Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Brie Soup

Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.

http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg

Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:01:39 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.
>
>http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg
>
>Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Brie soup, I like the sound of that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-12-31 8:16 PM, wrote:

>> Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.

http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg

>> Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

> Brie soup, I like the sound of that.

I am not supposed to eat soft cheeses. I have never been a really big
cheese eater, likely because I am lactose intolerant. When I look at the
way some people wolf down cheese I am left wondering why they go for it.
But... I love Brie and find it really hard to resist.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:57:38 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2014-12-31 8:16 PM, wrote:
>
>>> Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.

http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg

>>> Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

>> Brie soup, I like the sound of that.
>>

>I am not supposed to eat soft cheeses. I have never been a really big
>cheese eater,

I'm eating cheese on toast right now

>likely because I am lactose intolerant.

Why not get tested, even for curiosities sake? I did for wheat a few
years ago since I was being tested for allergens anyway (hay fever)
and I asked them to also test wheat, and my suspicions were confirmed.

>When I look at the
>way some people wolf down cheese I am left wondering why they go for it.
>But... I love Brie and find it really hard to resist.

How about camembert? Fairly similar. A rabbit or chicken camembert pie
is so delicious, as would one made from brie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:57:37 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-12-31 8:16 PM, wrote:
>
> >> Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.

http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg

> >> Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

> > Brie soup, I like the sound of that.
> >

> I am not supposed to eat soft cheeses. I have never been a really big
> cheese eater, likely because I am lactose intolerant. When I look at the
> way some people wolf down cheese I am left wondering why they go for it.
> But... I love Brie and find it really hard to resist.

If it is merely lactose intolerance, then a lactase supplement like Lactaid
will solve that.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-12-31 23:15, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg

>>> Brie soup, I like the sound of that.
>>>

>> I am not supposed to eat soft cheeses. I have never been a really big
>> cheese eater, likely because I am lactose intolerant. When I look at the
>> way some people wolf down cheese I am left wondering why they go for it.
>> But... I love Brie and find it really hard to resist.

> If it is merely lactose intolerance, then a lactase supplement like Lactaid
> will solve that.

True... but having dealt with the side effects of eating milks
products for years, I never developed an affinity for cheese, except for
Brie. I love that stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/31/2014 8:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:01:39 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.
>>
>> http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg
>>
>> Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

> Did they charge you extra for the croutons? An is that...
> microwaved?!?!?
>
> -sw

LOL I added the croutons. And yes, I heated the soup in the bowl
(medium-high) the microwave.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/31/2014 7:01 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.
>
> http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg
>
> Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!
>
> Jill

Looks yummy.

Happy and healthy new year, Jill.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/1/2015 1:57 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 12/31/2014 7:01 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.
>>
>> http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg
>>
>> Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!
>>
>> Jill

> Looks yummy.

It was quite tasty!

> Happy and healthy new year, Jill.

Thank you! The same to you.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/31/2014 8:16 PM, Jeßus wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:01:39 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.
>>
>> http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg
>>
>> Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

> Brie soup, I like the sound of that.

Seems to me I tasted it once before (many years ago).

I looked up some recipes and found a few but most are nothing like this
nice creamy cheese soup. Given the consistency, I'd say whatever
vegetables were added to the base were sauteed, then pureed. I'm
confident when I say are no mushrooms in this soup. Mushrooms seem to
pop up in searches for recipes for brie soup. Nope, no mushrooms.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 12/31/2014 8:16 PM, Jeßus wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:01:39 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.
> > >
> > > http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg
> > >
> > > Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

> > Brie soup, I like the sound of that.
> >

> Seems to me I tasted it once before (many years ago).
>
> I looked up some recipes and found a few but most are nothing like
> this nice creamy cheese soup. Given the consistency, I'd say
> whatever vegetables were added to the base were sauteed, then pureed.
> I'm confident when I say are no mushrooms in this soup. Mushrooms
> seem to pop up in searches for recipes for brie soup. Nope, no
> mushrooms.
>
> Jill

Hi Jill,

Here is a different one for you.

It makes about 4 cups soup.

1 cup small sliced potatoes, waxy types preferred
1 cup small diced eddo * (Japanese small taro)
2 cups deep chicken broth
3oz brie

* Taro has to be cooked to be edible. If cooked to the same level you
would eat a boiled potato, totally safe. Peel under running water or
with gloves if sensitive to it.

This is generally added to a small crockpot (the type that holds 5 cups
max and is fondue pot looking) with the cheese added after the rest is
just about ready. I use a small blender to smooth it out and then add
a few salad croutons on top.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 20:04:24 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/31/2014 8:16 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:01:39 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Another "I'm not a food photographer" pic.
>>>
>>> http://i61.tinypic.com/hvnd75.jpg
>>>
>>> Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

>> Brie soup, I like the sound of that.
>>

>Seems to me I tasted it once before (many years ago).
>
>I looked up some recipes and found a few but most are nothing like this
>nice creamy cheese soup. Given the consistency, I'd say whatever
>vegetables were added to the base were sauteed, then pureed. I'm
>confident when I say are no mushrooms in this soup. Mushrooms seem to
>pop up in searches for recipes for brie soup. Nope, no mushrooms.

I see no need for mushrooms to be an essential ingredient.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-01-02, Jeßus > wrote:

> I see no need for mushrooms to be an essential ingredient.

Ya' gotta add something, in there, to provide some much needed
flavor.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2 Jan 2015 20:26:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2015-01-02, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> I see no need for mushrooms to be an essential ingredient.

>Ya' gotta add something, in there, to provide some much needed
>flavor.

Sure, I should have mentioned substituting the mushrooms, say with
leeks or whatever floats your boat. Just doesnt necessarily have to be
mushrooms...