Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default OT Fireworks

Don't try this at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8whVxTj7iQ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/5/2014 1:06 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> Don't try this at home.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8whVxTj7iQ

There's nothing wrong with making fake videos and passing it off as the
real stuff. A long as nobody get hurt, what's the harm in that? That
guy's acting is a cut above most homemade fake vids.

Here's the real thing - I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQU4mjE2pQA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 16:06:34 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>Don't try this at home.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watc

Don't use sodium peroxide as an oxizer accelerant! It works TOO well!
Don't ask me how I knowm,bbut it ended my amateur pyrotechics
experiments!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

> Don't try this at home.

The other night the cops appeared at my door telling me they found a dead guy down the street and wanted to know if I had heard any shots.

"Yeah", I said, "but I thought they were fireworks."

I didn't like the way they were looking at me. They were the same two cops who showed up two months ago when a dude was shot to death down the street and they wanted to know if I had heard the shots.

"Yes", I told them that time, "but I thought it was coming from someone's TV."

"Well, you're going to know without a doubt where this sound is coming from, punk", boomed one of the cops while drawing his pistol as his partner grabbed him by the shoulder and shook him gently, calming him by repeating over and over, "It's just the 4th of July, Jack - forget it, forget it - it's just the 4th of July........", as the trumpet-lead theme from the movie China town edged in slowly and sweetly to wind down the drama.

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> Don't try this at home.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8whVxTj7iQ

lol he's off his trolley!!! That is in his house? On his tablecloth? Next
to his curtains???

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/5/2014 1:06 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>> Don't try this at home.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8whVxTj7iQ
>>

> There's nothing wrong with making fake videos and passing it off as the
> real stuff. A long as nobody get hurt, what's the harm in that? That guy's
> acting is a cut above most homemade fake vids.
>
> Here's the real thing - I think.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQU4mjE2pQA

Ouch!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 16:06:34 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
>>Don't try this at home.
>>
>>https://www.youtube.com/watc

> Don't use sodium peroxide as an oxizer accelerant! It works TOO well!
> Don't ask me how I knowm,bbut it ended my amateur pyrotechics
> experiments!!

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 11:15:11 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>

> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> > Don't try this at home.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8whVxTj7iQ

> lol he's off his trolley!!! That is in his house? On his tablecloth? Next
> to his curtains???

There's a reason why Dueling Banjo's is the background music
(hint: Deliverance)

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message
ImStillMags wrote:

> Don't try this at home.

The other night the cops appeared at my door telling me they found a dead
guy down the street and wanted to know if I had heard any shots.

"Yeah", I said, "but I thought they were fireworks."

I didn't like the way they were looking at me. They were the same two cops
who showed up two months ago when a dude was shot to death down the street
and they wanted to know if I had heard the shots.

"Yes", I told them that time, "but I thought it was coming from someone's
TV."

"Well, you're going to know without a doubt where this sound is coming from,
punk", boomed one of the cops while drawing his pistol as his partner
grabbed him by the shoulder and shook him gently, calming him by repeating
over and over, "It's just the 4th of July, Jack - forget it, forget it -
it's just the 4th of July........", as the trumpet-lead theme from the movie
China town edged in slowly and sweetly to wind down the drama.

TJ

----------

did he kill you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 11:15:11 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>>

>> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message
>> > Don't try this at home.
>> >
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8whVxTj7iQ

>> lol he's off his trolley!!! That is in his house? On his tablecloth?
>> Next
>> to his curtains???

> There's a reason why Dueling Banjo's is the background music
> (hint: Deliverance)

Sorry, means nothing to me.
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2014 11:16 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> There's a reason why Dueling Banjo's is the background music
>> (hint: Deliverance)

> Sorry, means nothing to me.

'Deliverance' is a movie from 1972 where four "city men" decide to go
canoeing down a river through the middle of hillbilly country. They run
into a bunch of backwoods rednecks who terrorize them. One of the
characters is raped by the men they ran into. It was a rather
disturbing movie.

Dueling Banjos is a fine piece of music if you like that sort of thing.
Here's a clip from the movie (hope you can see it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

The boy playing the banjo was born with Downs Syndrome. The impression
given in the movie is everyone who lives in the backwoods are inbred.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 16:16:46 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 11:15:11 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > > wrote:

> >> lol he's off his trolley!!! That is in his house? On his tablecloth?
> >> Next
> >> to his curtains???

