Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default BLT on Toast

BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
even want to know.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2014 6:39 PM, Tara wrote:

> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
> even want to know.

Doesn't exist.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-07-25 6:39 PM, Tara wrote:
> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
> even want to know.

BLT in toast. I was under the impression than BLTs are always toasted.
I can't imagine them any other way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Friday, July 25, 2014 3:39:28 PM UTC-7, Tara wrote:
> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
>
> even want to know.
>

> Tara

put a scrambled egg on it, then it's better !!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 25, 2014 6:39:28 PM UTC-4, Tara wrote:
> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
>
> even want to know.
>

> Tara

BLT on toasted raisin bread. A fave when I was a kid. Drove my aunt crazy one summer when we were farmed out to her for a week. That's all we wanted and she obliged.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:39:28 -0500, Tara >
wrote:

>BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
>even want to know.

Breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Or late-night snack. Doesn't matter.
Nothing beats it.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
> even want to know.
>
> Tara

I might have that. Haven't eaten yet and nothing sounds appealing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, July 25, 2014 3:39:28 PM UTC-7, Tara wrote:
>> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
>>
>> even want to know.
>>

>> Tara

> put a scrambled egg on it, then it's better !!

NOPE

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 20:44:17 -0400, Doris Night
> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:39:28 -0500, Tara >
> wrote:
>
> >BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
> >even want to know.

> Breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Or late-night snack. Doesn't matter.
> Nothing beats it.

Agree, but Becca got my imagination going with her BLAT + chicken
sandwich.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2014 6:50 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-07-25 6:39 PM, Tara wrote:
>> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
>> even want to know.
>>

> BLT in toast. I was under the impression than BLTs are always toasted. I
> can't imagine them any other way.

Kaiser roll?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 7/25/2014 6:50 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2014-07-25 6:39 PM, Tara wrote:
> >> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
> >> even want to know.
> >>

> > BLT in toast. I was under the impression than BLTs are always toasted. I
> > can't imagine them any other way.
> >

> Kaiser roll?

As sw mentioned, I like them on fresh, soft white bread best. I'll use
toast if the bread isn't that way.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:

> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
> even want to know.
>
> Tara

BLT on soft white bread. Other than that, toast works well too.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Friday, July 25, 2014 7:53:18 PM UTC-7, tert in seattle wrote:
> ImStillMags wrote:
>
> > On Friday, July 25, 2014 3:39:28 PM UTC-7, Tara wrote:

> >> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't

> >> even want to know.

> >> Tara

> > put a scrambled egg on it, then it's better !!

> NOPE

OH... but, it is the bestest breakfast sandwich ever. Toasted multigrain bread, lettuce, tomato, lots of many and an egg, whisked and made into a little pancake and folded on the sandwich. Seriously, if you haven't done it, try it. PLenty of salt and black pepper too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, July 25, 2014 7:53:18 PM UTC-7, tert in seattle wrote:
>> ImStillMags wrote:

>> > put a scrambled egg on it, then it's better !!

>> NOPE

> OH... but, it is the bestest breakfast sandwich ever. Toasted multigrain bread, lettuce, tomato, lots of many and an egg, whisked and made into a little pancake and folded on the sandwich. Seriously, if you haven't done it, try it. PLenty of salt and black pepper too.

ooh I love breakfast sandwiches, although I'm not sure sure I'd want one
with lettuce ... but I don't think you can put an egg on a BLT and say it's
"better" that way

everyone has their thing - mine is, don't mess with a BLT

yes especially don't put avocado in there -- that's a BLAT

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 25, 2014 6:12:11 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:39:28 -0500, Tara wrote:
>

> > BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't

> > even want to know.

> BLT on squishy white bread. Now you know!

Growing up, it was bacon and tomato (never lettuce) on Wonder-type
bread. I wouldn't do that now. These days I use iceberg lettuce
in lieu of bread, but one of these days I might revisit the squishy
white bread experience. I read that to my wife, and she said, Ewww."

> -sw

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>Dave Smith wrote:
>>Tara wrote:
>>
>>>BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
>>>even want to know.

>>BLT in toast. I was under the impression than BLTs are always toasted. I
>>can't imagine them any other way.

>Kaiser roll?

BLTBurger on a kaiser roll.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/26/2014 11:27 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> BLT in toast. I was under the impression than BLTs are always toasted. I
>>> can't imagine them any other way.

