Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping Janet Wilder

I don't seem to have seen her for a couple of days ... or have I just missed
her???

I get concerned when she goes awol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 12:40:46 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>>I don't seem to have seen her for a couple of days ... or have I just
>>missed
>>her???
>>
>>I get concerned when she goes awol

> No, you're right, I noticed it too but maybe she just feels yucky and
> is trying to get some strength up. Hopefully.

Maybe Becca can make contact with her?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:06:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 12:40:46 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>I don't seem to have seen her for a couple of days ... or have I just
> >>missed
> >>her???
> >>
> >>I get concerned when she goes awol

> > No, you're right, I noticed it too but maybe she just feels yucky and
> > is trying to get some strength up. Hopefully.

> Maybe Becca can make contact with her?

She's posting a little on Facebook. The overview is she has sore
knees, is getting PT and her Rads went well on the 21st.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message ...

She's posting a little on Facebook. The overview is she has sore
knees, is getting PT and her Rads went well on the 21st.

--
Thanks! That's good to hear.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:06:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>>

>> > wrote in message
>> > On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 12:40:46 +0100, "Ophelia"

>> > No, you're right, I noticed it too but maybe she just feels yucky and
>> > is trying to get some strength up. Hopefully.

>> Maybe Becca can make contact with her?

> She's posting a little on Facebook. The overview is she has sore
> knees, is getting PT and her Rads went well on the 21st.

Ahh Ok thanks

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2014 6:40 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> I don't seem to have seen her for a couple of days ... or have I just
> missed her???
>
> I get concerned when she goes awol

I'm fine. My knees are still sore from having locked up on Monday night
due to loss of magnesium.

Today was a good day as pain is tolerable and I didn't need any pain
killers.

Did laundry, changed the linens, watched a little TV from the DVR and
will make myself some dinner in a little while. Italian sausage and ziti

Am working on the manuscript as I had to buy a nebulizer and I need some
more cash.

The first week of radiation went well. It just makes me extremely tired
and all I want to do is sleep. I have two adorable Latino technicians
who do everything in their power to keep me comfortable during the
procedure. I can even wear my iPod and listen to music while the machine
goes around. Otherwise it sounds like I'm at the bottom of a giant
plumbing plant...banging and clanging.

I Was glad that I was awake most of today with one tiny nap.

My friends took me to Friday night services and then out to dinner and
that was just the most spectacular event of the week.

I started with home health care last week. PT person should come Monday
and evaluate me. A gent from the home health care came over and
suggested I call my alarm company about a life alert system. Turns out
they have one for an initial fee of $350 and only $10 per month which is
much less than the other systems I looked at that don't use a land line.
This company is local, and they have always been responsive to me, so
I think it will work out well.

I'm sorry I'm not posting as much, but I'm so darned sleepy all the time.

Thank you all for worrying about me. It means so much that you care.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 12:40:46 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>I don't seem to have seen her for a couple of days ... or have I just missed
>her???
>
>I get concerned when she goes awol

She just posted about an hour ago on Facebook, I let her know you are
asking about her

koko
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 12:40:46 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>>I don't seem to have seen her for a couple of days ... or have I just
>>missed
>>her???
>>
>>I get concerned when she goes awol

> She just posted about an hour ago on Facebook, I let her know you are
> asking about her

Thanks

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2014 6:49 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 8/24/2014 6:40 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> I don't seem to have seen her for a couple of days ... or have I just
>> missed her???
>>
>> I get concerned when she goes awol
>>

> I'm fine. My knees are still sore from having locked up on Monday night
> due to loss of magnesium.
>
> Today was a good day as pain is tolerable and I didn't need any pain
> killers.
>
> Did laundry, changed the linens, watched a little TV from the DVR and
> will make myself some dinner in a little while. Italian sausage and ziti
>
> Am working on the manuscript as I had to buy a nebulizer and I need some
> more cash.
>
> The first week of radiation went well. It just makes me extremely tired
> and all I want to do is sleep. I have two adorable Latino technicians
> who do everything in their power to keep me comfortable during the
> procedure. I can even wear my iPod and listen to music while the machine
> goes around. Otherwise it sounds like I'm at the bottom of a giant
> plumbing plant...banging and clanging.
>
> I Was glad that I was awake most of today with one tiny nap.
>
> My friends took me to Friday night services and then out to dinner and
> that was just the most spectacular event of the week.
>
> I started with home health care last week. PT person should come Monday
> and evaluate me. A gent from the home health care came over and
> suggested I call my alarm company about a life alert system. Turns out
> they have one for an initial fee of $350 and only $10 per month which is
> much less than the other systems I looked at that don't use a land line.
> This company is local, and they have always been responsive to me, so
> I think it will work out well.
>
> I'm sorry I'm not posting as much, but I'm so darned sleepy all the time.
>
> Thank you all for worrying about me. It means so much that you care.

