Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Free Samples

We scored the perfect free samples at the grocery store for this hot day
- chocolate milkshakes and fruit kabobs. Yum! I love the samples of
Publix Apron Meals. They have inspired me to try a few new recipes.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 6:12:09 PM UTC-5, Tara wrote:

> We scored the perfect free samples at the grocery store for this hot day
> - chocolate milkshakes and fruit kabobs. Yum! I love the samples of
> Publix Apron Meals. They have inspired me to try a few new recipes.
>

> Tara

There are Publix stores here but none closer than 12 miles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> We scored the perfect free samples at the grocery store for this hot day
> - chocolate milkshakes and fruit kabobs. Yum! I love the samples of
> Publix Apron Meals. They have inspired me to try a few new recipes.

I got excited because Fred Meyer was having some sort of Mexican promotion.
There were two guys outside with a table covered with a tablecloth that said
Mexico on it. Free stuff. I assumed it was Mexican food. Nope.
Toothpaste, shampoo, laundry detergent... Nothing even remotely Mexican.
Or food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/7/2014 7:12 PM, Tara wrote:
> We scored the perfect free samples at the grocery store for this hot day
> - chocolate milkshakes and fruit kabobs. Yum! I love the samples of
> Publix Apron Meals. They have inspired me to try a few new recipes.
>
> Tara

I never see anyone manning the "Aprons" kiosk when I go to Publix.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/8/2014 3:59 PM, Tara wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jun 2014 07:33:51 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I never see anyone manning the "Aprons" kiosk when I go to Publix.
>>

> The kiosks in my area tend to serve samples weekends after lunch and
> weekdays starting around 4:30 p.m. I'm willing to bet those are the
> times you avoid the grocery store!
>
> Tara

True enough, Tara. I do not like shopping when there's a lot of
traffic, and around 4:00PM is exactly when that happens.

Jill