> > There's a reason why Dueling Banjo's is the background music
> > (hint: Deliverance)

> Sorry, means nothing to me.

The meaning is on multiple levels, but if you have never seen
Deliverance - you wouldn't get it anyway.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/6/2014 11:16 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> There's a reason why Dueling Banjo's is the background music
>>> (hint: Deliverance)

>> Sorry, means nothing to me.

> 'Deliverance' is a movie from 1972 where four "city men" decide to go
> canoeing down a river through the middle of hillbilly country. They run
> into a bunch of backwoods rednecks who terrorize them. One of the
> characters is raped by the men they ran into. It was a rather disturbing
> movie.
>
> Dueling Banjos is a fine piece of music if you like that sort of thing.
> Here's a clip from the movie (hope you can see it):
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8
>
> The boy playing the banjo was born with Downs Syndrome. The impression
> given in the movie is everyone who lives in the backwoods are inbred.

Man! That kid might have problems but he sure can play that thing!!! Very
touching, thanks. Teaches us not to generalise eh? <g> Even about the
Brits)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-07-06, jmcquown > wrote:

> Dueling Banjos is a fine piece of music if you like that sort of thing.
> Here's a clip from the movie (hope you can see it):
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8
>
> The boy playing the banjo was born with Downs Syndrome. The impression
> given in the movie is everyone who lives in the backwoods are inbred.

Nowhere is DS mentioned. Besides, DS is genetic, while inbreeding is
not. The music, which was done illegally (pirated) by a college
educated musician who was later successfully sued, was meant to show
that even "tards" could pick a mean banjo and the scene/song is often
held up as an example of the "us vs them" nature of those who we don't
want to be associated with by ppl who think they are our betters.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2014 11:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>> Dueling Banjos is a fine piece of music if you like that sort of thing.
>> Here's a clip from the movie (hope you can see it):
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8
>>
>> The boy playing the banjo was born with Downs Syndrome. The impression
>> given in the movie is everyone who lives in the backwoods are inbred.

> Man! That kid might have problems but he sure can play that thing!!! Very
> touching, thanks. Teaches us not to generalise eh? <g> Even about the
> Brits)

Yep, he sure could play that banjo! The movie itself expounded
stereotype after stereotype. Now, I'm not saying I've lived among
really backwoods hillbilly types. I didn't.

I remember Mom and I visiting my aunt & uncle in 1980 in a very small
town called Mount Jackson, Pennsylvania. My cousin asked if we had
paved roads in Memphis, Tennessee. That had to be the silliest question
I've ever heard. Gee, yeah. We even have indoor plumbing! LOL

The place where he lived had a general store/gas station and a beauty
parlor. A volunteer fire department. That was about it. Two lane
roads, all the way. If you wanted to do anything you had to drive to
Pittsburgh. Mount Jackson had a population of maybe 1000 people at the
time. Memphis had a population of nearly a million people. The
question was definitely based on stereotypes of things he'd seen on TV.

Don't tell me the Royal Family isn't inbred?! <teasing> That seems to
be the prevailing stereotype.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/6/2014 11:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Dueling Banjos is a fine piece of music if you like that sort of thing.
>>> Here's a clip from the movie (hope you can see it):
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8
>>>
>>> The boy playing the banjo was born with Downs Syndrome. The impression
>>> given in the movie is everyone who lives in the backwoods are inbred.

>> Man! That kid might have problems but he sure can play that thing!!!
>> Very
>> touching, thanks. Teaches us not to generalise eh? <g> Even about the
>> Brits)
>>

> Yep, he sure could play that banjo! The movie itself expounded stereotype
> after stereotype. Now, I'm not saying I've lived among really backwoods
> hillbilly types. I didn't.
>
> I remember Mom and I visiting my aunt & uncle in 1980 in a very small town
> called Mount Jackson, Pennsylvania. My cousin asked if we had paved roads
> in Memphis, Tennessee. That had to be the silliest question I've ever
> heard. Gee, yeah. We even have indoor plumbing! LOL

Stereotyping eh?

