Old 31-07-2014, 06:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grocery savings today.

And no, I'm not going to scan my Safeway receipt. Total before loyalty
card? $100.63. And after? $42.73. Impressive, no?

I mostly bought soda. 8, 12 packs. 5, 16 oz which I got for free with
coupons. 5 energy drinks. Butter, margarine, raw sugar, some sort of snack
packs of crisp breads with salami and cheese and a couple of sandwiches that
were $1 off. I really only needed the butter, margarine and sugar. But...
I checked the ads as we were going to dinner and saw that they had the best
soda price at 4/$11 and they were on the way home. Husband has been eating
those little salami packs as fast as they come in the door and I know he
will eat the sandwich. Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend drank a
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Old 31-07-2014, 06:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[...]

Good thing you didn't have a nosy rosy checking your cart. LOL

Cheri

Old 31-07-2014, 08:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah. Oh and I forgot to make my point. Which was that I would never have
paid full price for that soda, which is what made it look like I got a lot
of savings.

Old 31-07-2014, 10:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:10:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend drank a
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Why then, would you buy that crap?
Old 31-07-2014, 11:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend drank
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Why then, would you buy that crap?

Like I said, she's only allowed about 2 ounces at a time. We drink Zip Fizz
the same way. Don't know if you have Zip Fizz where you're at. It's made
locally. That's a powder though and when you're in a hurry it can be hard
to get the right amount since you're mixing it from a packet that's supposed
to go into a water bottle. This is already mixed up. She just puts foil
over it and keeps it in the fridge. One can lasts at least a week.

Old 31-07-2014, 02:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend drank a
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Why then, would you buy that crap?

I don't know why *anyone* buys that stuff, much less for a teenager.

http://www.brown.edu/Student_Service...rgy_drinks.php

Or

http://science.howstuffworks.com/inn...ergy-drink.htm

And

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...s/faq-20058349

Jill
Old 31-07-2014, 03:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend
drank a
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the
same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Why then, would you buy that crap?

Like I said, she's only allowed about 2 ounces at a time.

His point, which you missed, was why do you buy it? You already pointed
out they can cause some serious problems. One way to completely
eliminate the potential for problems is simply say "NO".

Jill
Old 31-07-2014, 03:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but

she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend drank a

whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the same

at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Why then, would you buy that crap?

I don't know why *anyone* buys that stuff, much less for a teenager.

It lessens the chance that *Tubby-in-a-Tutu* will end up, like your kitty
friend, "in trouble". Between that and the baked potatoes as snacks, she
isn't likely to attract many males.

Jill

--Bryan
Old 31-07-2014, 03:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend drank a
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Why then, would you buy that crap?

children should not have them at all.
why would they need them?
Janet US
Old 31-07-2014, 03:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend drank a
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Why then, would you buy that crap?

children should not have them at all.
why would they need them?
Janet US

Times sure have changed. I don't understand kids drinking coffee or
energy drinks. When I was a teenager I had plenty of energy. I'd be
out walking around the neighborhood with friends. Or riding my bicycle.
I certainly didn't need a shot of caffeine.

Jill

Old 31-07-2014, 04:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 12:30 AM, Cheri wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[...]

This nosy Rosie resents that :-)

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Old 31-07-2014, 04:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend drank a
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Why then, would you buy that crap?

children should not have them at all.
why would they need them?
Janet US

My kids would have been hanging from the ceilings. Always restricted
sugar and never gave them anything caffeinated. I had one so hyper she
would roll out of bed almost every night, but I refused to medicate her.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Old 31-07-2014, 04:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 03:33:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend drank
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Why then, would you buy that crap?

Like I said, she's only allowed about 2 ounces at a time. We drink Zip Fizz
the same way. Don't know if you have Zip Fizz where you're at. It's made
locally. That's a powder though and when you're in a hurry it can be hard
to get the right amount since you're mixing it from a packet that's supposed
to go into a water bottle. This is already mixed up. She just puts foil
over it and keeps it in the fridge. One can lasts at least a week.

Yoose two would be far better off, and healthier, splitting a beer.
Old 31-07-2014, 04:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her
friend drank a
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did
the same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.

Why then, would you buy that crap?

children should not have them at all.
why would they need them?
Janet US

My kids would have been hanging from the ceilings. Always restricted
sugar and never gave them anything caffeinated. I had one so hyper she
would roll out of bed almost every night, but I refused to medicate her.

I don't see any point in giving teenagers what amounts to shots of
caffeine. Julie once mentioned her daughter has a Keurig coffee
machine. I think she also said they serve coffee at her school.
Personally, I can't fathom it.

My parents certainly didn't offer me a cup of coffee before I left the
house to go to school.

Jill
Old 31-07-2014, 05:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:58:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Times sure have changed. I don't understand kids drinking coffee or
energy drinks. When I was a teenager I had plenty of energy. I'd be
out walking around the neighborhood with friends. Or riding my bicycle.
I certainly didn't need a shot of caffeine.

Maybe they are using energy drinks instead of "speed". Caffeine is
legal.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

I'm going to buy a package of this at the grocery store today. ImStillMags General Cooking 5 09-05-2012 01:45 AM
at the grocery today gregz General Cooking 4 01-01-2012 07:11 PM
Went to the Chinese grocery today zxcvbob General Cooking 11 14-05-2011 07:05 AM
Huge Grocery Savings! kimsyet General 0 08-02-2011 10:21 PM
A Breakthrough in Grocery Savings! barbsydor Diabetic 2 12-08-2010 10:59 PM