Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I've been asked to cook!

" > wrote:

>>> You stirred the pancake batter with your hands and sunk them in the bowl
>>> all the way up to your elbows????

>> No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which is
>> what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of the
>> bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to do, the
>> egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.
>>

> Don't slam the egg on the flat surface, just a good tap will do it, but
> I've never gotten shells into batter when I crack them on the side of the
> bowl. If you've not gotten shells in your batter in the past by breaking
> them on the edge of the bowl, go back to that method. Some people even
> use the back of a dinner knife to break the egg.

I've recently started doing it with a knife. It works great when the bowl
you're using doesn't have a hard enough edge to crack the egg
appropriately.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Ever since my daughter was born, I have been trying to get her to eat
> breakfast. But she just never wanted to. She does eat. Just not very
> much. For the longest time she would only eat baby carrots. After that
> it might be a piece of cheese or a pack of apples. Not unhealthy food.
> But if I did actually cook something, it would go uneaten and I would
> eventually get tossed out or maybe put in the freezer where she might
> find it and eat it for dinner if she didn't like what I was fixing.
>
> But I was explaining to her today that now that she has her own car, this
> will free up a lot more of my time to cook. And since I have been
> cleaning out things, I have some food that I am fixing to use up.
> Including some whole wheat pancake mix and some eggs. Plus that little
> bit of excess bacon that I still have.
>
> So imagine my surprise when she said to me, "Well, since you're still up
> when I get up... Why don't you make me breakfast?" I thought at first
> she was joking. So I said, "You mean like pancakes or something?" And
> her eyes lit up. Then I asked about eggs and bacon. And yes, she wants me to cook!

Sounds more like a command to make her breakfast than being asked. She
says jump, you ask how high.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 12:41 PM, jinx the minx wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>
>> So imagine my surprise when she said to me, "Well, since you're still up
>> when I get up... Why don't you make me breakfast?" I thought at first
>> she was joking. So I said, "You mean like pancakes or something?" And
>> her eyes lit up. Then I asked about eggs and bacon. And yes, she wants me to cook!
>>

> Sounds more like a command to make her breakfast than being asked. She
> says jump, you ask how high.

That's pretty much it. Don't forget, this is the meal-on-demand family.

Not long ago she was waxing rhapsodic about how her daughter figured out
how to make scrambled eggs. To me, that means she can make her own
breakfast. The bacon is already cooked, she said so. So, reheat in the
microwave and scramble an egg or two. Can't take more than 5 minutes,
10 tops.

I can't wait to hear how her daughter ate those pancakes once then
suddenly refused to eat them again. Please stand by.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-09-20 10:38 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> I only remember one guy in HS whose parents gave him a car. But then,
> he was a spoiled, indulged "jock" football player (who, AFAIK, did not
> go on to some big football career). I had to work and buy my own car.
> So did my brothers.

There were a few kids in our high school who had their own cars. Some
worked to buy their cars and some drove their parents' cars. Only one or
two kids had cars bought for them.

> Not long ago she was extolling the fact her daughter learned how to make
> scrambled eggs. How the f* long does that take? She might have to get
> up 10 minutes earlier. Wow.

Scramble eggs are so tough to cook. When I was 14 I cooked a turkey
dinner when my grandmother and my aunt came to visit with my mother in
the hospital. My aunt helped with the gravy but I had done the rest.

> I'm surprised she hasn't trotted out the old "she has no interest in
> cooking" chestnut. Nope, she expects someone to do *everything* for
> her. Good luck with that when she finally gets out in the real world.

There doesn't seem to be much of a real world with that family. It is a
vortex of lies and confusion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 10:56:15 AM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/20/2014 11:12 AM, Gary wrote:
>
> > Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> My daughter and I both leave at 6:15. I get up at 5:30, but she gets up

> >> at 4:30. Most women overdo the makeup thing, IMO. Glad my wife doesn't.

> >> I don't want a mouth full of chemicals when I kiss her.

> > I dated a women that overdid the makeup bigtime for a couple of years.

> > Her entire face had base coat and top coat....whatever they call it.

> > Every time I kissed her, I was kissing powder and chemicals, etc. It

> > was not nice.

> > And she didn't really need all that either to look "pretty."

