Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Enjoy

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/2/2014 10:24 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211

Why are the oceans covered with white foam? There must be something
wrong with the water. Certainly, it's nothing to sing about. My
suggestion is that the line be changed from "... to the oceans, white
with foam" to "... to the oceans, it's my hooooome!"

Thank you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 > wrote in
:

> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211

"There were giants on the earth in those days."

Thanks, Sheldon. This is why I served.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/3/14, 3:37 AM, Alan Holbrook wrote:
> Brooklyn1 > wrote in
> :
>

>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211
>>

> "There were giants on the earth in those days."
>
> Thanks, Sheldon. This is why I served.

But John Wayne didn't.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 2:37:36 AM UTC-5, Alan Holbrook wrote:
> Brooklyn1 > wrote in
>
> :
>

> > https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211

> "There were giants on the earth in those days."

Genesis 6:4? Are you suggesting that Tommy Smothers and Phyllis Diller were giants?

> Thanks, Sheldon. This is why I served.

This was back during the Viet Nam bullshit, where working class chump boys
were dying for the privileges of the rich boys who were safe at home on
college deferments. I guess that the Calvinistic "God" of Capitalism
showed what He though of their worth when he sent them off to die so that
the *elect* could live in luxury.

And who the Hell thought it was cool to have a White man in redface
singing praises of a God and country that slaughtered and ethnically
cleansed the Indians?

"The draft is white people sending black people to fight yellow people to protect the country they stole from the red people." --*Hair*

So, **** your stupid nostalgia for the *good ol' days* of theocratic
patriotism. This was aired 2 months to the day after the Kent State
murders, at a time when the best use for the flag was...

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 10:29:46 AM UTC-7, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Sunday, August 3, 2014 2:37:36 AM UTC-5, Alan Holbrook wrote:
>
> > Brooklyn1 > wrote in

> > :

> > > https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211

> > "There were giants on the earth in those days."

> Genesis 6:4? Are you suggesting that Tommy Smothers and Phyllis Diller were giants?
>

> > Thanks, Sheldon. This is why I served.

> This was back during the Viet Nam bullshit, where working class chump boys
>
> were dying for the privileges of the rich boys who were safe at home on
>
> college deferments. I guess that the Calvinistic "God" of Capitalism
>
> showed what He though of their worth when he sent them off to die so that
>
> the *elect* could live in luxury.
>

> And who the Hell thought it was cool to have a White man in redface
>
> singing praises of a God and country that slaughtered and ethnically
>
> cleansed the Indians?
>

> "The draft is white people sending black people to fight yellow people to protect the country they stole from the red people." --*Hair*
>

> So, **** your stupid nostalgia for the *good ol' days* of theocratic
>
> patriotism. This was aired 2 months to the day after the Kent State
>
> murders, at a time when the best use for the flag was...

I STILL feel disgusted seeing the flag used for UNDERWEAR facrynoutloud!

> --Bryan

Nobody remembers the Jackson State murders a few days later because the victims were black college kids.

http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_e...ate-university

HB
(nice white person)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 14:41:22 -0700 (PDT), Hypatia Nachshon
> wrote:

> Nobody remembers the Jackson State murders a few days later because the victims were black college kids.
>
> http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_e...ate-university
>
> HB
> (nice white person)

People do remember and they don't need to be nonwhite to do it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 1:29:46 PM UTC-4, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> This was back during the Viet Nam bullshit, where working class chump boys
>
> were dying for the privileges of the rich boys who were safe at home on
>
> college deferments

or in a quickie marriage. I knew of one couple who never even shared a house. Each went his or her separate way.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 4:48:43 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 14:41:22 -0700 (PDT), Hypatia Nachshon
>
> > wrote:
>

> > Nobody remembers the Jackson State murders a few days later because the victims were black college kids.

> > http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_e...ate-university

> > HB

> > (nice white person)

> People do remember and they don't need to be nonwhite to do it.

Kent State was pretty exclusively about the military action in Viet Nam,
which made it more relevant to the thread.

I swear, people just need to learn how to ****ing think. Here in Missouri, we have this stupid *freedom to farm* amendment, and most of the poor outstate
yokels will support it, even though it means that giant agribusiness--mostly
owned by rich stockholders who live in the suburbs--will be free to put a
commercial hog farm right next to their property, and they will have no way
to stop it.

We saw too many of those "Vote yes" signs on the way out and back, to and
from kayaking. I'm beat to shit. We boated 6.5 miles, then I had to walk
3.3 miles, up over the mountain (370-380 feet of elevation) to retrieve the
truck. It was cool though. The only other people we saw the whole time on
the river was a group of 3 trout fishermen. It did suck not having beer waiting at the takeout though. ****.

--Bryan