Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stuffed Poblano Peppers

After I had a wonderful meal of pork steak, I decided to use the
leftover pork to stuff into some beautiful poblano peppers.
The peppers were delicious served over rice with a bit of the sauce
spooned over them. Deeeelicious

I finely diced up some leftover cooked pork and added some sauteed
finely diced onion. I made a spicy sauce using a can of diced tomatoes
to which I added a finely diced clove of garlic, a pinch of red pepper
flakes, salt, a teaspoon of dried Mexican oregano and the juice of
half a lime. I hit all that with the immersion blender to break up the
tomato pieces.
I added a splash of the sauce to the pork mixture, just enough to
moisten it, then I added some finely diced Monterey Jack cheese. Stuff
that mixture generously into the roasted and peeled poblano peppers

Pour some of the sauce into the bottom of your baking dish, make sure
it's well covered. Place the peppers into the baking dish and bake in
a 350* oven until hot and bubbly.

https://flic.kr/p/p2rs6S

Yep with leftover veggies too. ;-)

Dang, I think I need to get my blog up and running again.

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Nov 2014 08:00:13 -0800, koko > wrote:

> After I had a wonderful meal of pork steak, I decided to use the
> leftover pork to stuff into some beautiful poblano peppers.
> The peppers were delicious served over rice with a bit of the sauce
> spooned over them. Deeeelicious
>
> I finely diced up some leftover cooked pork and added some sauteed
> finely diced onion. I made a spicy sauce using a can of diced tomatoes
> to which I added a finely diced clove of garlic, a pinch of red pepper
> flakes, salt, a teaspoon of dried Mexican oregano and the juice of
> half a lime. I hit all that with the immersion blender to break up the
> tomato pieces.
> I added a splash of the sauce to the pork mixture, just enough to
> moisten it, then I added some finely diced Monterey Jack cheese. Stuff
> that mixture generously into the roasted and peeled poblano peppers
>
> Pour some of the sauce into the bottom of your baking dish, make sure
> it's well covered. Place the peppers into the baking dish and bake in
> a 350* oven until hot and bubbly.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/p2rs6S
>
> Yep with leftover veggies too. ;-)
>
> Dang, I think I need to get my blog up and running again.
>
> koko

Thank you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 7, 2014 6:00:22 AM UTC-10, koko wrote:
> After I had a wonderful meal of pork steak, I decided to use the
> leftover pork to stuff into some beautiful poblano peppers.
> The peppers were delicious served over rice with a bit of the sauce
> spooned over them. Deeeelicious
>
> I finely diced up some leftover cooked pork and added some sauteed
> finely diced onion. I made a spicy sauce using a can of diced tomatoes
> to which I added a finely diced clove of garlic, a pinch of red pepper
> flakes, salt, a teaspoon of dried Mexican oregano and the juice of
> half a lime. I hit all that with the immersion blender to break up the
> tomato pieces.
> I added a splash of the sauce to the pork mixture, just enough to
> moisten it, then I added some finely diced Monterey Jack cheese. Stuff
> that mixture generously into the roasted and peeled poblano peppers
>
> Pour some of the sauce into the bottom of your baking dish, make sure
> it's well covered. Place the peppers into the baking dish and bake in
> a 350* oven until hot and bubbly.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/p2rs6S
>
> Yep with leftover veggies too. ;-)
>
> Dang, I think I need to get my blog up and running again.
>
> koko
>
> --
>
> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
> James Beard

I made some shredded pork recently. Some of it was used for enchiladas and a few days later I made a tamale pie. I don't care for the name "tamale pie" because it's just shredded pork with cornbread but my wife said it tastes like a tamale so tamale pie it is. OTOH, I like your idea of stuffing peppers better. Next time I will make it so.