Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food items I will never buy again.....

giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it - it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.

Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's full of the real thing, kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.

Steakums: lousy.

What items have you bought and regretted?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/30/2014 9:23 AM, Kalmia wrote:

> Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking
> and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's
> full of the real thing,

No substitute, in my opinion.

> kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.

I bet it would make a great dishwasher or toilet cleaner.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it - it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door.

I bought a huge bottle of cheap BBQ sauce a while back and quickly
realized the huge bottle was completely unsuitable for actual use, so
I washed out the much smaller glass bottle from the last cheap BBQ
sauce I was using, and I just refill the smaller usable dispensing and
storage bottle from the large bottle.

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/30/2014 8:23 AM, Kalmia wrote:
> giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it - it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.
>
> Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's full of the real thing, kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.
>
> Steakums: lousy.
>
> What items have you bought and regretted?

Individually wrapped waffles that come in a big plastic box. Got
suckered at the checkout at Sam's Club.

I don't even know why I bought them as I'm not a pancake or waffle
lover. Maybe I thought they were giant cookies. I am a cookie lover.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it -
> it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The
> savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass
> jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.
>
> Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking and
> rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's full of
> the real thing, kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the
> reconstituted junk.
>
> Steakums: lousy.
>
> What items have you bought and regretted?

Kraft Olive Oil Mayo, but...I did buy it at the .99 cent store so not really
a huge loss. I also hated the bacon flavored hot dogs from Oscar Meyer, but
the dog liked them. I don't really like huge containers of anything that
needs to be refrigerated either.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it - it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.

Surely you can find a smaller squeeze bottle, or transfer to a pump
bottle.

>Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's full of the real thing, kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.

Reconstituted lemon juice is great for cleaning toilets.

>Steakums: lousy.

Wouldn't know, never tried them.

>What items have you bought and regretted?

Canned corned beef... bought a three pack at BJs, not sure what I'll
do with the two cans in the pantry... that stuff is vile... this
winter I'll toss it out on the snow, maybe some critter will eat it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> On 7/30/2014 9:23 AM, Kalmia wrote:
>
> > Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking
> > and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's
> > full of the real thing,

> No substitute, in my opinion.
>
> > kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.

> I bet it would make a great dishwasher or toilet cleaner.
>
> nancy

Hellman's Mayo - I used to like it, but it seems they changed their
formula and I became increasingly dissatisfied with it. Then someone,
Sqwertz I think mentioned the Heinz mayo and I found that much more to
my liking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:07:33 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
>
> > wrote:
>

> >giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it - it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door.

> I bought a huge bottle of cheap BBQ sauce a while back and quickly
>
> realized the huge bottle was completely unsuitable for actual use, so
>
> I washed out the much smaller glass bottle from the last cheap BBQ
>
> sauce I was using, and I just refill the smaller usable dispensing and
>
> storage bottle from the large bottle.
>

> John Kuthe...
>

> ---

Aren't you just taking up more fridge space tho, what with storing the huge bottle and the smaller one too? Or are you leaving it at room temp?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:38:54 AM UTC-7, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 7/30/2014 9:23 AM, Kalmia wrote:
>
> > Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking
> > and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's
> > full of the real thing,

> No substitute, in my opinion.
>
> > kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.

> I bet it would make a great dishwasher or toilet cleaner.

Whoa!

Give it to someone who makes jam. Many recipes call for lemon juice, and
the commercial stuff is reliably 5% acidity.

We tried freezing Meyer lemon juice once, when the neighbor gave us
a bag one December. It did not compare to fresh squeezed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:38:54 AM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:

> I bet it would make a great dishwasher or toilet cleaner.

Hey - thanks for the tip. Into the bathroom it goes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:41:44 AM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
>
> > wrote:
>

> >giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it - it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.

> Surely you can find a smaller squeeze bottle, or transfer to a pump
>
> bottle.

I like glass jars better - I can see the contents and quantity and give em a good wash.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it - it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.
>
>Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's full of the real thing, kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.
>
>Steakums: lousy.
>
>What items have you bought and regretted?