> My middle brother was once madly in love with a woman who looked like
>
> she slathered that stuff on with a trowel. Ugh!

This is certainly not a makeup-free face, and who knows how many years ago
that was taken.
http://recfoodcooking.com/mug/shot/Jill%20McQuown.jpg
Now that you're an old lady, I bet you glob it on even more.
Not to worry though, as there's not much getting kissed going on anyway.

> Jill

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 11:36:45 AM UTC-5, Chemo wrote:
> On Friday, September 19, 2014 4:38:30 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:

> > > A hour?! I can shit, shower, shave and still make something for breakfast.

> > > And feed the dog!! And...make my lunch!!

> > And does that leave you time to dry and straighten your hair, curl your

> > eyelashes, apply makeup and assorted facial products? I thought not.

> Christ! What does she do...a hooker??

Like anyone would pay to have sex with such a fat girl.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 8:57:34 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Chemo wrote:
>

> > Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

> I can't believe they bought her a car as soon as she turned 16 and got
>
> her driver's license. How many people here had that perk?

Julie wants her to get fatter and fatter. Walking burns off precious
calories that might otherwise be stored as fat.

> Certainly not me.

I didn't get a driver license until I was 22, and I drove a vehicle that
belonged to my parent exactly once, to take the driving test. I only did
it because at the time, Missouri did not have a motorcycle only license,
and I'd gotten a ticket for riding my mini bike on the street.

> G.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2014 10:25 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> What you have instead is a severe case of hypochondriasis accompanied
> by multiple phobias and anxiety disorder.
>
> -sw

Dr. Squishy has pronounced a diagnosis, yeesh!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 4:10 AM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> Julie, you inspire, and indeed invite maltreatment.

I suspect that for you it wouldn't take much of an invitation anyway...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill, nobody told her she wasn't supposed to smash the eggshell so hard the contents would leap up
and splash her! I can't imagine that scenario at all. Just a light tap on a hard surface does it.
Honestly, I am always amazed at the stories she comes up with. Or how she learned how to do
anything in the kitchen other than eat.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 11:06 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Scramble eggs are so tough to cook.

Not at all.

Mix the eggs with a whisk, a little 1/2&1/2 and a dash of salt until
well-aerated.

Then heat a non stick pan on medium low, melt a pat of butter and swirl
it all over the pan, lower the heat to low.

Add the eggs and allow to spread out in a uniform manner.

After roughly a minute gently lift with a silicone spatula from center out.

Swirl remaining loose egg mixture around the pan.

Turn the heat off and use the spatula to gently fold the eggs over until
all sides have just barely solidified.

Break up gently into smaller pieces and plate.

They key is keeping the eggs slightly undercooked and letting them
finish on the plate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 11:07 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I don't really mind a mouth full of chemicals when I kiss your wife.
>
> -sw <ducking>

You are a complete low life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 11:15 AM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> Now that you're an old lady, I bet you glob it on even more.
> Not to worry though, as there's not much getting kissed going on anyway.

Dude, you are just hateful!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 2:35 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Jill, nobody told her she wasn't supposed to smash the eggshell so hard the contents would leap up
> and splash her! I can't imagine that scenario at all. Just a light tap on a hard surface does it.
> Honestly, I am always amazed at the stories she comes up with. Or how she learned how to do
> anything in the kitchen other than eat.
>
> N.

LOL! I've cracked eggshells on the countertop, absolutely. I most
often crack them against the lip of a bowl. I certainly didn't change
my method at the behest of some TV chef who said one way was better than
the other. Eggs are one of the simplest foods on the planet.

All it takes is a light crack of the shell. Then pull the shell apart
with your fingers and drop in the egg.

Therein lies the problem. She [allegedly] can't touch eggs. The
suggestion she buy disposable gloves if she can't touch eggs or whatever
was rejected in the past.

I'm thinking her daughter should just make her own breakfast. She knows
how to cook scrambled eggs. Julie told us so. Julie also buys
pre-cooked bacon so all the girl has to do is put it in the microwave
and heat it up. But as long as her mother is still awake, might as well
say "cook for me". Julie can pretend she's being asked but I really
don't think so.