Of course we care! I'm glad to hear you had a good day. You certainly
have an excuse for being tired. You're in my thoughts.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 3:49:48 PM UTC-7, Janet Wilder wrote:

> Thank you all for worrying about me. It means so much that you care.

Glad to hear you are still on the planet and not planning to leave any time soon !!!
Sounds like you have the help you need. That's good. Don't want you doing too much by yourself.

You take care, hear? :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:
>> On 8/24/2014 6:40 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> I don't seem to have seen her for a couple of days ... or have I just
>> missed her???
>>
>> I get concerned when she goes awol

> I'm fine. My knees are still sore from having locked up on Monday night
> due to loss of magnesium.
>
> Today was a good day as pain is tolerable and I didn't need any pain
> killers.
>
> Did laundry, changed the linens, watched a little TV from the DVR and
> will make myself some dinner in a little while. Italian sausage and ziti

We think alike, I did saw-seege with ****ghet... I made too much so I
froze the LOs right in a covered Corningware caserole.. grands will be
here on Wednesday, they love sketties and saw-seege.

> Am working on the manuscript as I had to buy a nebulizer and I need some
> more cash.

Most medical insurance covers nebulizers, just send a copy of the
doctor's Rx to ins... some medical supply stores will send in the
claim for you, same as a pharmacy for Rx drugs. I think this Pari is
the best, and this company is very reliable:
http://www.natlallergy.com/pari-vios...ry-system.html
If you don't wish to answer don't but for what purpose do you need a
nebulizer?

> The first week of radiation went well.

Good to hear you're doing well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2014 1:25 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Most medical insurance covers nebulizers, just send a copy of the
> doctor's Rx to ins... some medical supply stores will send in the
> claim for you, same as a pharmacy for Rx drugs. I think this Pari is
> the best, and this company is very reliable:
> http://www.natlallergy.com/pari-vios...ry-system.html
> If you don't wish to answer don't but for what purpose do you need a
> nebulizer?

It is considered durable medical equipment and most Medicare supplements
don't cover it. I do have a policy through The United Federation of
Teachers that might cover it, but I think they only do one item a year
and i already bought a used wheel chair for $100.

Having lung cancer makes me short of breath. The nebulizer helps, but I
try not to use it more than once a a day as i don't like the side
effects of Albuterol

>> The first week of radiation went well.

> Good to hear you're doing well.

My blood is so good that I'm now allowed a half glass of wine with dinner.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:57:59 -0500, Janet Wilder >

0.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 8/25/2014 1:25 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> Most medical insurance covers nebulizers, just send a copy of the
>> doctor's Rx to ins... some medical supply stores will send in the
>> claim for you, same as a pharmacy for Rx drugs. I think this Pari is
>> the best, and this company is very reliable:
>> http://www.natlallergy.com/pari-vios...ry-system.html
>> If you don't wish to answer don't but for what purpose do you need a
>> nebulizer?

>It is considered durable medical equipment and most Medicare supplements
>don't cover it. I do have a policy through The United Federation of
>Teachers that might cover it, but I think they only do one item a year
>and i already bought a used wheel chair for $100.

Even if not covered that unit isn't very pricey

>Having lung cancer makes me short of breath. The nebulizer helps, but I
>try not to use it more than once a a day as i don't like the side
>effects of Albuterol

Everyone's reaction to albuterol sulfate is different but I can't
imagine one treatment daily would have any negative effects... you may
want to talk to your doctor about using an albuterol inhaler instead,
it's much more portable and it's covered by insurance. There are
several new bronchial dialator medications available now that work
much better... you need to speak with a Pulmonologist.

>>> The first week of radiation went well.

>> Good to hear you're doing well.
>>

>My blood is so good that I'm now allowed a half glass of wine with dinner.