>> Kaiser roll?

> BLTBurger on a kaiser roll.

That sounds good.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 25, 2014 4:39:28 PM UTC-6, Tara wrote:
> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
>
> even want to know.
>

> Tara

When the garden tomatoes are coming on, a BLT is the VERY best food to be had. I like mine on toasted white (Wonder) bread. I never by that bread any other time of the year. Mine must have real mayo on it.

A couple of times in the last two weeks, I have had bacon and tomato for breakfast. No bread, no lettuce. I do use the mayo on them.

DaleP
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:51:10 PM UTC-5, dalep wrote:
> On Friday, July 25, 2014 4:39:28 PM UTC-6, Tara wrote:
>
> > BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't

> > even want to know.

> > Tara

> When the garden tomatoes are coming on, a BLT is the VERY best food to be had. I like mine on toasted white (Wonder) bread. I never by that bread any other time of the year. Mine must have real mayo on it.
>

> A couple of times in the last two weeks, I have had bacon and tomato for breakfast. No bread, no lettuce. I do use the mayo on them.

That SHIT that comes from jars with labels that say "real mayonnaise"
ISN'T real mayonnaise.

> DaleP

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 26, 2014 10:46:48 AM UTC-5, tert in seattle wrote:

> everyone has their thing - mine is, don't mess with a BLT
>

> yes especially don't put avocado in there -- that's a BLAT

And one should never eat a sandwich with an unappetizing acronym.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:35:40 PM UTC-6, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:51:10 PM UTC-5, dalep wrote:
>
> > On Friday, July 25, 2014 4:39:28 PM UTC-6, Tara wrote:

> > > BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't

> > > even want to know.

> > > Tara

> > When the garden tomatoes are coming on, a BLT is the VERY best food to be had. I like mine on toasted white (Wonder) bread. I never by that bread any other time of the year. Mine must have real mayo on it.

> > A couple of times in the last two weeks, I have had bacon and tomato for breakfast. No bread, no lettuce. I do use the mayo on them.

> That SHIT that comes from jars with labels that say "real mayonnaise"
>
> ISN'T real mayonnaise.
>

> > DaleP

> --Bryan

Gee Bryan, did I say I got the mayo from a jar??

DaleP
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 26, 2014 3:49:20 PM UTC-4, dalep wrote:
> On Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:35:40 PM UTC-6, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> > > When the garden tomatoes are coming on, a BLT is the VERY best food to be had. I like mine on toasted white (Wonder) bread. I never by that bread any other time of the year. Mine must have real mayo on it.

> > > A couple of times in the last two weeks, I have had bacon and tomato for breakfast. No bread, no lettuce. I do use the mayo on them.

> > That SHIT that comes from jars with labels that say "real mayonnaise"

> > ISN'T real mayonnaise.

> > > DaleP

> > --Bryan

> Gee Bryan, did I say I got the mayo from a jar??
>

> DaleP

He maybe figured if you use Wonder bread, then it only follows that .....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 26, 2014 2:01:44 PM UTC-6, Kalmia wrote:
> On Saturday, July 26, 2014 3:49:20 PM UTC-4, dalep wrote:

> > > That SHIT that comes from jars with labels that say "real mayonnaise"

> > > ISN'T real mayonnaise.

> > > --Bryan

> > Gee Bryan, did I say I got the mayo from a jar??

> > DaleP

> He maybe figured if you use Wonder bread, then it only follows that .....

Well that could be, but I did say I only buy white bread in the summer, for my BLT. Don't know why I like it on the Wonder bread. My mother never bought Wonder bread when we were kids. She also never cooked bacon!

DaleP
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2014 5:39 PM, Tara wrote:
> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
> even want to know.

When I first moved to Clinton, Iowa there was an A&W Rootbeer stand in
town. They served their BLT with shredded iceberg lettuce and grilled
the sandwich, like a grilled cheese. I had major doubts when I first
ordered one but it was one of the best BLTs I've ever had. A&W was a
frequent lunch stop when i worked just down the road and I had many of
their grilled BLTs after that. Each was as good as the first. (-:

--
DreadfulBitch

I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 07:32:06 -0700, ImStillMags wrote:

> OH... but, it is the bestest breakfast sandwich ever. Toasted
> multigrain bread, lettuce, tomato, lots of many and an egg, whisked and
> made into a little pancake and folded on the sandwich. Seriously, if
> you haven't done it, try it. PLenty of salt and black pepper too.