Maybe Julie should think about sleeping at *night* like most people do.
Why is she on the night-shift?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:41:28 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>> <Piggybacking due to killfile, but I can't resist pointing out the
>> faulty medical science here>
>>
>> What you're describing is clearly a allergic reaction. But you are
>> always quick to say that you're not allergic to eggs (and most other
>> foods), just "intolerant").
>>
>> News Flash: Food intolerances are only effective during the digestive
>> process - when you eat them. Not when you get them on your skin.
>> They are two completely different physiological processes.
>>
>> What you have instead is a severe case of hypochondriasis accompanied
>> by multiple phobias and anxiety disorder.

>That's simply not true. I get a rash from oat products on my skin and also
>from almond oil. And when my daughter eats something with peanut oil she
>gets a weird, seepy nose bleed. It's like watery and keeps going for a
>couple of hours but it is tinged with blood. She also had extreme scalp
>problems when I was using two different shampoos on her when she was little.
>One contained wheat and the other contained something else. I want to say
>soy but not sure. I thought at first that she had head lice because she was
>scratching at her scalp so much. The roots had little bloody spots on them.
>All because I was using things that she was intolerant to on her head! This
>was before I knew that we needed to totally avoid these things. I switched
>her to a different shampoo and the problems went away.

Have yoose two ever considered making an appointment with a good
Veterinarian... yoose have critter's diseases... probably mange.
http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/...arcoptic_mange
And you both should be wormed... bathed and groomed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

>It used to take me 2 hours to get ready.
>Now I have a wash and wear style.
>This is my hair. This is how it's gonna be.

Look he
http://www.furminator.com/products.aspx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 03:10:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 19, 2014 6:38:30 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

>> > A hour?! I can shit, shower, shave and still make something for breakfast.

>> > And feed the dog!! And...make my lunch!!

>> And does that leave you time to dry and straighten your hair, curl your
>>
>> eyelashes, apply makeup and assorted facial products? I thought not.

>Whatever she does to her hair and face, the first thing anyone sees is
>*fat girl*. No 16 YO girl needs makeup. Nothing will compensate for the
>parental neglect that allowed her to become a behemoth before she was
>mature enough to make her own decisions.
>
>You've screwed up her life, Julie. You are a complete physical mess, and
>you've made certain that she won't have a better life than you. She has
>to hate you for what you've done to her, set her up so that no amount of
>cosmetic alteration will ever suffice to make her feel desirable. You've
>let her go past the point where she could be *cute in that chubby girl
>sort of way*, to clinically obese, and now you are proud that she wants you
>to cook for her. Perhaps it's an admission of defeat.
>
>Julie, you inspire, and indeed invite maltreatment. It's sometimes hard to
>imagine that you are real, as your entire persona is the perfect avatar for
>hardcore supporters of eugenics. I find that responding to you compensates
>for all those occasions in life when you really wish that you had told a
>person to *go ***** him or herself, but either the timing or the situation
>was wrong. It's also good writing exercise, and you feed on attention to
>such a degree that even my insults give you emotional satisfaction. I know
>that you claim to have me kill filed, but few here believe that, and if I
>really have managed to hit a nerve too far into your thick, Bovine hide, then,
>"Damn, I'm good."
>
>Angela Bove does not need pancakes. Giving her pancakes borders on child
>abuse. You are preparing her for nothing better than this--
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogging...al_practice%29 --assuming that
>she doesn't kill herself before she even makes it to college. If she does,
>the only justice would be if she took her with you, thereby cleansing this
>NG and the wider human genome of...*Boviness*.

Um, overweight is better than limp wristed faggot, Bwrrrrryan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> >> And does that leave you time to dry and straighten your hair, curl your
> >> eyelashes, apply makeup and assorted facial products? I thought not.

> > My daughter and I both leave at 6:15. I get up at 5:30, but she gets up
> > at 4:30. Most women overdo the makeup thing, IMO. Glad my wife doesn't. I
> > don't want a mouth full of chemicals when I kiss her.

> I don't any more. But it used to take me 2 hours to get ready. Mostly it
> was the hair. I spent years with the wrong haircut and was fighting my
> naturally wavy hair trying to make it either straight or curly. Now I have
> a wash and wear style. This is my hair. This is how it's gonna be.
>
> The only makeup I wear always is nail polish. Once in a while I'll use
> colored lip balm. That's about it.

