Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bear with me for awhile. . .

I was having problems with Agent (6) so I decided to upgrade to Agent
8. Agent 8 didn't remove 6, so I have this weird posting thing going
on. I just hope that I don't have to uninstall both versions and
re-install 8 to get a clean program running. (This is why I make
gallons of kahlua. It is my "medicine" when I am having computer
problems. If my husband sees me drinking kahlua at the computer he
knows to back away silently and no joshing around trying to get me in
a better humor.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 3:21:58 PM UTC-5, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> I was having problems with Agent (6) so I decided to upgrade to Agent
> 8. Agent 8 didn't remove 6, so I have this weird posting thing going
> on. I just hope that I don't have to uninstall both versions and
> re-install 8 to get a clean program running. (This is why I make
> gallons of kahlua. It is my "medicine" when I am having computer
> problems. If my husband sees me drinking kahlua at the computer he
> knows to back away silently and no joshing around trying to get me in
> a better humor.
> Janet US

La Bove will be along any moment now with her version of similar problems.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 13:21:56 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> I was having problems with Agent (6) so I decided to upgrade to Agent
> 8. Agent 8 didn't remove 6, so I have this weird posting thing going
> on. I just hope that I don't have to uninstall both versions and
> re-install 8 to get a clean program running. (This is why I make
> gallons of kahlua. It is my "medicine" when I am having computer
> problems. If my husband sees me drinking kahlua at the computer he
> knows to back away silently and no joshing around trying to get me in
> a better humor.
> Janet US

That's weird. Did you reboot? If so, go to Programs & Features and
remove v6 manually - reboot if you need to. You may have to do a
clean reinstall. With any luck your new 8 will find your old 6 and
use your settings from that. I haven't upgraded because I really,
really, really hate the process of crippling it back to the way I want
it just to have the one or two not so new features.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 17:43:08 -0400, wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 13:21:56 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>

>>I was having problems with Agent (6) so I decided to upgrade to Agent
>>8. Agent 8 didn't remove 6, so I have this weird posting thing going
>>on. I just hope that I don't have to uninstall both versions and
>>re-install 8 to get a clean program running. (This is why I make
>>gallons of kahlua. It is my "medicine" when I am having computer
>>problems. If my husband sees me drinking kahlua at the computer he
>>knows to back away silently and no joshing around trying to get me in
>>a better humor.
>>Janet US

>Your best bet is to ask at a.u.offline-reader.forte-agent - they have
>MVPs there who answer questions, in fact, I believe someone else asked
>that just recently when 8 came out.

I agree that the site is excellent. Ralph Fox always give good
instructions. You might try reading at least the questions, skip the
answers unless they are pertinent to your problem.

When you ask the question, explain what you did and what is going
wrong.

I have learned after many years with Agent and other programs that I
make a backup copy of my Agent directory and then upgrade. If it gets
messed up I can start over.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 13:21:56 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

>I was having problems with Agent (6) so I decided to upgrade to Agent
>8. Agent 8 didn't remove 6, so I have this weird posting thing going
>on. I just hope that I don't have to uninstall both versions and
>re-install 8 to get a clean program running. (This is why I make
>gallons of kahlua. It is my "medicine" when I am having computer
>problems. If my husband sees me drinking kahlua at the computer he
>knows to back away silently and no joshing around trying to get me in
>a better humor.
>Janet US

You can install multiple copies of Agent on the same computer, so just
reinstall v6 if you like. I haven't really 'installed' Agent in a long
time - I just copy and paste the Agent folders from computer to
another, run the exe file and away it goes, exactly where I last left
off.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 3:21:58 PM UTC-5, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> I was having problems with Agent (6) so I decided to upgrade to Agent
>> 8. Agent 8 didn't remove 6, so I have this weird posting thing going
>> on. I just hope that I don't have to uninstall both versions and
>> re-install 8 to get a clean program running. (This is why I make
>> gallons of kahlua. It is my "medicine" when I am having computer
>> problems. If my husband sees me drinking kahlua at the computer he
>> knows to back away silently and no joshing around trying to get me in
>> a better humor.
>> Janet US

> La Bove will be along any moment now with her version of similar problems.

What? I don't use Agent!