Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Seeds of Death

Here's a free video about the dangers of GMOs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUd9rRSLY4A

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 20, 2014 3:38:11 PM UTC-7, notbob wrote:
> Here's a free video about the dangers of GMOs:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUd9rRSLY4A
>
> nb

The GMOs are not so dangerous...but Monsanto's policies and practices could present some danger to your pocketbook when they sue for some infringement of patents. A carrot is a carrot even when it is GM...it isn't gonna harm you.
====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-11-21, Sqwertz > wrote:

> I'd rather pay for a video endorsing the use of GMO's. Got any of
> those?

Yer local sprmkt has about 40,000 items.....

Oh, wait!.... That's right. Unlike every other profit making
corporation on the planet, that go out and spend millions of
advertising dollars to make sure you know exactly who's product it is
and what it can do for you,
GMO companies don't want you to know anything at all about their
products. No proud branding, no labels, no test data, nothing. Jes
millions of dollars spent thwarting legislation and suppressing all
information. Must be working. Yer certainly clueless.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 21 Nov 2014 03:28:57 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> On 2014-11-21, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> > I'd rather pay for a video endorsing the use of GMO's. Got any of
> > those?

> Yer local sprmkt has about 40,000 items.....
>
> Oh, wait!.... That's right. Unlike every other profit making
> corporation on the planet, that go out and spend millions of
> advertising dollars to make sure you know exactly who's product it is
> and what it can do for you,
> GMO companies don't want you to know anything at all about their
> products. No proud branding, no labels, no test data, nothing. Jes
> millions of dollars spent thwarting legislation and suppressing all
> information. Must be working. Yer certainly clueless.

You expect freedom of information to be otherwise in Texas?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-11-21, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Watching all that non-GMO propaganda isn't doing anything for your
> sarcasm detector.

Yours are not exactly up to spec, Steve.

I will admit to being overwhelmed. So much, as you correctly note, propaganda
out there. Hard to find real facts with both pro and con
professionals weighing in with very emotional views.

Let's look at it from another point of view. Name one good thing GMO's
have provided. Also, ask yourself this: if Monsanto can patent life
(their seeds), how long before you, yourself, are owned by some
megacorp?

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-11-21 10:11 AM, notbob wrote:

> Let's look at it from another point of view. Name one good thing GMO's
> have provided. Also, ask yourself this: if Monsanto can patent life
> (their seeds), how long before you, yourself, are owned by some
> megacorp?

There have already been court cases over the patenting of human genes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-11-21, Sqwertz > wrote:

> They have helped the food supply keep up with the booming world
> population, keep that supply consistent, and have kept foods cheap
> enough for people to afford - especially when trying to feed large
> families on limited incomes. Without having to use large amounts of
> pesticides and herbicides that are proven to be more dangerous than
> the GMO crops themselves. They also allow crops to be grown in
> conditions that would otherwise not support them.

You are dead wrong on every point.

> And I have no interest in debating this topic with you and your
> newfound "knowledge" of the subject.

Why am I not surprised?

throb away....

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2014-11-21, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> They have helped the food supply keep up with the booming world
>> population, keep that supply consistent, and have kept foods cheap
>> enough for people to afford - especially when trying to feed large
>> families on limited incomes. Without having to use large amounts of
>> pesticides and herbicides that are proven to be more dangerous than
>> the GMO crops themselves. They also allow crops to be grown in
>> conditions that would otherwise not support them.

> You are dead wrong on every point.
>
>> And I have no interest in debating this topic with you and your
>> newfound "knowledge" of the subject.

> Why am I not surprised?
>
> throb away....

Here too nb:

The World According to Monsanto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_DbVdVo-k

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/21/2014 4:50 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Exactly the knee-jerk reaction I expected from you.

http://www.hungerisunacceptable.com/...tation-057.jpg

Now what is more humiliating than that bloated whale-ass carcass.

Free Sqwerty!

Or just toss him some cheese...