I guess it won't be long until you post some problem related to your
nail polish
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> > Dave Smith wrote:

> >>Thanks for clarifying. Now it makes perfect sense.

> > Normal brained people wash their hands *before* handling food.

> I always do. I got the egg on me when I was cracking them.

what? you don't use the cartons/jars of already cracked and seperated
eggs?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:01:38 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which is
>> what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of the
>> bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to do, the
>> egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.

>You're just physically challenged. I've been cracking them on a flat
>surface recently (after I read that). It works just fine. Splashed
>onto your arm? Dumbshit!

Maybe Julie's arm flab hangs to the counters...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:15:20 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Because I got some egg on me. I am highly intolerant to eggs.
>>
>> When I cooked the scrambled eggs, I cracked them the way I normally do and
>> there was no problem. I did wash my hands right away after touching them.

>Ok. You're really losing me here lately, Julie. No way anyone can
>possibly have every medical problem in the medical dictionary like you
>do. This is getting extremely lame.
>
>If your skin really is that reactive to egg whites, why don't you wear
>those nifty rubber gloves that you use for raw meat?
>
>Cracking an egg and:
>"the egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm."
>
>LMAO! No way, sweetheart. You're so busted, imo.

I don't think Julie has much of a bust... more like eggs, fried! LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mayo, cream may make them richer, but actually, water makes them fluffier.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 1:54:11 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> Maybe Julie should think about sleeping at *night* like most people do.
>
> Why is she on the night-shift?

She isn't on any shift. She's *disabled*.

> Jill

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 1:48:52 PM UTC-5, Mayo wrote:
> On 9/20/2014 11:15 AM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>
> > Now that you're an old lady, I bet you glob it on even more.

> > Not to worry though, as there's not much getting kissed going on anyway.

> Dude, you are just hateful!

That's "just" not true.
I am a lot of other things in addition to being hateful.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Speaking of obesity rates...anyone checked out a current photo of Hone Boo Boo? I can't believe I saw
one accidentally. Now I will have to scrub my eyeballs. It was at E! Online.

Her mother always thought it was a point of pride that she was chubby during the Toddlers & Tiaras filming,
but now the poor thing is well on the way to emulate her mother in the worst way. Doesn't anyone care about
this girl? I guess not, given the rest of the females in the family.

I have never watched that show nor been a fan of that particular lifestyle, but I feel sorry for them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 2:24:32 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Um, overweight is better than limp wristed faggot, Bwrrrrryan.

Thinking about your brother again? Do you feel guilty that you enjoyed
rubbing your dicks together?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 3:37 PM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Saturday, September 20, 2014 1:48:52 PM UTC-5, Mayo wrote:
>> On 9/20/2014 11:15 AM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>>
>>> Now that you're an old lady, I bet you glob it on even more.

>>> Not to worry though, as there's not much getting kissed going on anyway.

>> Dude, you are just hateful!
>>

> That's "just" not true.
> I am a lot of other things in addition to being hateful.
>
> --Bryan

Why on earth would you _want_ to be hateful?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 5:39 PM, Nancy2 wrote:

> Speaking of obesity rates...anyone checked out a current photo of Hone Boo Boo?

Who?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan-TGWWW > wrote:

>She isn't on any shift. She's *disabled*.

So Julie is shiftless.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill, that was supposed to be Honey Boo Boo, who has a TLC reality show named for her and
starring her. They are a proud redneck family. Not that there is anything wrong with that. And
they do seem to be a very supportive and close family. Well, except that Mama June and the
father, known as Sugar Bear, have decided to separate.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 9:10 PM, Nancy2 wrote:

> Jill, that was supposed to be Honey Boo Boo, who has a TLC reality show named for her and
> starring her. They are a proud redneck family. Not that there is anything wrong with that. And
> they do seem to be a very supportive and close family. Well, except that Mama June and the
> father, known as Sugar Bear, have decided to separate.
>
> N.

<shrugs> I suppose I could look them up but I really don't care. I
don't even know if I get that channel. I won't be looking for it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 9:05 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Bryan-TGWWW > wrote:
>>
>> She isn't on any shift. She's *disabled*.

> So Julie is shiftless.

