Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grocery savings today.

On 8/2/2014 6:44 PM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
> Hey, ED - HB from you-know-where. Just dropped in here on another mission and saw your comment. Allow me to echo it big-time. I wouldn't allow a young person, especially a young female, to drink sodas. These girls are supposed to be drinking milk and eating yoghurt and cheese to build strong bones for childbearing --

That's a ridiculous notion. "For childbearing?" How about for being
healthy before they ever think about having kids?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/2/2014 12:45 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
> hcrg.pbz...
>
>> Julie's "here" is like nowhere in the world I've ever encountered, and
>> I live right smack dab in the middle of a huge city.

> I have never lived smack in the middle of a huge city nor would I. I am
> out in the suburbs. So I would assume that our lives are as different
> as night and day.

That's a silly ASSumption. I pretty much grew up in the suburbs or on
military bases. It didn't stop me from educating myself about what was
outside that bubble.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 8/3/2014 1:09 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Today is the start of Seafair. That's a big boat type celebration for
>> those who are not here.

> Do you mean... deceased? Died at sea or during a war?

What? No. People go out on their boats and people watch the boat races.
When I said "those who are not here", I meant that I was trying to explain
it to those who do not live here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seafair

>> There's a parade, U boat races

> That's going way back.

Hardly. AKA Hydroplanes and they're a big thing around here. Just like
coffee. Heh!

>> the Blue Angels (airplanes). We were predicted to have hotter than
>> usual weather and no chance of participation. So when the hail and
>> thunder began, people assumed it was the Blue Angels as they can be very
>> loud when they fly overhead.
>>
>> I had just stepped out of the shower and at first thought the shower had
>> developed a leak.

> Of course. It must be a leak in the plumbing. Because rushing water
> sounds like jets.

Uh, no. It was hail. And thunder. The Blue Angels very much sound like
thunder when they go right over your head.

> Sorry, but there is no way you can mistake jet planes flying overhead for
> plumbing problems. Or hail. Not if you know what jets sound like.

I didn't. It was hail. I didn't realize until later that it was hail. I
thought it was rain. Because our temps were in the 80's that day.

> Where I live "here" they're flying over from MCAS pretty regularly. I've
> learned to tune them out. But I can sure tell the difference between
> rain, hail, plumbing problems and jets.

Again, it was thunder and I'm not the only one who mistook it for them.
There were posts all over Facebook then. PA is known to have thunder storms
this time of year. We aren't. This was a freak storm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 8/2/2014 12:45 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
>> hcrg.pbz...
>>
>>> Julie's "here" is like nowhere in the world I've ever encountered, and
>>> I live right smack dab in the middle of a huge city.

>> I have never lived smack in the middle of a huge city nor would I. I am
>> out in the suburbs. So I would assume that our lives are as different
>> as night and day.

> That's a silly ASSumption. I pretty much grew up in the suburbs or on
> military bases. It didn't stop me from educating myself about what was
> outside that bubble.

*sigh* I don't really care about life in the big city. If I don't live
there and am not even interested in visiting, why would I? I have two
friends in Chicago and I know from what they tell me how it is there. Have
another who used to live in Brooklyn and another who lived in the Bronx. I
don't need to educate myself on those places as I'll never go there. And I
don't want to go there. Staten Island was even more than I cared to handle.
Just not for me.

I'm going to buy a package of this at the grocery store today. ImStillMags General Cooking 5 09-05-2012 01:45 AM
at the grocery today gregz General Cooking 4 01-01-2012 07:11 PM
Went to the Chinese grocery today zxcvbob General Cooking 11 14-05-2011 07:05 AM
Huge Grocery Savings! kimsyet General 0 08-02-2011 10:21 PM
A Breakthrough in Grocery Savings! barbsydor Diabetic 2 12-08-2010 10:59 PM