> The place where he lived had a general store/gas station and a beauty
> parlor. A volunteer fire department. That was about it. Two lane roads,
> all the way. If you wanted to do anything you had to drive to Pittsburgh.
> Mount Jackson had a population of maybe 1000 people at the time. Memphis
> had a population of nearly a million people. The question was definitely
> based on stereotypes of things he'd seen on TV.
>
> Don't tell me the Royal Family isn't inbred?! <teasing> That seems to be
> the prevailing stereotype.

They used to be far more then they are now. They are allowing commoners in
now - albeit fairly posh ones <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2014 12:00 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2014-07-06, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Dueling Banjos is a fine piece of music if you like that sort of thing.
>> Here's a clip from the movie (hope you can see it):
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8
>>
>> The boy playing the banjo was born with Downs Syndrome. The impression
>> given in the movie is everyone who lives in the backwoods are inbred.

> Nowhere is DS mentioned. Besides, DS is genetic, while inbreeding is
> not.

They didn't mention it in the credits, no. But haven't you ever run
into a person born with DS? I certainly have. The woman who is so
proud of her job bagging groceries at Publix was born with DS. She
communicates very well and takes great pride in her work. She's been
working there for at least 16 years. They employ several people with
DS. They're all very nice.

> The music, which was done illegally (pirated) by a college
> educated musician who was later successfully sued, was meant to show
> that even "tards" could pick a mean banjo

Everyone has something they're good at. People with DS used to be
called "mongoloids".

> and the scene/song is often
> held up as an example of the "us vs them" nature of those who we don't
> want to be associated with by ppl who think they are our betters.
>
> nb

That was the attitude written into the script. I'm not sure it's the
prevailing attitude of most people.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-07-06 12:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> The boy playing the banjo was born with Downs Syndrome. The impression
>>> given in the movie is everyone who lives in the backwoods are inbred.

>> Man! That kid might have problems but he sure can play that thing!!!
>> Very
>> touching, thanks. Teaches us not to generalise eh? <g> Even about the
>> Brits)
>>

> Yep, he sure could play that banjo! The movie itself expounded
> stereotype after stereotype. Now, I'm not saying I've lived among
> really backwoods hillbilly types. I didn't.
>
> I remember Mom and I visiting my aunt & uncle in 1980 in a very small
> town called Mount Jackson, Pennsylvania. My cousin asked if we had
> paved roads in Memphis, Tennessee. That had to be the silliest question
> I've ever heard. Gee, yeah. We even have indoor plumbing! LOL

I have cousins that were born and raised in Detroit, which is almost
directly west of us. They used to visit Toronto annually to visit our
grandparents. The make cousin argues with my brother than Toronto could
not expand because of permafrost.

> Don't tell me the Royal Family isn't inbred?! <teasing> That seems to
> be the prevailing stereotype.

There is often some basis in fact for stereotypes and that is especially
true when it comes to the European royalty. It was not acceptable for
royalty to marry commoners. They intermarried with other royal families
to gain land and alliances. Sometimes they even fought amongst
themselves. During WWI, Britains George V, Germany's Kaiser Wilhelm and
Tsar Nicholas II were first cousins. The Hapsburg kings were notorious
for interbreeding. There is a very shallow gene pool there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 17:18:47 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> >
> > I remember Mom and I visiting my aunt & uncle in 1980 in a very small town
> > called Mount Jackson, Pennsylvania. My cousin asked if we had paved roads
> > in Memphis, Tennessee. That had to be the silliest question I've ever
> > heard. Gee, yeah. We even have indoor plumbing! LOL

> Stereotyping eh?

There were still people in the Appalachians who didn't have indoor
plumbing in the '60s. No idea when things changed or even if they
have, but I do know there is grinding poverty in America that most
Americans choose to ignore - because you know, it's their fault that
they're poor. They're Takers as opposed to the Makes and the Pete C's
of the USA think all they need to do is get a job. Never mind that
the job market is still tight, even for the highly educated and that
Supply Side, Trickle Down Economics theory has never worked. They
blew that one right out the door by exporting American jobs to other
countries as soon as they had the chance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ere-they-live/

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2014 12:18 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>> Don't tell me the Royal Family isn't inbred?! <teasing> That seems to be
>> the prevailing stereotype.

> They used to be far more then they are now. They are allowing commoners
> in now - albeit fairly posh ones <g>

I don't really know much about the history of the UK and much of it is,
I'm sure, obscured simply by what I've see on television or in movies.
But wasn't Diana, Princess of Wales, technically a "commoner?"

Seems to me Royal marriages way back when were primarily done for
political reasons. And for the expansion of the kingdom. Again, I only
know what I've read about or seen on television or in movies. Being an
American, I tend to take those things with a grain of salt.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 12:33:42 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> I have cousins that were born and raised in Detroit, which is almost
> directly west of us.

Isn't it terrible what Detroit is doing by turning off residential
water to residents? They should collect the hundreds of millions in
delinquent water bills from industry and commerce before punishing
residents who are retired or unemployed and can't afford to pay the
increased cost of water.
http://america.aljazeera.com/opinion...atization.html

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2014 12:17 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On 7/5/2014 1:06 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>>> Don't try this at home.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8whVxTj7iQ
>>>

>> There's nothing wrong with making fake videos and passing it off as
>> the real stuff. A long as nobody get hurt, what's the harm in that?
>> That guy's acting is a cut above most homemade fake vids.
>>
>> Here's the real thing - I think.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQU4mjE2pQA

> Ouch!

I used to have one of those dogs. They are feisty, proud, little things.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/6/2014 12:18 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Don't tell me the Royal Family isn't inbred?! <teasing> That seems to
>>> be
>>> the prevailing stereotype.

>> They used to be far more then they are now. They are allowing commoners
>> in now - albeit fairly posh ones <g>
>>

> I don't really know much about the history of the UK and much of it is,
> I'm sure, obscured simply by what I've see on television or in movies. But
> wasn't Diana, Princess of Wales, technically a "commoner?"

Her father was an Earl so she was a 'lady' Aristocracy, though not
royalty.

> Seems to me Royal marriages way back when were primarily done for
> political reasons. And for the expansion of the kingdom. Again, I only
> know what I've read about or seen on television or in movies. Being an
> American, I tend to take those things with a grain of salt.

You are correct, that is how it used to be. It is very refreshing that Kate
really is a commoner, albeit the daughter of a millionaire.

Time they got some good English blood in there))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/6/2014 12:17 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> There's nothing wrong with making fake videos and passing it off as
>>> the real stuff. A long as nobody get hurt, what's the harm in that?
>>> That guy's acting is a cut above most homemade fake vids.
>>>
>>> Here's the real thing - I think.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQU4mjE2pQA

>> Ouch!
>>

> I used to have one of those dogs. They are feisty, proud, little things.

Great))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-07-06 1:02 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> Seems to me Royal marriages way back when were primarily done for
> political reasons. And for the expansion of the kingdom. Again, I only
> know what I've read about or seen on television or in movies. Being an
> American, I tend to take those things with a grain of salt.

What fascinates me is how Americans are so intrigued by British royalty.
While the Queen is technically our head of state, basically a
figurehead position with no real power, most Canadians don't give a damn
about her and her dysfunctional family. The current monarch is basically
harmless, but has managed to lead a scandal free life, or at least to
give them impression of being so. He kids and heirs to the throne have
not led exemplary lives.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2014 1:39 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-07-06 1:02 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Seems to me Royal marriages way back when were primarily done for
>> political reasons. And for the expansion of the kingdom. Again, I only
>> know what I've read about or seen on television or in movies. Being an
>> American, I tend to take those things with a grain of salt.
>>

> What fascinates me is how Americans are so intrigued by British royalty.
> While the Queen is technically our head of state, basically a
> figurehead position with no real power, most Canadians don't give a damn
> about her and her dysfunctional family. The current monarch is basically
> harmless, but has managed to lead a scandal free life, or at least to
> give them impression of being so. He kids and heirs to the throne have
> not led exemplary lives.

We're not really intrigued. We just can't help hearing about some things.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2014 6:29 AM, wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 08:48:48 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 16:16:46 +0100, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8whVxTj7iQ

>>> Sorry, means nothing to me.

>> The meaning is on multiple levels, but if you have never seen
>> Deliverance - you wouldn't get it anyway.

> You're not missing anything, it was a degrading movie on many levels.

It's the polar opposite of a date movie, that's for sure.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2014 12:15 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message
>> Don't try this at home.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8whVxTj7iQ

> lol he's off his trolley!!! That is in his house? On his tablecloth?
> Next to his curtains???

The explosion was a fake. Very nice editing though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/6/2014 12:15 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message
>>> Don't try this at home.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8whVxTj7iQ

>> lol he's off his trolley!!! That is in his house? On his tablecloth?
>> Next to his curtains???
>>

> The explosion was a fake. Very nice editing though.

Made me wince)))))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

> The boy playing the banjo was born with Downs Syndrome.

No, he's an actor who does not have Downs syndrome. And it wasn't his
hands playing the banjo :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Redden

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On 7/6/2014 12:00 PM, notbob wrote:
> > On 2014-07-06, jmcquown > wrote:
> >
> >> Dueling Banjos is a fine piece of music if you like that sort of thing.
> >> Here's a clip from the movie (hope you can see it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

> >> The boy playing the banjo was born with Downs Syndrome. The impression
> >> given in the movie is everyone who lives in the backwoods are inbred.

> > Nowhere is DS mentioned. Besides, DS is genetic, while inbreeding is
> > not.

> They didn't mention it in the credits, no. But haven't you ever run
> into a person born with DS? I certainly have.

Many, but the actor playing the boy does not have Downes Syndrome and
his features are not typical of that. His neck and fingers are longer.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-07-06 1:43 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/6/2014 1:39 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2014-07-06 1:02 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Seems to me Royal marriages way back when were primarily done for
>>> political reasons. And for the expansion of the kingdom. Again, I only
>>> know what I've read about or seen on television or in movies. Being an
>>> American, I tend to take those things with a grain of salt.
>>>

>> What fascinates me is how Americans are so intrigued by British royalty.
>> While the Queen is technically our head of state, basically a
>> figurehead position with no real power, most Canadians don't give a damn
>> about her and her dysfunctional family. The current monarch is basically
>> harmless, but has managed to lead a scandal free life, or at least to
>> give them impression of being so. He kids and heirs to the throne have
>> not led exemplary lives.
>>

> We're not really intrigued. We just can't help hearing about some things.

American media reports a lot more of the royal doings and royal
shenanigans than ours does. Most of us don't give a rat's patooey
about the inbred snots.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-07-06 1:50 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/6/2014 12:15 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>> lol he's off his trolley!!! That is in his house? On his tablecloth?
>> Next to his curtains???
>>

> The explosion was a fake. Very nice editing though.

That reinforces sf's comment about the reason for Dueling Banjos. It was
a spoof in rednecks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 17:42:46 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 7/6/2014 3:11 PM, wrote:
> > On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 13:43:45 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> >> We're not really intrigued. We just can't help hearing about some things.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > Then why do Americans flock to London (and always have) for royal
> > events, there were some who came up to Halifax for Charles and
> > Camilla's recent visit last May!
> >

> I can't speak about those Americans. I've never been a "Royal Watcher".

I don't know about Royal Watchers, but we have enough celebrity
watchers over here to support all of those magazines at the grocery
store checkout stands and the Royal Family has celebrity status over
here.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 6, 2014 6:07:27 PM UTC+1, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 12:33:42 -0400, Dave Smith
>
> > wrote:
>
> > I have cousins that were born and raised in Detroit, which is almost

> > directly west of us.

> Isn't it terrible what Detroit is doing by turning off residential
> water to residents? They should collect the hundreds of millions in
> delinquent water bills from industry and commerce before punishing
> residents who are retired or unemployed and can't afford to pay the
> increased cost of water.
>
> http://america.aljazeera.com/opinion...atization.html
>
> All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

That's awful, how are people supposed to cope especially those with babies? It can't happen here. The water companies would like to reduce water down to a trickle for non-payers, but the government won't let them.

Cherry

fireworks Sqwertz General Cooking 0 10-03-2016 04:34 PM
fireworks jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 4 09-03-2016 04:57 PM
fireworks Cheri[_3_] General Cooking 1 09-03-2016 04:47 AM
fireworks Jeßus[_53_] General Cooking 4 06-03-2016 08:29 PM
fireworks Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 0 01-03-2016 01:05 AM