In spite of potential savings, I won't buy ketchup, mayo, peanut
butter in large containers. By the time you get to the last 1/4 or
so, it is getting yucky from old age.

We always have lemons in the house. The bottled stuff does not taste
as good. Same with crushed/chopped garlic in a jar.

Never had a store bought potato salad that was worth having. If not
home made, we won't have it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 7/30/2014 9:23 AM, Kalmia wrote:
>
>> Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking
> > and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's
> > full of the real thing,

> No substitute, in my opinion.
>
>> kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.

> I bet it would make a great dishwasher or toilet cleaner.

I never thought of that!!! Excellent idea)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:
> giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it - it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.
>
> Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's full of the real thing, kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.
>
> Steakums: lousy.
>
> What items have you bought and regretted?

I bought some cheap cotija cheese -- it's rubbery, makes little rubber
pellets when you "crumble" it... bleargh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 08:24:45 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:07:33 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
>>
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it - it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door.

>> I bought a huge bottle of cheap BBQ sauce a while back and quickly
>>
>> realized the huge bottle was completely unsuitable for actual use, so
>>
>> I washed out the much smaller glass bottle from the last cheap BBQ
>>
>> sauce I was using, and I just refill the smaller usable dispensing and
>>
>> storage bottle from the large bottle.
>>

>> John Kuthe...
>>

>> ---
>>
>> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

>Aren't you just taking up more fridge space tho, what with storing the huge bottle and the smaller one too? Or are you leaving it at room temp?

I leave it on the counter, I do not refrigerate BBQ sauce or Ketchup.

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:23:22 AM UTC-5, Kalmia wrote:

> What items have you bought and regretted?

Dukes mayonnaise. Too flat tasting to me; I couldn't wait to finish that jar to be rid of it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:44:59 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 08:24:45 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
>
> > wrote:
>

> >On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:07:33 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

> >> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia

> >> I bought a huge bottle of cheap BBQ sauce a while back and quickly

> >> realized the huge bottle was completely unsuitable for actual use, so

> >> I washed out the much smaller glass bottle from the last cheap BBQ

> >> sauce I was using, and I just refill the smaller usable dispensing and

> >> storage bottle from the large bottle.

> >> John Kuthe...

> >> ---

> >> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

> >Aren't you just taking up more fridge space tho, what with storing the huge bottle and the smaller one too? Or are you leaving it at room temp?

> I leave it on the counter, I do not refrigerate BBQ sauce or Ketchup.
>

> John Kuthe...
>

> ---

Uh-oh.....we've had THAT thread a few times.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it -
> it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The
> savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass
> jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.

I was buying Ketchup at Costco and giving some to the food bank. It's just
sooo much cheaper for the big bottles but storage is a problem. Now I only
buy that size if making meatloaf. I have switched to the low sugar kind and
it comes in small bottles.

> Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking and
> rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's full of
> the real thing, kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the
> reconstituted junk.

Made that mistake too. Was the time when daughter was in summer school and
had to make a food that would have been eaten on Lewis and Clark's journey.
We opted for dried apples. We bought the apples at Costco and not wanting
to go to another store, the lemon juice too. Never used the whole first
bottle and never opened the second one.

> Steakums: lousy.

I think I bought those or similar and wound up throwing them out. Husband's
friend said they were good but nobody wanted to eat them.

> What items have you bought and regretted?

The B1G2F meats at Albertsons. Steak and pork loin. Really bad meat.

The Forelle pears from Costco. Tasteless and grainy.

Some sort of pudding snack that was put out maybe 10-12 years ago. They
were either rollups or little nuggets of super thick pudding. Shelf stable
and in a box. Blech.

Diet Coke with Splenda. Blech

Hytop refried beans. Tasted fine but very runny.

Italian seasoning from Costco. Smelled like mildew and tasted icky.

Sugar free anything with sugar alcohols.

The Kroger brand Mexican meats.

Sabra hummus. I don't care who voted it best. It doesn't taste good.

