Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lobster pot pie

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle21369825/

or: http://tiny.cc/5dzlox
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I didn't view it, but that sure sounds like MY kinda meal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 31/10/2014 1:31 PM, Kalmia wrote:

> I didn't view it, but that sure sounds like MY kinda meal.

The instructions are very simple.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/31/2014 2:08 PM, graham wrote:
> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle21369825/
>

> or: http://tiny.cc/5dzlox

For me, it would be a waste of a good lobster. I'm a purist. Just
steam it and serve it to me.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 31, 2014 1:08:02 PM UTC-6, graham wrote:
> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle21369825/
>
> or: http://tiny.cc/5dzlox

Got no "prairie lobsters"...any substitutions that might work for us sod-busters?

===

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:26:10 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

> On 10/31/2014 2:08 PM, graham wrote:
> > http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle21369825/
> >

> > or: http://tiny.cc/5dzlox

> For me, it would be a waste of a good lobster. I'm a purist. Just
> steam it and serve it to me.

Agree, but I'd rather have mine (Australian lobster tail) broiled or
grilled.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-31 5:14 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:

>> Nah, as a maritimer, lobbie unadulterated rocks
>>

> And the Atlantic Provinces have great lobsters! Been there and ate many
> of them.
>
> Actually went to the Lobster Festival parade in Shediac, New Brunswick
> one year. I think we were the only English-speakers there, but we had
> so much fun.
>
> Went to another lobster festival in Nova Scotia

I never used to understand the attraction to lobster. It used to be a
heck of a lot more expensive than it is now and the only times I had it
the stuff was dry, tough and flavourless. Then we went to the east
coast. I tried lobster in Bar Harbor and it was incredible. I had it a
few more times in Maine, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. All were so
much better than any I had had here. I think they must have cooked the
daylights out of it here.

I have not bothered to buy it in a restaurant here since then, but I
have had cooked some at home. It is good stuff. Still... for the money,
I would rather have shrimp.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:57:22 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:26:10 -0500, Janet Wilder >
>wrote:
>
>> On 10/31/2014 2:08 PM, graham wrote:
>> > http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle21369825/
>> >

>> > or: http://tiny.cc/5dzlox

>> For me, it would be a waste of a good lobster. I'm a purist. Just
>> steam it and serve it to me.

>Agree, but I'd rather have mine (Australian lobster tail) broiled or
>grilled.

IF WHAT YOU EAT ARE LOBSTER TAILS YOU ARE DEFINITLY AFFLICTED WITH
CHRONIC TIAD. Lobster tails are frozen, frozen shellfish is shit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 31/10/2014 2:26 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 10/31/2014 2:08 PM, graham wrote:
>> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle21369825/
>>

>> or: http://tiny.cc/5dzlox

> For me, it would be a waste of a good lobster. I'm a purist. Just
> steam it and serve it to me.

I love lobster but whenever I've had lobster dinners in Nova Scotia, for
some reason my lips are sore afterwards. It's the only allergic reaction
I have to anything, except alcohol, which makes me a bit dizzy if I
drink too much:-)
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-31, Janet Wilder > wrote:

> For me, it would be a waste of a good lobster. I'm a purist. Just
> steam it and serve it to me.

Believe it or not, Black Angus usta do lobster to die for. It was
only $17 and came with salad, side, potato, and small stk. The thing
that caught my attention, though, was the consistency. I could go to
any NorCal BA, from Sacto to Frisco, and get a perfectly broiled
lobster tail, every single time. I usta go to other notable seafood
restos in the SFBA and get crap. Only BA could deliver a perfectly
cooked lobster every time. Then they spoiled it by upping the price
to almost $30. Plus, I go laid off. 8|

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 31, 2014 4:14:02 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:33:11 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, October 31, 2014 1:08:02 PM UTC-6, graham wrote:
> >> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle21369825/
> >>
> >> or: http://tiny.cc/5dzlox

> >Got no "prairie lobsters"...any substitutions that might work for us sod-busters?
> >
> >===

> Prairie oysters ??

Not the same my dear...not the same. What about clams?...would that work? Guess I'll have to experiment.
===
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in news:XaT4w.545399
:

> I never used to understand the attraction to lobster. It used to be a
> heck of a lot more expensive than it is now and the only times I had it
> the stuff was dry, tough and flavourless. Then we went to the east
> coast. I tried lobster in Bar Harbor and it was incredible. I had it a
> few more times in Maine, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. All were so
> much better than any I had had here. I think they must have cooked the
> daylights out of it here.
>
> I have not bothered to buy it in a restaurant here since then, but I
> have had cooked some at home. It is good stuff. Still... for the money,
> I would rather have shrimp.

http://www.omgfacts.com/lists/10489/...soners-in-the-
1800s-was-considered-cruel-and-unusual-punishment
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 31/10/2014 2:26 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> On 10/31/2014 2:08 PM, graham wrote:
>>> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle21369825/
>>>

>>> or: http://tiny.cc/5dzlox

>> For me, it would be a waste of a good lobster. I'm a purist. Just
>> steam it and serve it to me.
>>

> I love lobster but whenever I've had lobster dinners in Nova Scotia, for
> some reason my lips are sore afterwards. It's the only allergic reaction I
> have to anything, except alcohol, which makes me a bit dizzy if I drink
> too much:-)

Gosh, you too eh?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 1, 2014 5:39:53 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:29:17 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, October 31, 2014 4:14:02 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> >> Prairie oysters ??

> >Not the same my dear...not the same. What about clams?...would that work? Guess I'll have to experiment.
> >===

> Thinking about it, there really is no sub for lobster, it's unique.
> There is some fake stuff generally made from pollock flavoured with
> lobster or crab, not even decent for sandwich making.

That imitation lobster is nasty. So is imitation crab, and the only reasonable
use for pollock is for making cheap fish sticks that are mostly breading
anyway, and are only palatable when doused heavily with lemon juice (or malt
vinegar if you like that).

I had my first raw oyster a few days ago. I guess I'd be willing to eat them
if they were super cheap, but they aren't, so it will probably be my last one.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 14:01:27 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

> I had my first raw oyster a few days ago. I guess I'd be willing to eat them
> if they were super cheap, but they aren't, so it will probably be my last one.

Make them your starter when you're (BBQ oysters are a West Coast
thing). That way you can still eat oysters, but you won't need as
many as you'd need if they were the main event.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.