Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stick figures?

On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 12:36:08 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 08 Jun 2014 12:03:06 -0700, sf > wrote:

> >>They are decals.
> >>http://www.vinyldisorder.com/families.html
> >>http://www.fullintensitygrafx.com/family_decals.php
> >>http://www.familystickers.com/custom...FU5afgod2WIA1Q

> > Guess I'm the proverbial stick in the mud. No way am I putting decals
> > on my car. Or bumper stickers or anything else.

> Ahh they go on cars! Ok thanks Some of them look very busy. So long as
> the don't disrupt vision ...

They go in the rear window, tallest at the edge and graduate down as
shown. They could be put anywhere a decal can stick... mirror,
refrigerator etc. We typically see them in the rear windows of SUV's
and mini-vans.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 14:21:24 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> > On 6/9/2014 8:48 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> That's funny! :-D I saw a "Baby On Board" caution sign on a car the
> >> other day. (I haven't seen one of those in about 20 years.) The woman
> >> was busy talking away on a cell phone while driving 45mph/72.4km/h.
> >> Apparently everyone *else* is supposed to be aware of the baby but the
> >> mother/grandmother driving the car doesn't have to be. Heh.

> > I saw one a couple of weeks ago. Please, not them again! Heh.
> > Gee, I was going to speed up and smash into that car, but now
> > I see there is a baby, I guess I won't.

> Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving. Not
> that it seems to stop some people.

Same here.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:11:34 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 6/9/2014 9:21 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> >

> > Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving.
> > Not that it seems to stop some people.

> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
> to have replaced talking, for the most part.

Not sure why because every new car has bluetooth capability now and
you can talk hands free.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 12:36:08 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:

>> > Guess I'm the proverbial stick in the mud. No way am I putting decals
>> > on my car. Or bumper stickers or anything else.

>> Ahh they go on cars! Ok thanks Some of them look very busy. So long
>> as
>> the don't disrupt vision ...

> They go in the rear window, tallest at the edge and graduate down as
> shown. They could be put anywhere a decal can stick... mirror,
> refrigerator etc. We typically see them in the rear windows of SUV's
> and mini-vans.

Ok I don't think I will bother

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:31:20 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2014-06-09 10:11 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> >
> >> Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving.
> >> Not that it seems to stop some people.

> > Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
> > to have replaced talking, for the most part.
> >

> It is illegal to use hand held electronic devices here in Ontario. It
> has been illegal for a few years but people kept doing it, so they
> boosted the fine. With victim fund surcharge it is $280. After that
> increase I started to see people pulled over to use their phones, but I
> still see lots of people driving around with a cell phone to their ear
> or texting while driving.

It's kind of like rolling stops - some people have to pay a fine to
get the idea that the law applies to everyone, not everyone else.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 06:45:25 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> Sort of like the commercial where the couple walks into a cellular store
> with an infant and expects everyone to speak in whispers so as not to wake
> the baby. LOL

I hate that one too, but I guess what they're doing is making fun of
the people who expect their baby to be at the center of everyone's
world.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 17:46:10 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> Ok I don't think I will bother

You're not a big part of the demographic. They are typically used by
people who still have children at home.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 17:46:10 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>> Ok I don't think I will bother

> You're not a big part of the demographic. They are typically used by
> people who still have children at home.

Oh I am sure I could make a stick people story if I were of the mind ...
which I am not

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Guess I'm the proverbial stick in the mud. No way am I putting decals
> on my car. Or bumper stickers or anything else.

You're not alone, Ed. I don't do that nonsense either.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 6/9/2014 9:13 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> > On 6/9/2014 8:48 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> That's funny! :-D I saw a "Baby On Board" caution sign on a car the
> >> other day. (I haven't seen one of those in about 20 years.) The woman
> >> was busy talking away on a cell phone while driving 45mph/72.4km/h.
> >> Apparently everyone *else* is supposed to be aware of the baby but the
> >> mother/grandmother driving the car doesn't have to be. Heh.

> > I saw one a couple of weeks ago. Please, not them again! Heh.
> > Gee, I was going to speed up and smash into that car, but now
> > I see there is a baby, I guess I won't.
> >
> > nancy
> >

> I know, right? Darn, guess I'll just have to hit some other car instead.
>
> Jill

Screw the baby, I'd smash into that car anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 12:33:50 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 8 Jun 2014 20:18:40 +0100, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:

>>>Weird! New to me!

>> Lucky you. The stickers have been in plague proprtions in the great
>> breeding pen known as suburban Australia for several years now.
>>
>> Thankfully there now seems to be something of a backlash and are
>> finally becoming less popular here.

>Where are these displayed?

Usually on car windows.

>The one in the previous post you showed was more
>then a bit scary! (the hanging one)

The first one was once on the back of my car, the other was one I
found in a search. Yeah, the second one is on the nasty side.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 9, 2014 5:10:17 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> > Guess I'm the proverbial stick in the mud. No way am I putting decals

> on my car. Or bumper stickers or anything else.

Same here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/9/2014 12:45 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:11:34 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/9/2014 9:21 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving.
>>> Not that it seems to stop some people.

>> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
>> to have replaced talking, for the most part.
>>

> Not sure why because every new car has bluetooth capability now and
> you can talk hands free.

Sure hope it's optional. I can't think of any reason to talk on the
phone, hands-free or not, while driving. It's still a distraction.
Gotta make a call? Pull over. My 2 cents.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 18:31:51 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/9/2014 12:45 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:11:34 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
>>> to have replaced talking, for the most part.
>>>

>> Not sure why because every new car has bluetooth capability now and
>> you can talk hands free.
>>

>Sure hope it's optional. I can't think of any reason to talk on the
>phone, hands-free or not, while driving. It's still a distraction.
>Gotta make a call? Pull over. My 2 cents.

Never mind that not all new cars have bluetooth anyway... far from it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/9/2014 10:11 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 6/9/2014 9:21 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving.
>> Not that it seems to stop some people.

> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
> to have replaced talking, for the most part.
>
> nancy

Which is much more dangerous than talking! I once sat outside on my
front porch people watching the cars that drove by. I live on a busy
road, so there's a lot of traffic. Nearly everyone who drove by was
talking on the phone. Amazing.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/9/2014 9:21 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I saw one a couple of weeks ago. Please, not them again! Heh.
>>> Gee, I was going to speed up and smash into that car, but now
>>> I see there is a baby, I guess I won't.

>> Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving.
>> Not that it seems to stop some people.
>>

> I think it's illegal everwhere. No one seems to pay attention to the
> laws.
>
> Jill

Don't try to think. You can choose not to post or do a little research
first.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/9/2014 12:45 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:11:34 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
>>> to have replaced talking, for the most part.
>>>

>> Not sure why because every new car has bluetooth capability now and
>> you can talk hands free.
>>

> Sure hope it's optional. I can't think of any reason to talk on the
> phone, hands-free or not, while driving. It's still a distraction.
> Gotta make a call? Pull over. My 2 cents.
>
> Jill

Some people have jobs that require it and can handle it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/9/2014 8:14 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 6/9/2014 10:11 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 6/9/2014 9:21 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving.
>>> Not that it seems to stop some people.

>> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
>> to have replaced talking, for the most part.

> Which is much more dangerous than talking! I once sat outside on my
> front porch people watching the cars that drove by. I live on a busy
> road, so there's a lot of traffic. Nearly everyone who drove by was
> talking on the phone. Amazing.

Imagine if the cops were to start enforcing the law, all the
towns would have plenty of money.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/9/2014 10:02 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 6/9/2014 8:14 PM, Cheryl wrote:

>>> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
>>> to have replaced talking, for the most part.

>> Which is much more dangerous than talking! I once sat outside on my
>> front porch people watching the cars that drove by. I live on a busy
>> road, so there's a lot of traffic. Nearly everyone who drove by was
>> talking on the phone. Amazing.

> Imagine if the cops were to start enforcing the law, all the
> towns would have plenty of money.
>
> nancy

I don't expect they will bother. I once reported a bus driver that was
driving way over the 30mph speed limit on this road, bus full of kids.
It was a daily occurrence and I was worried for the safety of the kids.
Many of them were standing up. Nothing ever happened and the driver
kept the speed up until the end of the school year. I try not to look at
buses anymore, since nothing will be done.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On 6/9/2014 12:45 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:11:34 -0400, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
> >> to have replaced talking, for the most part.
> >>

> > Not sure why because every new car has bluetooth capability now and
> > you can talk hands free.
> >

> Sure hope it's optional. I can't think of any reason to talk on the
> phone, hands-free or not, while driving. It's still a distraction.
> Gotta make a call? Pull over. My 2 cents.

The point is that they don't need to take their hands off the steering
wheel if they want to gab.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Monday, June 9, 2014 5:10:17 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> > Guess I'm the proverbial stick in the mud. No way am I putting decals

>> on my car. Or bumper stickers or anything else.
>>

> Same here.

I always buy plain license plate holders to replace the ones that come with
it, because I don't even want to advertise where I bought the car at.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 6/9/2014 9:21 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I saw one a couple of weeks ago. Please, not them again! Heh.
>>> Gee, I was going to speed up and smash into that car, but now
>>> I see there is a baby, I guess I won't.

>> Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving.
>> Not that it seems to stop some people.

> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
> to have replaced talking, for the most part.
>
> nancy

Both are illegal here. Tons of people still do it though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

>>> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
>>> to have replaced talking, for the most part.
>>>

>> It is illegal to use hand held electronic devices here in Ontario. It
>> has been illegal for a few years but people kept doing it, so they
>> boosted the fine. With victim fund surcharge it is $280. After that
>> increase I started to see people pulled over to use their phones, but I
>> still see lots of people driving around with a cell phone to their ear
>> or texting while driving.

> I think it's an actual addiction. People just can't stop
> themselves.

I don't get it. I hate using the cell phone and pretty much only use it for
emergencies. I do have a Smart Phone so it is handy to be able to look
stuff up on the Internet but I would never do that when driving.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:11:34 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/9/2014 9:21 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> >

>> > Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving.
>> > Not that it seems to stop some people.

>> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
>> to have replaced talking, for the most part.
>>

> Not sure why because every new car has bluetooth capability now and
> you can talk hands free.

No. Every new car does not. Mine does not. I wouldn't want it. Studies
have shown that is just as dangerous as using the phone otherwise.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 18:31:51 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/9/2014 12:45 PM, sf wrote:
>> > On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:11:34 -0400, Nancy Young

>> > Not sure why because every new car has bluetooth capability now and
>> > you can talk hands free.
>> >

>> Sure hope it's optional. I can't think of any reason to talk on the
>> phone, hands-free or not, while driving. It's still a distraction.
>> Gotta make a call? Pull over. My 2 cents.
>>

> The point is that they don't need to take their hands off the steering
> wheel if they want to gab.

It's still just as dangerous.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Earl" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving.
>>> Not that it seems to stop some people.
>>>

>> I think it's illegal everwhere. No one seems to pay attention to the
>> laws.
>>
>> Jill

> Don't try to think. You can choose not to post or do a little research
> first.

It's not illegal everywhere but more and more places are making it so.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message

>>> on my car. Or bumper stickers or anything else.
>>>

>> Same here.

> I always buy plain license plate holders to replace the ones that come
> with it, because I don't even want to advertise where I bought the car at.

I just got new ones. They have purple violets so they go well with the
green and purple sparkles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 6/9/2014 10:11 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 6/9/2014 9:21 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> Incidentally it is illegal here to use your cellphone while driving.
>>> Not that it seems to stop some people.

>> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
>> to have replaced talking, for the most part.
>>
>> nancy

> Which is much more dangerous than talking! I once sat outside on my front
> porch people watching the cars that drove by. I live on a busy road, so
> there's a lot of traffic. Nearly everyone who drove by was talking on the
> phone. Amazing.

I hear complaints that one ought not to use the phone, even hands free -
because it is distracting! What about when you are talking to someone in
the car? Yet that is not frowned on!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 18:31:51 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Sure hope it's optional. I can't think of any reason to talk on the
>>> phone, hands-free or not, while driving. It's still a distraction.
>>> Gotta make a call? Pull over. My 2 cents.
>>>

>> The point is that they don't need to take their hands off the steering
>> wheel if they want to gab.
>>

> It's still just as dangerous.

So, do you not talk to Angela when you are driving? If so, what is the
difference?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message

>>> The point is that they don't need to take their hands off the steering
>>> wheel if they want to gab.
>>>

>> It's still just as dangerous.

> So, do you not talk to Angela when you are driving? If so, what is the
> difference?

Usually, no. I don't talk to the passengers unless I need to as in trying
to find some place. But from what I have read, talking to a live passenger
is not the same at all as using a cell phone even with blue tooth. Has
something to do with the person being right there with you. Less
distracting than talking to someone who is not there. If I am driving
through a tricky area such as one with lots of construction or I am looking
for an address, I won't have the radio on either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> eb.com...

>>> Clearly it's not stopping anyone here, either. Texting seems
>>> to have replaced talking, for the most part.
>>>
>>> nancy

>> Which is much more dangerous than talking! I once sat outside on my front
>> porch people watching the cars that drove by. I live on a busy road, so
>> there's a lot of traffic. Nearly everyone who drove by was talking on
>> the phone. Amazing.

> I hear complaints that one ought not to use the phone, even hands free -
> because it is distracting! What about when you are talking to someone in
> the car? Yet that is not frowned on!

It's not the same though.

http://unews.utah.edu/old/p/112608-2.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_...driving_safety

There are a lot more links but you get the idea.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/9/2014 8:12 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> Back when cell phones were fairly new and service prices dropped, I can
> remember someone talking in the toilet in the stall next to me. I
> thought they were talking to me.

That happens to me occasionally if someone is wearing one of those
bluetooth (I think) fits over the ear phones. A guy standing in line
next to me said "Hello" so I said hello, then I realized he'd just
answered a phone call. LOL

Jill

non stick pan sf[_9_] General Cooking 22 03-08-2010 09:51 PM
Non Stick Wok or Not Joe Cilinceon Cooking Equipment 0 17-06-2007 12:22 AM
It Figures Rachel Ray Would Be a Shill For Dunkin Donuts rst General Cooking 71 14-06-2007 03:18 PM
RTD-TEA---SALES FIGURES KALLE GRIEGER Tea 1 17-05-2007 10:48 PM
Calphalon Pro non-stick ii vs commercial non-stick? Bill Cooking Equipment 7 19-11-2003 09:34 PM