Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My Latest Toy

This machine is sitting on my kitchen counter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291272773972?orig_cvip=true

It runs just fine at 12,000 RPM. That's fast
enough for my purposes. This is a seriously
powerful machine. Brinkmann once caught some
flack for running an ad that showed one of their
homogenizers and a beaker of a milky liquid.
The caption was 30 Seconds Ago This Was A Mouse.

My homogenizer could do that, though I have far
less ambitious plans for it.

You know how if you try to puree a red bell
pepper with a blender, it always ends up grainy?
This machine will break up cell nuclei,
mitochondria, and chloroplasts (if any). This
is what you use if you want to break cells down
to extract all of their DNA. This can do things
you can't do with a blender.

The equivalent Brinkmann today costs $8000, so
I think I got a good deal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:02:26 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

> This machine is sitting on my kitchen counter.
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/291272773972?orig_cvip=true
>
> It runs just fine at 12,000 RPM. That's fast
> enough for my purposes. This is a seriously
> powerful machine. Brinkmann once caught some
> flack for running an ad that showed one of their
> homogenizers and a beaker of a milky liquid.
> The caption was 30 Seconds Ago This Was A Mouse.
>
> My homogenizer could do that, though I have far
> less ambitious plans for it.
>
> You know how if you try to puree a red bell
> pepper with a blender, it always ends up grainy?
> This machine will break up cell nuclei,
> mitochondria, and chloroplasts (if any). This
> is what you use if you want to break cells down
> to extract all of their DNA. This can do things
> you can't do with a blender.
>
> The equivalent Brinkmann today costs $8000, so
> I think I got a good deal.

Are you so alone that you have nothing else to do with your money?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:15:48 PM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:02:26 -0800, Mark Thorson wrote:
>
> > This machine is sitting on my kitchen counter.
> > http://www.ebay.com/itm/291272773972?orig_cvip=true

> Whatever it is or was, it doesn't show in the site any longer.

It's there. Scroll down

Mouse over image to zoom

C111972-Brinkmann-Kinematica-Polytron-PT3000-PT-MR3000-Digital-Lab-Homogenizer
C111972-Brinkmann-Kinematica-Polytron-PT3000-PT-MR3000-Digital-Lab-Homogenizer
C111972-Brinkmann-Kinematica-Polytron-PT3000-PT-MR3000-Digital-Lab-Homogenizer
C111972-Brinkmann-Kinematica-Polytron-PT3000-PT-MR3000-Digital-Lab-Homogenizer

Have one to sell? Sell now
Details about C111972 Brinkmann Kinematica Polytron PT3000 PT-MR3000 Digital Lab Homogenizer

Seller information
outback6 (39305 ) About outback6
99.9% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
Visit sto
Outback Equipment ...
See other items
Item Information
Item condition:
For parts or not working

"Blows fuses at higher speeds."
Ended:
Oct 27, 2014 10/27, 4:36PM
Winning bid:
US $202.50
[ 2 bids ]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:02:26 -0800, Mark Thorson wrote:
>
>> This machine is sitting on my kitchen counter.
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/291272773972?orig_cvip=true

> Whatever it is or was, it doesn't show in the site any longer.
>
>> My homogenizer could do that, though I have far
>> less ambitious plans for it.
>>
>> You know how if you try to puree a red bell
>> pepper with a blender, it always ends up grainy?
>> This machine will break up cell nuclei,
>> mitochondria, and chloroplasts (if any). This
>> is what you use if you want to break cells down
>> to extract all of their DNA. This can do things
>> you can't do with a blender.

> I take it you're still working on your designer hallucinogenic grown
> from mutated fruit flies?

I can fix you up with the fruit flies!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-31, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Whatever it is or was, it doesn't show in the site any longer.

Scroll down, numbnuts.

> I take it you're still working on your designer hallucinogenic grown
> from mutated fruit flies?

If not him, then who?

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-31, Mark Thorson > wrote:

> You know how if you try to puree a red bell
> pepper with a blender, it always ends up grainy?

I did not know that!

> This machine will break up cell nuclei, mitochondria, and
> chloroplasts (if any). This is what you use if you want to break
> cells down to extract all of their DNA. This can do things you
> can't do with a blender.

I barely use my blender.

> The equivalent Brinkmann today costs $8000, so
> I think I got a good deal.

In that case.... Hell, Ida purchased it, too, and I don't even have a
good use for it.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>This machine is sitting on my kitchen counter.
>
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/291272773972?orig_cvip=true
>
>It runs just fine at 12,000 RPM. That's fast
>enough for my purposes. This is a seriously
>powerful machine. Brinkmann once caught some
>flack for running an ad that showed one of their
>homogenizers and a beaker of a milky liquid.
>The caption was 30 Seconds Ago This Was A Mouse.
>
>My homogenizer could do that, though I have far
>less ambitious plans for it.
>
>You know how if you try to puree a red bell
>pepper with a blender, it always ends up grainy?
>This machine will break up cell nuclei,
>mitochondria, and chloroplasts (if any). This
>is what you use if you want to break cells down
>to extract all of their DNA. This can do things
>you can't do with a blender.
>
>The equivalent Brinkmann today costs $8000, so
>I think I got a good deal.

That would be great for fetus removal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:17:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:02:26 -0800, Mark Thorson wrote:
>>
>>> This machine is sitting on my kitchen counter.
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/291272773972?orig_cvip=true

>> Whatever it is or was, it doesn't show in the site any longer.
>>
>>> My homogenizer could do that, though I have far
>>> less ambitious plans for it.
>>>
>>> You know how if you try to puree a red bell
>>> pepper with a blender, it always ends up grainy?
>>> This machine will break up cell nuclei,
>>> mitochondria, and chloroplasts (if any). This
>>> is what you use if you want to break cells down
>>> to extract all of their DNA. This can do things
>>> you can't do with a blender.

>> I take it you're still working on your designer hallucinogenic grown
>> from mutated fruit flies?

>I can fix you up with the fruit flies!

You're gonna mail your used panties? LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> He bought a broken homogenizer. I kinda doubt that's worth $8,000
> new.

It has a worn bearing in the dispersing tool,
which limits the speed to about 12,000 RPM.
It works fine at that speed.

The successor model is the 3100, which Fisher
sells for $6387. It uses the same dispersing
tool, which is $1867.

There's a more recent model on eBay for $1200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291280708187

I believe that machine is a little over 5 years
old. It comes with two dispersing tools, so
the equivalent equipment new would cost about
$10,000. That looks like it comes with a
12 mm and a 20 mm tool, which are exactly what
you'd want for culinary purposes. I only have
the 12 mm tool.

Latest investment tip Gill Smith General Cooking 0 30-06-2009 09:20 PM
my latest discovery krom Diabetic 10 14-01-2008 08:51 PM
Latest Brisket try.... 43fan Barbecue 3 02-10-2006 01:23 PM
Latest Tsunami! fairy Tea 5 15-02-2006 04:32 PM
Latest on Ophelia limey General Cooking 1 08-09-2005 04:49 PM