Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Free food at Whole Foods!

They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...

Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or other.
Didn't really pay a lot of attention.

When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said that I
hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said she would
then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to her how I
liked it.

Okay then! I just wonder if she was supposed to have done that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 Jul 2014 22:28:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
>something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...
>
>Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or other.
>Didn't really pay a lot of attention.
>
>When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said that I
>hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said she would
>then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to her how I
>liked it.
>
>Okay then! I just wonder if she was supposed to have done that?

Lotta food places are very liberal with their free sample policies.
Grfeat way to garner new business, becaose peolle love getting
something free, plus if they like it, double gotcha!! Almost a
guaranteed sale!! Probably repetitively!

It's just good business!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Gibberish Bove submits dreck:

>They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
>something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...

Then why make mention?

>Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or other.
>Didn't really pay a lot of attention.

Comatose?

>When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said that I
>hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said she would
>then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to her how I
>liked it.

How did you like what/it? Julie Gibberish Bove, you communicate like
a toddler... my cats have better communicative skills. Julie
Gibberish Bove, you are the most prolific typist but your posts say
absolutely nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 2 Jul 2014 22:28:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
>>something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...
>>
>>Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or other.
>>Didn't really pay a lot of attention.
>>
>>When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said that
>>hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said she
>>would
>>then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to her how I
>>liked it.
>>
>>Okay then! I just wonder if she was supposed to have done that?

> Lotta food places are very liberal with their free sample policies.
> Grfeat way to garner new business, becaose peolle love getting
> something free, plus if they like it, double gotcha!! Almost a
> guaranteed sale!! Probably repetitively!
>
> It's just good business!
>
> John Kuthe...

I should have told her I'd never tried the other foods either!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
news
> Julie Gibberish Bove submits dreck:
>
>>They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
>>something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...

> Then why make mention?
>
>>Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or other.
>>Didn't really pay a lot of attention.

> Comatose?
>
>>When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said that
>>hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said she
>>would
>>then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to her how I
>>liked it.

> How did you like what/it? Julie Gibberish Bove, you communicate like
> a toddler... my cats have better communicative skills. Julie
> Gibberish Bove, you are the most prolific typist but your posts say
> absolutely nothing.

It was something on sticks, in a box and frozen. Beyond that, I paid no
attention. I wasn't going to eat it and she checked the ingredients to make
sure it was safe for her. She said it had coffee in it. That's all I know.
And I got it for free. My point was that they gave me something for free.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 15:50:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 2 Jul 2014 22:28:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
>>>something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...
>>>
>>>Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or other.
>>>Didn't really pay a lot of attention.
>>>
>>>When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said that
>>>hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said she
>>>would
>>>then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to her how I
>>>liked it.
>>>
>>>Okay then! I just wonder if she was supposed to have done that?

>> Lotta food places are very liberal with their free sample policies.
>> Grfeat way to garner new business, becaose peolle love getting
>> something free, plus if they like it, double gotcha!! Almost a
>> guaranteed sale!! Probably repetitively!
>>
>> It's just good business!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>I should have told her I'd never tried the other foods either!

Well, I'm sure they have their limits!!

When I worked at Straubs' deli, they (we?) were big on samples. Just a
bite, but I'd say 50% or more of the people I gave a sample of Straubs
Chicken Salad bought at least 1/2lb!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 15:50:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 2 Jul 2014 22:28:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Lotta food places are very liberal with their free sample policies.
>>> Grfeat way to garner new business, becaose peolle love getting
>>> something free, plus if they like it, double gotcha!! Almost a
>>> guaranteed sale!! Probably repetitively!
>>>
>>> It's just good business!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>>I should have told her I'd never tried the other foods either!

> Well, I'm sure they have their limits!!
>
> When I worked at Straubs' deli, they (we?) were big on samples. Just a
> bite, but I'd say 50% or more of the people I gave a sample of Straubs
> Chicken Salad bought at least 1/2lb!

I have often bought things that I sampled. But to give me something that I
was going to buy anyway? Kind of odd I think.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/3/2014 8:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

(snip)

> I have often bought things that I sampled. But to give me something
> that I was going to buy anyway? Kind of odd I think.

"It" can think???? Whoudda thunk it!!!

Sky

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 18:47:18 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 15:50:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>I should have told her I'd never tried the other foods either!