For some unknown reason she is awake all night and still awake when her
daughter gets up, therefore she can prepare her breakfast. I have no
idea why she doesn't sleep at night like most people do.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:15:20 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Because I got some egg on me. I am highly intolerant to eggs.
>>
>> When I cooked the scrambled eggs, I cracked them the way I normally do and
>> there was no problem. I did wash my hands right away after touching them.

>Ok. You're really losing me here lately, Julie. No way anyone can
>possibly have every medical problem in the medical dictionary like you
>do. This is getting extremely lame.

Well, about time.

>If your skin really is that reactive to egg whites, why don't you wear
>those nifty rubber gloves that you use for raw meat?

Are you expecting a serious response?

>Cracking an egg and:
>"the egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm."
>
>LMAO! No way, sweetheart. You're so busted, imo.

She's been 'busted' countless times.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:30:43 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2014-09-20 10:15 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> Because I got some egg on me. I am highly intolerant to eggs.
>>>
>>> When I cooked the scrambled eggs, I cracked them the way I normally do and
>>> there was no problem. I did wash my hands right away after touching them.

>> Ok. You're really losing me here lately, Julie. No way anyone can
>> possibly have every medical problem in the medical dictionary like you
>> do. This is getting extremely lame.

>You are finally starting to realize that Julie has credibility problems?
>

>> If your skin really is that reactive to egg whites, why don't you wear
>> those nifty rubber gloves that you use for raw meat?
>>
>> Cracking an egg and:
>> "the egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm."
>>
>> LMAO! No way, sweetheart. You're so busted, imo.
>>

>She was busted a long time ago but there are a few people here who have
>been indulging in their own compulsion to post by ignoring her lies and
>her stupidity and treating her as if she were normal.

I assume they think it's okay to ignore her lies and other bullshit,
that that's the nice and civil thing to do... and probably view much
of what she says as harmless quirks of no consequence. My view is that
ignoring it only encourages her, and that she should be confronted
with what she posts.

I view her as not benign, but harmful to herself, her family and
society in general. I mean that seriously. Julie encapsulates almost
everything I hate in a person.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:46:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which is
>what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of the
>bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to do, the
>egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.

Ended up in the ER again, did we? You must be one of those
thrill-seekers who love living on the edge all the time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:55:26 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:01:38 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which is
>>> what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of the
>>> bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to do, the
>>> egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.

>>You're just physically challenged. I've been cracking them on a flat
>>surface recently (after I read that). It works just fine. Splashed
>>onto your arm? Dumbshit!

>Maybe Julie's arm flab hangs to the counters...

Okay. You made me laugh... finally!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 14:54:11 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>I'm thinking her daughter should just make her own breakfast. She knows
>how to cook scrambled eggs. Julie told us so. Julie also buys
>pre-cooked bacon

Pre-cooked bacon?? Does that actually exist?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 09:23:08 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> On 9/19/2014 6:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which
>>> is what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of
>>> the bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to
>>> do, the egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.

>> Tried the flat surface. Back to the edge of a pan or counter like I've
>> been doing for 60 years. No need to change now, never had a shell
>> problem. Maybe once every couple of years but not big deal.

>I use both, just depends on where I am doing something that involves
>cracking eggs.

Same here, either method works OK IMO.

Although for poached eggs I always crack them with the edge of a
glass, then into the glass... then pour into the simmering water.

Went out and caught a nice brown trout this morning, which will be
dinner tonight. No firm plans on how I will cook it as yet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:38:13 +0000 (UTC), jinx the minx

" > wrote:
>> On Friday, September 19, 2014 5:46:16 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>

>> Don't slam the egg on the flat surface, just a good tap will do it, but
>> I've never gotten shells into batter when I crack them on the side of the
>> bowl. If you've not gotten shells in your batter in the past by breaking
>> them on the edge of the bowl, go back to that method. Some people even
>> use the back of a dinner knife to break the egg.

>I've recently started doing it with a knife. It works great when the bowl
>you're using doesn't have a hard enough edge to crack the egg
>appropriately.

A lot depends on the egg itself - some have harder shells than others,
but more importantly some breeds of chickens have a much tougher
membrane under the shell, which can be hard to break through without
making a mess of it.

Having said that, I would assume most commercial breeds of chickens
for egg production have had such things bred out of them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:17:15 -0700 (PDT), Chemo
> wrote:

>Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

This'll be good...