Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default crisper containers

I just stumbled across something called a crisper container, for
lettuce/vegetables and berries/fruit. Have you ever tried this
product? There is even a model that collapses, for people with a
limited amount of storage space in the kitchen.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rhome make-20

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:33:02 -0700, sf > wrote:

>I just stumbled across something called a crisper container, for
>lettuce/vegetables and berries/fruit. Have you ever tried this
>product? There is even a model that collapses, for people with a
>limited amount of storage space in the kitchen.
>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rhome make-20

My refrigerator's two vegetable bins already have adjustable vents...
and that thingie is much too small, will just waste fridge space.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> I just stumbled across something called a crisper container, for
> lettuce/vegetables and berries/fruit. Have you ever tried this
> product? There is even a model that collapses, for people with a
> limited amount of storage space in the kitchen.
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rhome make-20

Not that particular one. I had two from Tupperware which someone
immediately broke. Did not realize that to get the contents out, all you
needed to do was open the lid. Instead snapped off the pieces that control
the moisture inside.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:33:02 -0700, sf > wrote:

>I just stumbled across something called a crisper container, for
>lettuce/vegetables and berries/fruit. Have you ever tried this
>product? There is even a model that collapses, for people with a
>limited amount of storage space in the kitchen.
>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rhome make-20

I have 4 and couldn't get along without them. It more than doubles my
crisper space, which I need. Since I use so much fresh vegetables and
fruit they are a necessity for me.

koko
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 20, 2014 5:58:18 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> I had two from Tupperware which someone immediately broke. Did not realize that to get the contents out, all you needed to do was open the lid.

Simply amazing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thomas wrote:

> On Friday, June 20, 2014 5:58:18 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> > I had two from Tupperware which someone immediately broke. Did not realize that to get the contents out, all you needed to do was open the lid.

> Simply amazing.

Good call. I missed that one. Good grief! ;-D

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary > wrote:
> Thomas wrote:
>>
>> On Friday, June 20, 2014 5:58:18 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I had two from Tupperware which someone immediately broke. Did not
>>> realize that to get the contents out, all you needed to do was open the lid.

>> Simply amazing.

> Good call. I missed that one. Good grief! ;-D
>
> G.

I've never met a two year old that couldn't figure out how to open a
Tupperware container. And those adjusters just snap back on if they pop
off.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jinx the minx wrote:

> Gary > wrote:
> > Thomas wrote:

> >> Simply amazing.

> > Good call. I missed that one. Good grief! ;-D
> >
> > G.

> I've never met a two year old that couldn't figure out how to open a
> Tupperware container. And those adjusters just snap back on if they pop
> off.

Not only that... tupperware is very flexible. How could "someone"
break it immediately? That was just a nonsense bullshit post that
makes me sometimes think that she really *is* just a good troll and
Ophy is an idiot for constantly defending her.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jinx the minx wrote:
>>
>> Gary > wrote:

>> > Good call. I missed that one. Good grief! ;-D
>> >
>> > G.

>> I've never met a two year old that couldn't figure out how to open a
>> Tupperware container. And those adjusters just snap back on if they pop
>> off.

> Not only that... tupperware is very flexible. How could "someone"
> break it immediately? That was just a nonsense bullshit post that
> makes me sometimes think that she really *is* just a good troll and
> Ophy is an idiot for constantly defending her.

Thank very much Gary, but I don't. I just make comment when someone makes
an asshole comment that is obviously wrong.

You made a couple of comments recently which as I pointed out ... were
wrong! I notice you didn't argue.

--

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary > wrote:
> jinx the minx wrote:
>>
>> Gary > wrote:

>>> Good call. I missed that one. Good grief! ;-D
>>>
>>> G.

>> I've never met a two year old that couldn't figure out how to open a
>> Tupperware container. And those adjusters just snap back on if they pop
>> off.

> Not only that... tupperware is very flexible. How could "someone"
> break it immediately? That was just a nonsense bullshit post that
> makes me sometimes think that she really *is* just a good troll and
> Ophy is an idiot for constantly defending her.

Agreed.
--
jinx the minx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> Gary > wrote:
>> jinx the minx wrote:

>>> I've never met a two year old that couldn't figure out how to open a
>>> Tupperware container. And those adjusters just snap back on if they pop
>>> off.

>> Not only that... tupperware is very flexible. How could "someone"
>> break it immediately? That was just a nonsense bullshit post that
>> makes me sometimes think that she really *is* just a good troll and
>> Ophy is an idiot for constantly defending her.

> Agreed.
> --
> jinx the minx

LOL You just don't like to have it pointed out when you are talking crap
.... which you do... often)))))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> You made a couple of comments recently which as I pointed out ... were
> wrong! I notice you didn't argue.

I like you and I'm not here to argue with you. You sometimes pick on
me needlessly (imo) but I just let it slide. Too much fighting here
already, eh? :-D

Again... I like Julie and she knows it. I'll call her on a few things
once in awhile but no harm intended. You don't need to defend her from
me.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> You made a couple of comments recently which as I pointed out ... were
>> wrong! I notice you didn't argue.

> I like you and I'm not here to argue with you. You sometimes pick on
> me needlessly (imo) but I just let it slide. Too much fighting here
> already, eh? :-D

Yes I like you too, but you are not innocent yannow! If you are referring
to when I pointed out your error ie you complained that the cooker was not
old enough to have problems ... I just pointed out that someone else had
posted with the same problem. Is that picking on you????

> Again... I like Julie and she knows it. I'll call her on a few things
> once in awhile but no harm intended. You don't need to defend her from
> me.

I never thought I had to defend anyone against you, but recently ... Are
you ok?

TBH I am not interested in defending anyone, but when the bitching goes on
and on and on I just get totally ****ed off.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote:
> "jinx the minx" > wrote in message
>> Gary > wrote:

>>> Not only that... tupperware is very flexible. How could "someone"
>>> break it immediately? That was just a nonsense bullshit post that
>>> makes me sometimes think that she really *is* just a good troll and
>>> Ophy is an idiot for constantly defending her.

>> Agreed.
>> -- > jinx the minx

> LOL You just don't like to have it pointed out when you are talking crap
> ... which you do... often)))))

Often?? Just how often am I posting??
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> "Ophelia" > wrote:

>>> Agreed.
>>> -- > jinx the minx

>> LOL You just don't like to have it pointed out when you are talking crap
>> ... which you do... often)))))

> Often?? Just how often am I posting??

No idea but the only ones I do see from you ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote:
> "jinx the minx" > wrote in message

>>> LOL You just don't like to have it pointed out when you are talking crap
>>> ... which you do... often)))))

>> Often?? Just how often am I posting??

> No idea but the only ones I do see from you ...

So just don't read them. It's that simple, genius. Frankly, I don't enjoy
any of your posts either.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> "Ophelia" > wrote:

>>> Often?? Just how often am I posting??

>> No idea but the only ones I do see from you ...

> So just don't read them. It's that simple, genius. Frankly, I don't enjoy
> any of your posts either.

Excellent)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "jinx the minx" > wrote in message

>>> No idea but the only ones I do see from you ...

>> So just don't read them. It's that simple, genius. Frankly, I don't
>> enjoy
>> any of your posts either.

> Excellent)))

err so why are you reading mine?? )))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message ...

>>> So just don't read them. It's that simple, genius. Frankly, I don't >> enjoy
>>> any of your posts either.

>> Excellent)))

> err so why are you reading mine?? )))

Well, I didn't want to be rude by not reading them since you feel it's
necessary to police my Julie posts. You can bugger off now.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> Gary > wrote:
>> Thomas wrote:

>>> Simply amazing.

>> Good call. I missed that one. Good grief! ;-D
>>
>> G.

> I've never met a two year old that couldn't figure out how to open a
> Tupperware container. And those adjusters just snap back on if they pop
> off.

He didn't pop them off. He actually broke them. As in managed to break one
in half, vertically.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jinx the minx wrote:
>>
>> Gary > wrote:

>> > Good call. I missed that one. Good grief! ;-D
>> >
>> > G.

>> I've never met a two year old that couldn't figure out how to open a
>> Tupperware container. And those adjusters just snap back on if they pop
>> off.

> Not only that... tupperware is very flexible. How could "someone"
> break it immediately? That was just a nonsense bullshit post that
> makes me sometimes think that she really *is* just a good troll and
> Ophy is an idiot for constantly defending her.

I don't have them any more so I can't take a pic to show you what happened.
And I disagree on the Flexible part. I hate most Tupperware because it is
so stiff, I have trouble with the lids. I prefer Rubbermaid.

I didn't see him do it. I just saw the aftermath.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> jinx the minx wrote:

>>> I've never met a two year old that couldn't figure out how to open a
>>> Tupperware container. And those adjusters just snap back on if they pop
>>> off.

>> Not only that... tupperware is very flexible. How could "someone"
>> break it immediately? That was just a nonsense bullshit post that
>> makes me sometimes think that she really *is* just a good troll and
>> Ophy is an idiot for constantly defending her.

> Thank very much Gary, but I don't. I just make comment when someone makes
> an asshole comment that is obviously wrong.
>
> You made a couple of comments recently which as I pointed out ... were
> wrong! I notice you didn't argue.

I just don't understand why some people here claim that everything I say is
a lie or that I am making stuff up.

I looked at the link for the containers that koko got and many of the
reviewers said they were no good. The plastic was brittle and some found
that it broke right away. Same for the reviews from Amazon. And one of
them...I think the one that sf posted had reviews that said they too were
brittle and the lids shrank even when hand washed. Now I find the shrinking
lids hard to believe but so many people said the same thing, that would put
me off of them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> You made a couple of comments recently which as I pointed out ... were
>> wrong! I notice you didn't argue.

> I like you and I'm not here to argue with you. You sometimes pick on
> me needlessly (imo) but I just let it slide. Too much fighting here
> already, eh? :-D
>
> Again... I like Julie and she knows it. I'll call her on a few things
> once in awhile but no harm intended. You don't need to defend her from
> me.

You can claim to call me on it but how 'bout this? I'll send someone on
vacation to your house. Hehehe. We'll see how long that will last before
you say OMG or as they say in Italian...I'll have to say it
phonetically...Oh Marone! I had to ask someone what it meant as I had heard
it so many times in reference to said person. It means OMG!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> Gary > wrote:
>> jinx the minx wrote:

>>> I've never met a two year old that couldn't figure out how to open a
>>> Tupperware container. And those adjusters just snap back on if they pop
>>> off.

>> Not only that... tupperware is very flexible. How could "someone"
>> break it immediately? That was just a nonsense bullshit post that
>> makes me sometimes think that she really *is* just a good troll and
>> Ophy is an idiot for constantly defending her.

> Agreed.

Disagree. I never saw any Tupperware that was flexible. Most of it was
quite stiff and I even got some replacement lids once for some little
containers that I bought. The lids were so stiff that I couldn't get them
off and on. I took them to the next Tupperware party that I went to. The
Rep. couldn't do them either. She ordered me more lids. They were slightly
better but still a PITA and I wound up tossing them. Now if I take salsa or
dressing with me, I put it in a zip top bag.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> "Ophelia" > wrote:

>>> Agreed.
>>> -- > jinx the minx

>> LOL You just don't like to have it pointed out when you are talking crap
>> ... which you do... often)))))

> Often?? Just how often am I posting??

Well lately, any time I do!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message

> So just don't read them. It's that simple, genius. Frankly, I don't enjoy
> any of your posts either.

Is there anything you do like besides making snarky remarks and not
snipping?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> So just don't read them. It's that simple, genius. Frankly, I don't
>>> enjoy
>>> any of your posts either.

>> Excellent)))

> err so why are you reading mine?? )))

Because he/she lives for snarky remarks?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> Well, I didn't want to be rude by not reading them since you feel it's
> necessary to police my Julie posts. You can bugger off now.

Well... Somebody is a big old cranky pants today. Who ****ed in your
Cheerios?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "jinx the minx" > wrote in message
>
>> So just don't read them. It's that simple, genius. Frankly, I don't enjoy
>> any of your posts either.

> Is there anything you do like besides making snarky remarks and not snipping?

Plenty, I just don't feel the need to post about it.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "jinx the minx" > wrote in message
>> Gary > wrote:

>>> Not only that... tupperware is very flexible. How could "someone"
>>> break it immediately? That was just a nonsense bullshit post that
>>> makes me sometimes think that she really *is* just a good troll and
>>> Ophy is an idiot for constantly defending her.

>> Agreed.

> Disagree. I never saw any Tupperware that was flexible. Most of it was
> quite stiff and I even got some replacement lids once for some little
> containers that I bought. The lids were so stiff that I couldn't get
> them off and on. I took them to the next Tupperware party that I went
> to. The Rep. couldn't do them either. She ordered me more lids. They
> were slightly better but still a PITA and I wound up tossing them. Now
> if I take salsa or dressing with me, I put it in a zip top bag.

I wasn't agreeing to the flexibility of Tupperware.
--
jinx the minx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/21/2014 11:49 AM, Thomas wrote:

> On Friday, June 20, 2014 5:58:18 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I had two from Tupperware which someone immediately broke. Did not
>> realize that to get the contents out, all you needed to do was open
>> the lid.

Just curious, Julie, how did they get the food out?

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 6/21/2014 11:49 AM, Thomas wrote:
>
>> On Friday, June 20, 2014 5:58:18 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I had two from Tupperware which someone immediately broke. Did not
>>> realize that to get the contents out, all you needed to do was open
>>> the lid.

> Just curious, Julie, how did they get the food out?

They didn't. Then complained that I had some sort of mystical box that
wouldn't come open. To which I replied as I demonstrated lifting the lid.
I'm sure you can imagine the look on my face as I did so.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> "Ophelia" > wrote:

>>> Excellent)))

>> err so why are you reading mine?? )))
>>

> Well, I didn't want to be rude by not reading them since you feel it's
> necessary to police my Julie posts. You can bugger off now.

Oooh oohh oooh I am really scared now ... LOLOLOL

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

used plastic containers Wm Watt Preserving 4 14-12-2007 12:17 PM
Containers and microwave Ken Knecht General Cooking 7 06-03-2007 10:21 PM
Finally found a good alternative for freezer containers! CPET containers anita Preserving 0 15-01-2004 07:44 AM
Containers WoWers Tea 4 21-12-2003 01:49 PM
Looking for containers McLemore Tea 3 08-10-2003 09:41 PM