>> Well, I'm sure they have their limits!!
>>
>> When I worked at Straubs' deli, they (we?) were big on samples. Just a
>> bite, but I'd say 50% or more of the people I gave a sample of Straubs
>> Chicken Salad bought at least 1/2lb!

>I have often bought things that I sampled. But to give me something that I
>was going to buy anyway? Kind of odd I think.

Build good will in your mind. If you like the product, and you go
back, you are likely to remember a very good experience with it and
will probably feel special having been given a sample of it, which
will very likely insure that you buy it again and again and again!
Repeat business!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> Julie Gibberish Bove submits dreck:
>

> >They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and

> >something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...

> Then why make mention?
>

> >Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or other.

> >Didn't really pay a lot of attention.

> Comatose?
>

> >When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said that I

> >hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said she would

> >then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to her how I

> >liked it.

> How did you like what/it? Julie Gibberish Bove, you communicate like
>
> a toddler... my cats have better communicative skills. Julie
>
> Gibberish Bove, you are the most prolific typist but your posts say
>
> absolutely nothing.

Heh...Julie B[L]OVE - iated...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] View Post
They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...

Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or other.
Didn't really pay a lot of attention.

When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said that I
hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said she would
then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to her how I
liked it.

Okay then! I just wonder if she was supposed to have done that?
They just popped open a new one of those over in our Ballwick this past weekend. They took over an old abandoned Albertsons bldg. and spent a ton of time and money to fix it up nice. Have a feeling they will live long and proper. This area is knee deep in health conscious yups who will wear them out. I best go check out all this free stuff. Thanks.
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn1 View Post
Julie Gibberish Bove submits dreck:

They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...

Then why make mention?

Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or other.
Didn't really pay a lot of attention.

Comatose?

When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said that I
hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said she would
then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to her how I
liked it.

How did you like what/it? Julie Gibberish Bove, you communicate like
a toddler... my cats have better communicative skills. Julie
Gibberish Bove, you are the most prolific typist but your posts say
absolutely nothing.
And yours reek of cats and a cruel nature befitting an angry cat man. Alone in the world but with his communicative feline "friends."

They'd be out the door if you didn't just feed their little whinin' yaps.

Freebies are always a cool way to promote. I ended buy going regularly to a butcher who would , now-and-then, give me a stray lamb chop or something to tempt me. Next time I'd come back, it was lamb chops.

No disgusting stray kitty paws to spoil my food, either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
> something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...
>
> Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or
> other. Didn't really pay a lot of attention.
>
> When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said
> that I hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said
> she would then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to
> her how I liked it.
>
> Okay then! I just wonder if she was supposed to have done that?

I dunno, but I have had that happen twice. Both times, it was a nice
surprise.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
>> something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...
>>
>> Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or
>> other. Didn't really pay a lot of attention.
>>
>> When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said
>> that I hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said
>> she would then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to
>> her how I liked it.
>>
>> Okay then! I just wonder if she was supposed to have done that?

> I dunno, but I have had that happen twice. Both times, it was a nice
> surprise.

Ooh! Nice!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>> They had several samples out today. Grapes, cherries, guacamole and
>>> something in a Crockpot that I didn't investigate. But...
>>>
>>> Daughter picked up a box of something frozen. Coffee something or
>>> other. Didn't really pay a lot of attention.
>>>
>>> When I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I liked it? I said
>>> that I hadn't had it before and I won't have this stuff but... She said
>>> she would then give it to me as a free sample and I could report back to
>>> her how I liked it.
>>>
>>> Okay then! I just wonder if she was supposed to have done that?

>> I dunno, but I have had that happen twice. Both times, it was a nice
>> surprise.

> Ooh! Nice!

It was. It seems to be totally random, so one never expects it to happen.

Gluten-Free Foods are no Healthier Than Regular Foods, Study Finds graham[_4_] General Cooking 29 10-07-2015 08:32 AM
What are fun foods to put food coloring into? wingmark General Cooking 0 06-08-2011 08:04 AM
sugar free foods Smicker Diabetic 2 15-06-2004 04:37 AM
Wake up Alan was sugar free foods Alan Diabetic 6 15-06-2004 12:25 AM
FREE FOODS Mike/Nancy Diabetic 2 02-02-2004 08:50 PM