Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Brunch Tostada

It seems to take me all morning long to decide what I want to eat, so
I've been eating brunch a lot lately.
This morning I cooked the pinto beans I've been soaking, and refried
them. Since I love tostadas I decided to make a tostada for brunch.

On top of the crispy tortilla, are refried beans, scrambled egg, hot
sauce, onion, lettuce, tomato and a generous grating of queso
enchilado. Great idea.

https://flic.kr/p/oetdjG

That ought to hold me for a while. ;-)

koko
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/29/2014 2:18 PM, koko wrote:

> It seems to take me all morning long to decide what I want to eat, so
> I've been eating brunch a lot lately.
> This morning I cooked the pinto beans I've been soaking, and refried
> them. Since I love tostadas I decided to make a tostada for brunch.
>
> On top of the crispy tortilla, are refried beans, scrambled egg, hot
> sauce, onion, lettuce, tomato and a generous grating of queso
> enchilado. Great idea.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/oetdjG
>
> That ought to hold me for a while. ;-)
>
> koko

Looks great!

Last night was Mexican night here in Leppland and we had home made
tamales, Spanish rice and beans.

There was a little rice and some beans left over, so today for lunch,
Becca mixed the rice and beans together with some shredded cheese and
added some salsa. Nuked until the cheese melted and served with nachos.

I've been so busy that I've been eating a lot of lunches at my desk here
lately... and this one was great!

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/29/2014 2:32 PM, George Leppla wrote:
> On 7/29/2014 2:18 PM, koko wrote:
>>
>> It seems to take me all morning long to decide what I want to eat, so
>> I've been eating brunch a lot lately.
>> This morning I cooked the pinto beans I've been soaking, and refried
>> them. Since I love tostadas I decided to make a tostada for brunch.
>>
>> On top of the crispy tortilla, are refried beans, scrambled egg, hot
>> sauce, onion, lettuce, tomato and a generous grating of queso
>> enchilado. Great idea.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/oetdjG
>>
>> That ought to hold me for a while. ;-)
>>
>> koko
>>

> Looks great!
>
> Last night was Mexican night here in Leppland and we had home made
> tamales, Spanish rice and beans.
>
> There was a little rice and some beans left over, so today for lunch,
> Becca mixed the rice and beans together with some shredded cheese and
> added some salsa. Nuked until the cheese melted and served with nachos.
>
> I've been so busy that I've been eating a lot of lunches at my desk here
> lately... and this one was great!
>
> George L

I still have some of that brisket I smoked and defrosted so I'm going to
make enchiladas Suissa again with the chopped up brisket. This time I
think I'll add some onion and cilantro. I have some refritos in a can I
can open and heat up to go with the enchiladas

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:18:13 -0700, koko > wrote:

> It seems to take me all morning long to decide what I want to eat, so
> I've been eating brunch a lot lately.
> This morning I cooked the pinto beans I've been soaking, and refried
> them. Since I love tostadas I decided to make a tostada for brunch.
>
> On top of the crispy tortilla, are refried beans, scrambled egg, hot
> sauce, onion, lettuce, tomato and a generous grating of queso
> enchilado. Great idea.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/oetdjG
>
> That ought to hold me for a while. ;-)

Looks delicious!

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

Egg Tostada casa bona Recipes 3 30-01-2014 04:13 AM
Egg Tostada Tara General Cooking 7 11-06-2013 12:34 AM
Egg Tostada casa bona Mexican Cooking 0 10-06-2013 09:07 PM