I can't quite imagine lettuce with egg on a sandwich, but I am willing to
be proved wrong. I like egg on green salad and spinach omelets, so how
different can it be? I'll try it sometime.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:23:35 -0700, Kalmia wrote:

> BLT on toasted raisin bread. A fave when I was a kid. Drove my aunt
> crazy one summer when we were farmed out to her for a week. That's all
> we wanted and she obliged.

That's an interesting mix of flavors. Sounds worth a try!

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/26/2014 6:29 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
> On 7/25/2014 5:39 PM, Tara wrote:
>> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
>> even want to know.

> When I first moved to Clinton, Iowa there was an A&W Rootbeer stand in
> town. They served their BLT with shredded iceberg lettuce and grilled
> the sandwich, like a grilled cheese. I had major doubts when I first
> ordered one but it was one of the best BLTs I've ever had. A&W was a
> frequent lunch stop when i worked just down the road and I had many of
> their grilled BLTs after that. Each was as good as the first. (-:

They had the most awesome chili dogs at A&W, too.

If it wasn't for the GERD, I'd still be ordering chili dogs wherever I go.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/26/2014 7:10 PM, Tara wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 07:32:06 -0700, ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> OH... but, it is the bestest breakfast sandwich ever. Toasted
>> multigrain bread, lettuce, tomato, lots of many and an egg, whisked and
>> made into a little pancake and folded on the sandwich. Seriously, if
>> you haven't done it, try it. PLenty of salt and black pepper too.

> I can't quite imagine lettuce with egg on a sandwich, but I am willing to
> be proved wrong. I like egg on green salad and spinach omelets, so how
> different can it be? I'll try it sometime.
>
> Tara

In Brazil, a hamburger with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles, might
include a fried egg. I find that strange, but I do not think they do.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ema Nymton wrote:
> Tara wrote:
>> ImStillMags wrote:
>>
>>> OH... but, it is the bestest breakfast sandwich ever. Toasted
>>> multigrain bread, lettuce, tomato, lots of many and an egg, whisked and
>>> made into a little pancake and folded on the sandwich. Seriously, if
>>> you haven't done it, try it. PLenty of salt and black pepper too.

>> I can't quite imagine lettuce with egg on a sandwich, but I am willing to
>> be proved wrong. I like egg on green salad and spinach omelets, so how
>> different can it be? I'll try it sometime.

>In Brazil, a hamburger with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles, might
>include a fried egg. I find that strange, but I do not think they do.

Eating lots of eggs is why Brazilian women have amazing asses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CysU6CgCb-c
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 16:58:30 -0500, Ema Nymton >
wrote:

>On 7/26/2014 7:10 PM, Tara wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 07:32:06 -0700, ImStillMags wrote:
>>
>>> OH... but, it is the bestest breakfast sandwich ever. Toasted
>>> multigrain bread, lettuce, tomato, lots of many and an egg, whisked and
>>> made into a little pancake and folded on the sandwich. Seriously, if
>>> you haven't done it, try it. PLenty of salt and black pepper too.

>> I can't quite imagine lettuce with egg on a sandwich, but I am willing to
>> be proved wrong. I like egg on green salad and spinach omelets, so how
>> different can it be? I'll try it sometime.
>>
>> Tara

>In Brazil, a hamburger with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles, might
>include a fried egg. I find that strange, but I do not think they do.
>
>Becca

I've eaten that hamburger with the egg and it's wonderful.

koko

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> In Brazil, a hamburger with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles, might
> include a fried egg. I find that strange, but I do not think they do.

Here I thought it was just an Australian aberration.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2014 6:39 PM, Tara wrote:

> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
> even want to know.

Well, I got my BLT craving out of the way today. The craving
brought on by this post.

Went to New Hope to see a play this afternoon, and had lunch in
a brew pub. I feel that you can never go wrong dining at a brew
pub. I don't drink beer but they always seem to have good food.

Not only did the BLT have regular tomato, it had a fried green
tomato. Wonderful pepper bacon. Instead of mayo, guacamole.
I love my mayo, so that would have been just as good, to me.

http://tinypic.com/r/10qf22p/8

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:16:04 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 7/25/2014 6:39 PM, Tara wrote:
>
>> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
>> even want to know.