Magnum ice cream bars. I got tons of those when they were new. I actually
didn't pay much at all due to coupons but nobody would eat them.

Jiffy mixes from Hometown Favorites. Came with weevils in some of the
boxes.

Bean pasta. Oh ick!

Dreamfields pasta. I am now part of their class action lawsuit!

Some sort of Tri-Colore bulk pasta in large shapes from Fred Meyer. I don't
know what the problem was. Tasted great but always gave me bad stomach
pains after I ate it.

Pretty much any of the bulk foods from Manna Mills. Not fresh!

Some sort of chia drink in a pouch. It was icky.

Some of the Amy's frozen foods. Some are good. Others are not. I would
know them by sight but can't remember the names.

Ground turkey. Just say no!

Most canned soups. Seriously most. I do eat bean with bacon and beef with
barley. That's about it.

Vegall. Not like I remembered it.

Steamfresh vegetables. They taste weird.

Some sort of Dijon potatoes and green beans in a shelf stable container.
This was probably back in the 1980's. Really bad.

Most all food labled as diet foods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pete C." > wrote in message
. com...

> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> On 7/30/2014 9:23 AM, Kalmia wrote:
>>
>> > Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking
>> > and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's
>> > full of the real thing,

>> No substitute, in my opinion.
>>
>> > kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.

>> I bet it would make a great dishwasher or toilet cleaner.
>>
>> nancy

> Hellman's Mayo - I used to like it, but it seems they changed their
> formula and I became increasingly dissatisfied with it. Then someone,
> Sqwertz I think mentioned the Heinz mayo and I found that much more to
> my liking.

Get the Just Mayo! Get the Just Mayo!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Kalmia" > wrote in message
>> giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it -
>> it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The
>> savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass
>> jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.
>>
>> Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking and
>> rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's full
>> of the real thing, kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the
>> reconstituted junk.
>>
>> Steakums: lousy.
>>
>> What items have you bought and regretted?

> Kraft Olive Oil Mayo, but...I did buy it at the .99 cent store so not
> really a huge loss. I also hated the bacon flavored hot dogs from Oscar
> Meyer, but the dog liked them. I don't really like huge containers of
> anything that needs to be refrigerated either.
>
> Cheri

I've been playing the change the container game. Not necessarily with
purchased things but things that I made. Start out with a huge container
and as it gets eaten, put in a smaller one. Yesterday my fridge looked
full. Today it looks empty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> > wrote:
>
>>giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it -
>>it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The
>>savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass
>>jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.
>>
>>Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking and
>>rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's full of
>>the real thing, kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the
>>reconstituted junk.
>>
>>Steakums: lousy.
>>
>>What items have you bought and regretted?

> In spite of potential savings, I won't buy ketchup, mayo, peanut
> butter in large containers. By the time you get to the last 1/4 or
> so, it is getting yucky from old age.
>
> We always have lemons in the house. The bottled stuff does not taste
> as good. Same with crushed/chopped garlic in a jar.
>
> Never had a store bought potato salad that was worth having. If not
> home made, we won't have it.

Peanut butter is the really bad one. I made the mistake of buying it at
Costco once. Went rancid before I reached the bottom of the container.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> Kalmia wrote:
>> giant bottle of ketchup. I curse that thing every time I reach for it -
>> it's tall and takes up a lot of space forever on the fridge door. The
>> savings are not worth the hassle. I'm going to transfer it to a glass
>> jar when it gets down to about 6 oz.
>>
>> Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking and
>> rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's full
>> of the real thing, kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the
>> reconstituted junk.
>>
>> Steakums: lousy.
>>
>> What items have you bought and regretted?

> I bought some cheap cotija cheese -- it's rubbery, makes little rubber
> pellets when you "crumble" it... bleargh.

I had cheese like that once. It was called hoop cheddar. Still don't know
for sure what it is but it ruined my cheese and bacon dip. Didn't really
melt. Just went into warm, greasy pellets.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/30/2014 11:25 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> On 7/30/2014 9:23 AM, Kalmia wrote:
>>
>>> Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking
>> > and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my

>> freezer's
>> > full of the real thing,

>> No substitute, in my opinion.
>>
>>> kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.

