Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Finger Limes

I hit up Specialty Produce today, my favorite produce warehouse. Limes
were on my list of things to buy, so I checked out their website to
see which limes they have. I saw they have finger limes, never heard
of them, but they sure sounded interesting, so on my list they went.
I found them with the help of one of the warehouse men, he was nice
enough to cut one open so I could try it. Inside are little beads of
lime loveliness, like lime caviar, that you scrape out and use. Dang,
are these ever p.o.t.e.n.t.
Just the inside of the lime is used, he said they are great sprinkled
over salads, so when you bite into one of the beads you get a nice
little explosion of lime.
I'm putting some on my salmon tonight, mmmm.
Love finding new and wonderful things to try.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/koko18...7646606123518/

or
http://tinyurl.com/krdr2vz

koko
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

>I hit up Specialty Produce today, my favorite produce warehouse. Limes
>were on my list of things to buy, so I checked out their website to
>see which limes they have. I saw they have finger limes, never heard
>of them, but they sure sounded interesting, so on my list they went.
>I found them with the help of one of the warehouse men, he was nice
>enough to cut one open so I could try it. Inside are little beads of
>lime loveliness, like lime caviar, that you scrape out and use. Dang,
>are these ever p.o.t.e.n.t.
>Just the inside of the lime is used, he said they are great sprinkled
>over salads, so when you bite into one of the beads you get a nice
>little explosion of lime.
>I'm putting some on my salmon tonight, mmmm.
>Love finding new and wonderful things to try.
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/koko18...7646606123518/
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/krdr2vz

Interesting, I hadn't heard of finger limes before either.. bet they'd
be a nice garnish for several cocktails... perhaps in ice cream.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrus_australasica
http://food52.com/blog/9247-finger-l...ow-to-use-them
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...d-finger-limes
http://www.fingerlime.com/index.html

Dried Limes ImStillMags General Cooking 5 05-06-2010 03:55 AM
Limes Dimitri General Cooking 1 11-01-2010 09:33 PM
Anyone tried drying limes? JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] General Cooking 41 23-09-2008 11:39 PM
limes Ms. Velveeta General Cooking 6 23-07-2007 06:53 AM
"What Else Can I Do With Fresh Limes"? Norma Tassler General Cooking 0 26-02-2005 09:25 PM