Oh boy, how large a glass? LOL Keep doing better, I'm rooting for
you, L'chiam!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2014 3:04 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:57:59 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:
>
> 0.
>>
>> Having lung cancer makes me short of breath. The nebulizer helps, but I
>> try not to use it more than once a a day as i don't like the side
>> effects of Albuterol
>>>

> There is an alternative for albuterol (for both inhalers and
> nebulizers) called Xoponex. There is no jittery feeling after taking
> it as with albuterol. The trick is getting the insurance to pay for
> it, as it is much pricier than albuterol (which, itself, has increased
> in price over the past year or two).
>
> Boron

Thanks for the tip. The Albuterol cost me about $40 as the insurance
didn't cover the whole thing. G-d willing, I will not need very much of
it, so I'll manage with what I have.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2014 4:47 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:57:59 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:
>
>> On 8/25/2014 1:25 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>>> Most medical insurance covers nebulizers, just send a copy of the
>>> doctor's Rx to ins... some medical supply stores will send in the
>>> claim for you, same as a pharmacy for Rx drugs. I think this Pari is
>>> the best, and this company is very reliable:
>>> http://www.natlallergy.com/pari-vios...ry-system.html
>>> If you don't wish to answer don't but for what purpose do you need a
>>> nebulizer?

>> It is considered durable medical equipment and most Medicare supplements
>> don't cover it. I do have a policy through The United Federation of
>> Teachers that might cover it, but I think they only do one item a year
>> and i already bought a used wheel chair for $100.

> Even if not covered that unit isn't very pricey
>
>> Having lung cancer makes me short of breath. The nebulizer helps, but I
>> try not to use it more than once a a day as i don't like the side
>> effects of Albuterol

> Everyone's reaction to albuterol sulfate is different but I can't
> imagine one treatment daily would have any negative effects... you may
> want to talk to your doctor about using an albuterol inhaler instead,
> it's much more portable and it's covered by insurance. There are
> several new bronchial dialator medications available now that work
> much better... you need to speak with a Pulmonologist.

>>> Good to hear you're doing well.
>>>

>> My blood is so good that I'm now allowed a half glass of wine with dinner.

> Oh boy, how large a glass? LOL Keep doing better, I'm rooting for
> you, L'chiam!

I asked for half a glass. Don't want to make a pig out of myself and I
do want to protect my platelets.

Tonight is liver and onions and I will find a nice red to go with it.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:32:07 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

>On 8/25/2014 4:47 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:57:59 -0500, Janet Wilder >
>> wrote:

>>> It is considered durable medical equipment and most Medicare supplements
>>> don't cover it. I do have a policy through The United Federation of
>>> Teachers that might cover it, but I think they only do one item a year
>>> and i already bought a used wheel chair for $100.

>> Even if not covered that unit isn't very pricey
>>
>>> Having lung cancer makes me short of breath. The nebulizer helps, but I
>>> try not to use it more than once a a day as i don't like the side
>>> effects of Albuterol

>> Everyone's reaction to albuterol sulfate is different but I can't
>> imagine one treatment daily would have any negative effects... you may
>> want to talk to your doctor about using an albuterol inhaler instead,
>> it's much more portable and it's covered by insurance. There are
>> several new bronchial dialator medications available now that work
>> much better... you need to speak with a Pulmonologist.

>>> My blood is so good that I'm now allowed a half glass of wine with dinner.

>> Oh boy, how large a glass? LOL Keep doing better, I'm rooting for
>> you, L'chiam!
>>

>I asked for half a glass. Don't want to make a pig out of myself and I
>do want to protect my platelets.
>
>Tonight is liver and onions and I will find a nice red to go with it.

Mogen David goes well liver and albuterol. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:30:25 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

>On 8/25/2014 3:04 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:57:59 -0500, Janet Wilder >
>> wrote:
>>
>> 0.
>>>
>>> Having lung cancer makes me short of breath. The nebulizer helps, but I
>>> try not to use it more than once a a day as i don't like the side
>>> effects of Albuterol
>>>>

>> There is an alternative for albuterol (for both inhalers and
>> nebulizers) called Xoponex. There is no jittery feeling after taking
>> it as with albuterol. The trick is getting the insurance to pay for
>> it, as it is much pricier than albuterol (which, itself, has increased
>> in price over the past year or two).
>>
>> Boron
>>

>Thanks for the tip. The Albuterol cost me about $40 as the insurance
>didn't cover the whole thing. G-d willing, I will not need very much of
>it, so I'll manage with what I have.

If you are running low I have extra I could send you... probably
illegal but I'll send it in a plain brown wrapper and mark it XXXX
Unmentionables.

Ping: Janet Wilder jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 16 14-09-2014 10:21 PM
ping Janet Wilder Polly Esther[_2_] General Cooking 1 02-05-2014 04:00 PM
Ping: Janet Wilder sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 29-05-2013 04:18 AM
Ping Janet Wilder W. Baker Diabetic 13 10-04-2012 07:11 PM
PING: Janet Wilder George Shirley General Cooking 9 26-11-2008 12:39 AM