Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shopping at Wegmans

I was coming home today from an appointment and decided to stop in
Wegmans. I drive by there all the time, but haven't tried it out. A
pleasant if not lengthy experience. The store is huge! I think I was
in there for about an hour and didn't make it out of the produce/freshly
made products area. One thing I liked is that they sell 1/2 loaves of
freshly baked and sliced bread. Not all of them, but the Italian I
bought is delicious. It made me wish I'd bought a whole loaf.

They have lots of organic produce and much of it is overpriced for what
it is, but they had some great deals in the deli section. The place is
so huge and with food cooking all over the place, it was more like going
to a state fair than a grocery store.

I stopped at customer service to get registered for a loyalty card and
they gave me a welcome package. LOL It included a map of the store,
and I think that's very smart.

I don't see going there very often, but it was a nice change from the
store I usually shop in.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/28/2014 3:10 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> I was coming home today from an appointment and decided to stop in
> Wegmans.
>
> I don't see going there very often, but it was a nice change from the
> store I usually shop in.

Wegman's is about 45 minutes from us, but we do go on occasion. It is
very crowded on weekends so we avoid that.

The big attraction is the large selection of quality meats, cheeses,
seafood. They carry a lot of stuff not readily available at the typical
supermarket and the few specialty stores here. If we had one in town,
they would be first choice for much of our food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/28/2014 5:57 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/28/2014 3:10 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> I was coming home today from an appointment and decided to stop in
>> Wegmans.
>>
>> I don't see going there very often, but it was a nice change from the
>> store I usually shop in.
>>

> Wegman's is about 45 minutes from us, but we do go on occasion. It is
> very crowded on weekends so we avoid that.
>
> The big attraction is the large selection of quality meats, cheeses,
> seafood. They carry a lot of stuff not readily available at the typical
> supermarket and the few specialty stores here. If we had one in town,
> they would be first choice for much of our food.

The do have a large meat, cheese and seafood selection. They had whole
chickens but they had a lot of water content, so I passed. It seemed
like most of the meat I looked at was cryovacked. Is that common for
them? I have plenty of meat on hand to use up so I didn't buy any. I was
tempted with the wide variety of cheese but I'm supposed to be avoiding
that right now on my diet. I tried to walk through as if blindfolded. lol

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/28/2014 2:10 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> I was coming home today from an appointment and decided to stop in
> Wegmans. I drive by there all the time, but haven't tried it out. A
> pleasant if not lengthy experience. The store is huge! I think I was
> in there for about an hour and didn't make it out of the produce/freshly
> made products area. One thing I liked is that they sell 1/2 loaves of
> freshly baked and sliced bread. Not all of them, but the Italian I
> bought is delicious. It made me wish I'd bought a whole loaf.
>
> They have lots of organic produce and much of it is overpriced for what
> it is, but they had some great deals in the deli section. The place is
> so huge and with food cooking all over the place, it was more like going
> to a state fair than a grocery store.
>
> I stopped at customer service to get registered for a loyalty card and
> they gave me a welcome package. LOL It included a map of the store,
> and I think that's very smart.
>
> I don't see going there very often, but it was a nice change from the
> store I usually shop in.

My daughter stopped cooking for holidays because Wegman's does it better
and not for too much more, When I was up North for my husband's
funeral, my son brought two roasted chickens from Wegman's. They were
absolutely awesome.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
>I was coming home today from an appointment and decided to stop in Wegmans.
>I drive by there all the time, but haven't tried it out. A pleasant if not
>lengthy experience. The store is huge! I think I was in there for about
>an hour and didn't make it out of the produce/freshly made products area.
>One thing I liked is that they sell 1/2 loaves of freshly baked and sliced
>bread. Not all of them, but the Italian I bought is delicious. It made me
>wish I'd bought a whole loaf.
>
> They have lots of organic produce and much of it is overpriced for what it
> is, but they had some great deals in the deli section. The place is so
> huge and with food cooking all over the place, it was more like going to a
> state fair than a grocery store.
>
> I stopped at customer service to get registered for a loyalty card and
> they gave me a welcome package. LOL It included a map of the store, and
> I think that's very smart.
>
> I don't see going there very often, but it was a nice change from the
> store I usually shop in.