>> I bet it would make a great dishwasher or toilet cleaner.

> I never thought of that!!! Excellent idea)

If you're a blonde or want blonde streaks in your hair, rinse your
hair with it and go lie out in the sun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/30/2014 12:25 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> On 7/30/2014 9:23 AM, Kalmia wrote:
>>
>>> Ditto on lemon juice. I bought the huge bottle without thinking
>> > and rarely use it - I hit a lemon and lime bonanza and my my freezer's
>> > full of the real thing,

>> No substitute, in my opinion.
>>
>>> kept in 1 oz. containers. Maybe i"ll just dump the reconstituted junk.

>> I bet it would make a great dishwasher or toilet cleaner.

> I never thought of that!!! Excellent idea)

Whenever I have something I know I'm not going to use, like
that shampoo I didn't like, I don't just toss it, I swish it
in the toilet as a cleaner. Heh. Hey ... why not?

And the lemon juice, they are always telling you to clean your
machine by running it with a bowl of vinegar, why not lemon
juice? Acid. Smells good.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 9:04 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

> Whenever I have something I know I'm not going to use, like
> that shampoo I didn't like, I don't just toss it, I swish it
> in the toilet as a cleaner. Heh. Hey ... why not?

One of the charitable trusts I was in charge of when I was a Senior
Trust Officer was one set up by the guy who patented Johnson's Baby
Shampoo. The original product was meant as a toilet bowl cleaner.

I am not kidding.

Please stick around for more useless information :-)
--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 11:12 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 7/31/2014 9:04 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Whenever I have something I know I'm not going to use, like
>> that shampoo I didn't like, I don't just toss it, I swish it
>> in the toilet as a cleaner. Heh. Hey ... why not?

> One of the charitable trusts I was in charge of when I was a Senior
> Trust Officer was one set up by the guy who patented Johnson's Baby
> Shampoo. The original product was meant as a toilet bowl cleaner.

So, they didn't want their toilet to cry? (No More Tears, wasn't that
the motto?)

> I am not kidding.

> Please stick around for more useless information :-)

I love "useless" information like this. :-D

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 11:34 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/31/2014 11:12 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> One of the charitable trusts I was in charge of when I was a Senior
>> Trust Officer was one set up by the guy who patented Johnson's Baby
>> Shampoo. The original product was meant as a toilet bowl cleaner.
>>

> So, they didn't want their toilet to cry? (No More Tears, wasn't that
> the motto?)
>
>> I am not kidding.

>> Please stick around for more useless information :-)

> I love "useless" information like this. :-D

Me, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 10:34 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/31/2014 11:12 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> On 7/31/2014 9:04 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>> Whenever I have something I know I'm not going to use, like
>>> that shampoo I didn't like, I don't just toss it, I swish it
>>> in the toilet as a cleaner. Heh. Hey ... why not?

>> One of the charitable trusts I was in charge of when I was a Senior
>> Trust Officer was one set up by the guy who patented Johnson's Baby
>> Shampoo. The original product was meant as a toilet bowl cleaner.
>>

> So, they didn't want their toilet to cry? (No More Tears, wasn't that
> the motto?)
>
>> I am not kidding.

>> Please stick around for more useless information :-)

> I love "useless" information like this. :-D
>
> Jill

A friend calls me a "cesspool of useless information." I did win money
on Jeopardy in 1972 (pre Alex Trebeck and pre big payouts) A terrifying
experience!

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 12:10 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:

> A friend calls me a "cesspool of useless information." I did win money
> on Jeopardy in 1972 (pre Alex Trebeck and pre big payouts) A terrifying
> experience!

