Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Fireworks

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/7/2014 6:51 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 22:49:22 +0100, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:

>>> If I have to wait in line, I have books on my phone and I would read on
>>> of
>>> those!

>> More often than not, my phone is dead by the time I'm in line. That
>> battery is not long lived, especially when I'm referring to Out of
>> Milk.
>>

> And here I thought those devices and apps were supposed to be so handy.
> LOL
>
> Jill <---sticking with her paper list

They are VERY handy I use mine for all sort of things, not just shopping
lists.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 7/7/2014 7:24 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>>

>> And here I thought those devices and apps were supposed to be so handy.
>> LOL
>>
>> Jill <---sticking with her paper list

> I keep a portable charging device in my purse for just those situations.
> It has come in handy many times.

I keep one in the car jic, but the new battery lasts more than twice as
long.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>
>> Never had a flip phone. Phones with batteries and you need an app...
>> SORRY. I will never understand it. I take a paper list to the store. If
>> I miss something it won't be because a *battery* died. It's because I
>> forgot to write it down.
>>
>> Jill

> I sometimes forget the list. ;-)

lol I used to do that, but I never forget my phone

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 5:44 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 7/7/2014 6:51 PM, sf wrote:
>>> On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 22:49:22 +0100, "Ophelia"

>>> More often than not, my phone is dead by the time I'm in line. That
>>> battery is not long lived, especially when I'm referring to Out of
>>> Milk.
>>>

>> And here I thought those devices and apps were supposed to be so handy.
>> LOL
>>
>> Jill <---sticking with her paper list

> They are VERY handy I use mine for all sort of things, not just
> shopping lists.

Well, here we go again with the cell/smartphone thing. Since they don't
work well where I live I'm certainly not paying an extra monthly bill
just to have one. Whatever did one *do* before the invention of cell
phones? Gee, I think they wrote a list of things they wanted to buy at
the store.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2014 11:28 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 22:45:24 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
> snip
>>
>> Either do I. As I said... I didn't know WTH the Kardashians or why
>> people cared about them.

> I just got an answer to that one last week. Kardashian was one of the
> attorneys for O.J. Simpson. Now, why the daughters are media
> darlings, I have no idea.
> Janet US

So that's who they are? Whodathunkit?

I barely knew who O.J. Simpson was (football player but I don't watch
football and don't know why that makes someone famous) until the murder
trial. I remember watching that "low speed chase" on television and
laughing about it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/8/2014 5:44 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> And here I thought those devices and apps were supposed to be so handy.
>>> LOL
>>>
>>> Jill <---sticking with her paper list

>> They are VERY handy I use mine for all sort of things, not just
>> shopping lists.
>>

> Well, here we go again with the cell/smartphone thing. Since they don't
> work well where I live I'm certainly not paying an extra monthly bill just
> to have one. Whatever did one *do* before the invention of cell phones?
> Gee, I think they wrote a list of things they wanted to buy at the store.

Whoaaaaa. I haven't seen anyone telling you that you must have one. We are
just saying what we use and why!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Celebrity Stuff (WAS: OT Fireworks)

On 7/7/2014 5:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>>

>> As an offshoot of this discussion, I'd like to know why so many people
>> from *around the world* flock to Graceland in Memphis, TN, every year,
>> twice a year. First for Elvis Presley's birthday, then for what we
>> used to laughingly call "Elvis Death Week". They hold candlelight
>> vigils for a man who basically killed himself as a result of drug
>> abuse. They weep and cry and bring flowers. I certainly don't
>> understand it.
>>
>> Fact: before Elvis' remains were interred on the grounds of Graceland
>> (his home/estate) he was buried in Memorial Park Cemetery. Someone
>> tried to dig up his body. Who the hell does that?! What were they
>> planning to do, stash him in the attic? Conclusion: some people are
>> just plain crazy.
>>
>> Jill

> I don't get that either. I used to work with this mannish woman who was
> just gaga over Elvis. She was in some sort of club for him and was
> convinced that he was still alive.

Lots of people think he's still alive. If so, he'd be nearly 80 years
old now.

> I don't get the appeal. My dad was fond of him although nothing to that
> extent. He said that he went to one of his concerts and watched the
> women swoon. I have seen his movies. I just don't get the appeal.

Some of his music was fine. He was a ground-breaker for rock & roll in
the US. When he died my mother did shed a tear. She was a young woman
when she first heard the music.

There was one semi-serious movie he did with Mary Tyler Moore called
'Change of Habit'.

Here's a clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gijhxdK16O0

It's the only Elvis movie that wasn't completely goofy. IMHO. He
portrayed a doctor trying to help inner city people. He didn't know the
nurses who came to help with his practice in the "slums" were nuns.
They were told to wear street clothes and not tell anyone they were
nuns. It was a fun movie. Of course they had to work in Elvis' music.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 6:12 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> They are VERY handy I use mine for all sort of things, not just
>>> shopping lists.
>>>

>> Well, here we go again with the cell/smartphone thing. Since they don't
>> work well where I live I'm certainly not paying an extra monthly bill
>> just
>> to have one. Whatever did one *do* before the invention of cell phones?
>> Gee, I think they wrote a list of things they wanted to buy at the store.
>>

> Whoaaaaa. I haven't seen anyone telling you that you must have one. We
> are just saying what we use and why!

Where did I say anyone was telling me? I simply stated they don't work
so I don't have one. It's really no big deal to make out a shopping
list. I certainly did so before I ever had a computer, too.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-07-08 6:01 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/7/2014 11:28 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 22:45:24 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>> snip
>>>
>>> Either do I. As I said... I didn't know WTH the Kardashians or why
>>> people cared about them.

>> I just got an answer to that one last week. Kardashian was one of the
>> attorneys for O.J. Simpson. Now, why the daughters are media
>> darlings, I have no idea.
>> Janet US
>>

> So that's who they are? Whodathunkit?
>
> I barely knew who O.J. Simpson was (football player but I don't watch
> football and don't know why that makes someone famous) until the murder
> trial. I remember watching that "low speed chase" on television and
> laughing about it.

He also played Nordberg in the Naked Gun movies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/8/2014 6:12 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Well, here we go again with the cell/smartphone thing. Since they don't
>>> work well where I live I'm certainly not paying an extra monthly bill
>>> just
>>> to have one. Whatever did one *do* before the invention of cell phones?
>>> Gee, I think they wrote a list of things they wanted to buy at the
>>> store.
>>>

>> Whoaaaaa. I haven't seen anyone telling you that you must have one. We
>> are just saying what we use and why!
>>

> Where did I say anyone was telling me? I simply stated they don't work so
> I don't have one. It's really no big deal to make out a shopping list. I
> certainly did so before I ever had a computer, too.

I dare say that is what everyone did.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 7:59 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-07-08 6:01 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> I barely knew who O.J. Simpson was (football player but I don't watch
>> football and don't know why that makes someone famous) until the murder
>> trial. I remember watching that "low speed chase" on television and
>> laughing about it.

> He also played Nordberg in the Naked Gun movies.

He was always so fun in movies and commercials, but then he
lost his luster after I heard he beat his wife. We all
know how that turned out.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 21:07:53 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>I certainly see People Magazine, though that is not a tabloid,
>you might be including them there. My dentist office has a
>really large selection of magazines to cover many interests.
>You'd think they kept you waiting long if you saw that collection,
>but they never do.

I bring my own crossword puzzles. I'll check out the magazines that I
know have a crossword, People does, but I don't read anything in those
magazines.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 10:24 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:

> Now you are being stubborn and close minded. Those mags are where you
> can pick up all the info about aliens, space ships, alternate reality

Now those are tabloids. The Queen is getting divorced, Prince
Philip caught cheating with alien chambermaid!

> and dare I say it? . . . some of the truly odd stuff that goes on in
> England. Not pointing fingers, just read it in the paps ;-)

Oh, then maybe it's true about the Prince?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:51:49 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
> >
> > "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> >
> >> Never had a flip phone. Phones with batteries and you need an app...
> >> SORRY. I will never understand it. I take a paper list to the store. If
> >> I miss something it won't be because a *battery* died. It's because I
> >> forgot to write it down.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > I sometimes forget the list. ;-)

> lol I used to do that, but I never forget my phone

I forget mine. Not as much as I used to, but I do leave the house
without it from time to time (mainly because I never have it in my
clothing). It's sitting on the desk in front of me at the moment.
Sometimes it's for that reason, mostly it's because I forgot it was
hooked up to the recharger and not inside my purse.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 05:53:34 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 7/8/2014 5:44 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> >> And here I thought those devices and apps were supposed to be so handy.
> >> LOL
> >>
> >> Jill <---sticking with her paper list

> > They are VERY handy I use mine for all sort of things, not just
> > shopping lists.
> >

> Well, here we go again with the cell/smartphone thing. Since they don't
> work well where I live I'm certainly not paying an extra monthly bill
> just to have one. Whatever did one *do* before the invention of cell
> phones? Gee, I think they wrote a list of things they wanted to buy at
> the store.

Times have changed. We have paved roads, indoor plumbing and
electricity now... people have even walked on the moon.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 06:33:01 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> Where did I say anyone was telling me? I simply stated they don't work
> so I don't have one. It's really no big deal to make out a shopping
> list. I certainly did so before I ever had a computer, too.

You're pulling a Julie.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:42:43 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > More often than not, my phone is dead by the time I'm in line. That
> > battery is not long lived, especially when I'm referring to Out of
> > Milk.

> I bought a new battery and it is much better. I was having similar problems
> to you.

I need to get a spare. I bought that portable recharger not realizing
how much room it would take up in my small purse. It was money well
spent anyway because it has two USB ports, so I can charge my tablet
and my phone at the same time and still have one socket free. One of
these days, I will switch that wall outlet for one with integral USB
ports... but I've been saying that for at least a year.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 11:44 AM, sf wrote:

> I need to get a spare. I bought that portable recharger not realizing
> how much room it would take up in my small purse. It was money well
> spent anyway because it has two USB ports, so I can charge my tablet
> and my phone at the same time and still have one socket free. One of
> these days, I will switch that wall outlet for one with integral USB
> ports... but I've been saying that for at least a year.

I've found this item useful -
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00797A5GQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:51:49 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:

>> > I sometimes forget the list. ;-)

>> lol I used to do that, but I never forget my phone

> I forget mine. Not as much as I used to, but I do leave the house
> without it from time to time (mainly because I never have it in my
> clothing). It's sitting on the desk in front of me at the moment.
> Sometimes it's for that reason, mostly it's because I forgot it was
> hooked up to the recharger and not inside my purse.

I don't carry a purse which is why I would notice

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 05:53:34 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>> > They are VERY handy I use mine for all sort of things, not just
>> > shopping lists.
>> >

>> Well, here we go again with the cell/smartphone thing. Since they don't
>> work well where I live I'm certainly not paying an extra monthly bill
>> just to have one. Whatever did one *do* before the invention of cell
>> phones? Gee, I think they wrote a list of things they wanted to buy at
>> the store.
>>

> Times have changed. We have paved roads, indoor plumbing and
> electricity now... people have even walked on the moon.

True that ;-) But she can't get a signal so I guess it is not an attractive
option.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 11:32 AM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 05:53:34 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>>>

>> Well, here we go again with the cell/smartphone thing. Since they don't
>> work well where I live I'm certainly not paying an extra monthly bill
>> just to have one. Whatever did one *do* before the invention of cell
>> phones? Gee, I think they wrote a list of things they wanted to buy at
>> the store.
>>

> Times have changed. We have paved roads, indoor plumbing and
> electricity now... people have even walked on the moon.

Just yesterday I saw a young visitor (probably someone's grandchild)
standing in the middle of the (paved) street so she could get a signal
on her cell phone. Why would I pay another monthly bill for something I
can't use in my own home? Never mind.

Jill <---has indoor plumbing
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:04:38 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:51:49 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > > wrote:

> >> lol I used to do that, but I never forget my phone

> > I forget mine. Not as much as I used to, but I do leave the house
> > without it from time to time (mainly because I never have it in my
> > clothing). It's sitting on the desk in front of me at the moment.
> > Sometimes it's for that reason, mostly it's because I forgot it was
> > hooked up to the recharger and not inside my purse.

> I don't carry a purse which is why I would notice

We've been through this before and I'm not taking any clothing to a
tailor to increase pocket depth.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:06:35 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> True that ;-) But she can't get a signal so I guess it is not an attractive
> option.

Someone with no signal shouldn't even be in a subthread about cell
phones.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:10:20 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 7/8/2014 11:32 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 05:53:34 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >>>
> >> Well, here we go again with the cell/smartphone thing. Since they don't
> >> work well where I live I'm certainly not paying an extra monthly bill
> >> just to have one. Whatever did one *do* before the invention of cell
> >> phones? Gee, I think they wrote a list of things they wanted to buy at
> >> the store.
> >>

> > Times have changed. We have paved roads, indoor plumbing and
> > electricity now... people have even walked on the moon.
> >

> Just yesterday I saw a young visitor (probably someone's grandchild)
> standing in the middle of the (paved) street so she could get a signal
> on her cell phone. Why would I pay another monthly bill for something I
> can't use in my own home? Never mind.
>
> Jill <---has indoor plumbing

See my reply to Ophelia.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 11:57:38 -0400, S Viemeister
> wrote:

> On 7/8/2014 11:44 AM, sf wrote:
>
> > I need to get a spare. I bought that portable recharger not realizing
> > how much room it would take up in my small purse. It was money well
> > spent anyway because it has two USB ports, so I can charge my tablet
> > and my phone at the same time and still have one socket free. One of
> > these days, I will switch that wall outlet for one with integral USB
> > ports... but I've been saying that for at least a year.
> >

> I've found this item useful -
> <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00797A5GQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

Thanks, I was looking at something similar
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq...FU-RfgodaAMAEw

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 12:58 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 11:57:38 -0400, S Viemeister
> > wrote:
>
>> On 7/8/2014 11:44 AM, sf wrote:
>>
>>> I need to get a spare. I bought that portable recharger not realizing
>>> how much room it would take up in my small purse. It was money well
>>> spent anyway because it has two USB ports, so I can charge my tablet
>>> and my phone at the same time and still have one socket free. One of
>>> these days, I will switch that wall outlet for one with integral USB
>>> ports... but I've been saying that for at least a year.
>>>

>> I've found this item useful -
>> <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00797A5GQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

> Thanks, I was looking at something similar
> http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq...FU-RfgodaAMAEw

If I had a suitable wall outlet, that's the one I would have bought.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 12:55 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:06:35 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>> True that ;-) But she can't get a signal so I guess it is not an attractive
>> option.
>>

> Someone with no signal shouldn't even be in a subthread about cell
> phones.

I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I did have a cell phone. I even
had a smartphone with a full qwerty keyboard and touchpad surface
(free!). It's not my fault I can't get a signal where I live now.
Because I can't, I chose not to have one. You mentioned running out of
battery juice while shopping. I said I use a paper list. What's the BFD?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 12:56 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:10:20 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 7/8/2014 11:32 AM, sf wrote:

>>> Times have changed. We have paved roads, indoor plumbing and
>>> electricity now... people have even walked on the moon.
>>>

>> Just yesterday I saw a young visitor (probably someone's grandchild)
>> standing in the middle of the (paved) street so she could get a signal
>> on her cell phone. Why would I pay another monthly bill for something I
>> can't use in my own home? Never mind.
>>
>> Jill <---has indoor plumbing

> See my reply to Ophelia.

See my reply to YOU. Buy a new battery and enjoy your apps. Sheesh.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:42:43 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > More often than not, my phone is dead by the time I'm in line. That
>> > battery is not long lived, especially when I'm referring to Out of
>> > Milk.

>> I bought a new battery and it is much better. I was having similar
>> problems
>> to you.

> I need to get a spare. I bought that portable recharger not realizing
> how much room it would take up in my small purse. It was money well
> spent anyway because it has two USB ports, so I can charge my tablet
> and my phone at the same time and still have one socket free. One of
> these days, I will switch that wall outlet for one with integral USB
> ports... but I've been saying that for at least a year.

We have USB chargers too. I can use one in the car with an adapter. My new
battery keeps it good for up to 3 days, where the old one had to be charged
up every night.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 08:32:17 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 05:53:34 -0400, jmcquown >
>>wrote:

>>> Well, here we go again with the cell/smartphone thing. Since they don't
>>> work well where I live I'm certainly not paying an extra monthly bill
>>> just to have one. Whatever did one *do* before the invention of cell
>>> phones? Gee, I think they wrote a list of things they wanted to buy at
>>> the store.
>>>

>>Times have changed. We have paved roads, indoor plumbing and
>>electricity now... people have even walked on the moon.

> I agree, I have my trusty Blackberry which will have to be prised from
> my cold, dead hands but I have data turned off and use it as a phone
> when away from home, or I text. Costs me ten bucks a month and at
> least I know when I leave here the kids, grandchildren etc can all get
> me in an emergency - well I admit I turn it off while I play bridge,
> penalties for phones going off, especially mine since it quacks like a
> mallard

Have you come across Whatsapp for texts and Viber for calls? Free!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:04:38 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:51:49 +0100, "Ophelia"

>> > I forget mine. Not as much as I used to, but I do leave the house
>> > without it from time to time (mainly because I never have it in my
>> > clothing). It's sitting on the desk in front of me at the moment.
>> > Sometimes it's for that reason, mostly it's because I forgot it was
>> > hooked up to the recharger and not inside my purse.

>> I don't carry a purse which is why I would notice

> We've been through this before and I'm not taking any clothing to a
> tailor to increase pocket depth.

Errr I am talking about what *I* do, not your pockets.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/8/2014 12:55 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:06:35 +0100, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> True that ;-) But she can't get a signal so I guess it is not an
>>> attractive
>>> option.
>>>

>> Someone with no signal shouldn't even be in a subthread about cell
>> phones.
>>

> I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I did have a cell phone. I even had
> a smartphone with a full qwerty keyboard and touchpad surface (free!).
> It's not my fault I can't get a signal where I live now. Because I can't,
> I chose not to have one. You mentioned running out of battery juice while
> shopping. I said I use a paper list. What's the BFD?

Jill, you have landline in your house so yes, you don't need a cell phone
for the house ... BUT when you are out or travelling????

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 1:33 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> Jill, you have landline in your house so yes, you don't need a cell
> phone for the house ... BUT when you are out or travelling????

I don't travel anymore. And I have no need to talk to someone on the
phone when I'm out shopping. End of story.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 7:33 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 7/8/2014 12:55 PM, sf wrote:
>>> On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:06:35 +0100, "Ophelia"

>>> Someone with no signal shouldn't even be in a subthread about cell
>>> phones.
>>>

>> I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I did have a cell phone. I even
>> had a smartphone with a full qwerty keyboard and touchpad surface
>> (free!). It's not my fault I can't get a signal where I live now.
>> Because I can't, I chose not to have one. You mentioned running out
>> of battery juice while shopping. I said I use a paper list. What's
>> the BFD?

> Jill, you have landline in your house so yes, you don't need a cell
> phone for the house ... BUT when you are out or travelling????

We're getting way too dependent on cell phones. OTOH, if you have to get
a smart phone you can't do better than a Nexus 5. It's made my life
worth living again! :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 2:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> We're getting way too dependent on cell phones. OTOH, if you have to get
> a smart phone you can't do better than a Nexus 5. It's made my life
> worth living again! :-)

We both have the Nexus 5, and find it extremely useful. The only thing
that bothers me is the lack of a swappable battery.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2014 8:21 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 7/8/2014 2:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
>> We're getting way too dependent on cell phones. OTOH, if you have to get
>> a smart phone you can't do better than a Nexus 5. It's made my life
>> worth living again! :-)

> We both have the Nexus 5, and find it extremely useful. The only thing
> that bothers me is the lack of a swappable battery.

It looked to me that the back cover was removable. I'll let you know if
that's the case. I'm getting an induction charger for it. These can be
found on eBay for less than $10. Hopefully, it won't cause the phone to
burst in a ball of white hot flames - will let you know if it does. :-)

fireworks Sqwertz General Cooking 0 10-03-2016 04:34 PM
fireworks jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 4 09-03-2016 04:57 PM
fireworks Cheri[_3_] General Cooking 1 09-03-2016 04:47 AM
fireworks Jeßus[_53_] General Cooking 4 06-03-2016 08:29 PM
fireworks Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 0 01-03-2016 01:05 AM