I don't know if they have them in CA, I've never heard of them.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/28/2014 7:38 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> b.com...
>> I was coming home today from an appointment and decided to stop in
>> Wegmans. I drive by there all the time, but haven't tried it out. A
>> pleasant if not lengthy experience. The store is huge! I think I was
>> in there for about an hour and didn't make it out of the
>> produce/freshly made products area. One thing I liked is that they
>> sell 1/2 loaves of freshly baked and sliced bread. Not all of them,
>> but the Italian I bought is delicious. It made me wish I'd bought a
>> whole loaf.
>>
>> They have lots of organic produce and much of it is overpriced for
>> what it is, but they had some great deals in the deli section. The
>> place is so huge and with food cooking all over the place, it was more
>> like going to a state fair than a grocery store.
>>
>> I stopped at customer service to get registered for a loyalty card and
>> they gave me a welcome package. LOL It included a map of the store,
>> and I think that's very smart.
>>
>> I don't see going there very often, but it was a nice change from the
>> store I usually shop in.

> I don't know if they have them in CA, I've never heard of them.
>
> Cheri

They are in the Northeast.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/28/2014 6:01 PM, Cheryl wrote:

> The do have a large meat, cheese and seafood selection. They had whole
> chickens but they had a lot of water content, so I passed. It seemed
> like most of the meat I looked at was cryovacked. Is that common for
> them? I have plenty of meat on hand to use up so I didn't buy any. I was
> tempted with the wide variety of cheese but I'm supposed to be avoiding
> that right now on my diet. I tried to walk through as if blindfolded. lol

They have a meat counter where they cut to order. Aged prime steaks,
lamb chops, veal chops,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 6/28/2014 7:38 PM, Cheri wrote:

>> I don't know if they have them in CA, I've never heard of them.
>>
>> Cheri

> They are in the Northeast.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

OK, thanks.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
>I was coming home today from an appointment and decided to stop in Wegmans.
>I drive by there all the time, but haven't tried it out. A pleasant if not
>lengthy experience. The store is huge! I think I was in there for about
>an hour and didn't make it out of the produce/freshly made products area.
>One thing I liked is that they sell 1/2 loaves of freshly baked and sliced
>bread. Not all of them, but the Italian I bought is delicious. It made me
>wish I'd bought a whole loaf.
>
> They have lots of organic produce and much of it is overpriced for what it
> is, but they had some great deals in the deli section. The place is so
> huge and with food cooking all over the place, it was more like going to a
> state fair than a grocery store.
>
> I stopped at customer service to get registered for a loyalty card and
> they gave me a welcome package. LOL It included a map of the store, and
> I think that's very smart.
>
> I don't see going there very often, but it was a nice change from the
> store I usually shop in.

We don't have them here but I've only ever heard good things about them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 15:10:30 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> I was coming home today from an appointment and decided to stop in
>> Wegmans. I drive by there all the time, but haven't tried it out.

> I don't understand how people can live within 3, 5 or even 8 miles of
> a grocery store for more than a year and never have visited all of
> them.
>
> I've always checked out every grocery store within a 8 mile radius
> within 6 weeks of having lived there. I guess that makes me an
> overcurious pig! (OINK!)

I did that with Central Market only because I didn't know it was there.
It's only perhaps 2 miles from here but I had no need to go in that
direction. Finally, one day I said we were just going to drive down that
way and there it was!

Same thing for Winco. I knew that it was in Everett but didn't know exactly
where. It's probably 7 miles away. Everett is a big city. Some things
there are fairly close to me but others are not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/29/2014 5:56 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 15:10:30 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> I was coming home today from an appointment and decided to stop in
>> Wegmans. I drive by there all the time, but haven't tried it out.

> I don't understand how people can live within 3, 5 or even 8 miles of
> a grocery store for more than a year and never have visited all of
> them.
>
> I've always checked out every grocery store within a 8 mile radius
> within 6 weeks of having lived there. I guess that makes me an
> overcurious pig! (OINK!)
>
> -sw

This Wegmans is fairly new and the line to get into the shopping center
is always long. The traffic in the left lane starts getting backed up
for about 2 miles prior to the light. I figured that much traffic to
get into the shopping center, it's going to be hard to drive through,
hard to find parking and the store would probably be crowded on a
Saturday. I was wrong on all accounts, plus coming home it was on the
right.

--
Cheryl