My Dad called me the 'Custodian of the Golden Treasury of Useless
Information'!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 12:10 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 7/31/2014 10:34 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> One of the charitable trusts I was in charge of when I was a Senior
>>> Trust Officer was one set up by the guy who patented Johnson's Baby
>>> Shampoo. The original product was meant as a toilet bowl cleaner.
>>>

>> So, they didn't want their toilet to cry? (No More Tears, wasn't that
>> the motto?)
>>
>>> I am not kidding.

>>> Please stick around for more useless information :-)

>> I love "useless" information like this. :-D
>>
>> Jill

> A friend calls me a "cesspool of useless information." I did win money
> on Jeopardy in 1972 (pre Alex Trebeck and pre big payouts)

Art Fleming?

> A terrifying
> experience!

I was never on Jeopardy, but a co-worker did call me "Clarissa Claven"
after discovering I knew a lot of trivia. I took it as a compliment
since I wasn't like the character from Cheers who pretty much made stuff
up. I actually do have a good memory... for lots of rather unimportant
things.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 11:20 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> experience!
>> >

> I was never on Jeopardy, but a co-worker did call me "Clarissa Claven"
> after discovering I knew a lot of trivia. I took it as a compliment
> since I wasn't like the character from Cheers who pretty much made stuff
> up. I actually do have a good memory... for lots of rather unimportant
> things.
>
> Jill

Becca says that if I could get paid for all the old song lyrics in my
head we would be Millionaires.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 11:16 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 7/31/2014 12:10 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> A friend calls me a "cesspool of useless information." I did win money
>> on Jeopardy in 1972 (pre Alex Trebeck and pre big payouts) A terrifying
>> experience!
>>

> My Dad called me the 'Custodian of the Golden Treasury of Useless
> Information'!

LOL!

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 11:20 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> Art Fleming?

Art Fleming. I won $300 and sold the encyclopedia for a couple of
hundred more. It was perfect timing as the transmission in my old car
needed to be fixed.

I was the only one to get the final Jeopardy answer and two of us were
tied with the returning champ, who, of course returned.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 11:32 AM, George Leppla wrote:
> On 7/31/2014 11:20 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> experience!
>>> >

>> I was never on Jeopardy, but a co-worker did call me "Clarissa Claven"
>> after discovering I knew a lot of trivia. I took it as a compliment
>> since I wasn't like the character from Cheers who pretty much made stuff
>> up. I actually do have a good memory... for lots of rather unimportant
>> things.
>>
>> Jill

> Becca says that if I could get paid for all the old song lyrics in my
> head we would be Millionaires.
>
> George L

I know all the lyrics, but I can't carry a tune in a paper bag. I sing
at services because you are permitted to express faith in off-key. I
also like to sing show tunes when I'm a bit tipsy.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 12:04 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:

> I know all the lyrics, but I can't carry a tune in a paper bag. I sing
> at services because you are permitted to express faith in off-key. I
> also like to sing show tunes when I'm a bit tipsy.

Yep... in church the criteria is that you make a "joyful noise". No one
ever said you have to be on key.

My grandmother got me singing at a very early age... the same
grandmother who taught me how to cook. We often did both at the same
time. During a rough childhood, the kitchen was a happy place for me.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 7/30/2014 12:25 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> No substitute, in my opinion.

>>> I bet it would make a great dishwasher or toilet cleaner.

>> I never thought of that!!! Excellent idea)
>>

> Whenever I have something I know I'm not going to use, like
> that shampoo I didn't like, I don't just toss it, I swish it
> in the toilet as a cleaner. Heh. Hey ... why not?

Oh yes I use that stuff)

> And the lemon juice, they are always telling you to clean your
> machine by running it with a bowl of vinegar, why not lemon
> juice? Acid. Smells good.

Yep! All noted)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Moe DeLoughan" > wrote in message
> On 7/30/2014 11:25 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> freezer's
>>>
>>> No substitute, in my opinion.

>>> I bet it would make a great dishwasher or toilet cleaner.

>> I never thought of that!!! Excellent idea)
>>

> If you're a blonde or want blonde streaks in your hair, rinse your hair
> with it and go lie out in the sun.

Heh I might if much of my hair were not white <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote: