Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Happy Father's Day!

To all father's out there, even those father's who are no longer with
us, Happy Father's Day!

I haven't quite decided on breakfast yet. Probably 2 eggs over-medium,
a few strips of bacon (already baked and portioned out in the freezer)
and a couple of slices of buttered whole wheat toast. That should hold
me until dinner. I have no idea what I'm cooking for dinner. LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> To all father's out there, even those father's who are no longer with us,
> Happy Father's Day!
>
> I haven't quite decided on breakfast yet. Probably 2 eggs over-medium, a
> few strips of bacon (already baked and portioned out in the freezer) and a
> couple of slices of buttered whole wheat toast. That should hold me until
> dinner. I have no idea what I'm cooking for dinner. LOL
>
> Jill

My dh usually has oatmeal since I don't cook breakfast, but today I made him
bacon and eggs. For dinner were having deep fried prawns, tomato basil
salad, french bread, and lavender/lemon cheesecake. Some things I won't eat
much of, but he got to pick. A quiet day here which is nice.:-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:38:01 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> To all father's out there, even those father's who are no longer with
> us, Happy Father's Day!
>
> I haven't quite decided on breakfast yet. Probably 2 eggs over-medium,
> a few strips of bacon (already baked and portioned out in the freezer)
> and a couple of slices of buttered whole wheat toast. That should hold
> me until dinner. I have no idea what I'm cooking for dinner. LOL

I don't usually cook breakfast, but did today because it's Father's
Day. I made TJ's chicken sausages (boy, those suckers were salty),
hash browns (from shredded leftover boiled potatoes) and cheese
omelets topped with sour cream and salsa fresca.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> To all father's out there,

Thank you, Jill.

> I have no idea what I'm cooking for dinner. LOL

I'll be having 2-3 barbeque sandwiches...nothing cooked by me today
though. Pulled pork with eastern NC barbeque sauce (vinegar based) on
fresh rolls (not kaiser) and a good dollup of good coleslaw on each
sandwich.

I know you don't like coleslaw, but for others here that do.....If you
live in the region of "Food Lion" grocery stores, their store coleslaw
is about as good as it gets. For the bbq toppings, I like it even
better than the tasty homemade coleslaw that I make occasionally.

G. :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2014 1:36 PM, Gary wrote:
> I know you don't like coleslaw, but for others here that do.....If you
> live in the region of "Food Lion" grocery stores, their store coleslaw
> is about as good as it gets. For the bbq toppings, I like it even
> better than the tasty homemade coleslaw that I make occasionally.
>
> G.:-D

When I got here in December, 2007 (before she begged me to come back in
January, 2008) I saw a washed container of Food Lion deli cole slaw on
the kitchen counter. Mom used to buy it for Dad. I'm not sure she
was a fan of cole slaw. Potato salad, most likely.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2014 12:44 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> To all father's out there, even those father's who are no longer with
>> us, Happy Father's Day!
>>
>> I haven't quite decided on breakfast yet. Probably 2 eggs
>> over-medium, a few strips of bacon (already baked and portioned out in
>> the freezer) and a couple of slices of buttered whole wheat toast.
>> That should hold me until dinner. I have no idea what I'm cooking for
>> dinner. LOL
>>
>> Jill

> My dh usually has oatmeal since I don't cook breakfast, but today I made
> him bacon and eggs. For dinner were having deep fried prawns, tomato
> basil salad, french bread, and lavender/lemon cheesecake. Some things I
> won't eat much of, but he got to pick. A quiet day here which is nice.:-)
>
> Cheri

Sounds wonderful, Cheri! The local shrimp (prawns) are just starting to
come in off the boats in Beaufort. I need to check into that.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2014 4:38 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> To all father's out there, even those father's who are no longer with
> us, Happy Father's Day!
>
> I haven't quite decided on breakfast yet. Probably 2 eggs over-medium,
> a few strips of bacon (already baked and portioned out in the freezer)
> and a couple of slices of buttered whole wheat toast. That should hold
> me until dinner. I have no idea what I'm cooking for dinner. LOL
>
> Jill

I was talking to my neighbor the other day and he told me that he had a
daughter out of an affair he had 30 years ago. He recently contacted the
woman and informed her of his existence. This sounds like it could go
South real fast but evidently, they have gotten close and keep in touch
with each other through text messaging. He was worried when his daughter
failed to respond to his message recently. He thought something may have
happened to her or that he made her angry. My neighbor was relieved to
find that her phone wasn't working that day and he said that he has some
new-found respect for those things that make parents fear for their
kids. I guess today would be his first legit father's day ever. Not only
that, he's also a grandpa to boot. What a world!

I don't know what I'll have for breakfast. All I know is that I get to
try out my new egg-cracking device that I got for $2. You put the egg in
the holder and squeeze the handle. It also comes with a cup to grab the
yolk if you're so inclined. Well, I am inclined. It also comes with a
battery operated thingie that mixes the egg while it's in the shell. I
don't even know if I want to try that doo-hicky.