Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I've been asked to cook!

On 9/27/2014 4:37 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/27/2014 4:58 PM, Becca EmaNymton wrote:
>

>> Happy people may not spread the word, but unhappy people do. I had one
>> business for 32 years, and another business for 25. I tried to make my
>> customers and my employees happy, good employees are not easy to find
>> and I treasured them every day.
>>
>> Becca
>>

> I read that in studies they found that happy customers tell one or two
> people about their experience but unhappy people tell 10 or more. Just
> look here at the number of threads complimenting versus complaining.

Ed, those studies sound legit enough to me.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Limburger, Bacon and Braunschweiger Sandwich

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:01:17 -0500, Dave W >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>
><snip>
>> >
>> >https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>> >
>> >It's fine limburger if you let it age until near it's expiration date.
>> >If you buy it young then you have to store it for a couple-few months.
>> >I don't find it any better or worse than the imported Halali
>> >Bayerisher(sp?) that I sometimes get.
>> >
>> >The only "Amish" limburger I know of is a cheese spread. Kraft bought
>> >the Mohawk Valley brand and then ditched it a couple years later.
>> >Both Mohawk Valley and "Amish Country Limburger Spread" are/were made
>> >by William's Cheese Company in Michigan (who processes it into
>> >spread), and they get their cheese from Chalet Cheese Co-op - same
>> >cheese as above.
>> >
>> >-sw

>> A friend would put the limburger in a jar and keep the jar in the
>> cabinet above the stove until the cheese was soft and almost runny.
>> That's when she ate it.
>> The Wisconsin limburger used to be excellent back in the 70s. Well,
>> all the Wisconsin cheese was excellent. Then Kraft or somebody
>> started buying up the cheese factories and all the cheese became
>> awful.
>> Janet US

>I don't think Wisconsin limburger is capable of ripening. Its like the
>Twinkies of cheeses. It may last for decades without refrigeration. ;-)
>
>Dave W.

It used to, but I agree with you on the current cheese.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 19:51:18 -0500, Dave W >
wrote:
snip
>If it is still available I may have to try the Spread. I think there
>used to be a few places that sold it on line.
>
>Regards,
>Dave W.

I was gifted the spread and I would not recommend it.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 22:41:08 -0600, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:01:17 -0500, Dave W >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I don't think Wisconsin limburger is capable of ripening. Its like the
>>>Twinkies of cheeses. It may last for decades without refrigeration. ;-)
>>>

>> It used to, but I agree with you on the current cheese.

> The Wisconsin limburger used the same process and bacteria as any
> other traditional limburger. The process has not been cheapened.
>
> BTW: The FDA has rescinded it's proposed enforcement of not using
> wooden boards for cheese aging, which otherwise would have meant the
> end of domestic limburger. The bacteria-laden boards are crucial to
> limburger production.

Good! I think in a case like that, they should just be required to slap a
sticker on there that says something akin to eat at your own risk and then
explain what possible, even if remote risk there might be.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave W > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 22:19:16 -0500, Dave W wrote:
>>

> <snip>
>> >>
>> > So, Steve, where are you getting your limburger? The last palatable
>> > American limburger I had was made in Penna, by Amish, I think. But
>> > that was a few decades ago. I don't think of the stuff made in
>> > Wisconsin to be good at all. Are you buying imported cheese or
>> > what?

>> From Wisconsin, I'm pretty sure this is just another name for the
>> brand from the Chalet Cheese Co-Op. They just keep packaging it
>> under different labels.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...tostream/light
>> box/
>>
>> It's fine limburger if you let it age until near it's expiration
>> date. If you buy it young then you have to store it for a couple-few
>> months. I don't find it any better or worse than the imported Halali
>> Bayerisher(sp?) that I sometimes get.
>>

> I'm pretty sure you are correct. I'm used to finding it labelled
> "Country Castle." It keeps forever when refrigerated ... I let it sit
> out in a glass jar for days and even then it seemed not to ripen
> regardless of its "expiration date."
>
>> The only "Amish" limburger I know of is a cheese spread. Kraft
>> bought the Mohawk Valley brand and then ditched it a couple years
>> later. Both Mohawk Valley and "Amish Country Limburger Spread"
>> are/were made by William's Cheese Company in Michigan (who processes
>> it into spread), and they get their cheese from Chalet Cheese Co-op -
>> same cheese as above.
>>
>> -sw

> If it is still available I may have to try the Spread. I think there
> used to be a few places that sold it on line.
>
> Regards,
> Dave W.

I really miss the Nohawk Valley brand. I love limburger - got the gene
from my gramdmother! Haven't seen limberger of any brand anywhere locally
since Fraft dumped it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 21:32:41 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> The three phases of limburger

> Omelet wrote:
>
>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking