Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dataw Club Dinner Specials 7/31/2014

Fire Grilled Ribeye
Served with Twice Baked Potato, Vegatable Du Jour and Horseradish Demi Glaze
Entrée Only $26.00

Pan Seared Local Red Grouper
Served with Roasted Red Pepper Rissotto with Grilled Asperagus Topped
with Roasted Shallots and Fresh Herb Butter
Tapas $13.00/ Entrée $25.00

Seared Flank Steak
Served Over an Assorted Field Greens Salad with Belgian Endives, Cherry
Tomatoes and Gorgangzola Cheese Tossed in a Cherry Vinagrette
$10.00

I guess some folks really *do* need a spell checker.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Fire Grilled Ribeye
> Served with Twice Baked Potato, Vegatable Du Jour and Horseradish Demi
> Glaze
> Entrée Only $26.00
>
> Pan Seared Local Red Grouper
> Served with Roasted Red Pepper Rissotto with Grilled Asperagus Topped with
> Roasted Shallots and Fresh Herb Butter
> Tapas $13.00/ Entrée $25.00
>
> Seared Flank Steak
> Served Over an Assorted Field Greens Salad with Belgian Endives, Cherry
> Tomatoes and Gorgangzola Cheese Tossed in a Cherry Vinagrette
> $10.00
>
> I guess some folks really *do* need a spell checker.
>
> Jill

I think the "e" and the "a" just ran amuck.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2014 12:42 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:16:25 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Fire Grilled Ribeye
>> Served with Twice Baked Potato, Vegatable Du Jour and Horseradish Demi Glaze
>> Entrée Only $26.00

> They release the menus the same day and they don't know what the
> Vegetable Du Jour is yet?

It's pretty funny, really. Nope, we haven't figured out what we have
in the kitchen so we'll just call it the veg*A*table Du Jour.

I don't know who the head chef is now. I don't think they know, either. LOL

> Whatever it will be, they seem confident it
> will go well with a horseradish demi-glaze on top of it!
>
> -sw

Of course! I get a real kick out of reading these specials.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2014 4:33 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Fire Grilled Ribeye
>> Served with Twice Baked Potato, Vegatable Du Jour and Horseradish Demi
>> Glaze
>> Entrée Only $26.00
>>
>> Pan Seared Local Red Grouper
>> Served with Roasted Red Pepper Rissotto with Grilled Asperagus Topped
>> with Roasted Shallots and Fresh Herb Butter
>> Tapas $13.00/ Entrée $25.00
>>
>> Seared Flank Steak
>> Served Over an Assorted Field Greens Salad with Belgian Endives,
>> Cherry Tomatoes and Gorgangzola Cheese Tossed in a Cherry Vinagrette
>> $10.00
>>
>> I guess some folks really *do* need a spell checker.
>>
>> Jill

> I think the "e" and the "a" just ran amuck.

Or amok.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 1, 2014 9:00:21 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/1/2014 12:42 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:16:25 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> >> Fire Grilled Ribeye

> >> Served with Twice Baked Potato, Vegatable Du Jour and Horseradish Demi Glaze

> >> Entr�e Only $26.00

> > They release the menus the same day and they don't know what the

> > Vegetable Du Jour is yet?

> It's pretty funny, really. Nope, we haven't figured out what we have
>
> in the kitchen so we'll just call it the veg*A*table Du Jour.
>

> I don't know who the head chef is now. I don't think they know, either. LOL
>

> > Whatever it will be, they seem confident it

> > will go well with a horseradish demi-glaze on top of it!

> > -sw

> Of course! I get a real kick out of reading these specials.
>

> Jill

You probably never cease to amaze yourself, huh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 8/1/2014 4:33 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> Fire Grilled Ribeye
>>> Served with Twice Baked Potato, Vegatable Du Jour and Horseradish Demi
>>> Glaze
>>> Entrée Only $26.00
>>>
>>> Pan Seared Local Red Grouper
>>> Served with Roasted Red Pepper Rissotto with Grilled Asperagus Topped
>>> with Roasted Shallots and Fresh Herb Butter
>>> Tapas $13.00/ Entrée $25.00
>>>
>>> Seared Flank Steak
>>> Served Over an Assorted Field Greens Salad with Belgian Endives,
>>> Cherry Tomatoes and Gorgangzola Cheese Tossed in a Cherry Vinagrette
>>> $10.00
>>>
>>> I guess some folks really *do* need a spell checker.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I think the "e" and the "a" just ran amuck.

> Or amok.
>
> Jill

Weird because I thought the spelling was as you put it but my spell checker
indicates that both work. Also looked at dictionary.com. *shrugs*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:16:25 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> Fire Grilled Ribeye
>
> Served with Twice Baked Potato, Vegatable Du Jour and Horseradish Demi Glaze
>
> Entr�e Only $26.00
>

> Pan Seared Local Red Grouper
>
> Served with Roasted Red Pepper Rissotto with Grilled Asperagus Topped
>
> with Roasted Shallots and Fresh Herb Butter
>
> Tapas $13.00/ Entr�e $25.00
>

> Seared Flank Steak
>
> Served Over an Assorted Field Greens Salad with Belgian Endives, Cherry
>
> Tomatoes and Gorgangzola Cheese Tossed in a Cherry Vinagrette
>
> $10.00
>

> I guess some folks really *do* need a spell checker.
>

> Jill

I'll have the snapper, please. Seems a lot less caloric and the price is right. You're lucky to have snapper available at such a price point. How far along are you in meeting that minimum?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-08-01 19:51, Julie Bove wrote:

> Weird because I thought the spelling was as you put it but my spell
> checker indicates that both work. Also looked at dictionary.com. *shrugs*

Hmm. I am surprised to hear that a writer would need spell check.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2014 8:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-08-01 19:51, Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> Weird because I thought the spelling was as you put it but my spell
>> checker indicates that both work. Also looked at dictionary.com.
>> *shrugs*

> Hmm. I am surprised to hear that a writer would need spell check.

I do! I'm a very good writer (published) and decent at punctuation.
I edit manuscripts for a local publisher for a few bucks. I can't spell
at all.

My brain is miswired when it comes to spelling.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2014 12:00 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/1/2014 12:42 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:16:25 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Fire Grilled Ribeye
>>> Served with Twice Baked Potato, Vegatable Du Jour and Horseradish
>>> Demi Glaze
>>> Entrée Only $26.00

> It's pretty funny, really. Nope, we haven't figured out what we have
> in the kitchen so we'll just call it the veg*A*table Du Jour.

Hey, don't knock the Du Jour. It is a very versatile vegetable and
makes great soup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2014 10:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/1/2014 12:00 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>> It's pretty funny, really. Nope, we haven't figured out what we have
>> in the kitchen so we'll just call it the veg*A*table Du Jour.

> Hey, don't knock the Du Jour. It is a very versatile vegetable and
> makes great soup.

It must, because it was featured again on the dinner special tonight!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 1, 2014 9:27:17 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

> Hmm. I am surprised to hear that a writer would need spell check.

I understand that Frank Sinatra couldn't read music, but, oh, how he could deliver.