>Well, I got my BLT craving out of the way today. The craving
>brought on by this post.
>
>Went to New Hope to see a play this afternoon, and had lunch in
>a brew pub. I feel that you can never go wrong dining at a brew
>pub. I don't drink beer but they always seem to have good food.
>
>Not only did the BLT have regular tomato, it had a fried green
>tomato. Wonderful pepper bacon. Instead of mayo, guacamole.
>I love my mayo, so that would have been just as good, to me.
>
>http://tinypic.com/r/10qf22p/8
>
>nancy

That dog 'll hunt. Looks delicious.

Pickles look like half-sours.

koko
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 8:48 PM, koko wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:16:04 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>> Not only did the BLT have regular tomato, it had a fried green
>> tomato. Wonderful pepper bacon. Instead of mayo, guacamole.
>> I love my mayo, so that would have been just as good, to me.
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/10qf22p/8

> That dog 'll hunt. Looks delicious.
>
> Pickles look like half-sours.

Funny you should mention the pickles. Normally I don't
photograph my lunch, but it just looked so good I took a
quick shot. What you don't see are the really excellent
fries behind the sandwich. I'd rotated my plate to share
them and somehow I never got around to eating those pickles.

Only when I looked at the shot did I realize I forgot them.
Darn.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 7:16 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 7/25/2014 6:39 PM, Tara wrote:
>
>> BLT on Toast was tonight's dinner. If there is anything better, I don't
>> even want to know.

> Well, I got my BLT craving out of the way today. The craving
> brought on by this post.
>
> Went to New Hope to see a play this afternoon, and had lunch in
> a brew pub. I feel that you can never go wrong dining at a brew
> pub. I don't drink beer but they always seem to have good food.
>
> Not only did the BLT have regular tomato, it had a fried green
> tomato. Wonderful pepper bacon. Instead of mayo, guacamole.
> I love my mayo, so that would have been just as good, to me.
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/10qf22p/8
>
> nancy

Yum! Did you get ice cream for dessert. New Hope used to have great
ice cream places.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2014 9:44 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 7/31/2014 7:16 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 7/25/2014 6:39 PM, Tara wrote:

>> Not only did the BLT have regular tomato, it had a fried green
>> tomato. Wonderful pepper bacon. Instead of mayo, guacamole.
>> I love my mayo, so that would have been just as good, to me.
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/10qf22p/8

> Yum! Did you get ice cream for dessert. New Hope used to have great
> ice cream places.

No, we looked in a couple of places but didn't get any.
It did look good, but that was a big lunch.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 7/31/2014 8:48 PM, koko wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:16:04 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> Not only did the BLT have regular tomato, it had a fried green
>>> tomato. Wonderful pepper bacon. Instead of mayo, guacamole.
>>> I love my mayo, so that would have been just as good, to me.
>>>
>>> http://tinypic.com/r/10qf22p/8

>> That dog 'll hunt. Looks delicious.
>>
>> Pickles look like half-sours.

> Funny you should mention the pickles. Normally I don't
> photograph my lunch, but it just looked so good I took a
> quick shot. What you don't see are the really excellent
> fries behind the sandwich. I'd rotated my plate to share
> them and somehow I never got around to eating those pickles.
>
> Only when I looked at the shot did I realize I forgot them.
> Darn.
>
> nancy

Your sandwich looks wonderful, I bet the fries did too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2014 12:49 AM, Cheri wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Funny you should mention the pickles. Normally I don't
>> photograph my lunch, but it just looked so good I took a
>> quick shot. What you don't see are the really excellent
>> fries behind the sandwich. I'd rotated my plate to share
>> them and somehow I never got around to eating those pickles.
>>
>> Only when I looked at the shot did I realize I forgot them.
>> Darn.

> Your sandwich looks wonderful, I bet the fries did too.

They were gone. I can't say that about a lot of the fries
I get in restaurants, they aren't always worth it.

nancy

I'll Toast To That! Judy Haffner General Cooking 26 08-05-2013 03:48 AM
To Toast or Not to Toast Bread? Andy[_2_] General Cooking 26 26-12-2007 06:44 PM
Toast 3Rivers Writer General Cooking 5 29-11-2007 12:18 AM
Toast T General Cooking 2 10-12-2004 05:00 PM