Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ranch dressing with bacon

Last week my wife picked up some Kraft Ranch dressing. When she was
opening it she realized that it was ranch dressing with bacon and was
concerned that I might not like it. I don't know why. I thought bacon
would be good with ranch dressing. Then I tried it. YECH!! I didn't
taste any bacon in there. What I tasted, and about the only thing I
tasted was artificial smoke flavour. It's potent. If they had used
1/10th as much artificial smoke flavour it might have been good but this
stuff was just too much..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Last week my wife picked up some Kraft Ranch dressing. When she was
> opening it she realized that it was ranch dressing with bacon and was
> concerned that I might not like it. I don't know why. I thought bacon
> would be good with ranch dressing. Then I tried it. YECH!! I didn't
> taste any bacon in there. What I tasted, and about the only thing I tasted
> was artificial smoke flavour. It's potent. If they had used 1/10th as
> much artificial smoke flavour it might have been good but this stuff was
> just too much..

write them a letter or call them. They likely will send you a coupon or two
so you can get a different one from them.

who knows, they might even fix their recipe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 5, 2014 8:14:20 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> Last week my wife picked up some Kraft Ranch dressing. When she was
>
> opening it she realized that it was ranch dressing with bacon and was
>
> concerned that I might not like it. I don't know why. I thought bacon
>
> would be good with ranch dressing. Then I tried it. YECH!! I didn't
>
> taste any bacon in there. What I tasted, and about the only thing I
>
> tasted was artificial smoke flavour. It's potent. If they had used
>
> 1/10th as much artificial smoke flavour it might have been good but this
>
> stuff was just too much..

Smoke flavoring is not bacon, alas. There's no substitute for the real thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-09-05 9:57 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> Last week my wife picked up some Kraft Ranch dressing. When she was
>> opening it she realized that it was ranch dressing with bacon and was
>> concerned that I might not like it. I don't know why. I thought bacon
>> would be good with ranch dressing. Then I tried it. YECH!! I didn't
>> taste any bacon in there. What I tasted, and about the only thing I tasted
>> was artificial smoke flavour. It's potent. If they had used 1/10th as
>> much artificial smoke flavour it might have been good but this stuff was
>> just too much..

> write them a letter or call them. They likely will send you a coupon or two
> so you can get a different one from them.
>
> who knows, they might even fix their recipe.

Good idea. The idea was good. When my wife realized her mistake I said
not to worry, it would probably be good. Not that I expected real bacon
bits, maybe some sort of bacon flavoured artificial textured pseudo
pork. This was just smoke flavouring, and way way too much of it.