. I did change it a bit though, rather than plain
Lipton onion soup, I used Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > Want to hear another one? California dip!
> > http://www.makinglifebetter.com/reci.../the-famous-li
> > pton-california-dip

> That's still my favorite dip. It was good then and it's good now. I
> made this about 3 weeks ago. I don't use dip for chips often but when
> I do, it's that one. I did change it a bit though, rather than plain
> Lipton onion soup, I used Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix.
>
> G.

Same here. It's simple and good.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 07:01:36 -0500, Gary > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > Want to hear another one? California dip!
> > http://www.makinglifebetter.com/reci...california-dip

> That's *still* my favorite dip. It was good then and it's good now. I
> made this about 3 weeks ago. I don't use dip for chips often but when
> I do, it's that one. I did change it a bit though, rather than plain
> Lipton onion soup, I used Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix.

Now you've got me wanting some California dip. I haven't looked at
those products in so long I didn't even realize they have an
onion-mushroom mix. I have to remind myself that I don't need to make
an entire tub's worth, just take what I want and add an appropriate
amount of dry soup to it.

Switching to mac & cheese, I made a box of Kraft the other day and was
surprised by how *not* salty it was. Love their tiny fancy noodle
shapes... this box was either a micro-casarecce or micro-strozzapreti.
I should have saved one and looked it up.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/1/2015 10:42 AM, sf wrote:
> Switching to mac & cheese, I made a box of Kraft the other day and was
> surprised by how*not* salty it was. Love their tiny fancy noodle
> shapes... this box was either a micro-casarecce or micro-strozzapreti.
> I should have saved one and looked it up.

You can get fancy Kraft mac & cheese? I've never seen it with anything
other than plain old elbow macaroni. The Blue Box. Then again, I don't
really look for it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 15:42:22 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 1/1/2015 10:42 AM, sf wrote:
> > Switching to mac & cheese, I made a box of Kraft the other day and was
> > surprised by how*not* salty it was. Love their tiny fancy noodle
> > shapes... this box was either a micro-casarecce or micro-strozzapreti.
> > I should have saved one and looked it up.

> You can get fancy Kraft mac & cheese?

Apparently so! I found the box
http://c3.soap.com/images/products/p...ft-887b_1z.jpg

> I've never seen it with anything
> other than plain old elbow macaroni. The Blue Box. Then again, I don't
> really look for it.

You probably don't have a large enough under 10 population to merit
it, but I can even buy Sponge Bob Square Pants shaped noodles.
http://cdn-s3-2.wanelo.com/product/i...41738/x354.jpg

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/1/2015 6:02 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 15:42:22 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/1/2015 10:42 AM, sf wrote:
>>> Switching to mac & cheese, I made a box of Kraft the other day and was
>>> surprised by how*not* salty it was. Love their tiny fancy noodle
>>> shapes... this box was either a micro-casarecce or micro-strozzapreti.
>>> I should have saved one and looked it up.

>> You can get fancy Kraft mac & cheese?
>>

> Apparently so! I found the box
> http://c3.soap.com/images/products/p...ft-887b_1z.jpg
>
>> I've never seen it with anything
>> other than plain old elbow macaroni. The Blue Box. Then again, I don't
>> really look for it.

> You probably don't have a large enough under 10 population to merit
> it, but I can even buy Sponge Bob Square Pants shaped noodles.
> http://cdn-s3-2.wanelo.com/product/i...41738/x354.jpg

LOL I actually know who Sponge Bob Square Pants is. I'm sure there are
tons of kids in the area who are 10 or under. There are certainly
enough school buses around during the school year. Sure, I can see them
branching into the cartoon market.

Jill