Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stocking up.

In these days of daily increasing prices your food budget for most is the
largest opportunity to save money. One can not easily decrease their house
or car, or insurance payments they're fixed.
This leaves us with an invest in commodities mentality, No not corn futures,
or even pork bellies, rather the coffee you drink, or the toilet paper you
use. So when is the best time to stock up?

Consider the following:
People get paid in the following ways:
Daily
Weekly
Twice a month
Monthly

At the end of the month there is more money in circulation than any other
time because most everyone gets paid. Now the Grocery companies with all
their sophistication know and take advantage of this fact. Consequently,
they try to lure their customer into their stores with their most attractive
offers at the weekend surrounding the end of the month. Watch the ads. see
for yourself.

Next time coupons......

Be well

Dimitri (yep that one)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/28/2014 6:49 PM, Dimitri wrote:

> Consider the following:
> People get paid in the following ways:
> Daily
> Weekly
> Twice a month
> Monthly
>
> At the end of the month there is more money in circulation than any
> other time because most everyone gets paid. Now the Grocery companies
> with all their sophistication know and take advantage of this fact.
> Consequently, they try to lure their customer into their stores with
> their most attractive offers at the weekend surrounding the end of the
> month. Watch the ads. see for yourself.
>
> Next time coupons......
>
> Be well
>
> Dimitri (yep that one)

(waving) Hey, Dimitri!

Interesting, just one thing ... many people are paid biweekly,
which is different from semi-monthly and doesn't especially
correspond with the day of the month.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> The end of the month is when people are more likely to be broke. In
> any event, my grocery ads seems to suck the last year or so - it
> doesn't matter what week of the month it is. They're even resorting
> to advertising things that are at everyday regular prices just to fill
> up the space.
>
> -sw

I have to agree with that, and I'm noticing a lot more of the BOGO where the
price is ridiculous for one. Not long ago Wishbone Ranch Dressing was BOGO,
they listed the price for one as $4.99. Give me a break.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/28/2014 10:46 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:49:55 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
>
>> At the end of the month there is more money in circulation than any other
>> time because most everyone gets paid.

> I only know one person who doesn't get paid every other Friday. So
> that makes paydays fairly random (except for Fridays).

>> Consequently,
>> they try to lure their customer into their stores with their most attractive
>> offers at the weekend surrounding the end of the month. Watch the ads. see
>> for yourself.

> The end of the month is when people are more likely to be broke. In
> any event, my grocery ads seems to suck the last year or so - it
> doesn't matter what week of the month it is. They're even resorting
> to advertising things that are at everyday regular prices just to fill
> up the space.
>
> -sw

I have read the last week is the most money in the consumer pocket as it
is the biggest payday. I've been getting paid the last Thursday for the
past 33 years at two different companies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:57:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> On 7/28/2014 10:46 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:49:55 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
> >
> >> At the end of the month there is more money in circulation than any other
> >> time because most everyone gets paid.

> > I only know one person who doesn't get paid every other Friday. So
> > that makes paydays fairly random (except for Fridays).

> >> Consequently,
> >> they try to lure their customer into their stores with their most attractive
> >> offers at the weekend surrounding the end of the month. Watch the ads. see
> >> for yourself.

> > The end of the month is when people are more likely to be broke. In
> > any event, my grocery ads seems to suck the last year or so - it
> > doesn't matter what week of the month it is. They're even resorting
> > to advertising things that are at everyday regular prices just to fill
> > up the space.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> I have read the last week is the most money in the consumer pocket as it
> is the biggest payday. I've been getting paid the last Thursday for the
> past 33 years at two different companies.

State workers are only paid once a month, at least that's the way it
worked in California when my husband was a government employee. I
think the checks were dated the first, but they were came a couple of
days earlier and banks would cash them earlier too. During the years
he worked for the state, he only had trouble cashing it early once.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 7/28/2014 10:46 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:49:55 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
>>
>>> At the end of the month there is more money in circulation than any
>>> other
>>> time because most everyone gets paid.

>> I only know one person who doesn't get paid every other Friday. So
>> that makes paydays fairly random (except for Fridays).

>>> Consequently,
>>> they try to lure their customer into their stores with their most
>>> attractive
>>> offers at the weekend surrounding the end of the month. Watch the ads.
>>> see
>>> for yourself.

>> The end of the month is when people are more likely to be broke. In
>> any event, my grocery ads seems to suck the last year or so - it
>> doesn't matter what week of the month it is. They're even resorting
>> to advertising things that are at everyday regular prices just to fill
>> up the space.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> I have read the last week is the most money in the consumer pocket as it
> is the biggest payday. I've been getting paid the last Thursday for the
> past 33 years at two different companies.

My disability comes in on the 4th Wed. each month. So close to the end of
the month but not always the last week. Husband's disability and retirement
come in on the 1st unless that falls on a weekend or holiday and then we get
it on the Fri. before. His pay comes every two weeks so never a set date.

My friend who works in a pharmacy said that she sees the most customers on
the 1st because many years ago that is when they paid out the social
security and disability. It is no longer that way but there are still a lot
of elderly and disabled people who get their money then.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/30/2014 11:58 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> My disability comes in on the 4th Wed. each month. So close to the end
> of the month but not always the last week. Husband's disability and
> retirement come in on the 1st unless that falls on a weekend or holiday
> and then we get it on the Fri. before. His pay comes every two weeks so
> never a set date.

I'm sorry that your family is so disabled. That must be hard.
--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2014 10:51 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:57:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> I have read the last week is the most money in the consumer pocket as it
>> is the biggest payday. I've been getting paid the last Thursday for the
>> past 33 years at two different companies.

> They have the most money because they haven't paid next month's rent
> yet.
>
> -sw

Thanks for sharing your money management expertise.

How many books of green stamps have you saved up?